Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Login Timeout after Patch 1.1.2

• jazon1972_ESO
    jazon1972_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    same, cannot get to the character selection screen just a perpetual loading screen. anyone found a quick fix

no fix for it its on there end have tried everything including:

changed name to "backup" on both update files so they could be re downloaded(old suggested fix for this problem)= did nothing

opened all suggested ports on my router/firewall = did nothing

tried comparability mode for win8 and win7 and ran as admin on both the launcher and game= did nothing

changed my IP address /router and network cards MAC address= did nothing

tried all of these thing combined= did nothing

maybe we should give some system info and see if we can find something in common to see why we are effected while many others are not

local server located in NM
    running windows 8.1
    CPU: lga2011 i7 @4.2gz
    GPU: GTX680oc
    Ram:32gb corsair
    HDD: Samsung SSD Evo Pro
    all system drivers are up to date.

Options
  • TroodonsBite
    TroodonsBite
    ✭✭
    Hm, i'm on the NA server, i'm running on Windows 8, AMD A8-4500 APU with Radeon at 1.90GHz, 8GB RAM, all drivers up to date.
    Edited by TroodonsBite on May 23, 2014 10:21PM
    Options
  • Banumu
    Banumu
    ✭✭
    I have this problem as well it came after the rollbacks yesterday.

Did you guys get rolledback yesterday as well and now are getting this?

If so I wonder if they can take our entry in the db and replace it with the prepatch one ( the one before rollbacks ) and see if that lets us log in.

Edit: Not the timeout just not getting to character screen, It will state I'm on line and with last character on my wifes machine, yet I'm still at the loading one.
    Edited by Banumu on May 23, 2014 10:30PM
    Options
  • TroodonsBite
    TroodonsBite
    ✭✭
    Banumu wrote: »
    I have this problem as well it came after the rollbacks yesterday.

Did you guys get rolledback yesterday as well and now are getting this?

If so I wonder if they can take our entry in the db and replace it with the prepatch one ( the one before rollbacks ) and see if that lets us log in.

I never rolled back. My game just crashed on me and then i could never get back in.
    Options
  • Unknown_poster
    Unknown_poster
    ✭✭✭
    Got my 3rd email from CS with basic computer fixes for dummies included yet again. Of course nothing has worked. So I have said screw it, deleted game and am downloading fresh again. While it probably won't work, at least I feel like I'm doing something.
    Options
  • TroodonsBite
    TroodonsBite
    ✭✭
    I really really don't want to do that. You'll have to let me know if that works or not.
    Options
  • jazon1972_ESO
    jazon1972_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Got my 3rd email from CS with basic computer fixes for dummies included yet again. Of course nothing has worked. So I have said screw it, deleted game and am downloading fresh again. While it probably won't work, at least I feel like I'm doing something.

feel free to try but not likely going to fix it, i just installed it on a brand new laptop i bought a few weeks ago for gaming that i had not installed it on yet and i got as far as it saying i needed a code to access the game from that pc then went into its login timed out that the other pc is doing so it is defiantly not on our end im thinking our accounts are stuck in limbo on there servers atm and wont be accessible until they restart them or patch them..ether way im assuming we will be waiting til after the holiday at this point...good luck to those effected im giving up for now..keep leaving your specs who knows might help the devs figure out this issue.

Options
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    This sounds like a TCP error, so checking driver versions on video cards and such won't help. Try flushing your DNS cache in case of a pointer error.
    Options
  • TroodonsBite
    TroodonsBite
    ✭✭
    Sihnfahl wrote: »
    This sounds like a TCP error, so checking driver versions on video cards and such won't help. Try flushing your DNS cache in case of a pointer error.

Just tried that. Didn't work. :(
    Options
  • Elki_Wilderglas
    Adding my name to this list also. Since the Craglorne update I've experienced:
    -Start up load screen issue with large font old-windows style "Elder Scrolls Online" window header
    -Load screens lasting 5 minutes + either resulting in a timed out session or my client crashing.
    - Client crashing when I attempt to Alt Tab out
    - Extreme lag when I have made it to game play
    - No "normal" game play since the update

I have submitted two separate bug reports. I too have read about the memory leaks and think this is the most likely explanation. No the new "true full screen" feature is not responsible for the first point as it still occurs in windowed full screen.
    Edited by Elki_Wilderglas on May 23, 2014 11:19PM
    Add a dab of lavender to milk. Leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
    Options
  • Pucko82
    Pucko82
    ✭✭
    not even a Response to my tickets so far.

can anyone tell my why they implement new patches on Weekends!?
    Options
  • CredibilityProblem
    CredibilityProblem
    Soul Shriven
    It's clearly a server side problem related to specific accounts.

From all that I've read and my own experience, it seems that the client crashes, you try and log back in, then the timeout-301-timeout-301 cycle starts. I'm not aware of any other trigger, anyone have it happen under different circumstances?

Logging in your account on another computer gets the same issue, logging in someone else's account on your computer has no problem.
    Options
  • rich.goodyearneb18_ESO
    rich.goodyearneb18_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Also have had this issue since this morning. 3 hours with timeout error. Other accounts can long onto this computer no problem, so it's account-specific.
    Options
  • l4m3r
    l4m3r
    ✭✭✭
    Guys this is an Accounside proplem! You can not login no. mattere on which pc you try! If you have a 2end Acc from wife or so you will see that one works!
    Options
  • rich.goodyearneb18_ESO
    rich.goodyearneb18_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    But how is it fixed? Will it resolve before servers are rebooted or not even then?
    Options
  • l4m3r
    l4m3r
    ✭✭✭
    Fix can only the zenimaxteam....
    Options
  • CredibilityProblem
    CredibilityProblem
    Soul Shriven
    There's nothing we as users can do. It's possible a server reboot might fix it, but it's possible it won't. If it does, that's not to say that the bug that caused it won't cause it to happen again.

We are at their mercy!
    Options
  • Fresh5
    Fresh5
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having the same issue. I haven't been able to log in over the past 2 days. I'm receiving the log-in timeout message and I can't get access to the character select screen.
    Options
  • Pucko82
    Pucko82
    ✭✭
    i can confirm - my girlfriend can Login without Problems, even from my pc.
    Options
  • netsike
    netsike
    ✭✭✭
    Bump...
    29kunaa.jpg
    Options
  • Pucko82
    Pucko82
    ✭✭
    another Response from CS. They keep telling my that my Client/Firewall/Antivirus might be the reason. No awareness of the Problem at all...
    Options
  • earljones1018b14_ESO
    Same issue here. Perfect connection last night, and today nothing. It's like my connection request gets lost in limbo server land.
    Options
  • zhiao
    zhiao
    Soul Shriven
    I have a friend in another country. After dealing with this for 3 hours last night, I asked him to login to my account - he got to character select with no issues. I asked him to logout - I was then able to login fine.
    Options
  • netsike
    netsike
    ✭✭✭
    zhiao wrote: »
    I have a friend in another country. After dealing with this for 3 hours last night, I asked him to login to my account - he got to character select with no issues. I asked him to logout - I was then able to login fine.

Lol really? I will try it too...
    Options
  • Qara
    Qara
    ✭✭
    netsike wrote: »
    Bump...
    29kunaa.jpg

Identical Issue as the rest of you since Craglorn....
    My boyfriend can login to his account on my computer with no problems, but I get the same errors above on his computer.

CS replied to my request for a phone call within 15 minutes (very cool) but spent hours trying all the usual suspect tweaks, including uninstalling, reinstalling.

I begged them to login to my account per @zhiao 's recommendation, but they say they cannot due to account security reasons.

They escalated my ticket last night and I haven't heard a word since.....
    Options
  • Pucko82
    Pucko82
    ✭✭
    I tried - does not work for me.
    Options
  • netsike
    netsike
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't work for me. :(
    Options
  • TroodonsBite
    TroodonsBite
    ✭✭
    I wonder if I could create a new account and try to access that way. Unless my game code won't work on another account.
    Options
  • thelonghop
    thelonghop
    Soul Shriven
    This the same issue I'm having. Game crashed. Tried to log back in and got "Login Timeout" tried again and got 301. I submitted a ticket and this was the response-

We are aware of the issues some players are having since the patch. If you have attempted the repair and the game still gives you the errors. Please uninstall the whole game and reinstall then update.

We are working quickly to get this issue fix but uninstall and reinstall has been working for most players.

Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Warm Regards,
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team

I've since uninstalled and reinstalled twice with no success.

Someone mentioned above about the game showing them online from a different account. On one of my many attempts to login, I got an error that said my account was logged in from somewhere else. So it's got to be related to that.
    Options
  • netsike
    netsike
    ✭✭✭
    I tried from 2 pc, didn't work. And I was able to login here to another account, so it's just bullsh*t.
    Options