The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Some things aren't working

jbfroik
jbfroik
✭✭✭
Here's my list of things I think aren't working. Feel free to add what you think isn't working to it.

1. Mana regens
2. Soft caps
3. spell resists
4. armor passives

These don't feel like they are working. I will gladly shut my mouth however if someone on the ZOS team confirms that they are indeed working.
  • czar
    czar
    ✭✭✭✭
    welcome to eso
    stam scrub
  • Goibot
    Goibot
    ✭✭✭
    The silence is deafening!
  • anakaki
    anakaki
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing works in this game and we are paying for their own QA. And I do mean nothing.

Simple as that.
    Death Recap for Templars
    Have you tried rerolling to a Sorcerer or Dragonknight?
    Templars do more dps than DK's.
  • jbfroik
    jbfroik
    ✭✭✭
    Well the soft caps dont seem right either. Why are you soft capped as a sorc to the point that you can only use like 4-5 spells before your mp pool is drained?
  • jbfroik
    jbfroik
    ✭✭✭
    Its just getting real hard for me to fanboy anymore. I love the game dont get me wrong, but telling people to give it a chance etch. Is getting REAL OLD. Not to mention as i get further along in content i still see everything broken and bugged. From the noob zone to my vet1 area. Nothing has changed, and my cheers of excitement and gratitude are becoming quieter and are few and far between logging in and out to fix bugged quests.
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spell Resistance only seems to apply to basic magic damage, but not fire, frost, shock, poison, or disease damage. Is that intentional? If so, we'd better make some resist glyphs for multiple rings, and switch them around based on situation.

Soft caps are intended to discourage min-maxing, but agree these should be increased depending on the class.

Definitely agree that a couple of the medium armor passives are underwhelming, and the skill points are better used elsewhere.

• Loco_Mofo
    Loco_Mofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would probably be quicker to list the things that ARE working correctly.
  • jbfroik
    jbfroik
    ✭✭✭
    Morimizo wrote: »
    Spell Resistance only seems to apply to basic magic damage, but not fire, frost, shock, poison, or disease damage. Is that intentional? If so, we'd better make some resist glyphs for multiple rings, and switch them around based on situation.

Soft caps are intended to discourage min-maxing, but agree these should be increased depending on the class.

Definitely agree that a couple of the medium armor passives are underwhelming, and the skill points are better used elsewhere.

I feel like you really hit the nail on the head with this. For example with my sorc, who's build is pretty much a traditional fire mage working off of the dunmer passives, I should be putting all of my points into my mana pool. AT LEAST THAT'S WHAT YOU'D THINK. Alas I am dumping points into health because I my mana pool is "Overcharged". How ***.If i wanted to play a tank I would have played a tank class or made my build that way. I LIKE the freedom to build your class that this game has. The problem is that they are pretending to give you that freedom with wack soft caps, that are really just kindof ***. Why dangle those passives in front of me if ill just be overcharged if i take them. If i want to be a good golfer I should stick to golf right? But no. People who Mix match classes seem to have the EXACT same profficiency with magic that a sorc has. This seems to not make sense. Hold on let me take my robes off and putt on this heavy armor, my mage regen will be the same. I get that this game is intended so you can do whatever you want but damn, put Tiger Woods in a boxing ring and see how great he does at that sport. Do you see what I mean.
  • Morbus2
    Morbus2
    ✭✭✭
    Loco_Mofo wrote: »
    It would probably be quicker to list the things that ARE working correctly.

It would be a very short list . . .

• jbfroik
    jbfroik
    ✭✭✭
    My game took a HUGE dump on me just now.
    Edited by jbfroik on June 1, 2014 2:12PM
  • jbfroik
    jbfroik
    ✭✭✭
    I was exiting Craglorn when the crash happened.