The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

I thought we get a pre-made character to test?

t.claudio.usnub18_ESO
I downloaded the PTS to test out the changes and I was told we get a vet level pre-made character to test, but upon creation I didn't see any character, any help?
  • t.claudio.usnub18_ESO
    Nevermind I found it.
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    found it too
    Edited by LameoveR on June 5, 2014 2:07PM
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    have to create a character normally, but it'll then be equipped and armed and at vr rank 9 when you get in-game. You then get the fun job of distributing 130 or so skill points and 49 attribute points...
    Edited by AngryNord on June 5, 2014 2:13PM
  • dragnier
    dragnier
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, I found it... but I can't select my Alliance nor any race other than the Alliance it defaults to when I choose Craglorn. How am I supposed to re-crate my live character if I can't choose the right race?
    Edited by dragnier on June 5, 2014 6:09PM
  • sParkSnare
    sParkSnare
    ✭✭✭
    There's a small/indiscreet pull down menu on the top left part of the character creation screen.
  • dolmen
    dolmen
    ✭✭✭
    @dragnier - upper left of the character creation screen, there is a drop down there.
    The Sidekick Order
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dragnier wrote: »
    Ok, I found it... but I can't select my Alliance nor any race other than the Alliance it defaults to when I choose Craglorn. How am I supposed to re-crate my live character if I can't choose the right race?
    @dragnier‌

ZOS locked down the available races for the Craglorn template so we can get enough people into Craglorn to actually group up and play.

Now that the PTS is open to the public, that may not be needed anymore. But for now, it should drastically improve your chances to be able to group up.

If you're only interested in finding new things to do with your LIVE character (using a copy of it) you might want to rethink why you're here ...
    ;-)
  • dragnier
    dragnier
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    dragnier wrote: »
    @dragnier‌

ZOS locked down the available races for the Craglorn template so we can get enough people into Craglorn to actually group up and play.

Now that the PTS is open to the public, that may not be needed anymore. But for now, it should drastically improve your chances to be able to group up.

If you're only interested in finding new things to do with your LIVE character (using a copy of it) you might want to rethink why you're here ...
    ;-)

I'm here to test how their changes will affect me "playing the way I want to play". I can't do that if I can't re-create my live character. They don't even have to unlock the alliance, just allow me to create a character with a race outside of that alliance like I can on live.

I mean, I can't even test set bonuses with the changes because I would have to re-level the crafting skills necessary to do so, including research.

I honestly want to test how this stuff works and I'm going to make other characters that aren't what I play on live as well, but how are we supposed to test these things if they don't give us ALL of the options to test them.
    Edited by dragnier on June 5, 2014 6:35PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    These are the same templates we used for testing Craglorn and all the related content on the PTS before it went live. We're checking now to see if it's intended that the same templates carried over, or if we plan to adjust them for testing of this new content. Stay tuned...
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Azinurn
    Azinurn
    Now i understand that we get a vet 9 template to test craglorn stuff , but what about the other level ranges
    10+
    20+
    30+
    40+
    vet 1

i mean dungeon tests , after fixes , world bosses , quests that should be fixed exetera . or should i go and test them whit a vet 9 char that gives a totaly wrong feel for it ?

also noticed if you select a pre made template you can only use a race viable to that faction

fungal grotto template selected and trying to make a kahjit says not a viable faction or some other stuff.. ( only EB allowed ? )

and why cant i choose the faction whit a template char ???
    Edited by Azinurn on June 6, 2014 6:32AM
  • Gwarok
    Gwarok
    ✭✭✭
    Azinurn wrote: »

also noticed if you select a pre made template you can only use a race viable to that faction

fungal grotto template selected and trying to make a kahjit says not a viable faction or some other stuff.. ( only EB allowed ? )

and why cant i choose the faction whit a template char ???

ATM I believe we are (or were) limited to races that are aligned to Daggerfall Covenant. This might have changed since your post @Azinurn with this posting.
    "Strive for balance of all things. When the scales tip to one side or the other, someone or somethings gets short-changed. When someone gets short-changed, unpredictability and strife unbalance the world around us...To achieve freedom from greed, from want, and from strife, all parties in any exchange MUST find balance." -House Hlaalu's Philosophy of Trade

"I am ALWAYS very busy, so I KNOW what's best. You need to stay away from the waterfall. TRUST ME, you're better off keeping busy than playing in the stream....Do you know how to swim, Little Scrib?"

"I am but a simple farmer". -Rags'nar LodesBroke

#SKOOMA!

(Juliet):
    ...it is nor hand, nor foot,
    Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
    Belonging to a man.
    O, be some other name!
    What's in a name?
    That which we call a rose?
    By any other name would smell as sweet.
    Retain that dear perfection to which he owes...
    (Act II, Scene II -William Shakespeare's: Romeo & Juliet -1595 A.D.)

• BrierTOG
    BrierTOG
    ✭✭✭
    Well you can create at the moment 3 type a lvl 12 ep, a v12 dc and any lvl 1 which can be all races i think, not sure for all as i did preorder.
  • Gwarok
    Gwarok
    ✭✭✭
    BrierTOG wrote: »
    Well you can create at the moment 3 type a lvl 12 ep, a v12 dc and any lvl 1 which can be all races i think, [not sure for all as i did preorder].

Ohhhhhh o'kay :s then that might actually explain why this topic also is having problems and tied to that "bug problem" concerning character deletion.
    Edited by Gwarok on June 7, 2014 10:43PM
    "Strive for balance of all things. When the scales tip to one side or the other, someone or somethings gets short-changed. When someone gets short-changed, unpredictability and strife unbalance the world around us...To achieve freedom from greed, from want, and from strife, all parties in any exchange MUST find balance." -House Hlaalu's Philosophy of Trade

"I am ALWAYS very busy, so I KNOW what's best. You need to stay away from the waterfall. TRUST ME, you're better off keeping busy than playing in the stream....Do you know how to swim, Little Scrib?"

"I am but a simple farmer". -Rags'nar LodesBroke

#SKOOMA!

(Juliet):
    ...it is nor hand, nor foot,
    Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
    Belonging to a man.
    O, be some other name!
    What's in a name?
    That which we call a rose?
    By any other name would smell as sweet.
    Retain that dear perfection to which he owes...
    (Act II, Scene II -William Shakespeare's: Romeo & Juliet -1595 A.D.)

• MrBeatDown
    MrBeatDown
    ✭✭✭✭
    These are the same templates we used for testing Craglorn and all the related content on the PTS before it went live. We're checking now to see if it's intended that the same templates carried over, or if we plan to adjust them for testing of this new content. Stay tuned...

So basically your admitting that you guys did not PROPERLY test what is already live and going. So you have no way of knowing what your doing by trying to balance characters. How can you balance something if you cannot re create it? How can we the player test out builds to look for discrepancies or exploits/bugs/glitches ETC ETC ETC if we are not able to use our toons that we have now?

YOU CANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And if you can, then why wont you let us? If we are supposed to use the test realm to test, Why is our testing so limited?
    Edited by MrBeatDown on June 7, 2014 11:15PM
  • Skirmish840
    Skirmish840
    ✭✭✭
    Um.... Aren't we the testers :o Who humbly give our feedback.

I don't want to appear to be a FB, I hate them, but really I figure the QA have their hands full already, they prolly don't have time to test something that shouldn't really be broken, IMHO it should have just worked and I bet that's what ZOS thought too..
  • Fyrakin
    Fyrakin
    ✭✭✭
    My feedback would be extremely inaccurate if I used premade templates on PTS (they don't crafting skills, materials, limited skillpoint availability, explored wayshrines, etc.). I don't plan to spend more than an hour on PTS during a week, so leveling a fresh character would't make it possible.
    There is QA team for testing, if they used same templates to test anything in this environment then we have a big problem (I hope its not the case).
    If anyone wants to pay a subsribtion for being able to test on PTS it's their choice, I want this game to be bugfree as anyone else, but I literally don't want to play this game on PTS. If you want us to give you accurate feedback give us means for doing so - character copy would be best way. I know other games had character builders for that, but they were not as accurate as copies. There are a few titles that have live character copy to test environment feature and based on my experience with them I can assure its very convenient and reliable way to gather player feedback.
    NA Megaserver (810) - Fyrakin, Loremaster Fyrakin, Cartographer Fyrakin, Taskmaster Tobin, Zergas, Texa, Furnacius, Hextex
    EU Megaserver (167) - Fyrakin
    MiniMap author