Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Balance thoughts

Pmarsico9
Pmarsico9
✭✭✭✭
Need buffs:
Classes: Templar Sustained DPS, Nightblade all
Weapons: Dual wield, two handed, sword and shield, bow
Armor: Heavy Armor caps too soon, medium armor tends to cap too soon too.

Needs major nerfs:
Classes: Dragon Knight control and defensive utility
Weapons: Destruction Staves, Restoration Staves
Armor: Light Armor gets just about to cap without any wasted stats towards it.

Suggested fixes:

Buffs:
Templar DPS: Buff Burning light. Start there. Increase proc chance to 50/100%. Also buff Enduring Rays to 25/50%

Nightblade: First off, confirm abilities are working as intended. This seems to continually be swept under the rug. This class is apparently in a beta version comparatively. Once you do that, take a look at the passives. Possible ideas:
Increase pressure points up to 1.5/3%
Increase shade damage

Admittedly, I don't play one, but these are just loose thoughts on where to start. But the guildies I run with say alot of the abilities straight up don't work right. So it may be that bugs are hurting the class.

Weapons: Bow/Dual Wield/Two Hander: Add increased damage scaling from weapon damage. For example, if Carve is currently 100% of weapon damage, it should be bumped to 125% Start small.

Armor: Simply increase the caps via additional language in passives. Heavy has no advantages beyond its damage reduction and healing taken, making it completely geared towards survivability. As such,
Add to Bracing: Increases soft cap for armor and spell resistance overcharging by 50 per piece of heavy armor equipped. This is a modest change, but considering that even light armor is attaining massive DR's right now, Heavy needs something.

I would almost venture to say that Rapid Mending should be bumped up as well.

For medium do something similar, but maybe just by half.

Nerfs:

DK's need CD power reduced significantly. They are completely out of line with Templar, Nightblade, and Sorc tanks. Meaning there's only one viable tank in many situations. If the defensive utility gets reduced, then the control can remain. Due to the preference of ranged right now, Talons are potentially the most powerful ability in the game. In both PVP and PVE.

In fact, the entire Draconic Power Tree is simply too tank-specific compared to say Aedric Spear or any tree from the Sorc or Nightblade. Sword and shield being equal across all 4 classes, this is relatively absurd. At the very least, some of the Abilities should've been pushed down the skill lines within the DK's class line across all three branches.

Light Armor: The irony is that the problem with Light Armor isn't in the tree at all. Immovable should work based on the number of pieces of heavy armor equipped.

Destruction staff: Tune down the CC/Snares/roots/disorients that are passively applied here. It's nearly as out of line as the Draconic Power tree.

Restoration Staff: I am of the mindset that the issue here isn't necessarily any single issue. It's the fact that it's just too easy to swap and heal and is by nature not something that can be easily balanced...........So I'm somewhat at a loss here........

• NerfEverything
    NerfEverything
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with everything you have said here. I wish the devs would listen to good feedback like this.
  • Pmarsico9
    Pmarsico9
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not even an argument? Good there shouldn't be.
  • NerfEverything
    NerfEverything
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I could argue that resto staffs shouldn't be nerfed since it is the templar's only way to recover magika since they have no resource management skills. Resto staffs should be nerfed in the hands of the other 3 classes though.
  • Pmarsico9
    Pmarsico9
    ✭✭✭✭
    Didn't mean you Nerf lol.
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Pmarsico9 wrote: »
    Need buffs:

Needs major nerfs:

Suggested fixes:

Buffs:
    Templar DPS: Buff Burning light. Start there. Increase proc chance to 50/100%. Also buff Enduring Rays to 25/50%

Nightblade: First off, confirm abilities are working as intended. This seems to continually be swept under the rug. This class is apparently in a beta version comparatively. Once you do that, take a look at the passives. Possible ideas:
    Increase shade damage

Admittedly, I don't play one, but these are just loose thoughts on where to start. But the guildies I run with say alot of the abilities straight up don't work right. So it may be that bugs are hurting the class.

Weapons: Bow/Dual Wield/Two Hander: Add increased damage scaling from weapon damage. For example, if Carve is currently 100% of weapon damage, it should be bumped to 125% Start small.

Armor: Simply increase the caps via additional language in passives. Heavy has no advantages beyond its damage reduction and healing taken, making it completely geared towards survivability. As such,
    Add to Bracing: Increases soft cap for armor and spell resistance overcharging by 50 per piece of heavy armor equipped. This is a modest change, but considering that even light armor is attaining massive DR's right now, Heavy needs something.

Nerfs:

DK's need CD power reduced significantly. They are completely out of line with Templar, Nightblade, and Sorc tanks. Meaning there's only one viable tank in many situations. If the defensive utility gets reduced, then the control can remain. Due to the preference of ranged right now, Talons are potentially the most powerful ability in the game. In both PVP and PVE.

In fact, the entire Draconic Power Tree is simply too tank-specific compared to say Aedric Spear or any tree from the Sorc or Nightblade. Sword and shield being equal across all 4 classes, this is relatively absurd. At the very least, some of the Abilities should've been pushed down the skill lines within the DK's class line across all three branches.

Light Armor: The irony is that the problem with Light Armor isn't in the tree at all. Immovable should work based on the number of pieces of heavy armor equipped.

Destruction staff: Tune down the CC/Snares/roots/disorients that are passively applied here. It's nearly as out of line as the Draconic Power tree.

Restoration Staff: I am of the mindset that the issue here isn't necessarily any single issue. It's the fact that it's just too easy to swap and heal and is by nature not something that can be easily balanced...........So I'm somewhat at a loss here........

I really feel like regin and cost reduction for both stats and too both medium amour and heavy would be helpfully and make heavy amours spell resit be higher then light amour. The rest is nice.
    Edited by alexj4596b14_ESO on June 11, 2014 10:10PM
  • Pmarsico9
    Pmarsico9
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not necessarily hard to get to the spell resist cap. But I agree that Heavy should have a passive correlation between armor and spell resist. Aka: 1 Armor = .5 Spell Resist or something like that.

Just as a note, I got kicked from a VoM group last night because they found out I was a Templar and "only DK's can tank."
  • plaxy186
    plaxy186
    Disagree with nightblades needing a buff there class skills work fine and effective. Stanima weapons need a buff

A Nightblade that dresses like a DK and uses view of blades like standard is just as much a wrecking ball
  • CaptainSilverbrow
    CaptainSilverbrow
    ✭✭✭
    Buffs:

2984997_60x60.png?v=1396725033.37

PTR soon?
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Need buffs:

Needs major nerfs:

Suggested fixes:

Buffs:

Increase shade damage

Nerfs:

See this is why ZOS can't listen to any forum feedback. NB is currently top DPS in trials and in a very good spot in PVP. No reason to buff them at all. Melee/stam in general needs to be buffed which will in turn buff all those NB crying that their class is weak when in reality it is only their weapon choice and resource focus.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    See this is why ZOS can't listen to any forum feedback. NB is currently top DPS in trials and in a very good spot in PVP. No reason to buff them at all. Melee/stam in general needs to be buffed which will in turn buff all those NB crying that their class is weak when in reality it is only their weapon choice and resource focus.

Yep. The issue isn't Nightblades. Caster NB's are the most dangerous one-on-one or one-on-two spec in Cyrodil right now, they do great DPS in trials and they can solo as well as anyone. Dark Cloak, Swallow Soul, etc are a fantastic combination of skills.

The issue is medium armor and stamina builds. Regardless of what class you play, you're at a disadvantage in leather. The only exception here is archers in Cyrodil, who are excellent gankers.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade