Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Pathetic Celarus Emperor Farmers got shafted yesterday and now use new exploit - devs beware

Dleatherus
Dleatherus
✭✭✭✭✭
so good news first - due to there being some legitimate players on both AD and EP keeps were being defended on both sides and the emperor farmers were getting upset and livid - not one emperor farmer got crowned during the considerable length of time i was playing with my baby toon Stands in Puddles yesterday

(I want to make it clear that we're attacking, defending, pvp'ing not to thwart anything - Celarus is the chosen HOME campaign for many folks and we play and have fun as best we can - it's a temporary home emperor farm to others)

ty to the legitimate players on both sides

now the bad news - we all know the exploiting is going on - most of us accept it - there's little we can do other than try and play the game and pvp

whilst trying to defend a keep the emperor farmers just stand around and play grab ass farming in the AP whilst the rest of us defend - (ironically we are called AP leeches in zone - note them all just standing around with maps etc):

eda07d01ab.jpg

- many of us get tells like this:

519e90b2d8.jpg

d059e5ae60.jpg

still all good and fine - not even bothered by the childish and pathetic behaviour so far

you can tell from zone chat trolling that the emperor farmers are getting frustrated since those of us that they claim can't PvP are holding onto the last keep at chalman for FOUR HOURS

a whiles later we get to defending another keep that just went under attack - go to put down counter siege on the west wall where the attack is coming from and get the 'you are over siege weapon limit'

we look and not a single siege weapon in sight - so we take a run around the keep and lo and behold on the EAST side of the keep, in a tower the furthest away from the action - a sight fit for a romantic candlelit dinner:

218608efc5.jpg

note that they didn't have enough room to fit them all in so jumped down below and set a couple up outside the keep

so because their exploit of emperor farming isn't working, they employ a different exploit so that folks can't use siege whilst trying to defend a keep - am very curious as to what THEIR reaction would be if we came over to wabba and did this whilst THEY were trying to defend the last throne keep?

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler‌

please consider the following:

Former emperor titles and passives apply only for the length of the campaign that they were earned in, after that they reset

Siege weapon deployment should be limited to 1 or 2 per character OR that they insta decay if not used within a reasonable amount of time

ty

D.

EDIT: I WANT TO MAKE IT ABSOLUTELY CLEAR THAT I AM NOT IMPLICATING THAT INDIVIDUALS WHO'S NAMES APPEAR IN CHAT MESSAGES WERE INVOLVED IN THE CANDLELIGHT DINNER ARRANGEMENT

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Naming & Shaming]

[OP NOTE: images edited and replaced to comply]
Edited by Dleatherus on June 9, 2014 7:18PM
Stands in Puddles VR12 NB
Dleatherus VR10 Templar

Emperor Farmers, cheaters and exploiters - just like cockroaches in real life, Tamriel will never be rid of them
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Former emperor bonuses should be deleted and just become an achievement.

when all the former emperors start whining, they should be reminded that they got their bonuses and title in a horribad way and should start sucking their thumbs. They ruined the game for themselves.
    Edited by SwampRaider on June 9, 2014 2:09PM
    Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • Jade_Knightblazerb14_ESO
    I like this post!! Keep up the fight!

Do something about the name shaming tho. just ink out the names, that way the MOD won't delete the rightful Screen Shots.
    Edited by Jade_Knightblazerb14_ESO on June 9, 2014 2:13PM
  • Bloodvax
    Bloodvax
    ✭✭✭
    Thank god you posted screenies. Awesome job man!
    ASYLUM-PVP
    Bloodvax- Vet Templar underpowered crafter
    Molly Mesita-OP NB
    Lizerd Wizard-Lowbie PVP toon
    AOC Big Deal Emperor of the Forum Trolls
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    This does pose an issue if and when the new campaigns come out that are in fact shorter. the idea that you lose your passives after campaign end seems legit, but then you have to make sure you get those skill points back.
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This does pose an issue if and when the new campaigns come out that are in fact shorter. the idea that you lose your passives after campaign end seems legit, but then you have to make sure you get those skill points back.

i'd suggest that you get the passive skills when you become emperor for 'free' - that way when they get reset at the end of the campaign you don't get 'punished' by paying to respec due to redundant emperor passives

D.
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

Emperor Farmers, cheaters and exploiters - just like cockroaches in real life, Tamriel will never be rid of them
  • LilMcGinley
    LilMcGinley
    ✭✭
    This.. is beautiful..
  • Jade_Knightblazerb14_ESO
    I believe that would be the best course of action for Emperors to avoid issues as the OP has stated.

I will however say. Let a Title or Costume be a Permanent reward...

Hell better yet.. Change the Emote /sitchair into a visual upgrade. Character now sits upon a throne rather then a wooden chair :p
    Edited by Jade_Knightblazerb14_ESO on June 9, 2014 2:28PM
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe that would be the best course of action for Emperors to avoid issues as the OP has stated.

I will however say. Let a Title or Costume be a Permanent reward...

Hell better yet.. Change the Emote /sitchair into a visual upgrade. Character now sits upon a throne rather then a wooden chair :p

these days it would be more appropriate for the former emperor /sitchair emote to have them sitting on a toilet holding a farmer's pitchfork

and here's the rub - many folks got their title by earning it, and are unfairly getting thrown into the former emperor exploiter club by default

D.
    Edited by Dleatherus on June 9, 2014 2:32PM
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

• Nickhead420
    Nickhead420
    ✭✭
    @dleatherus I agree that it's a problem, but you need to change the pics with player names in them. It's against the rules. Do it quick before a mod comes in and shuts down the thread!
  • Tega_
    Tega_
    ✭✭✭
    i agree.... remove former emperor Bonus and the farming will stop.....
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck out there, Noore.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delete the names, but leave the screens.
    Gogo reporter Dleatherus!
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @dleatherus I agree that it's a problem, but you need to change the pics with player names in them. It's against the rules. Do it quick before a mod comes in and shuts down the thread!

i haven't named or shamed anybody, nor made false accusations - as i said in the OP i didn't even have a problem with the childish behavior of the emperor farmers in terms of their zone chat trolling and intimidation, nor their private messages

we are allowed to post videos and screenshots in the forums

the individuals in the screenshots shouldn't feel shamed - they are playing their $15/month worth of the game

the screenshots are to show the lead up to the siege weapon equipment

i want to make it absolutely clear that i am NOT implicating that the people who's names were in the chat messages are responsible for the candlelight dinner setting

D.
    Edited by Dleatherus on June 9, 2014 2:38PM
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

• Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kill all the emperors... à la Bastille! >:)
  • Bloodvax
    Bloodvax
    ✭✭✭
    Make the Emperor bonuses time based no skill point based. So the longer you have Emperor the more powerful you get. If you lose emperor you lose the skill line. Problem solved
    ASYLUM-PVP
    Bloodvax- Vet Templar underpowered crafter
    Molly Mesita-OP NB
    Lizerd Wizard-Lowbie PVP toon
    AOC Big Deal Emperor of the Forum Trolls
  • Adramelach
    Adramelach
    ✭✭✭
    That is really sad... I had no idea that kind of crap was going on, and it's just unreal. Former emperors should have no lasting bonuses or skill lines - why do they?
    What's the rationale? Why does it not simply remain as an achievement?

Besides, do you become emperor truly on your own? Or is it with the help of many, many friends, guildmates, and other unsung "heroes" that help win the battles and defend holdings, yet have no lasting benefits, as their own bonuses related to holdings and faction emperorship are removed instantly upon losing said things?

Man, what a broken system...
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About time it exploded...
    WTS pitchforks.
  • joshisanonymous
    joshisanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭
    What would be great is if a ton of people who don't play there decided to make it their guest server purely to defend center keeps at all times.
    Fedrals / EP / Dunmer Nightblade

• Hodorius
    Hodorius
    ✭✭✭
    Good thing you posted this!
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im already guest there, just never joined.
    Time to do my part! :D

Oh nevermind im DC :|

edit. blur out the names, or else the whole screen will be removed, it needs to stay there; just report the names directly to the DEVs.
    Edited by Gisgo on June 9, 2014 3:02PM
  • Hears_Bright_Colors
    Well done, OP.
    Agree on the removal of Former Emperor passives.
    Also kicking around the idea of (Former Emperor passive buffs) / (# Former Emperors in your faction). Although after seeing the way some have acted, I would not be surprised to see players griefing others in their faction for recapturing Emperor and diluting their passive buffs.
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simple solution:
    - Suspend 1 week all participants of that proceder.
    - Roll back their alliance ranks to 0 and let them start again play the game legit way.
    - Reve their Emperor skill line
    - Ban if they try again. Let them quit if dont like playing honest.

Every reasonable managed company should know that in long run punishing cheaters will cause less subs lost than allowing them continue.
    Edited by Gravord on June 9, 2014 3:38PM
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cant really suspend people for something that has yet to be officially acknowledged as an exploit by the DEVs.

What the DEVs can and should do is to remove the open door for this exploit asap.

What we can and should do is to stand up against this crap.
    Edited by Gisgo on June 9, 2014 3:44PM
  • thelg
    thelg
    ✭✭✭
    The only way to deal with this is mass suspensions and bans. No matter what you do people will find *** to exploit, you got to make them pay.
  • PikkonMG
    PikkonMG
    ✭✭✭
    I myself think that Emperor and Former Emperor should stay in the game but the way Emperor is obtained needs to be revisited, right now it can only reall be gotten by cheaters or people who have no life.

One thing I think that would be a good change is that if you make Emperor during a campaign cycle that after you get it and lose it that you should drop off the Emperor Leader Board and not be eligible again for Emperor till after the campaign resets.

I just feel the main issues is how Emperor is obtained and not Emperor and Former Emperor it's self.
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PikkonMG wrote: »
    I myself think that Emperor and Former Emperor should stay in the game but the way Emperor is obtained needs to be revisited

I agree.
    PikkonMG wrote: »
    right now it can only reall be gotten by cheaters or people who have no life.

But this is unfair, on EU AB we have emperors that actually fight.
    Not sure they do have a life but thats their problem.

Edited by Gisgo on June 9, 2014 4:39PM
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭
    IMO All alliance war skills/passives should only be usable or apply their benefit while in Cyrodiil, also the current/former Emporer passives should be campaign specific.
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bloodvax wrote: »
    Make the Emperor bonuses time based no skill point based. So the longer you have Emperor the more powerful you get. If you lose emperor you lose the skill line. Problem solved

this is one of the better solutions suggested so far

if there are 5 passives, let each one unlock in 24 hour increments

first 24 hours no passive bonus at all

at 24 hours of holding throne passive#1 kicks in
    48hrs - passive #2 kicks in etc

this gives a reason for the emperor to want to hold onto the throne for as long as possible, and for the 'enemy' to try and retake to stop him from growing stronger

you lose emperor, you lose passives, no 'ifs' 'and' or 'buts'

not perfect but one helluva step up from the current fiasco

D.
    Edited by Dleatherus on June 9, 2014 5:01PM
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

• Citidel
    Citidel
    ✭✭✭
    I will note: I am the person being replied to in the PM's and asked to stop siege.

I'll also note that at one point all the people reading maps and whatnot ended up in the far tower soaking up that sweet sweet defense AP, and not doing anything. I do commend them at not placing down oil pots again to max out our siege limit.

The person that did, the bolt mage, I have a screen shot of them doing it on the 2nd round. Then them bolting away when I called them out in /zone.

I'm guesting on Celerus as my home is on Skullcrusher and I have never seen this level of outright ignoring of PVP just for a stupid title and some bonuses for what 30 minutes? maybe 2hours? because they abdicate it after a bit leaving the Emp seat open.

I saw it happen the other night with EP, they got emp maybe took a scroll and tried to setup a farm for the next in line to push them past the "filth" or "unworthy" to get them emp next.

What happened to people holding emperor for more then a few hours in a basically uncontested PVP map?

How long has (and I hate to say this) Thorker been Emperor on Skullcrusher? 20 days? How long was DLeatherus Emperor? 15-20 days, LovBoard? 20days. They held their titles, and people defended it. Those are Emperors not Titles.

How long was the seat in Celerus open yesterday? 24hrs? The True Emperor is nobody apparently...

I was told in a private convo after possibly falsely accusing someone of completely turning my siege around the opposite direction during an attack that the plan was for this persons guild to get someone on the throne and then abdicate it not long after... I think that this "feature" should be removed or adjusted. Abdicating after 1\4-1\2 of the campaign is gone sure... after an hour? screw that, no title, no magical passives, no nothing for you.

Earn it.

I will Never be emperor, if I was I'd fight tooth and nail to hold on to it as long as I could to EARN it. Not get some "Former" title and be all happy with my passives for PVE...
    Citidel
    Officer of The Noore
    Leader of the Water Cu

"Posts and comments are not necessarily the feelings of The Noore or Water Cu as I am my own person with my own opinions"
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is just sad. The worst part isn't the exploiters (though they're bad enough), it's the exploiters harassing the people who are trying to play properly or actively countering THEIR OWN TEAMMATES by setting all those oilpots.

This needs to be fixed before the next round of campaigns start. Like others said, the siege weapons need to decay quickly or disappear altogether if not used for a decent amount of time.
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
This discussion has been closed.