The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Siphoning Strikes (and Morphs) Idea!

dragnier
dragnier
✭✭✭
I am aware this idea may get shot down six ways to Sunday by other players. Still, I think it is a good suggestion.

You could make all morphs of Siphoning Strikes like the other toggles in the game that take away from a max magicka pool, but for this skill use health.

While the skill is toggled on, it reduces the player's max health by 10%.

Either of these would trade survivability for more damage instead of lowering the damage you are trying to gain. In addition, lower surviviablity would counter the sustain built into the skill as well.

Sort of like a Berserk or Kamikaze type of trade off.

Or something similar to that anyway... instead of lowering the damage we do, just make it so we are easier to kill if we turn on the endless resource regen.

Can do more sustained dps vs. Dies more easily seems like a good counter balance to me. Much better than the current option of can attack forever but at dps levels anyone else can beat.
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭
    It doesnt provide any dmg. Atleast for weapon users. 22% Weapon and spell damage reduction is way to much and make all benefits of this skills worthless.
    Even when you able to spam skills non stop, you end up with lower dps while this skill is active.

It is only reliable for spamming high price utility spells like Siege shield on boss trials.
    Edited by killedbyping on June 9, 2014 5:56AM
  • azinod
    azinod
    Soul Shriven
    I don't think the current state of the skill is bad, but this is an interesting suggestion.

However I think there may be two paths to choose: the 'berserk' one and the 'survivability' one.

So Leeching Strikes could be left as it is now: allowing you to regen HP per hit and reducing your damage. This would be the sirvivability path.

While Siphoning Attacks would do what you said: get your HP reduced, but allow you to keep your DPS and a chance to recover resources by causing damage with skills.

But again, I think the current state of the skills are fine. So while this sounds interesting, it is not something really needed, and for sure should not be a priority over so many other things they need to look at.
  • dragnier
    dragnier
    ✭✭✭
    It doesnt provide any dmg. Atleast for weapon users. 22% Weapon and spell damage reduction is way to much and make all benefits of this skills worthless.
    Even when you able to spam skills non stop, you end up with lower dps while this skill is active.

It is only reliable for spamming high price utility spells like Siege shield on boss trials.

That is the whole point of this thread. In its current state, Siphoning Strikes and its morphs reduces our dps instead of increasing it like any other resource return skill does.

Equilibrium is a good example because it does what I'm suggesting by trading survivability for resources, just in a different way. But it also has a passive in the mage's guild line that makes the next spell cast after it have 10% increased spell power. That's an increase in dps from extra resources and the passive, not a drop.

Even Dark Exchange trades Stamina for Magicka and Health... wait, that doesn't have much of a drawback does it?
  • xaade
    xaade
    ✭✭✭
    dragnier wrote: »
    Even Dark Exchange trades Stamina for Magicka and Health... wait, that doesn't have much of a drawback does it?
    Overdo it and you can't block.
    Drawback.
  • Aoifesan
    Aoifesan
    ✭✭✭
    xaade wrote: »
    dragnier wrote: »
    Overdo it and you can't block.
    Drawback.

Says the guy standing at range with his staff. Your 3 in 10 drawback compares not to a 10 in 10 drawback. Get over yourself.