Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

More / Bigger Guilds

TikiGamer
TikiGamer
✭✭
A lot has already been written about the way guilds are currently implemented.
for myself I like the idea of having several guilds, for example a trade guild, a social guild, a pvp guild etc.

However I am having constant issues in game because of the limitations. specifically either increase the number of guilds you are allowed to join, or make the number of players in a guild bigger. This is not the sort of player decision that adds any fun to the game.

This is driven from the hard limit of 500 people per guild and the guild stores - so to be able to buy and sell items I have to be a member of several trade guilds - and this means I can't join guilds for other purposes. In fact I'd argue that even if I joined five 500 player guilds for trading alone that is still too small a market.

Possible Solutions Suggestions:
  • Double the number of guilds you can join (not ideal, too many channels)
  • Increase the number of members in a guild (preferred, 2500 would be good)
  • Implement Town, zone or faction stores (non-guild auction house)
  • Make special mercantile guilds with less features but more members (cludge)

• Darastix
    Darastix
    ✭✭✭
    No, if anything we need to reduce it back to 1 guild.
  • Khandi
    Khandi
    ✭✭✭
    Darastix wrote: »
    No, if anything we need to reduce it back to 1 guild.

Yeah, ZOS killed the guild. They should just make everything BoP and be done with it. Seriously, that would solve all the complaining about the guilds...or lack of an AH.
    One should always be in love. That is the reason one should never marry.

~Oscar Wilde

• Swordguy
    Swordguy
    ✭✭✭
    trade guilds only function if the ranks are continually thinned out based on how active players are. if you are in a trade guild, and half the members haven't logged in for a week, you need to dump that trade guild and find an active one, that continually kicks the inactives and recruits actives.
    Edited by Swordguy on 27 May 2014 13:09
    IN SOVIET RUSSIA, GUN LOADS YOU!

Do you Troll bait?

Support Soundcloud, its' artists and listen to millions of free tracks...
    Like Mine! ---> https://soundcloud.com/swordguy/party-in-the-dui
    Or This Brilliant Track ----> https://soundcloud.com/teknolog1st/cstriker
  • Khandi
    Khandi
    ✭✭✭
    Swordguy wrote: »
    trade guilds only function if the ranks are continually thinned out based on how active players are. if you are in a trade guild, and half the members haven't logged in for a week, you need to dump that trade guild and find an active one, that continually kicks the inactives and recruits actives.

What a plan! Great idea!! Guild hopping, OP should have thought of that first because that is just what people want to do! Thanks Swordguy!

One should always be in love. That is the reason one should never marry.

~Oscar Wilde