Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773
We will be performing maintenance on the PTS on Wednesday at 3:00AM EDT (7:00 UTC).

PTS Update 42 - Bug Reports for Scribing (Quest, Functionality, UI)

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Please report any issues you run into while testing Scribing quests, UI and overall functionality of the system in this thread. In general, we prefer you to use /bug in-game but if you’d rather submit a report here, please give us as much information as possible, including screenshots and/or video if applicable. Thank you!
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on 16 April 2024 21:05
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Lags
    Lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cannot proceed into the door to the scholarium when i got to the point in the quest. It says you are unable to travel to this area because it is locked, you can unlock this content by purchasing gold road. then it brings me to purchase gold road, which says "purchased" because obviously i already purchased it. So basically locked out on my main character, ill have to see about a template.
    Options
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When doing the Quest Wing of the Dragon, after collecting the third fragment if you fast travel to the Scholarium it reverts quest progress back to the third fragment (which no longer exists). Resetting the quest to reperform it.
    Options
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I may be jumping the gun here but after accepting the quest and taking the initial portal to Sunnamere, the portal I jus exited from tells me I can take it to Rivenspire. Shouldn't it take me back to Skingrad?
    Options
  • Bekkr_Bear
    Bekkr_Bear
    Soul Shriven
    Cannot proceed into the door to the scholarium. need to purchase gold road, which i already have. so unable to actually try out scribbing, which is the only reason i was checking out the test server. normally i wait to be surprised. guess i will be surprised this time as well.
    Options
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lags wrote: »
    cannot proceed into the door to the scholarium when i got to the point in the quest. It says you are unable to travel to this area because it is locked, you can unlock this content by purchasing gold road. then it brings me to purchase gold road, which says "purchased" because obviously i already purchased it. So basically locked out on my main character, ill have to see about a template.

I tried the quest with an existing EP character copied over from the live NA server. I received the same upgrade message when trying to use the door and I cannot continue. I guess I will try a template character in case that makes any difference.
    Options
  • RiverBrian
    RiverBrian
    ✭✭✭
    I am using a current toon from the live. I got the same message. I abandoned the quest several times and reloaded and nothing changed. I created a max lvl toon, logged in and then logged back out to my main toon and was able to finally go through the door. Not sure if that fixed the problem or repeatedly abandoning the quest finally made it work. But that's what worked for me
    Options
  • DeathStalker
    DeathStalker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The wing of the dragon quest. Dispel the 3rd set of dragon wards. The wards are nowhere to be found. c9exo5vgwbg7.png
    Edited by DeathStalker on 17 April 2024 02:40
    Options
  • DeathStalker
    DeathStalker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To amend my post above. If I go to this place in this picture I can see it, but If I move toward it, then it disappears. dvpvknk8q0a9.png
    vc95hfexb893.png
    Options
  • Karminathevamp
    Karminathevamp
    ✭✭✭
    Lags wrote: »
    could not proceed into the door to the scholarium when I got to the point in the quest. It says you are unable to travel to this area because it is locked, you can unlock this content by purchasing Gold Road. then it brings me to Purchase Gold Road, which says "purchased" because obviously, I already purchased it. So basically locked out on my main character, I'll have to see about a template.

I tried again with another character and the same thing happened to me.

0ysq92ls0olc.png

When I clicked on Upgrade, it showed me the Crown store where I had already purchased the Gold Road chapter. We are stuck in a loop here.

Master Angler
    Options
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I created a new character using the Scribing template character. I'm not sure whether or not it was due to the template character or one of the boxes I opened up; but I was able to enter the Scholarium and complete the Wing of the Netch quest. I then logged out and logged into the previous copied character from the live server and he was able to enter the door as the upgrade message no longer displayed. I was able to complete the first scribing quest with it. I'd recommend trying that for anyone who can't get past the upgrade message.

As for the wards on the Dragon quest, the Netch quest had something similar. The wards were actually somewhat small icons or images displayed in the sky or on the walls not too far but not immediately close to the three original circles shown on your map. You should stand in place and perform a 360 degree turn until you see the image making sure you look above normal eye level and off into the distance sometimes. You may need to take a few steps before you will see it. Then you just need to approach it until you receive the prompt to dispel it. I didn't see a compass marker or map icon pointing me to the icon/image to dispel so between that and the unexpected locations for these things, I suspect there will be a lot of player confusion and grumbling when they try to complete these quests.
    Options
  • Telos_Tim
    Telos_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m noticing a lot of Gamepad errors, two off the top that I noticed were that the Scribing merchant, Chronicler Firandil would not allow me to “select” the Bound Affix Script: Courage using my A button on an Xbox Elite 2 controller after completing the required Netch quest.

The same problem occurred when trying to select the new Barbed Trap skill animation in the menu, it even gave me an UI Error: 576918BA that time.

Hopefully this gets fixed before console because they’re not going to be able to just switch to a mouse and keyboard to fix those problems.
    Options
  • Telos_Tim
    Telos_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also want to chime in on the final Scribing quest, I’m not gonna post any spoilers but there’s a part where you’re walking in the air, and your Focus will run out and the trail back to refresh it will disappear.

When this happens, if you fall down, sometimes the sigils will not come back, and your guide will just stop halfway and it becomes a nightmare guessing game with Wall of Elements.

Please fix this quest.
    Options
  • Shinzu_Pentra
    Shinzu_Pentra
    ✭✭
    Gryphon Wing:

the quest marker to dispel the ward of the blizzard points to vardenfell, when in fact you dispel it directly in the wing
    Options
  • Shinzu_Pentra
    Shinzu_Pentra
    ✭✭
    Quite the library achievement:

Wield Soul cannot be purchased from the vendor or?
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    While doing the quest for opening up the Scholarium, the Flickering Image has a rather large mismatch between the spoken dialog and the text that appears. The text is fragmented like the speech is supposed to be fading in and out or otherwise distorted, but the actual sound for the speech is clear and complete.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
    Options
  • Telos_Tim
    Telos_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭
    After heading over to Belkarth to test the new “The Shadow Queen’s Cowl” mythic, I got caught by a guard and saw a Footpad marked on the map, so I ran up and activated them yet nothing happened.

Not sure if it’s mythic related, or if Footpads are now broken in Belkarth or in general, but it’s worth looking into.
    Options
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The wing of the dragon quest. Dispel the 3rd set of dragon wards. The wards are nowhere to be found. c9exo5vgwbg7.png

Same thing is happening to me. I'm going to wait about 20 minutes for the realm to reset and then try it again. If that don't work, then I'll abandon this part and start over with the Dragon quest to see what happens.
    Options
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadowy Creita got left in my inventory after the quest, The solved Dragon riddles lists to kill 25 beats but the quest only needs 15, Uflsid's Echo of Charity is floating in the air a bit unlike the other Echos on the last quest, Mementos of a Fallen Soldier are lacking a quest icon.

ks6j0vrbjga8.png
    0mr8wjuwgzs4.png
    1uy7vzljxyak.png
    cnjxry60ua38.png

Options
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah the wards at Fort Grimwatch for the Wing of the Dragon quest are not displaying for my NA server EP character. I may try it on the template character as this quest is now dead in the water. The book makes reference to something south of Willowgrove but there is nothing there at all and there are no map or compass markers, either. I don't know if that is also bugged or if the book needs to have that section removed because it leads nowherre.
    Options
  • FabresFour
    FabresFour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the first line of this scene is not voice acted sprkjwesbrdq.png
    @FabresFour - 2075 CP
    Director and creator of the unofficial translation of The Elder Scrolls Online into BR-Portuguese.
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct me if im wrong, but the sorc passive to increase shock dmg by 5% did not seem to apply, atleast not to tooltips, onto shock scribed skills on the pts.
    Edited by olsborg on 19 April 2024 09:05

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • Cast_El
    Cast_El
    ✭✭✭✭
    :*
    Edited by Cast_El on 19 April 2024 16:56
    Options
  • Margravigne
    Doing first part of Scribing Quest, while in the Scholarium:

Closing the doors; the 3rd door had no dialogue (central, no totem animal above) but the 4th door is marked Gryphon and a Fox line fired instead ("oh, no, is someone there?")

Indrik, Netch and Dragon doors all had correctly labelled dialogue.

EDIT: Ah, never mind :D
    Edited by Margravigne on 19 April 2024 01:27
    Options
  • Margravigne
    Also having the issue mentioned above by others in Wing of the Dragon Quest:

Get to the Fort to dispel wards for third Key Fragment, can only see the markers for the points to use the eyepiece if I'm a certain distance from them, they disappear if I get closer.

tcj1xslqowef.png
    c4l9iqdv74cn.png

Going to log off and try again later without dropping quest.

UPDATE: Logged back in 24hrs later, still same issue. Will try dropping quest now, and restarting it.

SECOND UPDATE: Dropped and restarted quest, same issue. Dropped quest again, waited overnight, completed remaining luminary quests and reattempted Dragon, still the same issue. Will try again after patch.
    Edited by Margravigne on 21 April 2024 10:34
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Correct me if im wrong, but the sorc passive to increase shock dmg by 5% did not seem to apply, atleast not to tooltips, onto shock scribed skills on the pts.

After further testing, it does apply to the dmg of the skill, just not the tooltip.

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • Ardriel
    Ardriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't get access to scribing because quest giver is invisible - still invisible after reload ui and new start of game :/
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ardriel wrote: »
    Can't get access to scribing because quest giver is invisible - still invisible after reload ui and new start of game :/

Same here. I have the quest by clicking on Scribing in Collections with my level 33 character from Live, which is stated to qualify for Scribing even tho' I don't have any champion points on that account/server (patch notes state character must have CPs or be level 30), but the quest giver isn't visible in the location shown on the compass.
    Options
  • RiverBrian
    RiverBrian
    ✭✭✭
    Finding the 3rd set of ward at fort I'm reapers March for the dragon quest. The areas don't appear. First attempt I talked to all the friends and found the locations. Entered fort from the north and the purple areas are not visible. Abandoned quest and restarted, this time I did not talk to to friends and entered fort from the south with the same results.
    Options
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adding my "ditto" to the third wards for the Dragon at Fort Grimwatch. The focal points are only visible from far away. In fact, I only can find one, and I have to be down in the cavern in front of Khaj Rawlett (sp) before I can see it. Advancing out of the cavern makes the point disappear (as documented above by Death Stalker).
    I ride in a zerg ball of one.
    Options
  • T_agg
    T_agg
    Soul Shriven
    When making a scribing templated character with gamepad ui some of the boxes like affixes, grimoires etc didnt show up in the inventory until swapping to mnk ui ;-; apologies couldnt get any photos.
    Options