Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Fix the issues ZOS

• brandon
    brandon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Banumu wrote: »
    That would be EST they are in

Then that must be it because its the same time zone as me.
    Options
  • Ashurab16_ESO
    Ashurab16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    ah well, then there is still hope? maybe? lol
    Options
  • brandon
    brandon
    ✭✭✭✭
    ah well, then there is still hope? maybe? lol

I just wish they would be a little more specific.
    Options
  • wllstrt75b14_ESO
    wllstrt75b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    That's it brother, breath and let it all out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWcz0yvma5s

I think we really need to keep things in perspective here. They ARE fixing things, and sometimes things go wrong. With a major release like this, if you set your expectations for absolute perfection, you set yourself up for unnecessary frustration. I don't think it is really productive to post threads saying basically "get your s*** together ZOS."

Now I admit, I myself have suggested I might put the game on hold if they didn't get the bot situation under control, which they are making progress on. But I wouldn't go so far as to post shame threads about known issues.

Seriously, just spare yourself the frustration and enjoy the game best you can. Or enjoy something else for a while and come back to it. Life is too short to be full of rage.

Are you serious? This kind of mediocricy is why we have gaming companies filled with devs and QA teams that cant tell the difference between a memory leak and a bug.

There is no reason a patch should ever be released with a memory leak unless it is an accident..it is an extremely simple process to determine if there is a leak. It is not like it gets hidden. Annd if a gaming company does release a patch with a mem leak it should be fixed immediately...however here at Zenimax where devs and QA are clueless they probably cant find the leak.

So you don't need to defend them for their poor customer service and game service. I should say you should not defend them. My guess is they are probably not even running a full crew trying to resolve the issues they may have a few people in the office this weekend but most are probably enjoying their long holiday which means they already have a fix and are waiting to put it out..which is unacceptable..or they just don't care which is also unacceptable.

I tip my hat to them as the game concept is awesome and a lot of the game is awesome but the many many issues, poor customer service, and terrible lack of foresight at Zenimax is really beginning to erode the fun aspect of the game. And I assume for a lot of folks it has already ruined it.
    Options
  • Azinurn
    Azinurn
    think the motto is if it aint broken we will brake it
    Edited by Azinurn on May 24, 2014 7:08PM
    Options
  • Arsvita
    @Azinurn‌ So if it's not broken, we will put a stop to it?

All games have growing pains of bugs and issues when they come out of the gate, period.

It does take time to work the issues out and we as players are in the trenches seeing these bugs and issues first hand. Many may be over looked due to the amount of coding and game content that may accidentally get over looked because 1) it does not happen all of the time, or because 2) it is not covered by a tester and thereby caught.

We, seeing and in some sad cases experiencing these issues, must be calm and rational and send in full reports of who, what, when where, and describe in detail the issues. This is the best help in pinpointing the areas that need work.

I am sure ZOS id working on as much as they can, within all reason, to make the game playable for all and with the best gaming experience they can provide.

I know it's not what I, or others, really want to hear, but patience. Wait and see while we give a chance for this new release to grow from crawl, waddle, to walk. Perhaps even run. :) It does take time and effort. We do get responses, even if it is not "we fixed it "now"", which is more than I can say for other companies.

I would rather a nice clean product that is not a duct taped mess. Time. Let them fix the fissures and polish it to a luster and hopefully a nice shine.
    Options
  • brandon
    brandon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arsvita wrote: »
    @Azinurn‌ So if it's not broken, we will put a stop to it?

All games have growing pains of bugs and issues when they come out of the gate, period.

It does take time to work the issues out and we as players are in the trenches seeing these bugs and issues first hand. Many may be over looked due to the amount of coding and game content that may accidentally get over looked because 1) it does not happen all of the time, or because 2) it is not covered by a tester and thereby caught.

We, seeing and in some sad cases experiencing these issues, must be calm and rational and send in full reports of who, what, when where, and describe in detail the issues. This is the best help in pinpointing the areas that need work.

I am sure ZOS id working on as much as they can, within all reason, to make the game playable for all and with the best gaming experience they can provide.

I know it's not what I, or others, really want to hear, but patience. Wait and see while we give a chance for this new release to grow from crawl, waddle, to walk. Perhaps even run. :) It does take time and effort. We do get responses, even if it is not "we fixed it "now"", which is more than I can say for other companies.

I would rather a nice clean product that is not a duct taped mess. Time. Let them fix the fissures and polish it to a luster and hopefully a nice shine.

A lot of the issues in this patch were reported during PTS but they still let it come thru. I get that games have bugs but this patch doesn't seem like it was a polished product.
    Edited by brandon on May 24, 2014 8:01PM
    Options
  • TicToc
    TicToc
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_JasonL wrote: »

The quest rollback issue has been fixed since today's patch. Keep in mind that if you completed one step of a quest that was changed with the patch, you may be required to start the quest again. If you accepted or progressed at all on a step for which the prerequisites were changed, it may get removed entirely from your Journal and you will need to re-accept it once you have the correct prerequisites. Of course, if you have any questions or concerns, be sure to submit a ticket so that our Support Team can investigate further.

Whatever fix happened, it didn't return my missing quests. The rollback broke my main alliance quest line, and now i have no idea how to pick it back up. As far as i know, it was not something that was changed with the patch.

I do hope that it is possible to pick it up again because i won't be able to progress if i can't. However, i have no idea to begin where to look to pick it back up, because the main quest line progresses as a chain of quests. I cannot pick it up from where I got the last mission, so it either reset it further back, or it knows that i have completed that part of the quest but I don't have the quests that were given to me afterwards to send me to the next location. I have no idea where to go.

Options
  • Azinurn
    Azinurn
    Sure i can understand growing pains , heck i can eaven understand that there are some issues that take longer to fix than others.

but after paying for a game and paying for a subscription i would atleast expect the programmers and coders to fix the content that they already have in the game i mean the content that is broken , before they release extra content that brakes the game further.

i can eaven understand that there is unforseen events ( this craglorn launch whit massive bugs is prolly one of the unforseen side effects )

but when it happens after every patch ....

so far i have had install this game 4 times after a patch.
    i have had to reload the launcher 2 times.
    just to get the game working

and i do agree i want a nice clean product aswell but you know sometimes
    people need to vent a bit.
    especialy after getting issue after issue after issue .
    Options
  • Myconid
    Myconid
    Soul Shriven
    Like them adding a hotfix for the VR content difficulty. WHy in the hell didnt they fix the problem where alot of ppl cant even log on, before they fix stuff thats after you log in.
    Options
  • brandon
    brandon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Myconid wrote: »
    Like them adding a hotfix for the VR content difficulty. WHy in the hell didnt they fix the problem where alot of ppl cant even log on, before they fix stuff thats after you log in.

@Myconid
    exactly what I thought. It did need to be fixed but it is definitely not the most important thing right now. A lot of people can't even login I mean come on :(
    Options
  • Myconid
    Myconid
    Soul Shriven
    Yea not being able to play at all should take priority over everything you would think.
    Options
  • Banumu
    Banumu
    ✭✭
    Maybe if we said our accounts can't handle the new log in session mobs and they are to powerful and we can't log in to get the loot of play time, maybe that would work to get a patch to fix it
    Options
  • brandon
    brandon
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Myconid
    I have not even seen anything on the forums from them even acknowledging the issue.
    Options
  • Myconid
    Myconid
    Soul Shriven
    Yea, they just keep giving responses like "looking into it" "working on a fix" "sticking head up ass" ^.^
    Options
  • brandon
    brandon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Myconid wrote: »
    Yea, they just keep giving responses like "looking into it" "working on a fix" "sticking head up ass" ^.^

@Myconid
    I find their lack of any info on it complete bullcrap. They're is no way that they could miss this many people mentioning it. I mean seriously how hard is it to say that the fix will come today at blabla.
    Options
  • Sylnae
    Sylnae
    ✭✭
    Was just able to log in after 4 hours of timeouts. Would suggest anyone with timeout issues give it a try...
    Options
  • brandon
    brandon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sylnae wrote: »
    Was just able to log in after 4 hours of timeouts. Would suggest anyone with timeout issues give it a try...

I'll try
    i'll update if it works
    Edit- still nothing
    Edited by brandon on May 24, 2014 8:41PM
    Options
  • Arsvita
    @brandon PTS has many facets. Some testers have been known to use it for their own purposes while also trying to point out issues. Other companies listen and have great issues because of this, but it is no excuse not to pay attention to much of it. I believe, that yes, they were more centered on pushing the new content, but do not really know. Polishing takes work and time.

@Azinurn I know I played a game that had days and weeks of down time working on fixing issues for over six months after release. They did give out game time to cover some of those lost days. I didn't mind, but that was me.

I loved a major bug they introduced that was a plague that swept the game. I would still go out and do my thing in a world that was bare of players because they were all hiding in the cities due to fear. It was a bad plague. So bad that even scientists got accounts to watch and track the plague for study of the epidemic. Fun times! Players would cringe and even pester and question me when I went into the cities to take care of my needs.

Even seven years later they had some of the same issues, that were I suppose not big on their list, in the game.

It is necessary for the players to vent. Best if with full details of the issues so that these problems can be corrected and so that ZOS hopefully learns.

@brandon There are posts and responses that do cover the vr areas and fixing the issue. Replies they are known issues that are being fixed is better than some issue responses. They have a fix that was going to be implemented and, I hate to say, roll back the vr mobs to previous levels.
    Options
  • brandon
    brandon
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Arsvita
    Your talking about wow aren't you.
    They already fixed the VR areas but people who can't login at all are getting screwed. personally I think that is more important then VR fixes.
    Edited by brandon on May 24, 2014 8:44PM
    Options
  • Asava
    Asava
    ✭✭✭
    48 hours of not being to log in already and no fixes yet. My Ticket is 140524-030250. My patience is starting to wear thin now. My guilds are raiding craglorn and I can't get past the log in keeper. If I can't play with my friends here then I'll just go to a different game. You want my money then let me play.
    Options
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    brandon wrote: »
    cullothiel wrote: »
    I just want someone to acknowledge that the log in issue is a thing they're looking in to and not the constant "do these steps and it'll be fine" because this ain't working.

At this point I don't even care about the bugs, I JUST WANT TO LOG IN.

Great now they fixed the vet difficulty. Yes it needed to be fixed but what about the people who can't even login. They have got to be joking :(

They didn't fix the vet difficulty. It fixed it for some random mobs. They need to take that stupid banner off of the top of the page that pats themselves on the backs saying it's fixed.
    Options
  • brandon
    brandon
    ✭✭✭✭
    cullothiel wrote: »
    I just want someone to acknowledge that the log in issue is a thing they're looking in to and not the constant "do these steps and it'll be fine" because this ain't working.

At this point I don't even care about the bugs, I JUST WANT TO LOG IN.

Great now they fixed the vet difficulty. Yes it needed to be fixed but what about the people who can't even login. They have got to be joking :(

They didn't fix the vet difficulty. It fixed it for some random mobs. They need to take that stupid banner off of the top of the page that pats themselves on the backs saying it's fixed.

@coryevans_3b14_ESO‌
    I can't even login so I'm going off the banner so if its not working right sorry didn't know.
    Options
  • Arsvita
    @Arsvita
    Your talking about wow aren't you.
    They already fixed the VR areas but people who can't login at all are getting screwed. personally I think that is more important then VR fixes.

Yes, people Need to be able to log in.
    That Is The Main Priority For ZOS to Fix
    . < --Emphasis for ZOS

VR zones, new issue / same problem:
    Hey guys, quick update about what happened during last night's hotfix -

Any monster that was still alive during the hotfix will not have their pre-patch 1.1.2 stats until they die and respawn. We understand this means they are still difficult until killed, but this was the quickest way we could fix the issue without causing server downtime. Hope this helps clarify, and apologies for any confusion.
    Seems that there may have been an error with the newly applied hot fix.
    Myrron wrote: »
    Lucifer108 wrote: »
    The hotfix to fix veteran mobs has been applied incorrectly. Health values have been corrected but the double damage values has not.Also veteran mobs(at least 6+) do seem to be affected by increased exp boost as stated in the patch.

@Audigy - Yeah, can you un-cross-out your "VR Mobs too stong" issue? It's not fixed, and killing pre-patch mobs and letting them respawn (as mentioned by ZOS at TF) is not resetting their values. Thanks.
    --Myrron

[edit here] I am not personally into VR content or zone. I take my time, most often with alts, and can only pass on what information I collect by the player base on some issues.
    Edited by Arsvita on May 24, 2014 9:23PM
    Options
  • huangmao
    huangmao
    that fat dude really needs to take a walk. for like 6 months.

His chin jiggles when he talks.
    Options
  • Banumu
    Banumu
    ✭✭
    huangmao wrote: »

What?
    Options
  • Rogue78
    Rogue78
    ✭✭✭
    They said the memory leak fix will be this afternoon. Still waiting for info on the login timeout fix.

Yes, how could I forget that. This should be on top of their list!

BUMP
    - login issues
    - memory leak
    - invisible ghosts
    - pink/black textures
    - and last but not least graphics drivers brutally crashing forcing a system reboot

can we get an update on the important issues please ZOS!
    Omnia Vincit
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Options
  • brandon
    brandon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously ZOS! They're is no way you couldn't have seen all the threads about the login issue. The patch was Thursday and people mentioned the issue the same day and you still haven't stated a date for a fix. come on already!
    Edited by brandon on May 24, 2014 11:18PM
    Options
  • brandon
    brandon
    ✭✭✭✭
    huangmao wrote: »

they're is no need to be mean.

Options
  • glitchmaster999
    glitchmaster999
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously ZOS! They're is no way you couldn't have seen all the threads about the login issue. The patch was Thursday and people mentioned the issue the same day and you still haven't stated a date for a fix. come on already!

Well actually, they have stated it would be patched this afternoon, you should read the dev tracker.
    Options