Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Login Timeout after Patch 1.1.2

• CredibilityProblem
    CredibilityProblem
    Soul Shriven
    zhiao wrote: »
    I have a friend in another country. After dealing with this for 3 hours last night, I asked him to login to my account - he got to character select with no issues. I asked him to logout - I was then able to login fine.

Which server do you log into, and which does your friend log into?
    Options
  • Hrazmadul
    Hrazmadul
    Soul Shriven
    I'm also in this group of timeout and 301 errors. Not sure if anything has been patched but my version says eso.live.1.1.2.990524

Ticket: 140524-020513

Update: after trying for hours I finally managed to get online. Ignore the ticket.
    Edited by Hrazmadul on May 24, 2014 4:02PM
    Options
  • Nevermuse
    Nevermuse
    Getting this same sequence since about 9pm EST Thursday Night.
    Options
  • StonedFlyingLamb
    Also not being able to login since crashing yesterday night in Craglorn.
    Options
  • Sieghart
    Sieghart
    I hate to say it, but if they are saying that uninstalling and reinstalling is fixing this for many people then I don't think they are reading what the problem is.

As shown by this topic, people have tried to reinstall. People have tried to access their account on completely different units and still not work. So it is not a users hardware issue.
    Options
  • jazon1972_ESO
    jazon1972_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    i agree..there is no fix for this on our end,tried new Pc's new IP's/mac addresses,repairs,new installs...just simply wont let me in..this is an obvious problem with our accounts on there servers triggered by not logging out properly from a crash for most of us.
    Options
  • Dzonatanos
    I can't login, I tried reinstall game, I used another computer and nothing. My ticket number 140524-023489 I will waiting to fast help or you lose next player who want to play this game many year. Bless you and good luck
    Options
  • Feien
    Feien
    Having the same issue. Have been waiting for them to pick up the phone call for hours with mo reply. ticket 140524-023546.
    Options
  • zhiao
    zhiao
    Soul Shriven
    I have a friend in another country. After dealing with this for 3 hours last night, I asked him to login to my account - he got to character select with no issues. I asked him to logout - I was then able to login fine.

Which server do you log into, and which does your friend log into?

We both use NA.

Also, I don't see how reinstalling could fix this because I have a laptop which I patched and it immediately ran into same issue.
    Edited by zhiao on May 24, 2014 5:53PM
    Options
  • DivZero
    DivZero
    ✭✭✭
    same here since around 18.30 CET. Logged out normal to do some RL stuff, tried to log in at 19.00 and got problem discribed here, no response from server,then 301. EU-Server.
    Options
  • xherics
    xherics
    ✭✭✭
    I made a small research.

PC restart
    Router Restart
    Run as Admin
    Firewall Off
    Try a fresh install from my notebook
    Try from mobile net (another provider)
    Try through my friend VPN (Germany)
    All combination of some these points - some points from official help topic for 301 error - I do not know, zenimax though that we are all noobs? :disappointed:
    Main HOME server - the EU megaserver - IS NOT WORKING for me - Error 301 or Time out.

So I changed the launcher to NA mega server, downloaded the client and voala, I was successful, I am able to log in on the NA server and play, just on my HOME server not.

Zenimax! IT IS now clear that it is server side problem!
    Edited by xherics on May 24, 2014 6:32PM
    Guild: HODOR - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Char: Leliana fxn (Sorc) and Nuria fxn (DK)
    World first Sanctum Ophidia Time trial achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.7)
    World second Sanctum Ophidia Hard Mode achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.8)
    Pre-nerf Dragonstar Arena Hard Mode Conqueror with my Sorcerer

"Sorcerer is for me a definition of the highest level of magician, what does not mean pets, but pure magic, pure spells.
    Pure magic from the heart, through the blood, to the last hairbreadth...
    Sorcerer means the highest magic killer with pure magic, not the weakest grandmamma's pet farm."

11.02.2015 - Magicka Sorcerer RIP - What? Sorcerer and not using spells/magicka?
    19.02.2015 - Sorcerers, we have a new hope!
    Options
  • CredibilityProblem
    CredibilityProblem
    Soul Shriven
    xherics wrote: »
    I made a small research.

PC restart
    Router Restart
    Run as Admin
    Firewall Off
    All combination of some these points - some points from official help topic for 301 error - I do not know, zenimax though that we are all noobs? :disappointed:
    Main HOME server - the EU megaserver - IS NOT WORKING for me - Error 301 or Time out.

So I changed the launcher to NA mega server, downloaded the client and voala, I was successful, I am able to log in on the NA server and play, just on my HOME server not.

Excellent work, I'm in the process of downloading the NA client to test this exact thing, but I think you've just saved me another 6 hours or so of download time!

Hopefully Zenimax will give us some information at some point.
    Options
  • zhiao
    zhiao
    Soul Shriven
    I made a small research.

PC restart
    Router Restart
    Run as Admin
    Firewall Off

You tried through VPN - good idea - are you sure the ESO connection was going through the vpn tunnel?
    Options
  • xherics
    xherics
    ✭✭✭
    I made a small research.

PC restart
    Router Restart
    Run as Admin
    Firewall Off

You tried through VPN - good idea - are you sure the ESO connection was going through the vpn tunnel?

Yes, of course, I applied the VPN connection, tunel on my router, not on PC.

Edit: and I was prompted to write a verification code from email, because of unknown, unauthorized PC login... after I wrote the code, still got 301 error.
    Edited by xherics on May 24, 2014 7:00PM
    World first Sanctum Ophidia Time trial achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.7)
    World second Sanctum Ophidia Hard Mode achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.8)

"Sorcerer is for me a definition of the highest level of magician, what does not mean pets, but pure magic, pure spells.
    Sorcerer means the highest magic killer with pure magic, not the weakest grandmamma's pet farm."

11.02.2015 - Magicka Sorcerer RIP - What? Sorcerer and not using spells/magicka?
    Options
  • TOABors
    TOABors
    Sorry to sound like a newbie. Can you freely switch between the megaservers? I assume the characters aren't copied though, right?
    Options
  • CredibilityProblem
    CredibilityProblem
    Soul Shriven
    TOABors wrote: »
    Sorry to sound like a newbie. Can you freely switch between the megaservers? I assume the characters aren't copied though, right?

Correct on both counts. You can connect to either, but your characters are not transferable.

Options
  • StonedFlyingLamb
    Try changing your password. Worked for me and suggested by customer support btw.
    Options
  • TroodonsBite
    TroodonsBite
    ✭✭
    Try changing your password. Worked for me and suggested by customer support btw.

Nope didn't work for me :(
    Options
  • ewglennyub17_ESO2
    ewglennyub17_ESO2
    Soul Shriven
    Changing password did not help. Do believe it is not client side. My son can log in from my machine with his account. If I go to his machine where he has been playing and try to log in I have the same login issue there also. So it is not ISP, FW, game client etc.
    Options
  • murgandy
    murgandy
    ✭✭
    Add me to the list. Played for a few hours today, but for the past hour have been unable to log in, either 'log in timeouts' or 301 errors.
    Options
  • Atreidus
    Atreidus
    ✭✭✭
    Options
  • ruadukefan
    ruadukefan
    Soul Shriven
    Same. I played for a while earlier today and now I cant log in at all. I keep getting Log in timeouts or 301 errors.
    Options
  • DivZero
    DivZero
    ✭✭✭
    problem persists, went through complete "workaround".Nothing helped.

140525-003069
    Options
  • jazon1972_ESO
    jazon1972_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    anyone get any recent correspondence from one of there tickets? wondering if they are taking this issue seriously yet or if they are still suggesting the old 301 fix still.

there has got to be several hundred posts in dozens of threads since the patch and not one person able to get there accounts back online yet the problem is obviously on there end and no repairs we can try are going to help.
    Options
  • Pucko82
    Pucko82
    ✭✭
    @jazon, nothing. not even an official statement regarding our issue...
    Options
  • l4m3r
    l4m3r
    ✭✭✭
    It is an Accountside Proplem! So you dont have to Change anything on your maschine! I read sometimes help to login in the account on the webpage!
    Options
  • xherics
    xherics
    ✭✭✭
    I tried now to log in and also change my password, but no solution to 301 error.

Options
  • l4m3r
    l4m3r
    ✭✭✭
    I tried now to log in and also change my password, but no solution to 301 error.

Thats bad one then you can only wait ....
    Options
  • Pucko82
    Pucko82
    ✭✭
    Schimpanse_248040.jpg

They almost got it!
    Options