Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

1 handed weapon style

• Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As with most problems in my life, this can be solved with Polymorphism. Each ability in the tree should do something different based on your off-hand. A shield would make them tank/support abilities, but a weapon/spell would make them damage abilities. Nothing would make them add dodge/parry rating or something.
    Options
  • Dag86novanub19_ESO
    ShintaiDK wrote: »
    PBpsy wrote: »
    Use shield for mitigation and use your class skills for damage.

That works for DK and perhaps NBs. But certainly not for templars.
    Works ok for my Templar.

Complete reliance on class skills in the most magicka consumptive class in the game works ok for you?

Wprks great for my Templar, as well as a few Mage Guild abilities when suitable.
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, people want a finesse-based Errol Flynn skill line?

...I'd be okay with this.

Fencing is not a melee skill, it evolved from one on one duels. It's not really practical, despite what you see in films.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • taylorwilenskiub17_ESO
    I'm sorry to break it to you, but the "play the way you want" philosophy that Zenimax originally stood by is a complete lie.

You may be able to do this up until V1, but after that everything changes and you are forced into using certain skills in order to handle the content.

The developers made it so you have to use:

1. AoE spam.
    2. If you're a NB you will likely have to spam Shadowy Disguise / Shadow Cloak.
    3. If you're a melee build...hmmm idk, better have your Ultimate up.

The whole play the way you want is not applicable. Some skills are completely useless in this game...and because of this my skill bar of 5 skills always has the same abilities on it with the odd 1 or 2 changing.

So much variety I love it! Not...
    Options
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry to break it to you, but the "play the way you want" philosophy that Zenimax originally stood by is a complete lie.

You may be able to do this up until V1, but after that everything changes and you are forced into using certain skills in order to handle the content.

The developers made it so you have to use:

1. AoE spam.
    2. If you're a NB you will likely have to spam Shadowy Disguise / Shadow Cloak.
    3. If you're a melee build...hmmm idk, better have your Ultimate up.

The whole play the way you want is not applicable. Some skills are completely useless in this game...and because of this my skill bar of 5 skills always has the same abilities on it with the odd 1 or 2 changing.

So much variety I love it! Not...

VR7 dual-wield/bow Nightblade here. I don't use AoE spam, even for group of 3. I maybe use Shadow Cloak two or three times a fight when playing solo, but I wouldn't need to if I had a different build. Oh, and I never need to use an ultimate on any soloable content.

So I guess I can play the way I want.
    ----
    Murray?
    Options
  • Rastafariel
    Rastafariel
    ✭✭✭
    I just want everyone to be able to play the way they want. Maybe ESO should buy BK?
    A Dragon's Tear has many mystical qualities...
    dragontears.boards.net
    Options
  • WrathOfRegicide
    WrathOfRegicide
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see why they couldn't do 1h and magic (spellsword) skill line, where its dependent on magicka and stamina. They've had that class in nearly every TES game, so hopefully they'll add this skill line later on.
    Options
  • Rastafariel
    Rastafariel
    ✭✭✭
    REJOICE! 3 years later and 1 hand + rune is back!

its coming with MW and you can read about it here:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/320780/new-warden-class-will-introduce-new-1-hand-rune-weapon-skill-line

FINALLY.
    A Dragon's Tear has many mystical qualities...
    dragontears.boards.net
    Options