The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

DKs already bottom feeder in every role with no unique parts of their class anymore.

• JLB
    JLB
    ✭✭✭✭
    anakaki wrote: »
    So I tried DK on PTS. It's so OP it's laughable. If I can make it work how come ppl with 3 months experience can't? Sorry but, L2P.
    I did the same. Can only agree 100%.
    Jesus, how can some people have the nerve... PTS is open to anyone to test DKs out, you know that guys?
  • PikkonMG
    PikkonMG
    ✭✭✭
    Ok this post is so funny it's not even funny. So I test a DK on PST and was able to generally pull 700+ DPS sometime higher, which is why to me this is funny and the OP can cry more as on live my main is a V12 Templar and I struggle to pull 350+ DPS.
  • Tessitura
    Tessitura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the DK is the only one that is truly OP in Light Armor with Staff, then that means it is the common facter. If all the other classes are relitively balanced in these builds, then nerfing the armor and weapon would not fix the problem. I will break it down for you.

The armor skills are usable by all classes. Nerfing the armor because one class is OP in it does not fix the problem. Suddenly Light Armor becomes only viable to the one class the was op, because now it is the only one not under powered in the armor type. Same thing goes for the weapon. While I agree that Stamina based builds could stand to be given a little bit of work. Medium Armor could use a buff here or there. But as far as your complaints about not getting enough dps out of heavy.

Think with me for a sec on this, If the heavy armor had comparable dps and resource regen with the other armors, Then why would any one use the other armors. You would just recreate the same thing you are currently complaining about. ( Of coarse you might not be complaining about it then because if conforms to what you want to wear. ) The purpose of heavy is to be a tanky beefy armor type, not a dps armor type. Medium and Light are the dps armor types. That is why they get the resource regens and dps. Medium is for the stamina dps and support types. It could most certainly use some tweaking to get it on scale with magicka dps armor ( Light Armor ). Light is for magicka dps and support types. As far as I am concerned, it does not need to be tweaked. Instead, I think the stamina dps/support armor type (Medium) needs to be brought up to speed with the magicka one (Light).

Now, lets move on to the weapons. The Staffs are hardly OP, they have the lowest damage per hit of the weapons out side of One-hand/dual. The only real issue is that the fire staff can benefit from the DK's fire increasing passives and they can feed off each other.

One last address for those that will say. " But I want to play my way like they promised! " They never said that there will not be consequences for the way you choose to play. If you came into this game actually thinking you could go Heavy Armor and pump out the huge dps with out suffering some where for it. ( Like not being able to regen your resource very fast after you burn it. ) Then I feel sorry for. You will never find a play your way game that does not punish you in some way for certain chooses. Like ability ( A ) works well with ability ( B ) but not with ability ( C ). Good luck trying to come up with a system that as the whole alphabet working perfect in any combo and if you do good luck making it fun to play. Even EVE, one of the best play it your way games out there, punishes you ( Harshly ) for forcing ( A ) to work with ( C ).

• Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree DKs are worthless now.