The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are we learning yet?

• Kililin
    Kililin
    ✭✭✭✭
    smokes wrote: »
    Kraven wrote: »
    You're wrong and you miss your guess. 50+ and ++ content was in and planned since midway through last year. Long before launch before mass numbers reached max level.

i dispute this.

cyrodiil was intended as endgame until craglorn launched - if it was planned to add the other factions storylines as VR+ and VR++ content:

why were the mobs in cyrodiil all level 50
    why were all the cyrodiil delves level 50
    why were all the node spawns in cyrodiil ebony and not VR crafting materials
    why were all the provisoning materials in crates and barrels in VR+ and VR++ areas, the level of their respective low level counterparts.

players asked for the additional areas as sideways character development in beta, for all the skyshards, lore, loot and world to explore - zenimax obliged. even the explanation given by cadwell is a bit shaky as it was never originally planned, it was a late implementation.

honestly, i think they need to remove VR experience from VR+ and VR++ content, roll back VR12 to VR2, make level 50 an actual level and then set craglorn as level 50-VR2. i'd also like to see a UI toggle for VR+ and VR++ difficulty, which scales up the quest rewards depending on difficulty, green for easy, blue for medium, purple for hard and make the mob level scale to player level (if possible)

the current VR+ and VR++ level grind is what is making farming anomalies so appealing, it's done a grand job of killing off the playerbase so far and needs changing asap. which is also why craglorn was available from VR1 as a lifeline to those close to quitting from the VR grind. which from the number of low VR players i've seen at the anomalies, is many.

get that sorted, then we can really start talking about craglorn difficulty (as many more players will have trials available)- but from the sounds of this thread, we're gonna need a variety of instance difficulty levels and loot representative of that difficulty.

Even the skill points make more sense without VR areas, at 50 you have to think about your build.

@VR12 with all Skillpoint Quests and Skyshards, the only thing you think about is how to fit a tank spec to complement your healer and dps spec :expressionless:
    So there are obviously to much of them and you don't care about getting another one or not in endgame.

With the original design one would have been very eager to earn some more points, so they could have been used as a motivator.
  • silent88b14_ESO
    silent88b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I believe difficulty setting could be approached the same way we approach AI.

I don't think the level of the group leader will be found adequate as a metric, though it would be better than nothing.

A group-leader selectable difficulty would probably be the most elegant/cost efficient solution, but approaching it using the methods of artificial intelligence factoring group composition, levels, and gear seems to me a promising path toward resolution.
    Edited by silent88b14_ESO on June 6, 2014 12:08PM
    Behold the great Oak. Just a little nut who stood his ground.
  • silent88b14_ESO
    silent88b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Makkir wrote: »
    Have any of the devs actually tried playing Wildstar? It's like a Sonic the Hedgehog MMO...I wouldn't be worried.
    I agree with your evaluation of that game but haven't played it. What worries me is that most of the active players in my guild are over there and they tell me on teamspeak they enjoy it. We'll see how long that lasts, but meanwhile over here I feel we should be doing our utmost to provide solid meaty feedback and make use of the public test server in earnest whenever we find a sensible opportunity. Sure it will slow down advancement on Live, but there is much that needs testing before ESO fulfills its potential.

• Voodoo
    Voodoo
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...to sum this thread up real quick, and to answer ZOS_GinaBruno's question. Ask yourselves this and be honest..." has Craglorn lived up to ZOS description of what that zone is meant for"?

I have not set foot inside this zone yet, hell not even V rank yet...but I could probably come close to having a good guess of what the majority of this would say.

It's a simple question: Did ZOS deliver what they themselves described the zone to be intended for? Group wise? Level wise? Time wise?
  • Tobiz
    Tobiz
    ✭✭✭
    This thread if full of win. If it is actually acted upon.

I have been to Craglorn. Our guild put together a 4 man squad do start quest content. As a Veteran rank 2 tank I thought this was very exiting.
    I do not min-max. Im a stubborn donkey trying to make dual wield dps count, and fail over and over against groups of three mobs in veteran (not craglorn) content.
    What I refuese to adapt to is the stupid Gandalf-mode for Light armor and staff.
    I tank in heavy, with a shield.

Our guild struggle in Veteran dungeons, but we learn, adapt and win.
    Craglorn has been an entertaining, but not challenging so far, not like veteran dungeons.

What is not entertaining is the zerg at the open world bosses, being farmed by all to rank 12 making us that dont like zerging look dumb.
    I refuse this as well, I rather struggle and die against my groups of three mobs in Grahtwood in order to feel a sense of achievment that is harder and harder to find.

oh btw
    There is some warewolf boss in some dungeon that can be farmed for xp by killing his adds that for some reason reward xp and glitching the boss to reset. rince repeat. I told my group to stop ****ing around and do the content proper.

edit: challenging is a better word i think
    Edited by Tobiz on June 7, 2014 9:39AM
    Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.
  • Dubah
    Dubah
    ✭✭✭
    Ignore this, it's not worth my time typing... Just look up the word in miriam webster... good try tho silent
    Edited by Dubah on June 8, 2014 2:40PM
  • Kraven
    Kraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People were/are excited for ESO because it stands on the cusp, it has the ability to be different than the other MMOs around. ZOS HAS to decide which direction they're going to take with it and quit trying to remain pc & neutral. @ZOS_PaulSage‌ and the rest need to pick a course, and pick a player base because you CAN NOT please everyone. Trying to do so has caused the current state.

If your target audience is casual, so be it. If your target audience is PvP, so be it. If the target is hardcore, so be it. Currently each group is being let down. Casuals are dissatisfied with difficulty in + & ++. PvPers are dissatisfied with the state of campaigns and lag associated with it. Hardcore are dissatisfied with a lack of group+ challenge. A large portion of each group is dissatisfied with the state of Craglorn. With PvP being a likely exception since many just wanted to grind from V1 - V12 for the advantage that gives in Cyrodiil.
    Do you believe that making any encounter challenging for the top players and suicide for anyone not in that elite cadre is appropriate in a multiplayer game?

Even though you've failed to provide any substance to the subject I'll answer your question.

Absolutely.
    If as a guild we can't kill a raid boss then we improve and grow until we can kill it. If another guild can't kill it and demand the game be brought down to their level rather than raising themselves up to the level of the challenge then there is plenty of easier content for them.

Whether you want to call them top players or elite or whether or not I'm among those doing it successfully does not detract from it providing a reason to improve.

1. It needs to be content that can't be exploited and worked around.
    2. It needs to reward success not "how fast can we fly through".

Guilds exist in previous games that made their name off of being the top of the list. Best of the best raiders, other players aspire to join the ranks of a few top notch guilds. You can start off today as a scrub but with playing well you can earn a place on one of these rosters. If players didn't want some form of difficulty then Dark Souls would not have been so popular.

Rising up, improving and meeting a challenge set before you is rewarding and enjoyable for a large number of people. Having things easy mode and handed down is enjoyable for others, however the ones who like the challenge and the feeling of meeting the challenge are the ones that stick around longer. Difficulty in multi-group settings breeds camaraderie and bonding as a social group. This bonding is what sustains games in the long run. People continue to play games long after they would have quit because of the group of friends they have with in that game.

We need rewarding content. If everyone could get $1m for walking a mile down the road, and they could do it once a day, money becomes absolutely pointless and meaningless because everyone is doing it once per day. Millions become pocket change because there was no earning it, there is no value. If instead everyone was offered that same prize + a $20 trophy for climbing Everest, the towns around the base of Everest would have a booming economy hundreds of thousands would attempt to climb it. If 2% succeeded that trophy would have value, and the others would continue to try. It's an obtainable goal to reach with a substantial reward that carries actual value.

Too many people want to say " I pay a sub, hand me everything!" then turn around with "Oh, I'm done I have everything."

Edited by Kraven on June 9, 2014 4:06PM
    V14 - IMPERIAL NIGHTBLADE - DPS/TANK
    V13 - BRETON SORCERER - HEALS/DPS
    V2 - REDGUARD DRAGONKNIGHT - MELEE DPS
    V1 - BRETON TEMPLAR - TANK/DPS

to be continued... Nevermind, no longer "to be continued"
  • silent88b14_ESO
    silent88b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Dubah wrote: »
    Ignore this, it's not worth my time typing... Just look up the word in miriam webster... good try tho silent
    You really should get an education if you couldn't even read the definition. Ad hominem attacks can take the form of overtly attacking somebody, or more subtly casting doubt on their character or personal attributes as a way to discredit what they say.

Ad hominem is a logical fallacy. It almost always informs the reader that the party making the ad hominem can't defend his own argument so he has to resort to trying to discredit the one he cannot defeat otherwise.

Edited by silent88b14_ESO on June 11, 2014 2:02AM
  • silent88b14_ESO
    silent88b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    People were/are excited for ESO because it stands on the cusp, it has the ability to be different than the other MMOs around. ZOS HAS to decide which direction they're going to take with it and quit trying to remain pc & neutral. @ZOS_PaulSage‌ and the rest need to pick a course, and pick a player base because you CAN NOT please everyone. Trying to do so has caused the current state.

If your target audience is casual, so be it. If your target audience is PvP, so be it. If the target is hardcore, so be it. Currently each group is being let down. Casuals are dissatisfied with difficulty in + & ++. PvPers are dissatisfied with the state of campaigns and lag associated with it. Hardcore are dissatisfied with a lack of group+ challenge. A large portion of each group is dissatisfied with the state of Craglorn. With PvP being a likely exception since many just wanted to grind from V1 - V12 for the advantage that gives in Cyrodiil.
    Given a big enough team and enough design talent actually they could please the greater number of us than the 20% or so that you represent.

I very much doubt the hardcore will be with this game very long. The casuals will be left with what may seem wonderful to you now, but is a complete mess to others. Many others.
    Too many people want to say " I pay a sub, hand me everything!" then turn around with "Oh, I'm done I have everything."
    One person like that would be too many, and I don't doubt there are some, but just because other people think and prefer differently than you do doesn't mean they are inferior to you. It just means they are different from you. Some are introverts. Some are analytical. Some are gregarious. And some are achievers. All people are different. Few are the same. And 20% of the playerbase is inadequate to provide enough of a return to cover the initial investment. So really, if you actually do desire what is best for the game, encourage Zenimax to try and provide content for those who are different from you as well, because without the rest of us you won't have a game to play very long.

Zenimax doesn't need to make everything only enjoyable to your type of player. They can craft content for the other types as well, given time. You achievers rushed the job so they had to serve you first.
  • silent88b14_ESO
    silent88b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Tell you something else. If this game flops you won't see many more AAA titles built for the PC, at least in a very long time. WoW looks like a fluke that happened to be ascendant just as the PC became commonly available. No other AAA title has been profitable enough for investors to risk big bucks. If this one doesn't make it... it will be slim pickings on the PC as a MMO game platform.

This is why your 'Absolutely.' up there is in error. You're gonna kill the goose that laid the golden egg. Philosophically I could grant you some significant credit for your point, which is valid from your point of view. It is simply too narrow to be a viable solution for a game as expensive as this one is.

Now I've run out of time to play tonight. I work all day. Only get a few hours to play at night. Therefore I am a 'casual'.
    Edited by silent88b14_ESO on June 11, 2014 2:10AM
  • Kraven
    Kraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @silent88b14_ESO‌, You're an idiot. I tried to give the benefit of the doubt and think maybe you just completely misunderstood, but no you're an idiot. NO ONE said they represented 100% of the player base. No one said anyone else was inferior or that their view on the subject didn't matter, except for you. Once again you can't even comment on the subject at hand. It's a simple subject. A straight forward question was asked:

"let us know what you feel is too easy in Craglorn? "

Yet you can't even answer that. News flash "what you feel" is asking for our personal opinions on the content in question. You can't even get your incoherent ramblings into a single post so you continue to post 3-4 in a row and not address anything relevant at all.

You quote one person and show that you are at best a hypocrite. Then quote me and go off on a tangent that has nothing to do with anything I said.

I think perhaps you lack the capacity to comprehend. Add to that the simple fact you think:
    If this game flops you won't see many more AAA titles built for the PC, at least in a very long time. WoW looks like a fluke that happened to be ascendant just as the PC became commonly available. No other AAA title has been profitable enough for investors to risk big bucks. If this one doesn't make it... it will be slim pickings on the PC as a MMO game platform.
    Self inflicted ignorance. Willfully choosing to ignore facts in favor of your own opinion that you choose to ramble out with some false sense of moral high ground.

To clarify, you're an idiot. I can't just say you're ignorant because there is a remedy to ignorance. By choosing to remain ignorant of any relevant facts, you're an idiot. By choosing to insert your own voice randomly off subject shouting "look at me! look at me!" you're an idiot. By the simple inability to answer any one of the very simple very direct questions put forth, you're an idiot. By making statements like:
    You really should get an education if you couldn't even read the definition....can't defend his own argument so he has to resort to trying to discredit the one he cannot defeat otherwise.

Given a big enough team and enough design talent actually they could please the greater number of us than the 20% or so that you represent....

I very much doubt the hardcore will be with this game very long....
    Zenimax doesn't need to make everything only enjoyable to your type of player.

Reiterates that you're a hypocritical presumptuous idiot. So good luck with that moving forward.

It appears I may have fallen for feeding another troll, but this one wasn't even entertaining.

• silent88b14_ESO
    silent88b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @silent88b14_ESO‌, You're an idiot, but no you're an idiot. No one said anyone else was inferior or that their view on the subject didn't matter ...To clarify, you're an idiot. By choosing to remain ignorant of any relevant facts, you're an idiot... you're an idiot... you're an idiot. .. you're a hypocritical presumptuous idiot...
    Won't you tell us how you really feel, Kraven?

Ad hominem. You cannot successfully overturn truth so you resort to ad hominem.

• Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makkir wrote: »
    Have any of the devs actually tried playing Wildstar? It's like a Sonic the Hedgehog MMO...I wouldn't be worried.
    I agree with your evaluation of that game but haven't played it. What worries me is that most of the active players in my guild are over there and they tell me on teamspeak they enjoy it. We'll see how long that lasts, but meanwhile over here I feel we should be doing our utmost to provide solid meaty feedback and make use of the public test server in earnest whenever we find a sensible opportunity. Sure it will slow down advancement on Live, but there is much that needs testing before ESO fulfills its potential.

Have these guildmates hit puberty yet?
    They'll be back. I played through the Beta of Wild Star, not only is it annoyingly cartoonish but it's going to be plagued with elitist (Kid versions) since it's focus is on hard core raiding.
  • silent88b14_ESO
    silent88b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @Makkir I'd say most are in their 30s. I'd much rather they did come back, but we'll see. I took one look and that was it for me. No interest whatsoever beyond the fact that my buddies are there. I'll just stick here until at least November. maybe Zen will figure things out by the numbers, maybe they won't. Plus I have a couple of alphas and betas coming up. Plus there's those Kickstarter titles approaching readiness. ESO has me for a little while. There is so much promise it would be a shame to lose the title.
    Edited by silent88b14_ESO on June 11, 2014 6:22PM
  • Kraven
    Kraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ad hominem. You cannot successfully overturn truth so you resort to ad hominem.

FYI: Ad hominem is an adjective. Just for future reference if you're going to use a word you don't understand you should make sure you are using it correctly.

I'd ask which "truth" you refer to but I'm done playing. Since you've yet to make any valid point at all. You've returned yet again to not provide any substance to the question at hand. Choosing instead to argue ad hominem with contributing members of the conversation who actually make valid points. See what I did there?

Doesn't matter if other people agree or not, differing opinions are valid, if they're relevant to the subject at hand.

What do you think of Craglorn @silent88b14_ESO‌ ?
    "In my personal opinion dogs with four legs run faster than toddlers."
    Is that so?
    "Yes, see it's a metaphor for the philosophical view that people don't always agree."
    Ahhh..
    "Of course you can't argue with me! ad hominem, ad hominem!! Toddlers are certainly slower! It's raining water from the sky right now.

Just to reiterate: You're an idiot. lol
    Edited by Kraven on June 11, 2014 6:33PM

• Chryos
    Chryos
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not one of the ones leaving, jus' throwing that there. I'm jus' playin the game, still enjoying it.
    If I am going to quote someone, it's going to be me.
  • silent88b14_ESO
    silent88b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Just to reiterate: You're an idiot. lol
    Thanks for reinforcing everyone's opinion of you, Kraven. You seemed fairly bright before. Have you been drinking or what?
    Edited by silent88b14_ESO on June 11, 2014 6:45PM
  • silent88b14_ESO
    silent88b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Chryos wrote: »
    I'm not one of the ones leaving, jus' throwing that there. I'm jus' playin the game, still enjoying it.
    I'll be around, at least until my 180 day sub runs out in November. Not sure yet after that.

• Veshal
    Veshal
    ✭✭✭
    The game at this point needs more exclusive end game content. Another difficulty to dungeons, trails, and definitely some sort of endgame currency for a crafting material (s) or armor and weapons.

I'd be perfectly satisfied with another difficulty level and scaling gear for it. If this were to happen PLEASE REQUIRE THE HIGHEST VR RANK AND NO LOWER. Craglorn was ruined IMO with the VR1's running around.
    Veshal of Elderblade
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no problem with the difficulty of content. There's balance issues. Classes, skills, attributes are heavily imbalanced. It's not the differnence in player skill, but character build that determines the difficulty of content. On top of this, content can be marginalized by just 'zerging' it or by exploiting known imbalances - to some extent bugs, even.

Discussing the game's difficulty is utterly pointless unless those problems are solved.
    Edited by Nazon_Katts on June 12, 2014 1:15PM
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • silent88b14_ESO
    silent88b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Well there are necessarily differences in player skill. That is natural and unavoidable where it is humans who are players instead of mechanical equalizers. However in a multiplayer environment the average difficulty of regular encounters should not be tuned to the most skillful, but to the average skill. This is because content generally should be accessible to all but the very worst customers. It should be less challenging for the top tier players and more challenging to the average players and nearly impossible for the weakest players, but all should be able to partake or else it is a largely wasted encounter. Should there be epic difficult content? I think probably there should be because the 20% who would dedicate themselves to mastering that content is indeed a big chunlk of the playerbase. But should an entire zone cater only to the top tier? Arguably no but arguably yes. Where players are slamming through the normal content faster than the bulk of the population they will rn out of challenging content where there is scant reward for playing. They should be taken care of first since they are indeed good customers. But they are still only 20% of the customer base and the other 80% will need to be able to have a reason to be in the game as well.
  • silent88b14_ESO
    silent88b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    There's no problem with the difficulty of content.
    For you there are no problems with difficulty. Others assure us (and I am one of those) that for people who are not you there is a problem with difficulty. Ability differs between people. Equality only goes so far.
    There's balance issues. Classes, skills, attributes are heavily imbalanced.
    No argument from me there: there certainly is a serious difference in product depending on character class and build.
    It's not the differnence in player skill, but character build that determines the difficulty of content.
    I disagree, though what you are suggesting seems partly true IMV. Individual players do have demonstrably different abilities and skills. Some, like me, are getting old and we aren't as nimble and alert as we once were. Others have other challenges. But you are certainly right that if the class skills were congruent rather than all over the half acre it would be much easier to achieve balance.
    On top of this, content can be marginalized by just 'zerging' it or by exploiting known imbalances - to some extent bugs, even.
    Indeed, this and bots have surely skewed the data collected that should have informed the developer that too many people were failing to complete X or were too often being crushed by Y.
    Discussing the game's difficulty is utterly pointless unless those problems are solved.
    I think that depends on whether a select few have managed to gain one or more champions on the developer/design staff and are urging the company staff to skew the game more to their liking without regard for those they consider their inferiors.

Edited by silent88b14_ESO on June 12, 2014 4:14PM
  • Voodoo
    Voodoo
    ✭✭✭✭
    To bad this thread got high jacked by this troll /\
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Layenem, can you let us know what you feel is too easy in Craglorn? Everyone else is welcome to chime in as well, if you're feeling the same way.

here is where you went wrong specifically. If you want to grind, a group of 12 is most efficient xp wise, but the content is not developed to be difficult for 12. if you want the difficulty to be right, make the xp/loot most efficient for the number the size of the group is supposed to be: 4,8,12,24 whatever. people will police themselves into the correct group size in their obsession with efficiency if that is the best xp yeild. the next problem is the instance size, the previous argument only works if there is not so many people around everything is dead all the time. If there is too many people competing then groups will get larger at expense of xp in order to edge out other groups.

I think if craiglorn itself was a group instance then the difficulty is perfect but in open world there are always too many people around when the content is new... ( im a hardcore gamer but not hardcore raider) If craiglorn was an " open world" dungeon it seems good. look on your vr dungeon and pick craiglorn, go with friends, or guild, or randoms on groupfinder. you could have the first town be a public zone so people can group in chat when using bank craft etc but the actual content is restricted to groups of x size.

a good example is anchors. really fun and exciting with 3-5 people ,but very often it ends up being 8-15 and the only challenge is hitting an enemy before others kill it.

• kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Layenem wrote: »
    I'm a HUGE supporter of what ZOS is doing. I've PTS tested since January and provided a novel's worth of feedback. I've seen good solid changes and some changes that I looked at wondering why it even mattered or how it was going to affect the game...

The ones that have me worried though are the changes that haven't been made. The KEY change at this point is the fact that we all, every single one of us from PTS, told ZOS that Craglorn was too easy. Overall, far too easy. Their comments about it was that it was a "group orientated zone" which, to me, meant that it would be mechanically challenging for a group with elements that would challenge healing, DPS, and tanking. So far there are three areas where this exists... Shada, the School of Blades, and the trio of mages inside of Zalgaz's Den (sp).

There was a third but the three lamia no longer respawn if you don't kill them together and that fight is now only a challenge to a group of Vet 2s (maybe).

So are we learning yet ZOS? Are you seeing the WAVE of people who are leaving because the game offers no challenge? Or those of us who do LOVE the game and what it can become that you refuse to give the challenge to? Are you really going to let WoWStar take your place at the top of the three games coming out this year?

You're an amazing development team... SCREW the publisher and GIVE US WHAT WE WANT!!! WOWStar won't even survive if they refuse to provide difficulty. Where do we go next? We won't just play a crap game, I'll tell you that much. Keep the MMO genre alive and give us what we NEED! Not what the publisher wants.

Remember... without you, they have no purpose! There HAS to be synergy between the developers, the publishers, and the players...

^ I agree this game is way to easy to level and no challenge end game. We need much greater challenges AND greater rewards FOR those challenges.
    @Layenem, can you let us know what you feel is too easy in Craglorn? Everyone else is welcome to chime in as well, if you're feeling the same way.

To start with Gina it's the fact that I can go in there with a v6 Templar and solo a pack of 6 v11 mobs, also, leveling 1-50 is so stupidly easy that it sets a bad tone for casuals who enter into any kind of real challenge.

In the past in WoW leveling was a challenge and I learned on the way so when it came time to raid or whatever I was ready (sortof) for those challenges, you have hordes of v14 that don't know what they are doing.

One thing you could do right away is make mob mechanics mean something, take the hag in BH for example, great mechanics and they will one shot you, this forces you to actually learn the boss and be involved, most bosses you ignore most if not all of it's mechanics and just rely on a semi decent healer to heal you through it.

Also if you do manage to make these events and bosses more challenging then you should really increase the paltry rewards
    Edited by kelly.medleyb14_ESO on November 24, 2014 2:58AM
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1338591d1389221625-wruw-wed-thread_necromancy.jpg
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If it's still an issue it's still relevant. Stop trolling.
    Edited by kelly.medleyb14_ESO on November 24, 2014 2:56AM
  • OldSmeller
    OldSmeller
    ✭✭✭

The content isn't easy, it's not hard. The only difficult I find is forming competent groups. Give us NPC fill ins like other MMOs so if we wait in the LFG long enough we can still clear the content with the help "NPC_Healer" and "NPC_Tank".
  • kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OldSmeller wrote: »

The content isn't easy, it's not hard. The only difficult I find is forming competent groups. Give us NPC fill ins like other MMOs so if we wait in the LFG long enough we can still clear the content with the help "NPC_Healer" and "NPC_Tank".

Interesting idea, but I think if they had more verticle gear progression tied to raiding and crag questing it would make it much easier to get groups together.
  • Layenem
    Layenem
    ✭✭✭✭
    OldSmeller wrote: »

Interesting idea, but I think if they had more verticle gear progression tied to raiding and crag questing it would make it much easier to get groups together.

Oddly enough I think they are afraid to do the "tiered gear" because some people will be "left behind." Boohoo... All they are doing is making it a tiered passives grind now, people are going to be left behind no matter what, and you either do it or you fail to keep most people interested.

It's what happens when you try to appease the masses: You send most people away upset, and only those who would have been in the bottom or just don't really get all that worked up or invested into what they are doing remain. Those people never stay anywhere anyways, because they LIVE in the bottom of the gaming barrel; which isn't a judgement or an issue... I spent my first 4 years of MMOing in the bottom of that barrel and sometimes I wonder if it wasn't more fun to be ignorant than the way I game now.

Anyways... Either gear, or levels, or CS points, or whatever else... something is going to separate us because something is going to allow us to continue to progress. And since we don't all progress at the same rate there won't EVER be a time when there isn't a gap. Even EQNext, which won't have any character levels, is going to have a gap: tiered content! Essentially player skill and gear will allow a player to play in higher tiers. Lower skilled or just lower geared players either won't be able to play along side them ever (cause their skill won't ever be the same) or they have to wait for their gear to catch up.

I miss tiered raiding... I hope ESO realizes it NEEDS raids to stay alive for any real duration. Not trials, raids. No death counts, 3 day to 1 week lockout timers (similar to EQ1/2 preferably), and screw the timers...