The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Requesting Login

DontBeAfraid
DontBeAfraid
✭✭✭
hey,
i just logged out a while ago (after playing for like 5hours) and now i cannot login anymore. i didnt change anything on my computer - not hardware- not software-wise.

always shows me the "requesting login.." and after a while it goes to "login timeout - try again!"
well.. i tried again :D about 20 times. no change.
i used the repair function
restarted my pc
checked firewall settings (software+hardware) - even made another exception for eso
tried my spare rooter
checked any other online services (skype - ts - league of legends client - icq - various browser) --> everything works fine, just but eso
various antivir tool runs -> PC was and is clean.

so.. any other suggestions what i can do? anyone? :-)
Edited by DontBeAfraid on June 3, 2014 11:37PM
Marlic - Dragonknight - VR12 - Aldmeri Dominion - PvP Rank 29 - Ex-Emperor on Dawnbreaker - EU

• Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you have the test or alternate megaserver installed?
    Options
  • Aenima_pt
    Aenima_pt
    ✭✭✭

Welcome to the club of players in Elder Scrolls Offline.

Same happened to me today and still cant login in the game.
    Edited by Aenima_pt on June 3, 2014 11:38PM
    Options
  • DontBeAfraid
    DontBeAfraid
    ✭✭✭
    Sihnfahl wrote: »
    Do you have the test or alternate megaserver installed?
    no i dont..

Edited by DontBeAfraid on June 3, 2014 11:43PM
    Marlic - Dragonknight - VR12 - Aldmeri Dominion - PvP Rank 29 - Ex-Emperor on Dawnbreaker - EU

Options
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try it. If you can log into them, the problem is most likely with the megaserver...
    Options
  • Skychild
    Skychild
    Soul Shriven
    Same problem just now.
    Options
  • Aenima_pt
    Aenima_pt
    ✭✭✭
    Try it. If you can log into them, the problem is most likely with the megaserver...
    The problem is in the server and it afects random accounts.

Some user told he can login in US server but in EU server gets the Login Time out (or vice versa)

Also other user having the same problem told his friend to try login in his account using his computer. His friend also got the login time out/ 301 error, but in his own account he can login no problem.
    Options
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aenima_pt wrote: »
    The problem is in the server and it afects random accounts.
    I'm one of the people it affected and was 'cured' by a server reboot following maintenance.

However, it's not the only possible cause. Hence, the question about the megaserver connection. Plus, if it works in the testing server, they can at least try patch 1.2 while ZOS figures out how to handle the megaserver-specific corruption.
    Options
  • Skychild
    Skychild
    Soul Shriven
    Yeh so I was questing then the game crashed and I submitted error report now I just get login time out. I was able to test this on two different connections and I still get the error.
    Edited by Skychild on June 4, 2014 12:44AM
    Options
  • DontBeAfraid
    DontBeAfraid
    ✭✭✭
    well so basicly all i can do is wait until next server maintenance?
    lol this is in 3 days.

and i guess i wont get any refund of the lost gametime, right?
    gosh i love eso :disappointed:

Options
  • Skychild
    Skychild
    Soul Shriven
    Wow looks like I'll be waiting it out too. Just when I had a few days off work. I filed yet another ticket. Ah well back to the ps4.
    Options
  • DontBeAfraid
    DontBeAfraid
    ✭✭✭
    well thats not really acceptable..

Options
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, no compensation. After all, you can probably still access the test realm and other megaserver. So you can still play ... just not on that megaserver.
    Options
  • DontBeAfraid
    DontBeAfraid
    ✭✭✭
    or just not with all my characters, yay!

Options
  • fancyleggs
    fancyleggs
    ✭✭
    i cant play at all, if my internet goes out when it shouldnt i get a refund for the time it was out, same with my power. YOU ARE paying for a service, that service has been interrupted on the providers side, now you are entitled to a pro rated refund for the down time, if everyone asserted their power as consumers this *** would stop happening everywhere - zenimax is not ur friend, you dont have to be nice to them, you dont have to accept anything other than what you have agreed to in the ULA, was incompetence covered in a paragraph i didnt see?
    Edited by fancyleggs on June 4, 2014 3:08AM
    Options
  • megatoesmalo
    megatoesmalo
    Soul Shriven
    Had this same issue. Shut my game down for a solid day. Finally get back in and now cant get into VR1 quest zones because the main quest is bugged. Known issue.

I am starting to think that Zenimax is the smartest MMO developers in the world. Who else can get paying customers to beta test their game?
    Options
  • Dodece
    Dodece
    ✭✭✭
    @megatoesmalo

Sony Online Entertainment for starters. I actually saw them openly admit that they were charging customers to beta test a product. They entirely redesigned a game in less then half a year. Thrust it on established customers, and told them they should be thrilled for the opportunity to pay for a beta product. You know right after they annihilated all their existing characters. Needless to say most of their customers didn't tolerate the behavior, but a small percentage of them actually did.

I have never understood what could compel anyone to forgive such blatantly bad behavior, but there are some people like that. They just can't look past what something can be, and accept what something actually happens to be.
    Options
  • megatoesmalo
    megatoesmalo
    Soul Shriven
    Well if nothing will get Zenimax off their collective arses faster it will be a comparison with SOE... My very first MMO was Matrix Online.. It was beautiful... And then SOE came in.... 'Nuff said
    Options
  • shawnglass1_ESO
    shawnglass1_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Yea same issue started with me today - logged out last night normally and today was stuck with log in time out/error 301. Tried all the 'fixes' and nothing. However, I am able to log into the test server and EU server. My ticket explained it was a known issue, so I am paying to not have access to a game that is a problem server side with Zenimax. This was the final straw that caused me to cancel my account. Wont be able to play until the server reset Thursday so I ordered Wildstar to give it a try.
    Options
  • msaroma
    msaroma
    Soul Shriven
    I sent in a ticket today clearly explaining that it isn't a computer issue because I logged into one of my accounts with no problem, yet the other one is an error 301 on the SAME computer. Actually on 3 different computers. They sent me a 2 page long email on how to fix my computer of this error issue. Do they not read the ticket before sending out a form email on how to fix this? I am so annoyed right now I will cancel both my accounts if it isn't fixed soon.
    Options
  • DontBeAfraid
    DontBeAfraid
    ✭✭✭
    and still nothing happens.. 10 hours no chance to login already :S

Options
  • DontBeAfraid
    DontBeAfraid
    ✭✭✭
    No, no compensation. After all, you can probably still access the test realm and other megaserver. So you can still play ... just not on that megaserver.

downloaded the testserver client -- oh what wonder - it works.
    tried eu megaserver client again - doesnt work ......

Options
  • Aenima_pt
    Aenima_pt
    ✭✭✭
    Received 2 e-mails with "solutions", all failed to get me in the game... 24h Offline and counting. -_-
    Options
  • Falmer
    Falmer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would this error be able to cause a system reboot of your computer?

Just now when trying to login my computer auto reboots. Tried 5 times now and reboots always happens about the same time when trying to login.
    Options
  • DontBeAfraid
    DontBeAfraid
    ✭✭✭
    Aenima_pt wrote: »
    Received 2 e-mails with "solutions", all failed to get me in the game... 24h Offline and counting. -_-

at least your ticket doesnt get ignored - like mine.

Options
  • Mud_Puppy
    Mud_Puppy
    ✭✭✭
    This is whats happening to me. Emergency maintence needed.
    /kill
    Options
  • Beesting
    Beesting
    ✭✭✭✭
    Me too. I dont want to wait for days for EU server reboot, it should be rebooted every day judging on the amount of people not able to login.
    Beesting, Bosmer Magica DK, AD EU, crafter
    Slager, Dunmer Magica DK, DC EU, pvp
    Farmer, Dunmer Magica DK, AD EU, trials build

Every major patch looks like the end of the world but somehow i just cannot stop playing.
    Options
  • DontBeAfraid
    DontBeAfraid
    ✭✭✭
    im not even mad about the bugs and problems. its the ignorance of zenimax about this .- about not giving information, ignoring tickets, no refund of lost gametime etc - what really makes me angry.

such a high potential game with this fail provider.. very sad.

Options
  • DontBeAfraid
    DontBeAfraid
    ✭✭✭
    40hours of login timeout including an totally ignored ticket :-)
    Edited by DontBeAfraid on June 5, 2014 6:58AM

Options
  • Heinzy
    Heinzy
    ✭✭
    what is their official stance on this issue... people are not able to play the game. this is pretty serious... I need to go cancel my sub, no way I'm resubing to a log in screen
    Options
  • DontBeAfraid
    DontBeAfraid
    ✭✭✭
    working again - but this is NOT ACCEPTABLE.
    i lost 3 days PAYED gametime and still my 2 support tickets are getting IGNORED:

well, congratz zenimax. in 3 days (after my sub autocancels) u lost another customer.

keep failing - keep ignoring - keep lie'ing - and u will get rid of these costumers u have too many of apparently
    Edited by DontBeAfraid on June 6, 2014 11:53AM

Options