The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.2 is available.

PTS Update 42 - Bug Reports for Scribing (Quest, Functionality, UI)

• alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ardriel wrote: »
    Can't get access to scribing because quest giver is invisible - still invisible after reload ui and new start of game :/

Same issue. I relogged and still doesn't show up. Abandoned quest and tried again, still invisible.
  • Sharrum
    Sharrum
    ✭✭✭
    Wing of the
    Crow
    bug:

Can't progress the quest, lighted up the braziers, quest objetive updated, companion mentioned door being pulled up, door still closed. Abandoning quest did not work, you end in the same position, braziers already lit, door closed. Log in and out doesnt work either.
  • eveboufa
    eveboufa
    ✭✭✭
    Sharrum wrote: »
    Wing of the
    Crow
    bug:

Can't progress the quest, lighted up the braziers, quest objetive updated, companion mentioned door being pulled up, door still closed. Abandoning quest did not work, you end in the same position, braziers already lit, door closed. Log in and out doesnt work either.

Same issue. I logged out of the game for a few minutes and it reset the wing’s quest. I re did the quest and same exact issue occurred. Unable to progress.
  • runa_gate
    runa_gate
    ✭✭✭✭
    the quest The Wing of the Gryphon has a quest marker in Cyrodiil for "collect aetherial shards" but there does not appear to be anything in that radius, including on the zombies or boss lich
  • RiverBrian
    RiverBrian
    ✭✭✭
    The wing of the crow quest

I lit the braziers and the gate won't open to proceed. I've abandoned the quest several times and even left for a while and still the same thing.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wing of the
    Crow
    bug:

Just ran into this!
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.

Loremaster’s Archive open for questions!
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, gate ain't raised.
    I ride in a zerg ball of one.
  • Perniciouss
    Perniciouss
    ✭✭✭
    Wing of the
    Crow
    bug:

Just ran into this!

Same here. First time, gate would not open. 2nd time through, same thing.
    Guild: Black Market Traders - One of the Oldest and Active Trading Guilds in Tamriel
    Guild: GL - Tamriel Fisherman's Guild - The oldest fishing guild in Tamriel. "There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore looking like an idiot."
  • avacd
    avacd
    ✭✭
    I just got to the mystery wing, and the bug that halts progess has hit me, too. Also, I tried to learn the scripts that I was given at the end of the tutorial, and it tells me that I do not own Scribing.
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Mender's Bond (Restoration Staff Grimoire) supposed to be the only Grimoire which doesn't change its name based on the selected Focus Script? I have no way of knowing whether it is intentional, but every other Grimoire changes its name based on the prefix of the equipped Focus Script.
    PC/NA — Lone Werewolf, the Templar Khajiit Werewolf

Werewolf Should be Allowed to Sneak
  • Perniciouss
    Perniciouss
    ✭✭✭
    Quest: The Wing of the Crow
    Wing of the
    Crow
    bug:

Just ran into this!

First time in, could see the 'focus' purple ring on the floor below with the atronauch roaming the area. Lit the braziers, ran down the stairs but the 'focus' ring disappeared.
    0wnk71tt2hzh.png
    No way to open door even though quests says 'Navigate the Labyrinthian'.

Deleted the quest and started over. Same scenario. Left area for a few hours, came back to reset. Triad again but door gate still not open. Logged out.

Came back into the game this morning, quest had reset. Went through the door, talked to all three '....Echo's of ..." and progressed once again through the door to the Labyrinthian. Because the prior two times the 'focus' ring had disappeared after I lit the braziers, this time instead I ran down the stairs without lighting the braziers to the focus ring. Was able to use the ring, dispel the ward, which then showed the book on the pedastal by the door with a interact arrow above it. I read the book. Then went back up and lit the braziers. Got the quest update message 'Navigate the Labyrinthian'. Went back down and the gate is still closed and cannot be opened.
    aeorcwem6jyz.png
    2wt3avfo4olh.png
    m69zkramjckz.png
    You can clearly see the gate is closed, the quest Task is "Navigate the Labyrinthian", and the 'Labyrinth' door behind the gate could be opened if the gate had opened.
    385izkdnvgzd.png

This is the last luminary wing and is incompletable.

In addition, as I have progressed through this scribing timeline, I have purchased the various 'Bound Focus Scripts', 'Bound Affix Scripts', and 'Bound Signature Scripts' but am unable to use them. I get the message, "You must own Scribing to use this item." I pre-purchased 'Gold Road' the day it was available to pre-purchase. I have completed all of the previous 'Wing of ...." quests, and have some items that can be used to Scribe and can interact with the Scribing station.
    un3jay5oo8kv.png

Please get this fixed so that I and the many other players that this is happening to can progress.

Guild: Black Market Traders - One of the Oldest and Active Trading Guilds in Tamriel
    Guild: GL - Tamriel Fisherman's Guild - The oldest fishing guild in Tamriel. "There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore looking like an idiot."
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if this is a bug or an exploit.

When collecting scripts from the Mages Guilds, if I pick up a script and then put it in the bank another copy of the same script immediately appears and I can pick that up too. Rinse and repeat endlessly. I picked up 3 copies of the same protection script on a visit to Vulkhel Guard Mages Guild.

A similar thing happens with Filer Ool. I bought a script. The script turned red in Filer Ool's shop, so I couldn't buy another one. I put the script I'd bought into the bank. On checking Filer Ool's shop the script was no longer red and another copy could be bought by that same character.
    Edited by RaddlemanNumber7 on 27 April 2024 13:35
    PC EU
  • Sylvia211264
    Sylvia211264
    ✭✭✭
    Wing of the Crow:
    Gate to the Labyrinthion is closed and does not open. No further Questprogress possible.
  • mbeetley_ESO
    mbeetley_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I received the affix, focus, and signature scripts after completing the intro quest, but I can't use them. Getting an error "You must own Scribing to use this item." I can interact with the Scribing altar and I have the one scribed skill from the intro quest, so I gather this is a bug.
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is the quest still broken (invisible npc) on character copies??
  • mbeetley_ESO
    mbeetley_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I completed the Netch's quest and the related items in the merchant appear unlocked, but I'm unable to purchase them. No error message, it just won't complete the purchase.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is the quest still broken (invisible npc) on character copies??

Has it even been acknowledged?
  • tigerWhiskers
    tigerWhiskers
    Soul Shriven
    Made two characters with the Scibing template. With both of them when I get to the point of making a script the entire game crashes with an error report (which I have submitted in case that gave some helpful information). Every time I attempt to log back into those characters the game crashes. Example of what I see on screen below. Both times I started making a script then exited the scribing screen (to check my build). An archive was created when I returned. One time the crash occurred when I made a totally different script than the archived one. The other crash occurred when I recreated the archive script.
    sppqsrza9086.jpg

Update: I turned off all my addons and made a new character to continue testing. Also I didn't exit the script creation screen prematurely. So far no crashes.
    Edited by tigerWhiskers on 28 April 2024 09:40
  • Aiura
    Aiura
    ✭✭
    Wing of the Gryphon
    Looking for the door to the Gryphon. Map shows a small circle in Riften and compass shows a marker to that circle entitled Take the Final Page (Below) when standing at the portal to the Solarium. I can find no door anywhere within the circle.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Luminous Ink is not dropping as described.

The patch notes and in-game collectible tooltips say it "rarely" drops/has a "low" drop chance from enemies (after completing Wing of the Indrik) and from harvesting resources (after completing Wing of the Netch). The drop chances are described with the same terms for both sources, so the rates should be comparable.

Over 1,115 enemies killed since completing Indrik: 0 ink
    1,002 survey nodes farmed since completing Netch: 0 ink
    1,003 non-survey nodes farmed since completing Netch: 6 ink (0.6%)

Plentiful Harvest procs on Ink: 0

Please make sure that enemies and survey nodes can actually drop Ink as promised and do so at reasonable rates. I would also suggest allowing Plentiful Harvest to proc on it.

Even with a 0.6% drop rate for all of these sources, it will be fairly expensive for players to engage very much with the new Scribing system in the short term. The rarer the Ink, the higher the price on the market or the longer it takes to farm for our own use. We already face a 450k gold barrier to buy the first set of Grimoires (100k per set per alt) and weeks or months in terms of grinding for character-bound scripts. Having to farm a couple hundred resources per Ink or buy it at consequently high prices will severely hinder our ability to actually use those Grimoires and scripts in the first place, especially for players who want to explore the 4,000 possibilities you're advertising.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Lags wrote: »
    could not proceed into the door to the scholarium when I got to the point in the quest. It says you are unable to travel to this area because it is locked, you can unlock this content by purchasing Gold Road. then it brings me to Purchase Gold Road, which says "purchased" because obviously, I already purchased it. So basically locked out on my main character, I'll have to see about a template.

I tried again with another character and the same thing happened to me.

0ysq92ls0olc.png

When I clicked on Upgrade, it showed me the Crown store where I had already purchased the Gold Road chapter. We are stuck in a loop here.

Which edition of Gold Road do you have pre-purchased?

cc: @Lags @LonePirate since you both ran into this issue too
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • This_0ne
    This_0ne
    ✭✭✭
    Achievement "Quite the Library"
    Chronicler Firandil have not Wield Soul Grimoire for selling in Scholarium.
    I am not shure but think Grimoire was reward for quest. It's Achievement cant be finished without it!
  • Lags
    Lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lags wrote: »
    could not proceed into the door to the scholarium when I got to the point in the quest. It says you are unable to travel to this area because it is locked, you can unlock this content by purchasing Gold Road. then it brings me to Purchase Gold Road, which says "purchased" because obviously, I already purchased it. So basically locked out on my main character, I'll have to see about a template.

I tried again with another character and the same thing happened to me.

0ysq92ls0olc.png

When I clicked on Upgrade, it showed me the Crown store where I had already purchased the Gold Road chapter. We are stuck in a loop here.

Which edition of Gold Road do you have pre-purchased?

cc: @Lags @LonePirate since you both ran into this issue too

umm its deff the deluxe upgrade. I mean i gave up on it days ago and just made a tempate char. I could get in fine on template chars, but on one of my normal characters brought over to the PTS i had that issue.
    Edited by Lags on 29 April 2024 21:00
  • swickelb16_ESO
    swickelb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'am not able to learn any scripts after finishing the indrik quet line. Getting an error "You must own Scribing to use this item."
    I have GOLD ROAD™ DIGITAL DELUXE.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still can't see the quest giver with my copied characters, I'd hoped yesterday's patch would fix it, but I'm not sure they're even aware of it.

Are the players testing the scribing system all using template characters or have they managed to get the quest going with copied characters?
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Still can't see the quest giver with my copied characters, I'd hoped yesterday's patch would fix it, but I'm not sure they're even aware of it.

Are the players testing the scribing system all using template characters or have they managed to get the quest going with copied characters?

Do you mean Adept Irnard Rirnil near the Mages Guild in Skingrad?

He was there for my copied character this morning, and I've started the Indrik quests OK.
    PC EU
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He was there for my copied character this morning, and I've started the Indrik quests OK.

Yes, he wasn't there for my copied US character who is level 33 with no CPs, and he's not there for my copied EU character who is level 50 with CPs. I know where he should be, because he's clearly marked on the compass and he was there when I tried a template character.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes, he wasn't there for my copied US character who is level 33 with no CPs, and he's not there for my copied EU character who is level 50 with CPs. I know where he should be, because he's clearly marked on the compass and he was there when I tried a template character.

I didn't get very far. Completed the Indrik's questline, but now I can't learn any scripts because "you must own Scribing" to do that :(
    PC EU
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I started the scribing quest line yesterday with a copied EU character yesterday. The NPC with the quest was visible and I was able to proceed through the first locked door that had blocked me in the original .0 patch. That locked door was fixed with last week’s .1 patch for my NA character. So far I have completed the Indrik quest with no issues. I am working my way right now through the Gryphon quest which had a blocker last week (the missing foxroot); but that has been fixed for me with this week’s .2 patch. Glad to see some progress but there are still things ahead to check again which were blocked as of last week.