Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

People are Left with 'Nothing to do' Because Your Endgame Gear Blows

• Locke_ESO
    Locke_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The simple fact is they had one real chance to keep end game style players happy for a few months with Craglorn and they may well have blown it. Pretty much all of the quest content was of trivial difficulty to a VR10/11 group ("Ruins of Shada" being the only one that almost got it right) and apart from that all that is left are the trials. If they had made some really hard quests with their own random VR12 set piece gear or cosmetic rewards to make them repeatable, a new hard public dungeon and some new challenging 4 person dungeons the zone may have had some longevity to it but right now I foresee some serious problems for them in a few weeks time when people are left with nothing to do except PvP or rerun the trials.

Like it or not the goal orientated VR10+ players make up a significant portion of the player base and leaving them nothing to do is a problem. The game lacks of the significant time sinks (like player housing or re-rolling an alt for many players) to keep them happy. The last thing a subscription MMO developer wants is for people to "complete" their game and leave.

Edited by Locke_ESO on 27 May 2014 15:53
  • Singular
    Singular
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lucifer108 wrote: »
    The lack a carrot on the stick for all the gamplay modes in this game. And its made by the worse that all set are Bind on Equip and can be sold to other people.Why put effort into something when you can just buy the sets that drop. And as the OP said the actual BOss loot from trials are total rubbish.

I kind of like BTCoE b/c you can sell it :)
    War, give me war, give me war.
  • Singular
    Singular
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please no gear grinds...they are boring and repetitious. There are plenty of games with gear grinds. They all end the same way, someone standing around a main hub saying look at me I've spent time in video game(btw which I will never get back) and im wearing cool pixelated semi realistic clothing/armor. So I'm better than you attitude. (Whispers. Just like in WoW) LOL.

Gear grinds are so 00s....old and boring.

Oh, no! All time spent in this game is never coming back - why didn't you tell me earlier?!?

Anyways...crafting gear is not a grind?
    War, give me war, give me war.
  • Skylandra
    Skylandra
    ✭✭✭
    Two solutions to this as I see it.

First ( and what I would prefer to see): A System where you have a crafting station at the end of a Raid that you can make a piece of Armor from a really cool set - the catch - you need a special racial temper ( like we currently have Nord, altimer or daedric) that only drops from that boss say 30% of the time. Simple to implement and keeps crafting/crafters important in the game. Players can sell them for decent cash if they want, crafters can stack and sell equipment... good times. end game gear grind that's fun/profitable and means you have to do the raid to get to the station.

Second: The recipe method - where you have a chance for 1 time super rare recipe to drop, that again a player crafter can make or a player can give/sell to someone who can make it.
  • DuelWieldingCheesyPoofs
    Agree, why bother crafting, just hit crag 4man dungeons for epics in an hour, why raid just buy ur gear lol
    Its fun to down bosses but its just a un said formular we need, gear progresses rewards to work for that WE really earned NOT could buy or craft, i personally dnt want costumes that everyone gets, more do i want a crafted set that took not challenge except boring picking flower time. I want a bad ass set that took me months to get because i beat all the bosses!
    Nore*
  • SinisterJoint
    SinisterJoint
    ✭✭✭
    IMO

A couple have you have touched on a system that I think would work the best. It would add some longevity and usefulness to the game.

Ive never liked the idea of selling end-game gear simply because it devalues the content. Some of you would say "you're forcing us to do content" ... well, yea. That is the point of MMO's is it not? The content?

I also don't think that ALL the top end game gear should be crafted because that also devalues the content.

As of right now though, the crafted sets are lacking as well as raid gear drops. I don't want a warlock set for the rest of my days....
  • tanthil
    tanthil
    ✭✭✭
    I remember playing some dumb online game on my cellphone like 15 years ago when cellphone net was new. the game was done in text everything you did such as moving 1spot left or attacking took a few seconds of loading.

Cool story right?

Here's the thing though and the reason i even brought it up, loot in that game was more interesting then this game.........
    Nothing wrong with taking a system like wow, different tiers for different hard modes, easy mode casuals get the gear hard mode the people that want it get the top powerful tiers and a challenge. There is nothing wrong with it, the game has taken everything good from most mmos why pretend its so different when its got the same back bone and structure..quest lvl gain skill pvp raid, oh but we wont give you anything cool for it just buy it.
  • beranekjoeb14_ESO
    beranekjoeb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I remember reading on login screen that raid gear was going to be epic and that Craglorn was coming soon. The stuff that drops off the last bosses is horrible. The healer that reduces power seems good but everything else is horrible. Why are there so few drops and set items there should be a ton. The group dungeons V10 set items are better then all the drops in the raids. If you don't fix raid loot no one will be running it soon once they see the drop lists.
  • Harakh
    Harakh
    ✭✭✭
    inspiral1 wrote: »
    Its fun to down bosses but its just a un said formular we need, gear progresses rewards to work for that WE really earned NOT could buy or craft, i personally dnt want costumes that everyone gets, more do i want a crafted set that took not challenge except boring picking flower time. I want a bad ass set that took me months to get because i beat all the bosses!

So Crafting things is not "earned it" how pathetic.

Die Welt in einem Sandkorn sehen
    Und den Himmel in einer wilden Blume;
    Die Unendlichkeit in der Handfläche halten
    Und die Ewigkeit in einer Stunde.
  • Pewpie
    Pewpie
    ✭✭✭
    Like it or not the goal orientated VR10+ players make up a significant portion of the player base and leaving them nothing to do is a problem. The game lacks of the significant time sinks (like player housing or re-rolling an alt for many players) to keep them happy. The last thing a subscription MMO developer wants is for people to "complete" their game and leave.

Significant portion? Are you sure about that? Personally i feel the playerbase getting thinner and thinner the higher you get. I am pretty sure the most significant portion of the playerbase aren't even 50 yet.

My guess is that there are more bots, than VR10+ players. They will loose more cash from removing all bot accounts, than if all VR10+ quit the game.
  • Moiskormoimi
    Moiskormoimi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do agree that this game is too linear. You get to end game content and it just doesn't feel like a big victory when you down a boss because there is no direct reward. I guess for some, the achieves might be enough, but in mmos, I like to feel that my character is getting stronger, more epic, and it just feels like meh atm. I get that they're trying to save face but this no real direction crap is wearing thin.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do agree that this game is too linear. You get to end game content and it just doesn't feel like a big victory when you down a boss because there is no direct reward. I guess for some, the achieves might be enough, but in mmos, I like to feel that my character is getting stronger, more epic, and it just feels like meh atm. I get that they're trying to save face but this no real direction crap is wearing thin.

When I down a tough boss my reward is the satisfaction and elation.
    Dogs need pavlovian stimuli, I don't.
  • Kililin
    Kililin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pewpie wrote: »

Significant portion? Are you sure about that? Personally i feel the playerbase getting thinner and thinner the higher you get. I am pretty sure the most significant portion of the playerbase aren't even 50 yet.

My guess is that there are more bots, than VR10+ players. They will loose more cash from removing all bot accounts, than if all VR10+ quit the game.

if you think bots provide revenue rather than cause costs, think again.
  • Moiskormoimi
    Moiskormoimi
    ✭✭✭✭
    mutharex wrote: »

Subjection is subjection, and you can try your superiority complex else where. I'm not even slightly amused.

Some of us need more than a quarter pulled from behind the ear to be entertained.
    Edited by Moiskormoimi on 28 May 2014 10:58
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you should spend some time giving ideas on how the issue can be addressed, give some pros and cons of the current system and your ideas for improving it.

You seem a fan of the game and want to see it better but creating a negative thread with little constructive help in how they can improve or fix the issue you have found with the game helps no one.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mutharex wrote: »

Subjection is subjection, and you can try your superiority complex else where. I'm not even slightly amused.

Some of us need more than a quarter pulled from behind the ear to be entertained.

Ah the irony....
  • SinisterJoint
    SinisterJoint
    ✭✭✭
    Harakh wrote: »
    So Crafting things is not "earned it" how pathetic.

You're saying that crafting is an epic monumental feat? Laughable.

I mean maybe if crafting was this hard and epic feat to accomplish but as it stands now its a complete joke. The hardest part about crafting is waiting for your research timers.

Even then it's still a joke. The 8 trait sets are garbage so whats the point? This is the gear systems biggest flaw, the stuff that's supposed to be the best of the best is complete and utter garbage. I mean...1% crit.... on NEW V12 STUFF, when I can craft a 6 trait set (NOT EVEN AN 8 trait) with 5%. Who is in charge of items in this game because they fail.

It's sad that you actually think of crafted gear as "earned it" type gear. It's really not.
    Edited by SinisterJoint on 28 May 2014 11:09