The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

[Video] Powerful Magicka Templar Battlegrounds Build

BraidasNM
BraidasNM
✭✭✭✭
Youtube

"I like to think of myself as the good cop and braidas as the bad cop. Hes the little devil on DC's shoulder, im the angel" -Subtomik
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol, if you're a God what is my Templar?

https://imgur.com/gallery/QLpsD?s=sms
    Options
  • Dread_Guy
    Dread_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A DK in disguise ;)
    "My name is Julius Decimus Heraclius, Guildmaster of the Scions of the Sun, Brigadier of the Covenant Army, loyal servant to the High King Emeric. Brother to a betrayed legion, son to a fallen empire. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." ---Julius Decimus Heraclius (Imperial Templar)
    Options
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

A DK in disguise ;)

Haha. DK are my real life initials. Throws EVERYONE off.

Also, that pic was from about a month ago with CP but unbuffed. I respec'd my toon recently to account for the no CP. I should be sitting around 42 K Magicka even without it while still running a full Ilambris set.
    Options
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not gonna lie I've been looking forward to seeing your build
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
    Options
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With that spelldamage, max Magicka and spellcrit your Damage will be not very powerful.. 2 swords are crap now.. try staff and you dont need this tons of magickareg! With heavy attacks from staff and maybe nearly max stats your damage will raise like hell :)>:)
    I only have 1100 magickareg, but i am able to slot elemental drain and maybe atronarch mundus stone too!
    Edited by DeHei on June 5, 2017 3:36PM
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why meteor over DBoS? Similar burst damage, cheaper cost, more reliable
    Options
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeHei wrote: »
    With that spelldamage, max Magicka and spellcrit your Damage will be not very powerful.. 2 swords are crap now.. try staff and you dont need this tons of magickareg! With heavy attacks from staff and maybe nearly max stats your damage will raise like hell :)>:)
    I only have 1100 magickareg, but i am able to slot elemental drain and maybe atronarch mundus stone too!

I think anyone playing BG's on NA or the PTS before patch can tell you his damage is just fine.
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
    Options
  • Kaghei
    Kaghei
    ✭✭✭
    Takllin wrote: »

I think anyone playing BG's on NA or the PTS before patch can tell you his damage is just fine.

I can agree with that, his damage is pretty very high, rarely get out damaged (unless im in the game ofc)
    Edited by Kaghei on June 5, 2017 4:13PM
    Alacrity
    World's Fastest AA
    World's First claimer of Bleakers
    First Grand Overlord Slayer
    Options
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I have played against it a few times. It's not proctard level burst, but it is a solid balance between survival, damage, and sustain.
    Edited by timidobserver on June 5, 2017 4:15PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

Options
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem what i see actually.. bgs and cyrodiil are working a lot with burstdamage.. against weak player it doesnt matter which build a good player use to get a good score. But there are a lot of guys, who kill heavy armor tanky builds in seconds too.. in reality, when you fight against a premade (is still working in bgs sometimes now) group, they try to burst everything down.. The fights never were long. The more powerful group wins that fights most times.. And you need a offensive build to get points faster.. Try to win a sustain fight against guys, who dont have much sustain, but learned to bring much damage in right moment and save they ressources. They will survive very easy and just destroy you! Its my experience i got until now..
    De Hei(Youtube)
    Options
  • BraidasNM
    BraidasNM
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Why meteor over DBoS? Similar burst damage, cheaper cost, more reliable

I've tried both, and the damage difference is pretty sizable. DBoS is more reliable in terms of the KD (tho it is dodgeable now), but the CC isn't necessary bc blocking comet while I'm jabbing you is gonna drain most of your stam. I usually get the CC thru topple when they try to roll after anyway.

They're both good, ofc.
    Youtube

"I like to think of myself as the good cop and braidas as the bad cop. Hes the little devil on DC's shoulder, im the angel" -Subtomik
    Options
  • Juli'St
    Juli'St
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey, your character view (C) its something like extend mod? I cant see many things here, in my character
    Options
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem what i see actually.. bgs and cyrodiil are working a lot with burstdamage.. against weak player it doesnt matter which build a good player use to get a good score. But there are a lot of guys, who kill heavy armor tanky builds in seconds too.. in reality, when you fight against a premade (is still working in bgs sometimes now) group, they try to burst everything down.. The fights never were long. The more powerful group wins that fights most times.. And you need a offensive build to get points faster.. Try to win a sustain fight against guys, who dont have much sustain, but learned to bring much damage in right moment and save they ressources. They will survive very easy and just destroy you! Its my experience i got until now..

He has burst. What he doesn't have is selenes, viper, and incap. I think there's only one class that can run those 3 together, though.
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
    Options
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the most calm and reserved non third person using forum post Braidas has ever made.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
    Options
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    nice build. I have all these pieces and I'm considering trying out my magplar in pvp so might try this out
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    Juli'St
    ✭✭✭✭
    Light pieces...serious, im out.
    Options
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He has burst. What he doesn't have is selenes, viper, and incap. I think there's only one class that can run those 3 together, though.

He has burst for few seconds.. good player make his main damage "puncturing sweep" nearly useless with enough cc and kiting him.. thats why i dont play with that skill anymore.. he will agree, that the skill dont work with every root he get.. root him and dance around with a smile on your face.. there is really not much he can do anymore.. every Mag DK is doing that against him for sure :p

but against all player without root skills its work surely good, i think. Sry dont want to critisice it to much.. only against root is puncturing sweep very weak and destrostaff is stronger then 2 swords now.
    Edited by DeHei on June 5, 2017 6:21PM
    De Hei(Youtube)
    Options
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

He has burst for few seconds.. good player make his main damage "puncturing sweep" nearly useless with enough cc and kiting him.. thats why i dont play with that skill anymore.. he will agree, that the skill dont work with every root he get.. root him and dance around with a smile on your face.. there is really not much he can do anymore.. every Mag DK is doing that against him for sure :p

but against all player without root skills its work surely good, i think. Sry dont want to critisice it to much.. only against root is puncturing sweep very weak and destrostaff is stronger then 2 swords now.

It's a team game. There's ways to counter it 1v1 easily but in a team format it'll put out a lot of pressure.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

Options
  • BraidasNM
    BraidasNM
    ✭✭✭✭

Good players are going to block heavy attacks so the sustain is unreliable, and DW is still more dmg all around.

As for mag dks, spamming talons is very expensive. One purify negates talons, its dot, and 3 other dots, while talons alone is more expensive than it. I can't say I've had an issue with any mag DK in BG's so far and I've fought plenty of good ones. That's as a vamp too, w/o they'd be even less so.

Also, this:
    Satiar wrote: »

It's a team game. There's ways to counter it 1v1 easily but in a team format it'll put out a lot of pressure.

Youtube

Options
  • BraidasNM
    BraidasNM
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the most calm and reserved non third person using forum post Braidas has ever made.

xD This is what BRAIDAS does on his off time.
    Youtube

Options
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Puncturing Sweeps, what I usually call pokey sticks, is amazing in PVE and in certain very specific PVP situations. It's so good in those situations that I leave it on my bar and can sometimes go an hour without even using it but if I need it and don't have it, I'd be screwed.

Taking resources (a PVE task in PVP) and when you have someone cornered in close combat are the two situations I'm referring to. 90% of the time I'd rather be at range but if I have to mix it up pokey sticks are awesome.
    Edited by THEDKEXPERIENCE on June 5, 2017 8:11PM
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem what i see actually.. bgs and cyrodiil are working a lot with burstdamage.. against weak player it doesnt matter which build a good player use to get a good score. But there are a lot of guys, who kill heavy armor tanky builds in seconds too.. in reality, when you fight against a premade (is still working in bgs sometimes now) group, they try to burst everything down.. The fights were long. The more powerful group wins that fights most times.. And you need a offensive build to get points faster.. Try to win a sustain fight against guys, who dont have much sustain, but learned to bring much damage in right moment and save they ressources. They will survive very easy and just destroy you! Its my experience i got until now..

Puncturing Sweeps, what I usually call pokey sticks, is amazing in PVE and in certain very specific PVP situations. It's so good in those situations that I leave it on my bar and can sometimes go an hour without even using it but if I need it and don't have it, I'd be screwed.

Taking resources (a PVE task in PVP) and when you have someone cornered in close combat are the two situations I'm referring to. 90% of the time I'd rather be at range but if I have to mix it up pokey sticks are awesome.

Also known as Light Phalluses​.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • BraidasNM
    BraidasNM
    ✭✭✭✭
    Juli'St wrote: »
    Hey, your character view (C) its something like extend mod? I cant see many things here, in my character

Can you be more specific?

You're not gonna have good damage in heavy
    Youtube

Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BraidasNM wrote: »

No, not while also running Trans. However you then make an extremely good support build. Obviously becomes something entirely different

I see this build doing very well, skoria should fill any holes for burst.
    Edited by Waffennacht on June 5, 2017 10:28PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Nihang
    Nihang
    ✭✭✭
    very-nice.jpg
    #LOVEPALACE
    Options
  • Juli'St
    Juli'St
    ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fought you in the Battlegrounds PTS, you remind me one of my best friends who is the best Magplar of PS4 EU, you have a similar playstyle, this guy is very good and have a very good build, worth watching ;).
    K1 The Big Monkey
    Options
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what is my Templar?

Channeled%20Focus.png

Options
  • BraidasNM
    BraidasNM
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nihang wrote: »
    very-nice.jpg
    Kay1 wrote: »
    I fought you in the Battlegrounds PTS, you remind me one of my best friends who is the best Magplar of PS4 EU, you have a similar playstyle, this guy is very good and have a very good build, worth watching ;).

thanks ^-^
    BraidasNM wrote: »

No, not while also running Trans. However you then make an extremely good support build. Obviously becomes something entirely different

I see this build doing very well, skoria should fill any holes for burst.

Yeah that's what I meant, it's not gonna work for a dps playstyle. If you wanna be a tanky healer then sure heavy can work.
    Youtube

Options
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    full hakeijo is the perfect choice
    valkyn is still great
    5 transmutation only on s+b bar was superb for the longest time and is still a very nice choice
    2 willpower swords somehow feels like DB patch to me ^^ personally I'd prefer a (msa+poison) staff now, also to have the choice which resource to restore in very long fights
    bars are rather standard imho
    5bsw and choosing 5 LA with light chest, I don't really agree with unless all you want to do is leech kills with executes

imho reminds me of decimus' fasallas build from a year ago (which i liked better at the time tbh):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kHkXLPC0cE
    Edited by Kas on June 6, 2017 2:42PM
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
    Options