The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Pathetic Celarus Emperor Farmers got shafted yesterday and now use new exploit - devs beware

• 1nugam1
    1nugam1
    ✭✭
    Dleatherus wrote: »
    Bloodvax wrote: »
    Make the Emperor bonuses time based no skill point based. So the longer you have Emperor the more powerful you get. If you lose emperor you lose the skill line. Problem solved

this is one of the better solutions suggested so far

if there are 5 passives, let each one unlock in 24 hour increments

first 24 hours no passive bonus at all

at 24 hours of holding throne passive#1 kicks in
    48hrs - passive #2 kicks in etc

this gives a reason for the emperor to want to hold onto the throne for as long as possible, and for the 'enemy' to try and retake to stop him from growing stronger

you lose emperor, you lose passives, no 'ifs' 'and' or 'buts'

not perfect but one helluva step up from the current fiasco

D.

You do realize the root of the problem is once a person is crowned emperor on a 90 day campaign no one else has a chance to surpass this person given that the person spends most of his/her time in Cyrodiil ganking/farming players.

This is exactly what led people to join this 'new' campaign to get a shot at emperor titles.

edit - it's all fine and dandy, but the AP earnings once crowned should be lowered.
    Edited by 1nugam1 on June 9, 2014 5:07PM
    Aquilon - V14 Nightblade - EU Thornblade
    I got my head up, but I ain't got my hopes high ~
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But we already knew the Emperor title was going to be a contest between nerds with absurd playtimes (love you guys)... im fine with that as long as they are honorable nerds who do fight for the faction against the enemy.
    Edited by Gisgo on June 9, 2014 5:10PM
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pathetic. Those cheaters need to be dealt with. Another way to ruin Cyrodil pvp and the title of emperor and former emperor. All need to be formally reported for harassment and exploiting.
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1nugam1 wrote: »

You do realize the root of the problem is once a person is crowned emperor on a 90 day campaign no one else has a chance to surpass this person given that the person spends most of his/her time in Cyrodiil ganking/farming players.

This is exactly what led people to join this 'new' campaign to get a shot at emperor titles.

edit - it's all fine and dandy, but the AP earnings once crowned should be lowered.

you want a legit shot for emperor title? - go for it

you want to exploit the emperor farming?- go for it

you want to tell us how to play our game, be a part of your exploits, deny us using siege weapons, harass us in zone and private messages - game on

D.
    Edited by Dleatherus on June 9, 2014 5:15PM
    Stands in Puddles VR12 NB
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

Emperor Farmers, cheaters and exploiters - just like cockroaches in real life, Tamriel will never be rid of them
  • 1nugam1
    1nugam1
    ✭✭
    Well, I suggest you report the individuals in-game and have ZOS take a look at it - if you haven't already that is.
  • leewells
    leewells
    ✭✭✭
    The devs could fix this quick, and easily if they wanted: Remove former emp buffs and make the title guild-wide.

This would fix the issue where the emp title wouldn't be farmed. But that's not what happened. You see emp farming was going on the main servers, people complained, so they made a 2 week campaign (to change out emp faster) and now people are complaining about the farm on that, even with absurd statements like "EP is in cahoots with AD!"
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I suggest you report the individuals in-game and have ZOS take a look at it - if you haven't already that is.

we have submitted the screenshots including the one of the exploiter setting down the oil pots but left/blocked their names out of it purposely

we're not trying to get individuals in trouble

we're trying to fix the problem in the game mechanics, not punish the offender for manipulating and abusing them

cheats, exploiters, trolls, sociopaths etc have been in every mmo since i started playing UO 17 years ago - nothing we or anybody else does will change that in a community of this size

we're not here as babysitters or nannies to emperor farmers that seem to have the ethics and self accountability of a small soap dish

what we're trying to do is show that a problem exists, show proof that this exists since many folks deny it even occurs, and suggest constructive solutions and suggestions to counter it in the future

and bottom line is, as a guild and as individuals, we're trying to have fun with PvP in a PvP campaign - it's why we spend our time in this game

D.
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

Emperor Farmers, cheaters and exploiters - just like cockroaches in real life, Tamriel will never be rid of them
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should be trying to get individuals in trouble. Exploiters need to be punished.
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should be trying to get individuals in trouble. Exploiters need to be punished.

Technically, they are not "exploiters".
    Not before the DEVs say "hey guys this is unintended mechanics and will be changed soon, do not exploit it meanwhile".

Atm they are just losers, but unfortunately thats not against any rule.
  • 1nugam1
    1nugam1
    ✭✭

we're trying to fix the problem in the game mechanics, not punish the offender for manipulating and abusing them

D.

You say that, yet you continue to urge people to grab their pitchforks and ridicule this group of 'emperor farmers'.

It just looks as if you love to blow up a '***'

ZOS should be aware by now, this has been going on ever since the game launched more or less(emperor trading).
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @leewells‌
    and now people are complaining about the farm on that, even with absurd statements like "EP is in cahoots with AD!"

am going to repost a comment from another related thread and post a conversation from in game - we're allowed to post videos and screenshots from in game

no naming or shaming here - YOU read it, look at them and come to your own conclusions:

@Absinthe
    I went into Celarus last night to see it for myself. A couple of people in a guild that I am in were taking part. I join their group and have fun for a bit. Apparently voice coms are shared between all 3 factions so that keeps can be taken over more expediently. Whatever organization that was initially shown quickly gave way chaos.

047a25b5fe.jpg

maybe the 'absurd statements' aren't so absurd after all?

again, my beef isn't with the cheats and exploiters - they will always exist - this thread shows a problem in the game mechanics that needs to be addressed, offers several solutions through constructive discussion - i prefer we keep speculation and accusations of absurd comments out of it
    D.

Edited by Dleatherus on June 9, 2014 7:54PM
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

• 1nugam1
    1nugam1
    ✭✭
    ... you should really review your post. no name shaming going on here.. nope.
  • Citidel
    Citidel
    ✭✭✭

D.

You say that, yet you continue to urge people to grab their pitchforks and ridicule this group of 'emperor farmers'.

It just looks as if you love to blow up a '***'

ZOS should be aware by now, this has been going on ever since the game launched more or less(emperor trading).

'***' - not even close... but hey this is the internets right?

The basic mechanics are there, everyone is willing to admit that. But the blatant attempts at denial and general /zone berating of people trying to play the game as it was intended in their decided campaign for fun, just rubs me the wrong way. If you go out every night and fight tooth and nail, to hold\take keeps you are PVPing. If you are sitting on the side, watching group A take keep 1\6 while you sit in the far tower waiting for the call to "go" to flip it again.

Say what you want about D, The Noore, hell even me, but some things go just a touch too close to that "grey line" to be "right."

I'm all for keep flipping, and such that's fun and enjoyable when someone is defending it. When you can walk in and take it with no issue because of X, Y or Z reasons its not fun its a joke. Its like working really hard on that quest and someone 2 rooms over completes it for you before you get there... it just kinda sucks the life out of the game.

If these people want to Farm Emp. they can, I alone cannot stop them... but 3 of us + 6 extras that showed up later defended a Alessia vs waves of EP and DC before they got discouraged and left.

Just remember if you are there for a fancy title I'm going to bring friends to make sure you work for it and boy will you work for it. After working for it, is it worth all that trouble to abdicate so some jerk on another faction can get your hard fought title? or have we moved past that as being a reason to be emperor and its just "oh Johnny needs passives for trials"\"Johnny is getting rolled in PVP at home we should get him better PVP passives"?
    Edited by Citidel on June 9, 2014 6:10PM
    Citidel
    Officer of The Noore
    Leader of the Water Cu

"Posts and comments are not necessarily the feelings of The Noore or Water Cu as I am my own person with my own opinions"
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gisgo wrote: »

Technically, they are not "exploiters".
    Not before the DEVs say "hey guys this is unintended mechanics and will be changed soon, do not exploit it meanwhile".

Atm they are just losers, but unfortunately thats not against any rule.

Their actions of sending tells, spam too depending on how many times they did it, and preventing you from placing meaningful siege equipment is harassing and impacting the gameplay of many players, and destroying the purpose and integrity of the war in cyrodil. That is reportable offense.
    Edited by demonlkojipub19_ESO on June 9, 2014 6:13PM
  • Huckdabuck
    Huckdabuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As with all things....Nerfing of nonOP abilities, All PvP exploits, PvE farming....this children is why we can't have nice things!
    Texashighelf - VR16 Sorcerer EP NA - FILTHY BARBARIAN
    Texasimperial - VR16 Dragonknight EP NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas'Imperial - VR16 Dragonknight DC NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas-Imperial - VR16 Templar DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Highelf - VR16 Sorcerer DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Imperial - VR16 Nightblade DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    It's a very grey area.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It takes two sides to make a coin.

Don't forget the EP that are chipping in on this. DRagging their faction through the mud with their actions.

I'd much rather crown an emperor that I fought tooth and nail to put on the throne and keep there. There's much more pride in it, especially when there's a concerted, organized resistance.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It takes two sides to make a coin.

Don't forget the EP that are chipping in on this. DRagging their faction through the mud with their actions.

I'd much rather crown an emperor that I fought tooth and nail to put on the throne and keep there. There's much more pride in it, especially when there's a concerted, organized resistance.

100% agreed - it's not any one individual or faction

fix the emperor title/mechanics - you fix the incentive for the emperor farmers exploit

fix the 'over siege weapon limit' mechanics - you fix the exploit of not being able to use siege - how about 1 siege weapon per player regardless of how many folks are in group - the 'spacing' needed to set down siege kind of limits how much you can/want to use anyhows?

D.
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

• Huckdabuck
    Huckdabuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could actually see the 1 per person limit as being really OMFG OP when it comes to zergs in the larger campaigns unless they had something along the lines of only 1 siege engine per 30-50m but then you run into the same "well 1 guys puts out 1 siege engine to stop you" routine.....imagine a 200 person zerg with 200 siege engines hitting a keep. OUCH
    Texashighelf - VR16 Sorcerer EP NA - FILTHY BARBARIAN
    Texasimperial - VR16 Dragonknight EP NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas'Imperial - VR16 Dragonknight DC NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas-Imperial - VR16 Templar DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Highelf - VR16 Sorcerer DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Imperial - VR16 Nightblade DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    It's a very grey area.
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First question Ill be asking fancy schmancy emperoros in upcoming campaigns"Are you a celarus "emperor"?"
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emperor flipping has been an issue since the game launched, and the only solution to the problem is that emperor buffs should be "free" when you obtain emperorship and then get removed all together when you loose the title. And it has to work retrospectively, too, so that all the exploiters will also feel the hammer.

For all I care, the "former emperor" titles can stay - I enjoy solo killing VR 12 characters with my VR 1 characters. I mean, gotta hurt when you get your arse whopped by a lowbie while you have the former emperor title/passives B)
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huckdabuck wrote: »
    I could actually see the 1 per person limit as being really OMFG OP when it comes to zergs in the larger campaigns unless they had something along the lines of only 1 siege engine per 30-50m but then you run into the same "well 1 guys puts out 1 siege engine to stop you" routine.....imagine a 200 person zerg with 200 siege engines hitting a keep. OUCH

yeah - agreed - you could ring a whole keep with a 200 man zerg and fully tear everything down in under a minute!

bad suggestion on my part

back to the drawing board

D.
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

• leewells
    leewells
    ✭✭✭
    @leewells‌
    and now people are complaining about the farm on that, even with absurd statements like "EP is in cahoots with AD!"

am going to repost a comment from another related thread and post a conversation from in game - we're allowed to post videos and screenshots from in game

no naming or shaming here - YOU read it, look at them and come to your own conclusions:

@Absinthe
    I went into Celarus last night to see it for myself. A couple of people in a guild that I am in were taking part. I join their group and have fun for a bit. Apparently voice coms are shared between all 3 factions so that keeps can be taken over more expediently. Whatever organization that was initially shown quickly gave way chaos.

4d4e38693c.jpg

maybe the 'absurd statements' aren't so absurd after all?

again, my beef isn't with the cheats and exploiters - they will always exist - this thread shows a problem in the game mechanics that needs to be addressed, offers several solutions through constructive discussion - i prefer we keep speculation and accusations of absurd comments out of it
    D.

So, one person is talking to the other side and now its a mass conspiracy? Pardon me while I don't follow the logic in that. My guild goes there to farm emp, we've crowned a few ourselves. We get a first place on the board, and we jump in a help. When they get emp, they leave and so do we. How in the heck is this any sort of conspiracy? Are you suggesting that because we choose to stop fighting to cycle the emperorship faster for our faction demands we must be talking and allying with other factions?
  • thelg
    thelg
    ✭✭✭
    Fixing mechanics while it should be done will not solve anything. The only way to deal with players and guilds like this is banning a lot of banning. Start doing a hundred "creative" players a day to start.

See how many do this in a week. When next broken mechanic is discovered it will give a long pause to those wanting to exploit it.

I remember in EQ hen Kunark came out in my guild there few guys who exploited few things and were but buddies with GMs to get top loot. One day. Accounts perma banned, guild disbanded. Problem solved. Guess how many of that guild did it again..

In DAOC there were people who exploited radar for years and never got banned. Fixing mechanics did not help there. All they will do is move to the next thing to use. Fix that and people will use outright hacks.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    thelg wrote: »
    Fixing mechanics while it should be done will not solve anything. The only way to deal with players and guilds like this is banning a lot of banning. Start doing a hundred "creative" players a day to start.

See how many do this in a week. When next broken mechanic is discovered it will give a long pause to those wanting to exploit it.

I remember in EQ hen Kunark came out in my guild there few guys who exploited few things and were but buddies with GMs to get top loot. One day. Accounts perma banned, guild disbanded. Problem solved. Guess how many of that guild did it again..

In DAOC there were people who exploited radar for years and never got banned. Fixing mechanics did not help there. All they will do is move to the next thing to use. Fix that and people will use outright hacks.

ZOS needs to be a lot more liberal with their use of the banhammer. Dragging this out any longer just chips away their credibility (if they had any left).
    Edited by Agrippa_Invisus on June 9, 2014 7:54PM
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ty - post/pic reviewed and error corrected

D.
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

• Citidel
    Citidel
    ✭✭✭
    The ability to remove siege that has been unused by anyone for X amount of time could be a decent fix to the "lets load up 20 fire-pots cause they are cheap and small". removal would destroy said item and "tax" the person that placed it and give the cleaner nothing but space to place another piece of siege.

Tax would be some arbitrary reduction of their standing AP, maybe firepots would be like -10,000 ap for each one from their home campaign or some lore friendly demotion\scolding for "wasting Alliance resources." who knows... balance, exploiting trolling would be abused there as well.

I know, taking something away from someone paying $15 a month is so terrible.
    Citidel
    Officer of The Noore
    Leader of the Water Cu

"Posts and comments are not necessarily the feelings of The Noore or Water Cu as I am my own person with my own opinions"
  • 1nugam1
    1nugam1
    ✭✭

ty - post/pic reviewed and error corrected

D.

Sadly doesn't fix leewells' quote of your old post apparently T_T .. oh well.
  • Beretic
    Beretic
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want to point any fingers...but Divine Reapers are known EP Emp farmers on that server. that are working with the other factions and doing such things. but on the EP side.
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the base problem here is that once someone gets emp in a 90 day campaign its nearly impossible to supplant them, so people are going to celarus to farm emp so they have a chance to get it, why not exclude emps from leaderboard AP......as in they still gain it as a currency, but it doesn't add to their score on the leaderboards, that way should they be dethroned someone working hard to gain ap could possibly supplant them? or as someone else said decrease the emp's ap gain so they can still be competetive but not guarantee'd to regain should keep control be re-established.
    Edited by Eivar on June 9, 2014 8:14PM
  • 1nugam1
    1nugam1
    ✭✭
    Beretic wrote: »
    I don't want to point any fingers...but Divine Reapers are known EP Emp farmers on that server. that are working with the other factions and doing such things. but on the EP side.

''I want to point fingers and feel it's necessary''

Sorry but I could not contain myself :p
This discussion has been closed.