Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

[Video] Powerful Magicka Templar Battlegrounds Build

• Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    BraidasNM wrote: »
    Try soul shine plus war maiden. 5 body ss, jewelery snb war maiden dps bar, mael resto back bar. It's gud.

I can't imagine you'd have any sustain in that

With vamp, 3 regen glyphs I'm fine with a heavy resto or two thrown in before each burst attempt.

At which point why are you running soul shine? You're sacrificing 525 spell damage to Regen with Glyphs to gain 450 spell DMG to your channeled attacks

Soulshine is absolutely BiS on magplar in heavy. The Stam return from constitution and the 1 line of HP means you can run witchmothers as long as you've got prismatics. Spinners is more damage than maiden, but I'd be hesitant to run 2 sets that don't increase my healing considering the magplar nerfs.

BSW is easily the best choice for a second damage set to pair with soulshine, if youre still stacking 2 damage sets, since you can control when it procs and get exceptional burst. You won't need 3 glyphs, just run 2x cost reduction and use destro back bar for ele drain. I think you'll need EG though, all of its procs have a desirable outcome.

At 2 glyphs there is a reason to run Soul, about a net value of 150ish spell damage.

If you are sacrificing spell damage Glyphs to run a set that provides spell damage, you are not gaining anything.

Maybe I need to provide real sets and numbers.

450 from Soul Shine, 129 soul shine, 967 magicka SS, 688 crit, 129 maiden, 400 maiden, 967 magicka 688 crit x3 Regen glyph 160ea for 480 Regen

Total: 1108 spell damage, 1934 magicka 480 Regen 1372 crit

Wai Maiden + Amberplasm + x3 DMG glyph
    967 magicka Amber 688 crit Amber 129 DMG Amber 300 Regen Amber 300 Stam Regen Amber 525 spell DMG glyph 967 magicka maiden, 688 crit maiden, 129 spell DMG maiden 400 maiden,

Totals: 1183 spell DMG, 1934 magicka 300 Regen 1372 crit and 300 Stam Regen

For the cost of 180 mag Regen you gain 75 spell damage and 300 Stam Regen.

Yes this is light armor, however sets like Julianos can be crafted into heavy, or if you want you can go:

Soul Shine + Amberplasm + x2 DMG Glyphs x1 Regen glyph and have as much mag Regen, more DMG, and more Stam Regen.

Then you don't have the option to trade the glyphs for more damage. You only have the option to trade damage for more regen if you go Amber/maiden. That's another difference.

As i look at it like you @Waffennacht, where you add set bonuses and balance as you want. It's those small aspects such as getting similar numbers but with different niches such as heavy vs light armor. Or the option for more damage but less sustain instead of the other way around. It also depends on the skills in use and synergies with your group.
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try soul shine plus war maiden. 5 body ss, jewelery snb war maiden dps bar, mael resto back bar. It's gud.

With vamp, 3 regen glyphs I'm fine with a heavy resto or two thrown in before each burst attempt.

At which point why are you running soul shine? You're sacrificing 525 spell damage to Regen with Glyphs to gain 450 spell DMG to your channeled attacks

Soulshine is absolutely BiS on magplar in heavy. The Stam return from constitution and the 1 line of HP means you can run witchmothers as long as you've got prismatics. Spinners is more damage than maiden, but I'd be hesitant to run 2 sets that don't increase my healing considering the magplar nerfs.

BSW is easily the best choice for a second damage set to pair with soulshine, if youre still stacking 2 damage sets, since you can control when it procs and get exceptional burst. You won't need 3 glyphs, just run 2x cost reduction and use destro back bar for ele drain. I think you'll need EG though, all of its procs have a desirable outcome.

At 2 glyphs there is a reason to run Soul, about a net value of 150ish spell damage.

If you are sacrificing spell damage Glyphs to run a set that provides spell damage, you are not gaining anything.

450 from Soul Shine, 129 soul shine, 967 magicka SS, 688 crit, 129 maiden, 400 maiden, 967 magicka 688 crit x3 Regen glyph 160ea for 480 Regen

967 magicka Amber 688 crit Amber 129 DMG Amber 300 Regen Amber 300 Stam Regen Amber 525 spell DMG glyph 967 magicka maiden, 688 crit maiden, 129 spell DMG maiden 400 maiden,

Yes this is light armor, however sets like Julianos can be crafted into heavy, or if you want you can go:

Soul Shine + Amberplasm + x2 DMG Glyphs x1 Regen glyph and have as much mag Regen, more DMG, and more Stam Regen.

Edit: Amberplasm is just an example of a sustain set, sets that also provide DMG instead of Stam Regen will provide better numbers

Hey let's compare Shackle breaker and Maiden

688 crit, 967 magicka, 129 sd, 400 sd, 129 sd, 129 m Regen, 2000 magicka 129 we 2000 Stam 320 Regen glyph, 175 sp glyph

2967 magicka 688 crit 833 DMG, 449 m Regen, 129 Stam Regen, 2000 Stam so here you lose 688 crit 30 m Regen and essentially 80 sd but gain 129 Stam Regen 129 weapon DMG and 2000 stam

The reason you're wrong friend is because you're assuming 3x regen glyphs on maiden+SS and because you're overvaluing un-needed sustain. If you add another spell damage glyph to the maiden/SS setup it provides something like 4% more damage or ~2% damage increase. This can be done while still pushing 1600 regen AND with access to channels focus and magika steal.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Edit: Amberplasm is just an example of a sustain set, sets that also provide DMG instead of Stam Regen will provide better numbers

688 crit, 967 magicka, 129 sd, 400 sd, 129 sd, 129 m Regen, 2000 magicka 129 we 2000 Stam 320 Regen glyph, 175 sp glyph

2967 magicka 688 crit 833 DMG, 449 m Regen, 129 Stam Regen, 2000 Stam so here you lose 688 crit 30 m Regen and essentially 80 sd but gain 129 Stam Regen 129 weapon DMG and 2000 stam

The reason you're wrong friend is because you're assuming 3x regen glyphs on maiden+SS and because you're overvaluing un-needed sustain. If you add another spell damage glyph to the maiden/SS setup it provides something like 4% more damage or ~2% damage increase. This can be done while still pushing 1600 regen AND with access to channels focus and magika steal.

I would just like to point out I did say I would run that set up with more damage Glyphs, just x3 Regen glyph was choking that build and that if you did want that much Regen there would be more efficient ways to get it.

Now if you go more damage Glyphs than you can't get more than what you got (unless you're running ss jewelry)

I'm not disagreeing with the set choices, I think x3 Regen is not optimal on SS + Maiden

I get where both of you are coming from, and the gap between sets is very minimal

Edit: re read it comes across kinda hostile, definitely not my attention :)
    Edited by Waffennacht on June 9, 2017 4:25AM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I would just like to point out I did say I would run that set up with more damage Glyphs, just x3 Regen glyph was choking that build and that if you did want that much Regen there would be more efficient ways to get it.

Now if you go more damage Glyphs than you can't get more than what you got (unless you're running ss jewelry)

I'm not disagreeing with the set choices, I think x3 Regen is not optimal on SS + Maiden

I get where both of you are coming from, and the gap between sets is very minimal

You're right, there's virtually no reason to run 3x regen glyphs over running a sustain set.
    Options
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're right, there's virtually no reason to run 3x regen glyphs over running a sustain set.

There is if you want the same regen as in light armor with the same damage, but to be in heavy armor with the flexibility of changing your glyphs for more damage. If you change the glyphs for Amber/ss you can only go down on damage while it's only going to effect regen in ss/maiden.

It's the differences like being in heavy over light, or how you can alter the build using glyphs that make a build imo. Everyone's pushing for similar numbers, especially for a balanced build.
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

There is if you want the same regen as in light armor with the same damage, but to be in heavy armor with the flexibility of changing your glyphs for more damage. If you change the glyphs for Amber/ss you can only go down on damage while it's only going to effect regen in ss/maiden.

It's the differences like being in heavy over light, or how you can alter the build using glyphs that make a build imo. Everyone's pushing for similar numbers, especially for a balanced build.

Actually, I think the math says you need more than 600 buffed spell damage from a set to make it worth more than 3x jewelry glyphs. This means only alch/bsw/spinners are worthwhile as your second damage set if you have to run 3x regen to sustain. And those are just used in Pvp for increasing burst so you'll have less sustained damage.

For Stam builds this is a bit more difficult. Viper, widow, and red mountain are all worth slotting over a regen set, even if you need to run 3x sustain glyphs. Alch/spriggans are worthwhile from. Burst standpoint as well
    Options
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually, I think the math says you need more than 600 buffed spell damage from a set to make it worth more than 3x jewelry glyphs. This means only alch/bsw/spinners are worthwhile as your second damage set if you have to run 3x regen to sustain. And those are just used in Pvp for increasing burst so you'll have less sustained damage.

For Stam builds this is a bit more difficult. Viper, widow, and red mountain are all worth slotting over a regen set, even if you need to run 3x sustain glyphs. Alch/spriggans are worthwhile from. Burst standpoint as well

If you're just talking numbers sure. But I'm taking entire build. I haven't found any heavy armor set up will put my jabs and dark flares higher permanently (with out running reflective/fire staff got bsw, even then my uptime is way less than 66%, not sure how everyone says it always procs for them). Heavy let's me go sorcery potions so i don't have to slot entropy and still have Stam for break free.

Spinners is absolutely useless against shields. I would rather have a permanent buff to damage towards everything if I'm sacking healing potential for damage.

Just how i play, I've been having a great deal of success with it. You can also go light armor by switching a few things around if you like those Passives better. It's easier to go full damage glyphs with that.

Options
  • BraidasNM
    BraidasNM
    ✭✭✭✭

If you're just talking numbers sure. But I'm taking entire build. I haven't found any heavy armor set up will put my jabs and dark flares higher permanently (with out running reflective/fire staff got bsw, even then my uptime is way less than 66%, not sure how everyone says it always procs for them). Heavy let's me go sorcery potions so i don't have to slot entropy and still have Stam for break free.

Spinners is absolutely useless against shields. I would rather have a permanent buff to damage towards everything if I'm sacking healing potential for damage.

Just how i play, I've been having a great deal of success with it. You can also go light armor by switching a few things around if you like those Passives better. It's easier to go full damage glyphs with that.

Reflective on one person for BSW isn't great and I wouldn't use it to duel, but yeah I find it's almost always up when I want it in BG's.
    Youtube

"I like to think of myself as the good cop and braidas as the bad cop. Hes the little devil on DC's shoulder, im the angel" -Subtomik
    Options
  • lfairchild85
    lfairchild85
    Soul Shriven
    do you have this written down anywhere?
    Options
  • BraidasNM
    BraidasNM
    ✭✭✭✭

no, but what exactly? the sets are 5 BSW, 5 Trans (Jewelry/snb), 2 valkyn, 2 willpower swords
    Youtube

"I like to think of myself as the good cop and braidas as the bad cop. Hes the little devil on DC's shoulder, im the angel" -Subtomik
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

no, but what exactly? the sets are 5 BSW, 5 Trans (Jewelry/snb), 2 valkyn, 2 willpower swords

I actually tried this very guy out. Works well, just sucks when you're stuck with a level 19 in BGs.

I would say, this build is great when in even numbers, if a sorc is on your team, they'll probably steal all your kills though
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I'm in light armor i have a hard time with ccs. I'm heavy, Constitution helps and i throw in a heavy with dw before jabs to get up plenty for another cc. Anything youre doing in light armor in particular to help with stam management?
    Options
  • BraidasNM
    BraidasNM
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I'm in light armor i have a hard time with ccs. I'm heavy, Constitution helps and i throw in a heavy with dw before jabs to get up plenty for another cc. Anything youre doing in light armor in particular to help with stam management?
    repentance, tri pots, occasional heavy attacks, other templars throwing shards, but mostly knowing when I have to block and when I can just heal thru it.

i also use spell wall against high damage players instead of meteor to save 6 seconds of stam.
    Youtube

Options
  • BraidasNM
    BraidasNM
    ✭✭✭✭

I actually tried this very guy out. Works well, just sucks when you're stuck with a level 19 in BGs.

I would say, this build is great when in even numbers, if a sorc is on your team, they'll probably steal all your kills though

Nice. Yeah it's great for anything 2+....tbf magsorcs steal everyone kills xD
    Youtube

Options