The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• xylamic
    xylamic
    Soul Shriven
    OmniDevil wrote: »
    xylamic wrote: »
    Please add text support! The lack of communication options is driving me back to WoW, but I want to play ESO.

As much as I would like Text Communication, I seriously doubt any one game is "driving" you back to the "MMO that shall not be named". If you really wanted to play ESO, you would simply play it. Done. Simple.

The point was that the game is great to play, but the social aspects aren't very good. I'd like to see the Xbox communications brought up to speed with the PC. I want to sit on the couch, not in front of the computer.
  • Donum-Dei
    Donum-Dei
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone in the PC community is having crashes?
  • panemetcircenses
    Please add text support! The lack of communication options is driving me back to WoW, but I want to play ESO.

As much as I would like Text Communication, I seriously doubt any one game is "driving" you back to the "MMO that shall not be named". If you really wanted to play ESO, you would simply play it. Done. Simple.

The point was that the game is great to play, but the social aspects aren't very good. I'd like to see the Xbox communications brought up to speed with the PC. I want to sit on the couch, not in front of the computer.

Technically, you should be able to do both (sit on the couch in front of the computer) if you have a TV made in the last 5-10 years or so. Text support across those platforms that have the necessary input devices would be nice, though.
  • Mighty_oakk
    Mighty_oakk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Technically, you should be able to do both (sit on the couch in front of the computer) if you have a TV made in the last 5-10 years or so. Text support across those platforms that have the necessary input devices would be nice, though.

Having played mmos for 15 years I find the community is what keeps me playing any one game for years.

Lack of text really limits community interaction. Having to communicate with friends and guildies through psn features is ridiculous
  • panemetcircenses

Having played mmos for 15 years I find the community is what keeps me playing any one game for years.

Lack of text really limits community interaction. Having to communicate with friends and guildies through psn features is ridiculous

I agree entirely on that bit, I just wanted to point out that it's become pretty easy to find TV's with PC inputs and PC's with HDMI outputs as things have progressed. That said, as long as PS4 and XBONE have the necessary inputs to use text chat (I know XB360 had an itty bitty clip-in keyboard available, but I haven't upgraded my console as of yet), and there isn't some proprietary silliness on the console end, text chat should be an option. Personally, I prefer text chat... you don't have to adjust your volume when someone gets a tad overenthusiastic, for one.
    Edited by panemetcircenses on 5 August 2015 08:49
  • AaronLannister
    AaronLannister
    ✭✭✭

Exactly the lack of Social features along with "Names" that don't even matter. ZoS quit making excuses and work on Text Chat.
  • mrskinskull
    mrskinskull
    ✭✭✭✭

Text chat wasn't in the beta for consoles. I think the devs said they wanted to create a faster, more social experience.

I don't want text chat cluttering my screen but I'd feel really silly saying im storming off because it was included.

Zos when can we see crossed swords on our backs for dual wielders?
    Edited by mrskinskull on 6 August 2015 04:19
  • mrskinskull
    mrskinskull
    ✭✭✭✭

Exactly the lack of Social features along with "Names" that don't even matter. ZoS quit making excuses and work on Text Chat.

Geez.

Imho, I think the majority of actual players are fine with guild chat and would prefer new stable content over redundant communication options that will require an additional purchase of a required peripheral.

I am in several and if you play on the PS 4, na server, I promise I will personally introduce you to some larger more serious guilds.

Eb of course.

We have a lot of laughs and I think you seem like a well reasoned adult who just got a bit frustrated.
    Send me an invite and let's go play the game instead of this.

The offer is sincere.

Cheers.

PS zos

My friends have asked that I request this,

A dwemer mount.

Plzzzzzzzz.

Anyone I mention this idea to loses their mind with a serious case of 'take my money zos'

• AaronLannister
    AaronLannister
    ✭✭✭

Geez.

Imho, I think the majority of actual players are fine with guild chat and would prefer new stable content over redundant communication options that will require an additional purchase of a required peripheral.

I am in several and if you play on the PS 4, na server, I promise I will personally introduce you to some larger more serious guilds.

Eb of course.

We have a lot of laughs and I think you seem like a well reasoned adult who just got a bit frustrated.

The offer is sincere.

Cheers.

PS zos

A dwemer mount.

Plzzzzzzzz.

Anyone I mention this idea to loses their mind with a serious case of 'take my money zos'

Not the point, I have also met great people. The fact of the matter is, I prefer typing over talking to people. And so do many people, it's also good for Roleplaying which an MMORPG is suppose to also cater toward and completely fails.
    Edited by AaronLannister on 5 August 2015 15:33
  • AaronLannister
    AaronLannister
    ✭✭✭

Text chat wasn't in the beta for consoles. I think the devas said they wanted to create a faster, more social experience.

I don't want text chat cluttering my screen but I'd feel really silly saying im storming off because it was included.

Zos when can we see crossed swords on our backs for dual wielders?

LOL the cluttering excuse. It's quite sad you're still clinging onto that lie.
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭

There is no lie or truth. It's not an excuse, it's a personal opinion. I want text chat, but I don't need it. With that said, unless they provide UI scaling for console, in my "opinion", it will clutter the screen. There is no right or wrong about this. You either want it or don't. You either feel the game needs it or don't. It really is that simple. Take a step back from the keyboard and have a breather.
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • AaronLannister
    AaronLannister
    ✭✭✭

There is no lie or truth. It's not an excuse, it's a personal opinion. I want text chat, but I don't need it. With that said, unless they provide UI scaling for console, in my "opinion", it will clutter the screen. There is no right or wrong about this. You either want it or don't. You either feel the game needs it or don't. It really is that simple. Take a step back from the keyboard and have a breather.

It is an excuse, Text Chat is needed. And no it won't it's been done in previous MMO's perfectly, if ZoS hasn't figured a way not to add an Text Chat without "Cluttering" the screen then they have completely failed as Developers.

And this Excuse and Criticsm of Cluttering has NEVER existed in any Previous MMO's on Consoles which all have had text chat. You're right there isn't a "Right" or a "Wrong" it's about BAD game design which ZoS is clearly good in doing and it's not an opinion it's a Fact that VOIP only limits Social Interactivity within an MMO which should NEVER be the case since ZoS has also stated that they wanted people to be more Social.

And in that case because ZoS said they wanted people to be more Social, well they have completely FAILED because they added only VOIP only.
    Edited by AaronLannister on 5 August 2015 16:39
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭

It is an excuse, Text Chat is needed. And no it won't it's been done in previous MMO's perfectly, if ZoS hasn't figured a way not to add an Text Chat without "Cluttering" the screen then they have completely failed as Developers.

And this Excuse and Criticsm of Cluttering has NEVER existed in any Previous MMO's on Consoles which all have had text chat. You're right there isn't a "Right" or a "Wrong" it's about BAD game design which ZoS is clearly good in doing and it's not an opinion it's a Fact that VOIP only limits Social Interactivity within an MMO which should NEVER be the case since ZoS has also stated that they wanted people to be more Social.

And in that case because ZoS said they wanted people to be more Social, well they have completely FAILED because they added only VOIP only.

So, really, your issue isn't with someones opinion, but with ZOS and their choices. I get it, you don't agree with it. You're passionate about it. However horrible you may think it is and how much you think it's needed, in the end, it's still just your opinion. Even if thousands or hundreds of thousands agree with you, it's still just an opinion and not fact.

The fact is, the game is still playable without it and will continue to be playable without it. Until ZOS decideds to include it or not, indefinitely, figure out alternatives. There have only been two, afaik, true MMOs on console. One of those is still currently a PS/PC exclusive. The other, that was released more recently, has text chat, but is incredibly flooded with spam messages and marketing messages, it's impossible to use correctly. If people in my guild need to communicate and aren't on a mic or not able to be in general guild chat, we use a group chat app. It's really not that difficult to find alternative methods until ZOS decides to implement text chat.

Proud Member and Officer
    Character List
  • AaronLannister
    AaronLannister
    ✭✭✭
    So, really, your issue isn't with someones opinion, but with ZOS and their choices. I get it, you don't agree with it. You're passionate about it. However horrible you may think it is and how much you think it's needed, in the end, it's still just your opinion. Even if thousands or hundreds of thousands agree with you, it's still just an opinion and not fact.

Sorry it's a Objective Opinion that it's bad for many reasons people have mentioned. Objective is not the same as an Subjective opinion like you suggest.
    The fact is, the game is still playable without it and will continue to be playable without it.
    So is Big Rigs and Duke Nukem Forever.
    Until ZOS decideds to include it or not, indefinitely, figure out alternatives.
    Which shouldn't be the case and shows that the developers are incompetent in there job.
    There have only been two, afaik, true MMOs on console.
    Wrong. And FFXI was on the PS2 and also had text chat.
    One of those is still currently a PS/PC exclusive. The other, that was released more recently, has text chat, but is incredibly flooded with spam messages and marketing messages, it's impossible to use correctly.
    That's the MODERATORS job, this gets taken care of fast in any good MMO.
    If people in my guild need to communicate and aren't on a mic or not able to be in general guild chat, we use a group chat app. It's really not that difficult to find alternative methods until ZOS decides to implement text chat.

Fact of the matter, YOU SHOULDN'T need to do that, and it shows ZoS is completely incompetent.
    Edited by AaronLannister on 5 August 2015 17:07
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭

Sorry it's a Objective Opinion that it's bad for many reasons people have mentioned. Objective is not the same as an Subjective opinion like you suggest.

Lemons and Limes. Similar tastes, different fruit. It's still, just an opinion.

Apples to Oranges. You just tried comparing two non-mmos to an mmo. Not the same. You're grasping for straws to make sure you're right in a non-right or wrong situation. What are you trying to prove?
    Which shouldn't be the case and shows that the developers are incompetent in there job.

You're right about that, but only half of that. That should be the case, however. The millions of dollars they raked in have a bone to pick with you.

#1 Rule: Never call someone wrong about a situation there is no right or wrong situation. FFXI, FFXIV, same game, different title. You obviously knew what I was referring to, yet you continue to follow down the path of, "I'm right, you're wrong, therefore everyone else is inferior". Get a grip.

Moderators are not obligated to do anything related to moderating someone that is not violating EULA/TOS. Sending constant "Thunderfury" or "Chuck Norris" jokes don't violate anything.

Fact of the matter, YOU SHOULDN'T need to do that, and it shows ZoS is completely incompetent.

No, it doesn't. It shows people are versatile, can adapt to any situation, on the fly and don't need to be catered to.

============

Ok, your move. I can do this all day. You fail to see that, at no point, have I said, "You're wrong", "Your opinion is invalid". In fact, I have agreed that Text Chat would be a very nice amenity, I just don't feel it's necessary. You feel otherwise and that's OK! But I'm asking you to drop it and move on and stop dissecting everything I say to prove me wrong.

Edited by OmniDevil on 5 August 2015 17:18

Proud Member and Officer
    Character List
  • AaronLannister
    AaronLannister
    ✭✭✭

Lemons and Limes. Similar tastes, different fruit. It's still, just an opinion.

Apples to Oranges. You just tried comparing two non-mmos to an mmo. Not the same. You're grasping for straws to make sure you're right in a non-right or wrong situation. What are you trying to prove?

You're right about that, but only half of that. That should be the case, however. The millions of dollars they raked in have a bone to pick with you.

#1 Rule: Never call someone wrong about a situation there is no right or wrong situation. FFXI, FFXIV, same game, different title. You obviously knew what I was referring to, yet you continue to follow down the path of, "I'm right, you're wrong, therefore everyone else is inferior". Get a grip.

Moderators are not obligated to do anything related to moderating someone that is not violating EULA/TOS. Sending constant "Thunderfury" or "Chuck Norris" jokes don't violate anything.

No, it doesn't. It shows people are versatile, can adapt to any situation, on the fly and don't need to be catered to.

============

Ok, your move. I can do this all day. You fail to see that, at no point, have I said, "You're wrong", "Your opinion is invalid". In fact, I have agreed that Text Chat would be a very nice amenity, I just don't feel it's necessary. You feel otherwise and that's OK! But I'm asking you to drop it and move on and stop dissecting everything I say to prove me wrong.

1. Wrong, Objective Opinions hold a lot more value and in fact are based on FACT.
    2. Wrong, you're taking it out of context You said the games are still playable even without text chat, badly designed games are always still playable which doesn't make them good, but I guess you didn't get that.
    3. Didn't realize Justin Bieber was one of the best singers in the world due to the Millions he earned.
    4. LOL FFXI and FFXIV the same game? ahahahahahaha lol
    5. Actually it does, it's called being harassed and or Spamming which is against the rules in Good MMO's.
    6. No it doesn't it shows ZoS can't provide a good game and that people have to Adapt to the bad game design.
    7. I can do this all day too but I've already proven you wrong so it's pointless but entertaining.

And I'm telling you, you're wrong.
    Edited by AaronLannister on 5 August 2015 17:38
  • ZOS_Alex
    ZOS_Alex
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, everyone.

We understand that people are going to disagree from time to time, but please remember to keep your comments respectful at all times on our forums, even when you disagree with others. Insults or other disruptive behavior do not help further discussion and can move a thread off topic quickly. We encourage sharing opinions, but we ask that they are constructively stated when doing so, as this will help keep the discussion on track. Thank you!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Moderation Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On that note... here's the OP again, as a reminder of what "on-topic" means for this thread: :)
    Hi everyone!

Starting now, during every ESO Live we’ll hold a Q&A where we’ll answer some of your questions about the game. All you have to do is post your questions in this thread and we’ll choose some to answer every two weeks on the show, though we do want to remind you to please be constructive with your questions. If you’re able to join us during the show, we’ll also take some questions from chat as well!

Thanks for your support, and we hope you’ll enjoy this new segment!
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -Mods that close or delete threads...or just ban people who have strong opinions (99% of the ZOS posts made on this forum)
    -Q&A sessions that ignore community threads that are over 2000 posts long (console text chat)
    -Decisions made that completely contradict each other (level to VR16 then remove VR levels in a later patch)

Please explain how this helps hold customers and a MMO community?
    ▬ஜ Seeds of War, Piles of Skulls ஜ▬
    ▬▬▬ஜ twitch.tv/uberkull ஜ▬▬▬
  • Mighty_oakk
    Mighty_oakk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be funny if they locked this thread
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Question.

If you guys wanted to stop perma blocking in Cyrodiil and it in general why not just simplely grey out skills when blocking to stop block casting instead of making so you regenerate little to no stamina when blocking???? Like that's the problem about perma blocking is that they block cast all there skills while only taking half damage not that they could do it forever.

Like ZoS there has been alot of feedback about block casting and most of the community wants it out of the game. Sure you guys said you left it in on purpose but it is just one of those ideas that sounds good on paper but in action is a very abused and broken mechanic and it needs to go.
  • mrskinskull
    mrskinskull
    ✭✭✭✭

Geez.

Eb of course.

The offer is sincere.

Cheers.

PS zos

A dwemer mount.

Plzzzzzzzz.

Not the point, I have also met great people. The fact of the matter is, I prefer typing over talking to people. And so do many people, it's also good for Roleplaying which an MMORPG is suppose to also cater toward and completely fails.

Bro the offer still stands and have you ever table topped?

I don't think we would have any of these games without d and d?

Straight voice comms there.

I was thinking that with all of the emotes and the area chat, roleplaying could REALLY be fun.

In table top you would narrate to fill for the accent you can't do or actions with no corresponding emote.

Similar to text roleplaying just faster and with the added level of empathy that vocal inflection brings.

Sorry for the rant.

Zos may we have a name tag that states we are 'in character' instead of. 'Tyro'?
  • AaronLannister
    AaronLannister
    ✭✭✭

Geez.

Eb of course.

The offer is sincere.

Cheers.

PS zos

A dwemer mount.

Plzzzzzzzz.

Bro the offer still stands and have you ever table topped?

I don't think we would have any of these games without d and d?

Straight voice comms there.

I was thinking that with all of the emotes and the area chat, roleplaying could REALLY be fun.

In table top you would narrate to fill for the accent you can't do or actions with no corresponding emote.

Similar to text roleplaying just faster and with the added level of empathy that vocal inflection brings.

Sorry for the rant.

Zos may we have a name tag that states we are 'in character' instead of. 'Tyro'?

offer? lol.
  • Akerith
    Akerith
    Console chat.
    When?!.
  • DigitalTemerity
    SUGGESTION

Do you think it would be acceptable to offer a pact similar to the Mara pact where two players could be like best friends instead of getting married? In my case that's just too weird for me to do but having friends bracelets would be awesome.
  • AaronLannister
    AaronLannister
    ✭✭✭
    Akerith wrote: »
    Console chat.
    When?!.

imagine if they took text chat and mods away on the PC, they would all rage.
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question: Will there ever be a similar vampire lord form in ESOTU like they had in Elder Scrolls IV:Skyrim?

(If there is, I can be patient since I know that it takes a good amount of Programming, Coding & Time to put something like this in an OO* Game...)
    (*Online only)
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • Akerith
    Akerith
    Akerith wrote: »
    Console chat.
    When?!.

imagine if they took text chat and mods away on the PC, they would all rage.

Yeah,this show us how PC remains their focus,even after the console release.
    They used us console lplayers only for $$$.
  • Ace_of_Destiny
    Ace_of_Destiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Ask Us Anything!"

Question:

When can consoles players expect a a simple "yes", "no", or "we are working on it" answer to the simple question; "Is text communications coming to consoles?"

Thank You,

Ace
    EQUALIZE ALL PLATFORMS!
    IF ONE HAS IT...ALL SHOULD HAVE IT!
    !

)==================================================(
    ~MegaServer~>PS4 (NA) ~PSN~>Ace-of-Destiny
    )===================================================(
    I don't care what platform it is on...an MMORPG without Text Chat is NOT an MMORPG!
  • Donum-Dei
    Donum-Dei
    ✭✭✭
    Hey Z....

...why I am having crashes like never before. I have never experience a crash in any of my plays since I bought the game. What is going on?
This discussion has been closed.