Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

PTS Update 42 - Bug Reports for Scribing (Quest, Functionality, UI)

• K_G
    K_G
    ✭✭
    The drop rate of ink from enemies has to be bugged. They literally don't drop at all. I tried Skyreach, all the zones in the scribing quest, West Weald in particular, the new trial - nothing. I know someone has been able to get drops from regular harvesting nodes - not surveys - and that the drop rate is really questionable. It would be nice to know if they're aware of this bug or if this is actually intended.

I'm not really sure how the devs want us to use the new system when it hits live without the currency. The ink you get from the quests is enough for 1/3 of the skills on one character.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did the intro quest on a template character, got up to the bit where the Crow is walking you through Scribing your first Grimoire and the book didn’t show up in the UI. Work around was to log out and log back in and that made it appear.

Not related except for occurring in the same quest, but the magic construct things we fight in the intro shouldn’t exist at that point, the Gryphon hadn’t made them yet.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • Kromwell63
    Kromwell63
    ✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    Finally finished the entire Scribing questline. All of the previous issues with the quests which I had encountered during the past two weeks appear to be resolved.

The current problem I now have is the one shown above about receiving a message that I muse own scribing when I try to use/learn a script. It does not seem to matter if the script is purchased or obtained as part of a quest reward from the scribing quests or from the various daily quests that reward them now. Scripts from both sources are generating the error.

Hi I had the same problem, completed the entire scribing quest on a regular character. Solution for me was to make a template char, you can select one with scribing in its template name. Logged in outside the portal to the scholarium, went in. Headed inside, message said scribing unlocked, was able to test trample. Logged out and back to my first regular char, and all the scripts I hadnt been able to use now worked. Hope this is helpful.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another scribing-dominated patch, and still Adept Irnard is invisible to my copied level 50 character (355 CPs).

I'm still not aware whether ZOS acknowledges that some players have this problem.
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When in the scribing UI there is a visual bug with the backdrop; the glowing columns are not getting blurred properly:
    wl1gdqih6xjt.png
    (Screenshot from Skinnycheeks stream)
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Another scribing-dominated patch, and still Adept Irnard is invisible to my copied level 50 character (355 CPs).

I'm still not aware whether ZOS acknowledges that some players have this problem.

Yeah, I don't think I've seen any acknowledgement of the issue. I won't even bother this week trying I guess. I'm not going to through the hassle of creating a template character for it.

@ZOS_GinaBruno You guys are aware of this, right? It's 4 weeks of not working.
    Edited by alternatelder on 6 May 2024 23:19
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the class script scraps actually dropping since last PTS patch?

I have tried every type of event (except Trials) and have not been able to get them to drop. I have unlocked all wings but also tried just on the Indrik wing but cannot get a single one to drop.

Anyone else know what is going or the exact quest unlocks I need?
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are the class script scraps actually dropping since last PTS patch?

I have tried every type of event (except Trials) and have not been able to get them to drop. I have unlocked all wings but also tried just on the Indrik wing but cannot get a single one to drop.

Anyone else know what is going or the exact quest unlocks I need?

If you made a CP3600 scribing template character the achievement for class mastery scraps will have completed. You won't be able to get anymore scraps.

That's what happened to me.
    PC EU
  • LaLiLu
    LaLiLu
    Soul Shriven
    Quest part "air walk in Labirithion" is broken. I'm stuck on the second platform.
    1 Try 2-3 days ago: felt down, reappeared at the beginnig of the second walk. There was no way to trigger the fox to start running.
    2 Try today: i have to start the quest from the beginning (but there was a small patch in between, so maybe that was the reason). On the second air path interracted with the two first sigils - fox went for the second part. Then i was probably to slow, managed only one sigil, then the others desappeared. What also desappeared is the first part of the air path. Only solution was to fall down. Problem: you can trigger the fox now (problem solved by the small patch?), but he only goes to the first stop point. There are no sigils, nothing you can do. The further path exists but is invisible. I tried multiple times to fall down and start the path again - same. Logging out and back in diddnt reseted the quest this time, but there is no way to continue.

It would be also good, to made the air path better visible. Violett clouds over the bluish backgroud are hard to see (for me at last).
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    v10.0.4 - The "walking on air" quest also failed to reset for me when my character fell off the path.

The crow's questline reset, sort of, after I quit the game and then started it up again about an hour later. On logging in I found my character was back in the Scholarium. I had to go into the Archmage's Wing and repeat some early stages of the questline (but not all). Once I got back into Labirithian the sky walking quest had reset properly and I completed it OK.
    PC EU
  • ZOS_JasonBarnes
    ZOS_JasonBarnes
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback thus far! We have the issue with the Dragon Quest tracked and should have a fix in an upcoming PTS. It appears most likely to happen if you've completed the objective in the base game in that area. There's not a work around at the moment, except to wait for the fix, but it is coming!

Jason Barnes
    Zone Lead
    Staff Post
  • Anthonyr87
    Anthonyr87
    ✭✭✭
    wing of the gryphon quest is bugged for me. the shard doesnt spawn in cyrodil.
  • L0KHIR
    L0KHIR
    ✭✭
    LaLiLu wrote: »
    Quest part "air walk in Labirithion" is broken. I'm stuck on the second platform.
    1 Try 2-3 days ago: felt down, reappeared at the beginnig of the second walk. There was no way to trigger the fox to start running.
    2 Try today: i have to start the quest from the beginning (but there was a small patch in between, so maybe that was the reason). On the second air path interracted with the two first sigils - fox went for the second part. Then i was probably to slow, managed only one sigil, then the others desappeared. What also desappeared is the first part of the air path. Only solution was to fall down. Problem: you can trigger the fox now (problem solved by the small patch?), but he only goes to the first stop point. There are no sigils, nothing you can do. The further path exists but is invisible. I tried multiple times to fall down and start the path again - same. Logging out and back in diddnt reseted the quest this time, but there is no way to continue.

It would be also good, to made the air path better visible. Violett clouds over the bluish backgroud are hard to see (for me at last).

I am also stuck here on live and thus can't continue
  • Dorpy
    Dorpy
    ✭✭
    Cannot find the item in Deadlands for Wing of the Gryphon.

Quest does not have valid quest markers.
  • Crismac
    Crismac
    ✭✭✭
    I am getting an inventory bug with scripts when depositing items in the bank. When I scroll down the list and reach the scripts. My entire inventory goes invisible.
  • Crismac
    Crismac
    ✭✭✭
    I found the issue. Using a controller and having these 3 addons active Votan's Fish Fillet, Votan's Fisherman, and Votan's Fisherman Export causes the supply and banking inventory to go blank when you hover over scripts. I deactivated those 3 and everything works fine using the mouse or controller FYI if someone else has this issue.