Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Bot trains ruined my Main story experience

• Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use fast report. It's on esoui and it's really easy to use.
  • Argruna
    Argruna
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed not seeing any bots anywhere until I hit Rivenspire. Then bam, can't find ore to level blacksmithing. Can't get to mobs I need to quests. Basically just sit in one spot and spam the attack button and hope you hit something. You should not have to heal bots to get your quest complete but it's getting to that point where I'm thinking of just tossing away trying to dps thing and aoe heal the bot trains that are running around to get loot.

I also hate the sudden lag when they all use piercing jabs at once.
    Edited by Argruna on 26 May 2014 23:45
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ciannait wrote: »
    I just finished Coldharbour for the second time about 2 hours ago. The bot trains are in public areas, and in no way get in the way of epic battles or Main Quest content. They're farming easy mobs. I am by no means condoning the presence of bots, and I'd like to see them gone too. But to use hyperbole to declare that they are ruining the quest experience is just a gross exaggeration.

That's funny, they interfere with my questing all the time by camping in areas with quest mobs and spamming the ever-living heck out of their jabby templar attack before I can get a word in edgewise.

You're right.. that is funny.. because after playing all 3 factions, I've yet to find bots halting, inhibiting, delaying, or interrupting my game play in any noticeable way. Maybe... maybe a couple of times I had to make it a point to be quick on the trigger in a solo dungeon delve when the boss spawned, but it's not like it was a session-wrecking experience. That's about it. I'm by no means saying that I don't see them... because I do, quite often.

I'm not a fan of bots myself. But to say they're impeding normal play is a gross exaggeration.

I disagree.

I've played public dungeons with bots and like you have had to be quick to get a hit in when the boss spawns.

Yes I complete the dungeon, no I don't get any loot. Zero fun.

I've also played dungeons without the boss with just me trying to kill the boss for about 5 mins and when I succeed I get loot. Great fun.

I have also done dungeon bosses with no bots but one or two other players also fighting the boss, easier than doing alone, still great fun.

If bots are taking the enjoyment and challenge out of tne game for me then they are seriously affecting my game play.
  • emoxxxkid
    emoxxxkid
    Soul Shriven
    I haven't played for about a week now and I logged in yesterday.... I had seen bots around here and there, especially on the lower levels, I'm level 41 now, and the amount of bots and bot trains has multiplied by so much that I'm seriously thinking of canceling my subscription. I play several other games and never seen it this bad. I mean, it makes me not want to play.

I mean I was in a section yesterday trying to complete part of a quest and there were 5 different bot trains in the same area just killing friendly npc's. It cut my fps in half cause of all the explosions and everything going on, that would NEVER be happening if they weren't there.
  • KitLightning
    KitLightning
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ysne58 me to, though question is, is it a bot that receives the reports la_tective_by_kitlightning-d76ir5m.gif
    "I'd rather be insane in a sane world, than sane in an insane world!" ~Me
    Warning - This is a spoiler and looking at it for too long may cause irrecoverable eyesight issues.
    ◔̯◔

MechWarrior: Living Legends – Total conversion modification for Crysis Wars.

kitlightning.deviantart
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It opens up the report player screen, so I doubt it. Rofl
  • ngendk
    ngendk
    Carnagan wrote: »
    Try the following:
    Complain on the forum long after when ZOS can't do anything about it isn't really helpful. They can't do anything about bots if everyone just grouses about them on the forums instead of reporting them.

You must be a little slow, to think that I didnt report them. I report every damn bot I see. How fast their (ZOS') reaction time is, I dont know.

Oh and by the way - yes I dont mind giving a helping hand to the game and its community, but it's not my damn job to make sure the game is free of cheaters and/or bots. We pay a monthly fee for this game, the least the owners could do is make sure the fridges are stocked and the lawns are poop free.
    Edited by ngendk on 28 May 2014 00:09