Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

So, now that ALL the bots are back.

• Laughter Song
    Apparently I had my videos, images and my links that clearly showed Bots at work Flying, Stacking to receive Quest Rewards, using the Black Smith as well as videos, which clearly show how easy it is to buy bot programs were all taken out - Spam Mods say..... really spam?

If it was spam then why was not my post removed, why just the videos with proof?

Apparently "Truth" is spam.
  • temjiu
    temjiu
    ✭✭✭✭
    The solution is simple:

1) kill addons. closed UI.

2) Horses are level locked, not gold locked. examples: lvl 20 for entry horse, level 40 for upgraded horse (or whatever works). Key is make them cheap, but make them something you still have to work for, but cheap. like 1-5k gold.

3) make respecs on a sliding cooldown system. IDC what they pick. first one @ 3 day CD, next one @ 7 day. or whatever. and...again, make them cheap as dirt.

4) all gear higher then green (blue+) is bind on pickup. create a trade window with a "craft" option so crafters can upgrade other crafters gear.

5) kill the repair costs in the game. extra bank slots and bag slots aren't a critical issue, as the extra money left over will be plenty.

That will kill most the bots in the game. The reason they're here isn't because they just can...they're here because there are enough people that think they need the gold. take away any reason they have to want the gold, and you take away the botters market. Zenimostly decided to make gold a rare resource. And at the same time make you need it for almost every QoL they put in the game.

I was just playing SWtOR today. You know how many bots I saw in the 3 hours i played? zero. I was mostly on starter planets and on fleet (primary areas). no bots.

They have an enclosed market. they're cash store allows you to buy things with RM, and sell on the AH (if you don't use them yourself). money is pretty easy to make...one round of dailies nets you plenty of in game money for whatever you need (to a degree). and the simple fact that they HAVE dailies means there's always an easy access to money. and since you can get anything you want from the AH..or from the games store...there's no reason to buy from gold sellers.

Riding is cheap there. basic mounts are probably the equivalent of around 3-4k gold. the expensive ones are purely for cosmetic appearances. Respecs can get costly, but rarely more then an hours worth of dailies (that can be really easy if you pick the right ones). Subs in that game get them for free.

...oh yea, did i mention they have no add-ons? Not trying to sell that game, not saying it's the best thing since sliced bread, but just pointing out an arena where these concepts have been put into place, and they work.
    Edited by temjiu on 27 May 2014 06:51
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I've been led to believe, they are not using the addon system to create their bots.

Trouble with many of these suggested solutions is they badly interfere with the way many genuine players choose to play.

I feed my horses every day. Why should I suffer because of bots. My level 10 alt has a nice amount of additional inv space due to my horse feeding.

someone said that a level 3 farming for 12 hours who gives stuff to another player is an obvious bot.

I often log in for hours at a time to farm. When I decided to take up enchanting on my main, I started a brand new alt, and for literally hours went round and round starer island just getting runes, and while at it, getting any ore etc that I found, I then gave the other mats to guild friends.

Just because some of us play in different ways does not mean we are bots.

Binding everything to a player will kill the research system, I'm happy it takes such a long time to research everything, but only because I can share things I find with my guild.

Plus it would mean we all have to be experts in every craft, otherwise using tne suggested way, I cant find a high level item and get say one of the guilds blacksmiths to improve it.

Part of the fun of an mmo for me is to have certain guild members being the crafters for certain things. Want a glyph, come to me or a couple of others, when I want new armour, I go to xyz.

Even things like the repair costs, to me they help me play properly. Or to put it another way, me taking on a quest unprepared, if I can simply die, use soul gems and while immune run past the current to hard group of mobs, on towards the next quest item, if there's no penalty, I can simply keep doing it. However most people wouldn't do this due to the high repair costs.

All these anti bot ideas obviously come from frustration, I hate the bots as much as anyone else. But a lot of whay had been suggested in many of these threads will destroy the fun for many genuine players.
    Edited by Ojustaboo on 27 May 2014 09:52
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For people who don't remember or lived under a rock in the last 3 years, GW2 had a similar if not worse bot problem. aNet tried fighting it with measures that impacted loot for normal players and that didn't go down well.

As a result, the bots are still in GW2 but a lot of people aren't anymore
  • kalilkareem
    kalilkareem
    Soul Shriven
    Disable trading between players and remove guild bank/stores. Problem solved. Although, we gotta remember: bots pay their subs...
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Allow duping and give detailed instructions in 'Tip of the Day' to all players. Problem solved. Although, we gotta remember: bots don't pay their subs... :p
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"