Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Bot trains ruined my Main story experience

ngendk
ngendk
So I was finally getting to the final leg of the main stories. And without adding spoilers I can say that there is some areas that opens up in Coldhabour for that part of the story.

I eagerly await the epic fights and my place in the history books. But when I finally arrive it is completely empty of enemy mobs, instead I see 3 trains of bots that zoom around and whack anything that spawns.

I cannot understand how they are allowed to roam freely - level 45-VR1 bots roaming around in CH. I mean it takes some time to level up, why haven't they been caught and banned.

I even recognized some of the bots names, which I reported 5 levels earlier while they were out in the general area of CH.

We need more GM's on the server, someone you can whisper directly to take instant action on these bot infestations.
Edited by ngendk on 26 May 2014 06:43
  • Maeldun
    Maeldun
    Agreed, I want to be able to PM a GM to jump in and ban this ***. I've seen it so many times while levelling. They just path around in a cirle as a team, and anything along/near that path is destroyed. The game already struggles with immersion, and then bots go in and *** it all up.
  • kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw a bunch running in circles doing that argonian hist tree quest in CH.
  • Alpha_Protocol
    Alpha_Protocol
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS is in the final stages of negotiations with four of ESO's top five gold/botting account holders (not sure why the fifth is holding out). As soon as they finalize the deal bots will no longer be an issue for many of us as ZOS will agree to make them completely invisible.
  • ciannait
    ciannait
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS is in the final stages of negotiations with four of ESO's top five gold/botting account holders (not sure why the fifth is holding out). As soon as they finalize the deal bots will no longer be an issue for many of us as ZOS will agree to make them completely invisible.

[citation needed]
  • Noswell
    Noswell
    ✭✭✭
    ciannait wrote: »

[citation needed]

Pretty sure I saw that article in Infowars if you were wondering.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Happened in one of the Stonefalls veteran quests. Bots were camped on an essential quest npc (one you need to kill). Killing the npc every time it re-spawned.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • ngendk
    ngendk

What? If this is true, its basically giving up on cheating.
  • Thunderchief
    Thunderchief
    ✭✭✭
    Instead of banning them GM's should have the ability to stuff their backpacks full with a non-deletable account bound item and let them continue to run around all day long. Should waste the botters time nicely.

Considering how much they spent to make this game I think it would be a wise investment to hire people (minimum wage even) 3 per alliance x 3 shifts to constantly watch for bots and generally make life hell for anyone trying to damage their product.
  • dbennett707cub18_ESO
    Noswell wrote: »

[citation needed]

Sounds legit, heres another good read on how solar panels drain the sun's energy also http://nationalreport.net/solar-panels-drain-suns-energy-experts-say/.

• AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does the bots possibly spray Chemtrails all over Tamriel?
  • Alpha_Protocol
    Alpha_Protocol
    ✭✭✭
    Noswell wrote: »

[citation needed]

Alex Jones never gets it wrong.
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just finished Coldharbour for the second time about 2 hours ago. The bot trains are in public areas, and in no way get in the way of epic battles or Main Quest content. They're farming easy mobs. I am by no means condoning the presence of bots, and I'd like to see them gone too. But to use hyperbole to declare that they are ruining the quest experience is just a gross exaggeration.
  • ciannait
    ciannait
    ✭✭✭
    I just finished Coldharbour for the second time about 2 hours ago. The bot trains are in public areas, and in no way get in the way of epic battles or Main Quest content. They're farming easy mobs. I am by no means condoning the presence of bots, and I'd like to see them gone too. But to use hyperbole to declare that they are ruining the quest experience is just a gross exaggeration.

That's funny, they interfere with my questing all the time by camping in areas with quest mobs and spamming the ever-living heck out of their jabby templar attack before I can get a word in edgewise.
  • p.hurst1b16_ESO
    p.hurst1b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I saw lots in CH in various places. Some even killing quest mobs. They seem badly geared though and some have more pets than possible and even NPC's assisting them.

They need to be kicked off the server permanently because it spoils the game.

<Enigmatic Name> Is poaching new guild members again ! Apply on our webby with your CV and proof of identity and we can arrange an interview with a panel of our officers.
  • Carnagan
    Carnagan
    ✭✭✭
    Try the following:
    -Bring up the Help tab on the customer service menu.
    -Report the bot train with details about where they are and what they are doing.

Any time I've used the Help tab I usually get very quick replies, so you'll likely see a GM jump on quickly.

Complain on the forum long after when ZOS can't do anything about it isn't really helpful. They can't do anything about bots if everyone just grouses about them on the forums instead of reporting them.
    "You dream of the Moon and a man who is less than a man."
    Proud explorer of Tamriel since 1996
  • Chirru
    Chirru
    ✭✭✭✭
    To all those thinking bots are no problem...
    think again..think your house is invaded by Rats and Cockroaches, by Maggots and other Vermin.

To all those who say that Bots are no problem and do not spoil the game experience...what you are really saying is that you would tolerate the above Vermin in your own living area.

Please understand that some of your fellow players are highly allergic to such Vermin and because of this will be driven away from the Game. Of course..all those not seeing the problem will be happily playing the game every after without anyone telling them that they are Cheating.

Yes, this is a direct accusation... Cheaters will write there is no problem with Bots in ESO. Anyone with even a shred of moral conviction will acknowledge that the Game has been invaded by Rats and Cockroaches and Maggots. The corruption caused by Bots is very visible and felt all throughout the game in various ways that all encumber those wishing to play the game in an honest way.

Well, I will make a really bold statement now: ESO just reflects what is happening in real life society. Think on that.

• Reykice
    Reykice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can`t detect any kind of cheating like teleporting or speed hacking... they have the reports but i think you should stop making them as i have reported bots only to see them level and in the next area the next day.

If they will ever care to stop the bots they will get permanent GM`s in the game banning them. Right now they only bring them so we can see them and say "wow a GM!" then they go away for most of the day.

Even 1-2 GM`s online at a time only working on banning bots would clear the server in time or at worst keep them in low level areas... when a bot train is level 45 its clear they don`t give a ***.

But no worry i`m sure their next State of the Game will tell us how much of a priority bots are... just keep paying.
  • Chirru
    Chirru
    ✭✭✭✭
    What can I say to all this... if EverQuest2 looks attractive again... this says it all.
  • redwoodtreesprite
    redwoodtreesprite
    ✭✭✭
    Chirru wrote: »
    What can I say to all this... if EverQuest2 looks attractive again... this says it all.

LOL, playing EQ2 right now. :) Double XP weekend again, and it feels soooo nice to be able to do more than 3 attacks and not be running out of power...

My hubby is really close to cancelling his sub. I am getting closer to the same thoughts myself. Paying to play a game controlled by bots is ridiculous.
  • Tarwin
    Tarwin
    ✭✭✭
    One character, One Purpose

The Botonator

"I'll be bac ... umm will show up soon"
    Edited by Tarwin on 26 May 2014 22:33
  • cabbageub17_ESO
    cabbageub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    [/quote] Pretty sure I saw that article in Infowars if you were wondering.[/quote]

Quite the reliable source
  • VlVEC
    VlVEC
    ✭✭✭
    Nice job plugging your youtube channel
    The beginning of the words is ALMSIVI. I give you this as Vivec.
    Almalexia, Sotha Sil, and Vivec.
    ヽ༼ຈ༽ل͜༼ຈ༽ノ
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just got to cold harbour. They havent ruined the quests yet, but there are a fair amount of them appearing wherever I go, many at just level 2.

There comes a point when reporting things non stop becomes more of an immersion breaker than the bots or gold sellers.

I now simply delete gold seller emails, and if Zenimax cant find people at level 2 or 3 in cold harbour with names like wxxwxxwrdx (made up name), without me stopping my game play that I'm paying for, well words fail me.

sure I can understand the need to report the odd random bot, but they are everywhere in cold harbour, a 2 year old could spot them.

I would literally be spending 15mins plus reporting all the bots for every 3 mins of game play and while for a while I was religiously reporting every gold seller and every bot, now I've had enough. I just want to play.

I love this game, could see me being here for years, but certain things are beginning to try my patience.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I reported about a month ago that the Bots were flooding the higher level areas as a reaction to the dungeon banning.

Seems nothings been done about it since. I enjoy this game but theres other games out there that I can play without the bots, gold spammers and paralyzing patches. Up to this point Ive convinced myself this game was worth the 15 dollars a month. And without the bots and gold spammers Id still be willing to hold out for bug fixes. But Im exhausted. I don't care to log in anymore because if its not one thing. Its another. And for me that's a sure sign that it might be time to unsub.
    Edited by Korah_Eaglecry on 26 May 2014 23:02
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's funny, they interfere with my questing all the time by camping in areas with quest mobs and spamming the ever-living heck out of their jabby templar attack before I can get a word in edgewise.

You're right.. that is funny.. because after playing all 3 factions, I've yet to find bots halting, inhibiting, delaying, or interrupting my game play in any noticeable way. Maybe... maybe a couple of times I had to make it a point to be quick on the trigger in a solo dungeon delve when the boss spawned, but it's not like it was a session-wrecking experience. That's about it. I'm by no means saying that I don't see them... because I do, quite often.

I'm not a fan of bots myself. But to say they're impeding normal play is a gross exaggeration.
  • Laughter Song
    They can`t detect any kind of cheating like teleporting or speed hacking... they have the reports but i think you should stop making them as i have reported bots only to see them level and in the next area the next day.

As a Developer/Programmer it is very easy to write Detection Software that can indeed detect LUA hacks - Speed, Invisibility, Flying, Underground etc.

I agree that all the bots I have reported (Even Directly to GMs or through Phone Calls) are back the very next day.

If Zenimax cared they would have GMs out in the most infested zones 24/7.
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bots are now out numbering players 10 to 1

Shenanigans. C'mon... sure there are bots. But lets get real.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You're right.. that is funny.. because after playing all 3 factions, I've yet to find bots halting, inhibiting, delaying, or interrupting my game play in any noticeable way. Maybe... maybe a couple of times I had to make it a point to be quick on the trigger in a solo dungeon delve when the boss spawned, but it's not like it was a session-wrecking experience. That's about it. I'm by no means saying that I don't see them... because I do, quite often.

I'm not a fan of bots myself. But to say they're impeding normal play is a gross exaggeration.

You do know that your experience may vary from others correct? That's like a staple in just about anything you do others may also take part in.

Its like telling a homeless man hes not hungry because you just had ate a burger.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Laughter Song

I can appreciate your response but within the beginning zones the big discussion is in zone chat every 15 minutes, "how bad the bots are" .

Sadly like many I began playing a couple weeks into the game, all of my characters are a tad below level 20. I don't have a lot of free time so consequently I am not leveling exceptionally fast and I happen to love to craft, which equates to being surrounded by bots!

There are literally 50 to 100 in Glenumbra by Eagle's Brook Way-shrine zooooming around both in the air and underground. Go take a look - or better yet, roll an alt and go gather materials to farm then after you spend hours and hours to barely get a stack of ore or jute, go share the blacksmith station with a 20 or more flying bots.

Real Game Immersion breaker...not enjoyable at all.

Edited by Laughter Song on 26 May 2014 23:24
  • indytims_ESO
    indytims_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Maybe they aren't ruining it for -you-, but they have definitely had an impact.

My wife and I were working on a quest in Greenshade that took us to a spot where we needed to kill a specific mob. There was a group of 5 bots parked on the spot, all of them using that rapid-strike skill that Templars (or DKs?) have. The mob would die so quickly, we couldn't do enough damage to get loot rights to the mob. It took us about 45 minutes until with a little luck, we were finally able to get it.

Of course, lots of 'uber' players will laugh and say, "You just suck. L2P," etc, etc, etc. /shrug. We aren't pro-players like the top 5% of the people in the game, but there are a lot of 'average' people like us out there playing and supporting the game, too. Crap like this is disheartening, but so far, it's mostly just an annoyance and not yet a dealbreaker.