Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Npc Update. NPCS are OP.

Dahter
Dahter
Soul Shriven
I'm not sure about anyone else, but I am severely annoyed that the npc's are able to just completely destroy you. From what I've seen and experienced so far, the npcs are doing double the damage they did before, and have double the health. Also, the mercenaries that players put down, are stronger as well!!, which is ridiculous. 20 of those mage mercenaries would take down an unorganized zerg easily. I thought cyrodiil was about pvp, not having to fight these tough guards... It just seems stupid to me. Express your opinions freely! I'd like to hear them
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    THIS IS A GOOD THING! NOW VETS CANNOT STEAMROLL THE MAP! EVERYONE HAS A CHANCE ON DEFENSE NOW!

...for further details check out previous thread of mine...
    Indeed it is so...
    Options
  • KraidenDove
    KraidenDove
    ✭✭
    THIS IS A GOOD THING! NOW VETS CANNOT STEAMROLL THE MAP! EVERYONE HAS A CHANCE ON DEFENSE NOW!

Spoken like a true pvp player. For those of us trying to get VR characters though in questing zones, YOU CANNOT DO A SINGLE SOLO DUNGEON BY YOURSELF.

It took over 15 VR9 folks that I was with to complete a single dolem today in zone and we wiped over 15 times. People are now having to group for solo dungeon missions and large groups are now having to team up to do simple quests. Besides giving the NPC's health and damage increases, they decreased our damage amount on main weapons, took away a significant amount of bash damage and left no other viable damage abilities for sword and shield heavy armor players (couldn't take on more than 3 mob npcs in zone before without ultimate, now can't take on 2) and have all but essentially doomed healers from getting to VR10 solo as they now need a group to do simple things.

This NPC update (aside from pvp zone) is a complete disaster as it destroys any sense of solo play in the VR zones. You CANNOT do them without a group. Period. On day one the zone chat is filled with requests for mass groups to grind all quests in the zone. Instead of those making it on their own time, we have now encouraged folks to join mass groups, roll the quests, and push to VR10 as it is unbearable to do so alone. (just watch a group of 8 VR10 folks wipe on a dolem 15 times as I write this)

Fix on hotfix asap. You don't have to in pvp zone, or craglorn, but general questing zone is for TES fans. Not elitist WoW and Dark Soul players.
    Edited by KraidenDove on May 23, 2014 5:48AM
    Options
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    I AM PvPer btw...

My post only concerns PvP. This thread is in the Alliance War section. Therefore talking about things outside of Cyrodiil is irrelevant.
    Indeed it is so...
    Options
  • Garetth
    Garetth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I AM PvPer btw...

My post only concerns PvP. This thread is in the Alliance War section. Therefore talking about things outside of Cyrodiil is irrelevant.

As are you.
    Options
  • DivinePo
    DivinePo
    Soul Shriven
    Garetth wrote: »
    I AM PvPer btw...

As are you.

Sigh... Good job behaving like a 5 years old.
    No, wait. My friend's 5 years old son acts more maturely than that.
    Options
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I AM PvPer btw...

So all I have to do is stand in Cyrodiil and I can talk about whatever I want and it will all be relevant? Sweet!

I like cornbread! :grinning:

Anyway, it's really not a good idea to simply ignore the larger picture like you're doing there. If you went and destroyed half a building, you're not going to simply be forgiven for it because you managed to fix a leaky faucet in the process. Same thing applies here. It may be true that it is now too difficult to solo capture things (for now), but high level PvE is apparently broken as well now. Like it or not, the vast majority of MMO players are PvEers. They leave and ZOS loses the funds they need to balance and improve the game, including the PvP.

I've also seen posts about PvE in Cyrodiil being affected similarly. Those were difficult enough as they were, especially with enemy players that like to sit around and wait for people trying to get that content done.

But putting aside the PvE aspect, just how tough are these guards and whatnot? Preventing solo captures is one thing. Preventing large group captures is quite another.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
    Options
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    WEll until I can get into a PvP server (EUrozone shutdown at moment) IDK how strong the guards are at the moment. If they are OP then that is an issue. HOwever it is unlikely that VR10+ would have problems at all.

Again... you are posting in Alliance War section. If you want to talk PvE then post in general forums.
    Indeed it is so...
    Options
  • Lupinemw
    Lupinemw
    ✭✭✭
    Just as a reminder the whole PvP zone is PvP. Just because it has PvE elements doesn't mean your going to pass some friendly opposition team in a Dungeon that says Hi hows things..

These groups live around the imperial city area and are used to be rooted out, they are the best of the best here. No sunday school Navy Seals but tough nuts..

I think its good, least now you don't have to worry that your newly taken tower is going to be retaken by a group of under level 50's.

If you want to run around solo in the PvP zone even better, more notches on my belt..
    Elysium
    EU Casual Mature Daggerfall Covenant Guild

Would you like to know more?! Check us out below
    elysium-eso.guildlaunch.com
    Options
  • Awe
    Awe
    ✭✭✭
    Well, thanx for worsen even more underdog campains.not enough ppl just to kill guards, taking keep, defended by players - almost impossible.
    and 1464 damage from mage npc to 1800++ spell resist vet player,.. cool joke!.
    Options
  • zombie2kornout
    KraidenDove,

I know you were not looking for this response, but that is great! Anything that encourages grouping in an MMO is welcome by me. :-)
    Options
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dahter wrote: »
    I'm not sure about anyone else, but I am severely annoyed that the npc's are able to just completely destroy you. From what I've seen and experienced so far, the npcs are doing double the damage they did before, and have double the health. Also, the mercenaries that players put down, are stronger as well!!, which is ridiculous. 20 of those mage mercenaries would take down an unorganized zerg easily. I thought cyrodiil was about pvp, not having to fight these tough guards... It just seems stupid to me. Express your opinions freely! I'd like to hear them

Increasing PvE obstacles to Keep objectives does not strike me as an effective way of adding to PvP.

I don't feel overly impacted by this change as my favourite forms of PvP did not take place around the guards; however, it still strikes me as a poorly considered idea.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
    Options
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »
    Increasing PvE obstacles to Keep objectives does not strike me as an effective way of adding to PvP.

I don't feel overly impacted by this change as my favourite forms of PvP did not take place around the guards; however, it still strikes me as a poorly considered idea.

...it is there to save you from the DOOM of VR12s who would just /roflstomp over the entire map singehandedly.
    Indeed it is so...
    Options
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »

...it is there to save you from the DOOM of VR12s who would just /roflstomp over the entire map singehandedly.

You mean the players that have the highest stats and therefor take the least damage from these newly buffed NPCs?

I enjoy fighting players, even if they are stronger than me.
    NPCs destroying lowbies who try to be active in PvP, on the other hand, holds no appeal to me.

Again, though, it is fortunate for me that I don't normally PvP in these areas -- personally I will not have to deal with the new guards.
    Edited by Samadhi on May 23, 2014 10:05AM
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Options
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    REalize it or not... this game is Vet vs Vet now. The balance therefore (having mixed VR/Non-VR) means that the abilities of NPCs will scale vs Vets now vs everyone at launch.

Without it... PvP would be a joke if one VR12 could solo the map.
    Indeed it is so...
    Options
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    REalize it or not... this game is Vet vs Vet now. The balance therefore (having mixed VR/Non-VR) means that the abilities of NPCs will scale vs Vets now vs everyone at launch.

Without it... PvP would be a joke if one VR12 could solo the map.

Then I suppose the zergs can fight NPCs and everyone can call it PvP.
    Options
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    the Zergs will fight both NPC AND players. Please try to remember the first week of PvP and this game. That is the "vision" that is trying to be achieved here.

If you dont' believe that NPCs should be in PvE then I cannot help you. However this is Cyrodiil... a mix of PvP and PvE combat... this isnt' a MOBA.
    Indeed it is so...
    Options
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind the NPC guards around keeps etc. Probably I wouldn't be too upset at them being buffed - even stupidly buffed.

But they should NOT respawn in the middle of a fight ffs!
    Once they are dead they should stay dead, not pop back up behind you, now with twice the power and twice the healing.
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
    Options
  • Nidwin
    Nidwin
    ✭✭✭
    More NPC's and stronger NPC's is for the PRO's. For all those PRO's that left Warhammer after 1.4.X when all the NPC's were taken away from the lakes.

Noobs like thar Nid fight players and only players
    PRO's fight players + NPC's, that's why they are the PRO's of course..

edit 1
    woops, messed up it seems
    /sarcasm off

It's not as bad as I thought it would be in AvA with all those NPC's. AI has improved a lot over the years and I've to say those NPC's at keep and objectives do add some flavor to fights. With mid-scale to large scale fights I often can't immediately tell if I'm looking at an NPC or a real player. It takes me a second or third look when everything goes fast during a fight.

If they can keep improving the NPC's AI and add some more variety and randomness it could even become very interesting in the long run.
    Edited by Nidwin on May 23, 2014 11:31AM
    Nidwinqq Templar (healzzz) United Warhammer Vets
    Nidwinqq RR100 Magus till the end, R.I.P. Badlands
    Options
  • morf87
    morf87
    ✭✭✭
    Guard damage does seem to be crazy high, my vet1 sorc with capped resists takes hits of 1k+ from mage guards and not to mention mage guards can bomb better then a Standard,talon spamming DK and through walls.
    I can deal with increase hp's but increase damage not cool especially for non vet players.
    Nidwin wrote: »
    More NPC's and stronger NPC's is for the PRO's. For all those PRO's that left Warhammer after 1.4.X when all the NPC's were taken away from the lakes.

I miss my shaman and warhammer pvp.
    Edited by morf87 on May 23, 2014 11:47AM
    Options
  • morf87
    morf87
    ✭✭✭
    Keep mage guard..shock torrent 509, shock torrent 713, storm damage 1851...and thats with immovable up buffing my resists to 2123 and if it means anything CLS shows the mage guard hit me 12 different times in a 8 second span however the death recap and how it actually happened was 3 hits..i can deal with the first 2 but 1851 ?? seems a little over the top..oh and not to mention the range at which the mage guard hit me from.
    Nerf Mage guards anyone ?
    Options
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My question is: How are low population realms supposed to take keeps back now?
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
    Options
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you dont' believe that NPCs should be in PvE then I cannot help you. However this is Cyrodiil... a mix of PvP and PvE combat... this isnt' a MOBA.

I think the NPCs are dumb, but in a practical sense I do not care; I do not PvP in these areas, and as such I won't be fighting them. I prefer small scale PvP out on the map and along reinforcement lines.
    If I wanted to fight NPCs, I wouldn't be out looking for PvP.

Making it so that lowbies get offed without getting to fight actual players, and requiring zergs in order to take what are meant to be PvP objectives is poorly executed though.
    It's as though purposeful steps are being taken to drive players into zerg play rather than build a system that promotes tactical play.

I just hope the population problems right now are result of people still getting their patches and checking out Craglron, rather than all the issues I have read about people not wanting to deal with the new NPCs.
    At the moment, out of all the active campaigns on NA servers only one alliance in one campaign has more than a single population bar -- This is the highest I have seen it at since I got the update installed last night.
    Options
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    My question is: How are low population realms supposed to take keeps back now?

by joining more populated servers. This is a war and to win wars you need numbers! Ebonhart Pact! Wabbajack!
    Options
  • nukeyoo
    nukeyoo
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't help but laugh last night when myself and a guildie w/ 2 lowbie randoms were breaking walls at Kingscrest last night while everyone else was distracted at Arrius and BRK. We got outer down and moved up on the wall to start on postern. Single NB snuck up to the wall while we were sieging and continuously placed as many Pact Mage's as he could as they aggro'd on us.

Needless to say the 6 or 7 pact mage's made short work of the lowbies and eventually got the better of us. I got the NB tho :disagree:

Annoying at the time but I can see it being wholly better to prevent those small groups from ze keep ninja... Stock up on the pact mages!

mage.gif
    - done w/ it
    Options
  • Shadrail
    Shadrail

What about offense?
    Options
  • NukaCola
    NukaCola
    ✭✭✭
    A skeleton warrior uppercutted me for 1680 dmg. Guess i need to L2P.
    Options
  • Dahter
    Dahter
    Soul Shriven
    The tower mages are the main problem, their range is ridiculous, and they hit hard, I've had one hit me for 1400 damage, and I'm a vr9 with spell resist at 1924..
    Options
  • KraidenDove
    KraidenDove
    ✭✭
    Like it or not this is a PVE issue in PVP content zones. VR10 players like myself were able to get to their ranks by grinding quickly in the month post launch. Now, a huge population of the game that was on that track line has been stonewalled by extremely increased damage zones.

I DON'T WANT TO KEEP FIGHTING THE SAME 10 VR10-12 FOLKS forever!

I am a huge supporter of the VR 5 npcs now in keeps as they were far too easy to take. However, as it is now close to bloody impossible for the mass of players working their way to take on these enemies to get to their level by themselves in solo questing zones , ZOS just gave a massive pvp advantage to elite players and elite guilds. You want to keep fighting the same guys who have a part time job and play 24 hours a day forever, fine. I say let the low level guys at least have a shot at the title. Keep things interesting.
    Edited by KraidenDove on May 23, 2014 11:48PM
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    cyrodill is meant for grouping, not soloing. This increase in NPC power is a good thing. Now V10s cant simply rush in and AOE spam everything to death. lower-level people have an actual chance to have fun now, instead of being steamrolled every time they get attacked. and don't say "go level" because not everyone has the time to reach V10
    Options
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NookyZooky wrote: »
    ... lower-level people have an actual chance to have fun now, instead of being steamrolled every time they get attacked. and don't say "go level" because not everyone has the time to reach V10

Given the number of pre-50s I have seen complain about getting annihilated by the newly buffed NPCs, I don't think being steamrolled is off the list of concerns.
    Just now they get steamrolled by NPCs as well as players.
    Options