The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Show off your High Elves!

• Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Olauron @Cirantille I will do a warden.
    Well my 2 ladies do not really have a lore friendly name so I guess it is time to make one with the altmer warden ice mage.
    I am so bad at names tho :lol:

UESP page is really great for this, you can mix and match parts of names and voila you have a new lore friendly name :)
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Folkb wrote: »
    Olauron wrote: »
    Olauron, Mathiisen Canonreeve. Just an altmer.
    RdTsyj8.jpg

Gilgonnar, a 16 year old servant girl of Kinlady Estre. Later in 4th era she is a grandmother and an innkeeper.
    FC9USaY.jpg

Welrielle-a, translated "I (am) sky beauty", is a Direnni elf (named due to the help of Laloriaran Dynar in the Battle of Glenumbra Moors).
    kqvEI9g.jpg

Chim-el Varlamir (previously Varlamir, also known as Varla Racuvar), as a son of Hadhuul he is the last Fire King of Ceyatatar, a High Priest of Magnus and a commander of Celethelel the Singer in the battle with Pelinal. He is not an altmer, but an ayleid.
    dH8SxOP.jpg

Fasilmare is a seamer (ship mage during the 2nd era, senior ship mage during the 3rd era, rogue captain during 4th era). He is half-altmer and half-ayleid.
    9o3as1X.jpg

Sealady Isadora (an ice witch) is actually a maormer.
    LPcoMDV.jpg

Ayem Valor is not really an altmer, as she is daughter of Almalexia and Salas Valor, who was born before she was conceived and is just a guest in the 2nd era. She will return to the 4th, when the time will be linear again.
    zFjQysL.jpg

Celehane is a grandson of Celethelel the Singer (and thus 1/4 ayleid and 3/4 altmer), who was taken by the same time rift as his soul mate Ayem.
    T7IFtkK.jpg

How do you figure out altmer names and what they mean? I wanted to give my altmer a more rp friendly name.

Just as @BlueRaven I use existing names as a starting point and then modify them if necessary (using common patterns as anca-, cele-, -ndil, -nil, etc.). For names of ayleid origin I use this page.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • runa_gate
    runa_gate
    ✭✭✭✭
    irredeemably-bananners-a-very-high-elf.png
  • Folkb
    Folkb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    RdTsyj8.jpg

Gilgonnar, a 16 year old servant girl of Kinlady Estre. Later in 4th era she is a grandmother and an innkeeper.
    FC9USaY.jpg

Welrielle-a, translated "I (am) sky beauty", is a Direnni elf (named due to the help of Laloriaran Dynar in the Battle of Glenumbra Moors).
    kqvEI9g.jpg

Chim-el Varlamir (previously Varlamir, also known as Varla Racuvar), as a son of Hadhuul he is the last Fire King of Ceyatatar, a High Priest of Magnus and a commander of Celethelel the Singer in the battle with Pelinal. He is not an altmer, but an ayleid.
    dH8SxOP.jpg

Fasilmare is a seamer (ship mage during the 2nd era, senior ship mage during the 3rd era, rogue captain during 4th era). He is half-altmer and half-ayleid.
    9o3as1X.jpg

LPcoMDV.jpg

Ayem Valor is not really an altmer, as she is daughter of Almalexia and Salas Valor, who was born before she was conceived and is just a guest in the 2nd era. She will return to the 4th, when the time will be linear again.
    zFjQysL.jpg

Celehane is a grandson of Celethelel the Singer (and thus 1/4 ayleid and 3/4 altmer), who was taken by the same time rift as his soul mate Ayem.
    T7IFtkK.jpg

How do you figure out altmer names and what they mean? I wanted to give my altmer a more rp friendly name.

I use this as a starting point and modify it a bit if needed.

https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Names

Do they need surnames as well? I might remake my name.

I named mine Ahmelyse not sure if that was lore friendly enough.
    Edited by Folkb on 4 August 2021 17:40
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RdTsyj8.jpg

FC9USaY.jpg

kqvEI9g.jpg

dH8SxOP.jpg

9o3as1X.jpg

LPcoMDV.jpg

zFjQysL.jpg

T7IFtkK.jpg

It is OK to have an altmer name without a surname, but if you want, you can add it (see Vanus Galerion, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri).
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RdTsyj8.jpg

FC9USaY.jpg

kqvEI9g.jpg

dH8SxOP.jpg

9o3as1X.jpg

LPcoMDV.jpg

zFjQysL.jpg

T7IFtkK.jpg

Still better than mine wich are named Lady Galadhiel (main) and Lady Nature (warden)
    Yea I know I am not good at it...
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • carthalis
    carthalis
    ✭✭✭
    My main is a high elf magplar

carthalis.jpg
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RdTsyj8.jpg

FC9USaY.jpg

kqvEI9g.jpg

dH8SxOP.jpg

9o3as1X.jpg

LPcoMDV.jpg

zFjQysL.jpg

T7IFtkK.jpg

There is that quest in Summerset about the duel, where the High elf has this ridiculously long name. So high elf names can be quite long.

But that does not necessarily mean the name you put on your character needs to be that long. Your character name could be the “familiar” name, the name other people may call your character.

For example, a character could be called “Maximilian Fredrick Wilhelm Olmstead” but if everyone just calls them “Max”, then just having a character called “Max” would be sufficient. Just translate that to high elf names.

Edit: Your name sounds great to me!
    Edited by BlueRaven on 4 August 2021 18:04
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks for starting this thread, @Lady_Galadhiel! Always appreciate seeing everyone's creations. Some stylish High Elves in this thread!
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Fenris_Arainai
    Fenris_Arainai
    ✭✭✭✭
    So many beautiful Altmet here <3

Due to limited number of character slots, some of mine are now "diseased", but here are my two survivors.

One of my most important characters, Lannorian. Born to an aristocratic family from Sommerset, left without a word not to bring shame to them when he was attacked & changed. He's a vampire. Confused & ridden with guilt after each feeding, he finally found a new family, Fennorian & Verandis, who taught him the right ways.

(I know what you're thinking but his name and look are a coincidence. I only enhanced it with the hair when I realised :D )

UWWFdhi.png

And Noremo Noroldilnor. With such a name, of course he's a high born Altmer. But instead of going to the College of Sapiarchs, he set off for adventure. Got even more adventurous after meeting a cocky Daedric relic hunter. She teases by him calling him "Chimer Golden Boy".

4gYg3iO.png
    Glory to you and your Dunmer House!
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RdTsyj8.jpg

FC9USaY.jpg

kqvEI9g.jpg

dH8SxOP.jpg

9o3as1X.jpg

LPcoMDV.jpg

zFjQysL.jpg

T7IFtkK.jpg

Altmers have very long surnames since they care about their ancestry and carry their names
    So they usually do not show surnames in game
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Okay. Haven't played her at all yet, though, except to level riding skills.

EzRndJR.jpg
    Edited by cyclonus11 on 4 August 2021 18:33
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @runa_gate
    Great looking high elf,thanks for sharing :)
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @carthalis A high elf with a nord touch,very interesting!
    Thanks for posting.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin
    Always nice to see other people's characters :)
    I know we have a fashion megathread but highlighting each race individually and bringing together people who may not just focus only on the look but also on the backstory makes it special and each character unique.

Also my Khajiit thread is also for IRL cats lovers,2 things combined in one :blush:
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Fenris_Arainai You have beautiful high elves yourself!
    Great to see a vampire high elf,also that outfit goes really well with the look of him.
    Nice combination,I really like them both.
    Thanks for posting :)
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @cyclonus11 Looking amazing in the high elf hero outfit <3 Interesting to see the skin tone you did choose,I can see that on a lot of NPCs but less on other players characters.
    Tthanks for posting :smiley:
  • Chips_Ahoy
    Chips_Ahoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.jpg
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Chips_Ahoy
    Oh a savage one :smile: Nice to see a different style for an altmer.
    Thanks for sharing ☺️
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    this is Cilenyaen, who's my most recent OC. She loves singing and gourmet cooking, being a pro at the former and beginner at the latter. She makes her living performing music at tavern venues and things like that.
    She's not combat oriented at all but knows a little bit of ice destruction magic, mainly as an artistic outlet making ice sculptures and stuff. ESO is full of combat so I just play her as an ice magicka warden.

GFwpyXq.png

and this is a screenshot I got after a pledge that I thought looked really cool. She would never go to a place like SCP in reality, especially not in that dress, but ya
    5AYokhj.png
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @emilyhyoyeon She seems very mystical and talented by what you wrote.
    Indeed that dungeon is a great place for an ice warden :blush:
    Thanks for posting your character is great.
  • Folkb
    Folkb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahmelyse enjoying her wine

1jinlG9.png

Playing the lute :)

Ze4v0XS.png
    Edited by Folkb on 4 August 2021 22:06
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cirantille wrote: »
    Hmm my topic, I absolutely love Altmers <3

Eagle's triumph!

Another magsorc because why not, I just like Altmer males :p

0KrM5ni.jpg

xELtqrX.jpg

Great work, very tasteful! What're your color combinations here?
    Edited by Destai on 4 August 2021 21:38
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Folkb - what hair color is that? I don't make many Altmer and most of mine have blond hair since I tend to prefer gold jewelry.... I can't remember a color that dark offhand, and not in game right now.... (and I KNOW we don't have black for anyone but Leythen....)
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Destai wrote: »
    Cirantille wrote: »
    Hmm my topic, I absolutely love Altmers <3

Eagle's triumph!

Another magsorc because why not, I just like Altmer males :p

0KrM5ni.jpg

xELtqrX.jpg

Great work, very tasteful! What're your color combinations here?

Thank you! :)

It is a combination of Dominion yellow & Evermore gold
    There is also Palatine's white & blood gold in staves :)
  • Folkb
    Folkb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    @Folkb - what hair color is that? I don't make many Altmer and most of mine have blond hair since I tend to prefer gold jewelry.... I can't remember a color that dark offhand, and not in game right now.... (and I KNOW we don't have black for anyone but Leythen....)

Its the brown on the bottom row all the way to the right. Not sure why photo seems dark.
    Edited by Folkb on 4 August 2021 21:58
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lady_Sleepless They look great, and I love the pictures as well!
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

Its the brown on the bottom row all the way to the right. Not sure why photo seems dark.

I bet I've never once looked at that one! Thanks for the info, and she is lovely btw!

• Lady_Sleepless
    Lady_Sleepless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lady_Sleepless They look great, and I love the pictures as well!

Thank you. I love taking pictures in ESO. 😊
  • LaerothKeykalyn
    LaerothKeykalyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Screenshot_20190801_115811.png
    Screenshot_15.png
    Screenshot_218.png
    Screenshot_216.png
    Screenshot_214.png
    e.png
    Screenshot_253.png