The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Whow, you didn't really buff Shades, you nerfed them hard!

ipkonfigcub18_ESO
ipkonfigcub18_ESO
✭✭✭
Group of 3 Mobs I could put the Shades on 1/3 and deal with 1/3 if the Shades aggro-ed all 3. Which ever one I hit turned to me.

Now the Shades go in and (you said you increased but I don't see a big change) and ALL 3/3 mobs turn to me as soon as I come out of sneak/stealth.

If you're going to blindside nerf abilities TELL YOUR PLAYERS IN PATCH NOTES, please.

Shades are no longer worth me sending in to groups of Mobs to stay alive. You've basically told me "3 mobs = group content only".

EDIT:
This is how the Shades "used" to work (below video). Now shades no longer keep the other 2+ mobs busy for the player to finish off the group. Once you start DPSing the 1/3 mobs the 2/3 turn to you and start fighting you as of today's patch. (undocumented in patch notes)
http://youtu.be/CngKfuVIErI
Edited by ipkonfigcub18_ESO on May 22, 2014 10:28PM
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can usually handle three mobs on my NB archer build. Four or more, I have to be creative. Crippling Grasp on one, knockback on the other, focus on the target with most effect (healer, usually, or dual wield).
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
    Options
  • Spidermonk
    Spidermonk
    ✭✭✭
    Unable to verify (as I'm patching) but if this is true...

Shades never were good at damage, perhaps 2% every attack (almost as useless as Lyris :P). They WERE good as a distraction to keep a mob busy while you focused elsewhere. (in combo with a mez vs 3 targets it made things workable). I also heard that the vanish is broken where the NPC's still target you.

This severely cuts down on our survivability in multi-mob fights.
    Options
  • ipkonfigcub18_ESO
    ipkonfigcub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    NB archer build

Good lord people . . . .
    Spidermonk wrote: »
    Unable to verify (as I'm patching) but if this is true...

Shades never were good at damage, perhaps 2% every attack (almost as useless as Lyris :P). They WERE good as a distraction to keep a mob busy while you focused elsewhere. (in combo with a mez vs 3 targets it made things workable). I also heard that the vanish is broken where the NPC's still target you.

This severely cuts down on our survivability in multi-mob fights.

True, they're not supposed to be good on Damage, they're supposed to keep the other mobs busy and occupied. Now? They no longer do that, period.

Today's patch burned two abilities for NBs into the ground.

ZOS - I'm ok with these nerfs, but you need to help us in the Survival area BAD. Hire some folks that enjoy developing AND PLAY MELEE in your game so we can get some real fixes for our class.

Options
  • Evergreen
    Evergreen
    ✭✭✭
    Group of 3 Mobs I could put the Shades on 1/3 and deal with 1/3 if the Shades aggro-ed all 3. Which ever one I hit turned to me.

Now the Shades go in and (you said you increased but I don't see a big change) and ALL 3/3 mobs turn to me as soon as I come out of sneak/stealth.

If you're going to blindside nerf abilities TELL YOUR PLAYERS IN PATCH NOTES, please.

Shades are no longer worth me sending in to groups of Mobs to stay alive. You've basically told me "3 mobs = group content only".

This has to be an mmo history first where the class that needed to be fixed the most gets the hardest nerfs instead.
    Options
  • fenweeneb18_ESO
    All those undocumented nerfs, modifying skills that didn't need to be modified yet not fixing those that obviously need it.. The game was enjoyable but it is definitly taking a turn for the worst.. They change things, do not tell you about it and won't refund your skill-points even when they say they will.. They developed a great game, and are destroying it so fast..
    Options
  • ipkonfigcub18_ESO
    ipkonfigcub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    All those undocumented nerfs, modifying skills that didn't need to be modified yet not fixing those that obviously need it.. The game was enjoyable but it is definitly taking a turn for the worst.. They change things, do not tell you about it and won't refund your skill-points even when they say they will.. They developed a great game, and are destroying it so fast..

Yep. And now when I hit V10 I'm pretty much done with the game. Forced group questing is about the dumbest thing I have ever seen come to a game. I enjoy soloing and grouping up for dungeons only. I like helping people, grouping and such, but forcing me to group to quest in an entire zone? Pff.

But yes to ignore the NB issues over and over and over in this game by the Ranged Player Base Developers has come to its end with me. If this is how these developers are going to favor the classes in this game, I see no reason to continue on after V10.

It can only get worse until they hire folks that enjoy playing melee classes in their own game.

Options
  • ipkonfigcub18_ESO
    ipkonfigcub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Added video to the original post showing how the Shades used to work in the game.
    Options
  • ipkonfigcub18_ESO
    ipkonfigcub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I currently am doing a quest where an NPC is following me around helping. So because Shades are completely useless in the game, I switched to Agony to Stun one of the mobs for 12sec.

Guess what happens? The NPC that's with me goes in and attacks the one I stunned.

What
    The
    Hell
    Is
    Wrong
    With
    You
    Zenimax

17120.jpg

Can't win with you, Zenimax. You truly, truly despise and hate Melee in your game with a passion.
    Edited by ipkonfigcub18_ESO on May 22, 2014 11:13PM
    Options
  • czar
    czar
    ✭✭✭✭
    i didn't get my hopes up for nb in this patch but this is worse than i thought
    stam scrub
    Options
  • ipkonfigcub18_ESO
    ipkonfigcub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    schip wrote: »
    i didn't get my hopes up for nb in this patch but this is worse than i thought

What's worse is we had to wait for all these so called fixes for NBs for a long time. Could have used them a long time ago - no we had to wait and wait. Then we get slammed with these undocumented changes along with nerfs.

If what I'm posting about is a bug, you can bet it'll be months before this company figures it out and reads the forums to address the issue.

I have a very large feeling that NBs, in their mind, would not be a popular class (aside from the fact no real thought went into its combat system).

I think NBs are finally done in this game. Yes, let's adjust he mob AI in the game, nerf NBs more (we were already nerfed with riddled bugs) and do some undocumented nerfing while we're at it. Totally makes sense.

This is why Blizzard keeps dominating the gaming industry and their games suck. How is that even possible in 2014....
    Options
  • Fl0g
    Fl0g
    Soul Shriven
    Evergreen wrote: »
    This has to be an mmo history first where the class that needed to be fixed the most gets the hardest nerfs instead.

You would think it would be rare but it has happened a lot. It's exactly what happens when a game doesn't have strict development parameters, regressive testing, and then nerfs according to committee.
    Options
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But the shade still appears.

This is obviously an oversight and must be nerfed at once.
    Options
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh gods this is bad. It's like Murphy's law, but amplified for the lolz.

I can imagine the flood of bug reports now... They better get their act together because this is getting ridiculous...
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
    Options
  • shinkicker444rwb17_ESO
    I used to play that way with Shades, I kinda liked the style but they were to weak and limiting, so I ended up dropping the skill. Before the patch I could successfully repeatedly stealth stunlock a group of 3 and only take ~25% damage - although sometimes things would go *** up and I'd come out with like 10% or die (couldn't do that at the start of VR content, it was Shades or bust then). Post patch, I'm kind of doubtful I will be able to do that with the way HP and Damage has been buffed on VR mobs.
    Options
  • binaryAegis
    This may not have been documented in the patch notes but I am sure that people from the pts had said that they were no longer targetable weeks ago.

IMO Summon Shade (and its morphs) has always struck me as being more of a boss tanking ability with its built in 15% damage reduction debuff that it places on whatever mob it is attacking.

All in all I'm not bothered by this change, especially since you can also look at it from the perspective that you don't have to worry about them getting killed by AoE attacks like Sorc Pets.
    Options
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just don't see how such a large company can consist of developers whom all LOVE cloth casters, and HATE melee players entirely. Is that a application question?

Hire some diversity... We need some melee love FFS!

Ps. Those are all what should be hot-fixes... Not "upcoming content". Wtf is wrong w/ this picture?
    Edited by bg22 on May 23, 2014 1:22AM
    Options
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In other words... Awesome. Putting my VR 10 nightblade on a shelf tn to collect dust... Time to roll a new "main" until I decide to cancel my sub.
    Edited by bg22 on May 23, 2014 1:28AM
    Options
  • Bloodless
    Bloodless
    ✭✭
    I have the summon two shades nerf and if I cast it too far away only one shade runs to the target then when that shade engages the target the second shade runs to the target but by the time it gets there already 4-7 seconds have passed.

summon shade lowest damaging useless "DoT" ever.
    Options
  • moXrox
    moXrox
    ✭✭✭

EDIT:
    This is how the Shades "used" to work (below video). Now shades no longer keep the other 2+ mobs busy for the player to finish off the group. Once you start DPSing the 1/3 mobs the 2/3 turn to you and start fighting you as of today's patch. (undocumented in patch notes)
    http://youtu.be/CngKfuVIErI

WTF.....is this a joke.

This is like hitting target dummies only.

Even as a lvl 10 the combat is more difficult and exciting.

Edited by moXrox on May 23, 2014 1:43AM
    Music Channel:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCQHvIypA0v70w4uu_ej8wyg/featured
    Tolkien Fantasy Music, Medieval, Pagan & Nordic Music Style
    Options
  • Phaedryn
    Phaedryn
    ✭✭✭
    Fl0g wrote: »
    Evergreen wrote: »

You would think it would be rare but it has happened a lot. It's exactly what happens when a game doesn't have strict development parameters, regressive testing, and then nerfs according to committee.

Agreed. Horrible design decisions coupled with sub par QC and this is what you get.
    Options
  • Junkogen
    Junkogen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you report the bug already? Any response?
    Options
  • elwhy
    elwhy
    ✭✭✭
    Cydogg wrote: »
    This may not have been documented in the patch notes but I am sure that people from the pts had said that they were no longer targetable weeks ago.

IMO Summon Shade (and its morphs) has always struck me as being more of a boss tanking ability with its built in 15% damage reduction debuff that it places on whatever mob it is attacking.

All in all I'm not bothered by this change, especially since you can also look at it from the perspective that you don't have to worry about them getting killed by AoE attacks like Sorc Pets.

If the idea of summoning a shade was just to knock down an enemy's damage percent, then why summon a shade at all? Why not just cast something? I'm not arguing with you, because this could be Zenimax's purpose, but if they're going to send a shade at someone then it should capture the target's attention (like it did before). This is such a ridiculous/stupid change.
    Options
  • shamsb14a_ESO
    I currently am doing a quest where an NPC is following me around helping. So because Shades are completely useless in the game, I switched to Agony to Stun one of the mobs for 12sec.

Guess what happens? The NPC that's with me goes in and attacks the one I stunned.

Pets and companion NPCs are brain-dead in this game. I have the same problem with sorc pets pulling random mobs, attacking the CC'd mob, or just standing there doing nothing while I fight. It's so bad w/ sorc pets that you don't dare bring them out in group content or they'll run around and agro the whole damned place.
    Options
  • OkieDokie
    OkieDokie
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, but I really want to know..What's the addon you're using for combat? The one displaying damage?

Edited by OkieDokie on May 23, 2014 1:51AM
    People keep saying they heard of a friend of friend of friend of their neighbors that plays a NB and can catch up with dks and sorcs and this guy just never shows up. He would be a rock star if he existed.
    Options
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can usually handle three mobs on my NB archer build. Four or more, I have to be creative. Crippling Grasp on one, knockback on the other, focus on the target with most effect (healer, usually, or dual wield).

This only works when the keys you press actually trigger the command. I often have to double hit a key to get a nightblade command to trigger. Oddly, this doesn't happen when I play my dk.
    Options
  • ipkonfigcub18_ESO
    ipkonfigcub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    wrlifeboil wrote: »

This only works when the keys you press actually trigger the command. I often have to double hit a key to get a nightblade command to trigger. Oddly, this doesn't happen when I play my dk.

ya the amount of broken issues with Nightblades and the total neglect by Zenimax is probably the worst I have ever seen by a gaming company.

I have to spam keys just to ensure my abilities go off. I feel like I'm in WoW
    Options
  • ipkonfigcub18_ESO
    ipkonfigcub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    OkieDokie wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but I really want to know..What's the addon you're using for combat? The one displaying damage?
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info281-CombatCloud.html
    Options
  • ipkonfigcub18_ESO
    ipkonfigcub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Junkogen wrote: »
    Did you report the bug already? Any response?

Any nightblade bugs reported in this game end up in China....
    Options
  • ipkonfigcub18_ESO
    ipkonfigcub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I used to play that way with Shades, I kinda liked the style but they were to weak and limiting, so I ended up dropping the skill. Before the patch I could successfully repeatedly stealth stunlock a group of 3 and only take ~25% damage - although sometimes things would go *** up and I'd come out with like 10% or die (couldn't do that at the start of VR content, it was Shades or bust then). Post patch, I'm kind of doubtful I will be able to do that with the way HP and Damage has been buffed on VR mobs.

Well the Shades should never to tons of damage, they're an assistance to the Nightblade DW setup. It's very costly for us to restealth over and over to restun mobs. Though tonight the mobs do an insane amount more damage making 3 mobs for a Nightblade beyond difficult. The Shades helped assist us with this - now no longer do. When I switched to the next mob the Shades had done pretty much no damage.

And they're not tanks by any means, they can die easily so I have to be careful. They're not pets either, they're only out for 20+ seconds and I only use them on large pulls -because I'm in leather, I cannot take the damage of 3 mobs that easily.

After every fight with 2+ mobs I feel like Jack on "Lost"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ2AHDmSI_g&t=0m7s
    Edited by ipkonfigcub18_ESO on May 23, 2014 3:21AM
    Options
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wrlifeboil wrote: »

ya the amount of broken issues with Nightblades and the total neglect by Zenimax is probably the worst I have ever seen by a gaming company.

I have to spam keys just to ensure my abilities go off. I feel like I'm in WoW

You must have played WoW from a foreign country. Eso response to keystrokes seems worse than it was in BC.
    Options