Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I love what you’ve done with the place.

Theist_VII
Theist_VII
✭✭✭✭✭
v8dux86w4zp7.jpeg
Thanks ZOS, really loving these new Infinite Archive encounters, I mean who doesn’t want one of their 3-4 lives stolen by an invincible meteor?
Edited by Theist_VII on 9 September 2024 15:45
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There're three ways to make sure not losing a life to this:

1. Kill the Sages faster
    2. Be a DK with Magma Shell
    3. Debuff the meteor with Major and Minor Cowardice

If something else comes to my mind i'll let you know. Oh and congratz for having the best luck in Tamriel, you won the internet today.
    I'm but a sarcastic beef jerky. Irony and cynicism are my parents. You've been warned.
  • Theist_VII
    Theist_VII
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Couldn’t believe my eyes.

Went through all the stages of grief right before that thing blew up in my face.
    Edited by Theist_VII on 9 September 2024 17:35
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta love that rng. Lightbringers are very annoying.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I've seen a Lightbringer guard the meteor, or had a Firesong Druid put its regenerating shield around it, or had a Brewmaster put a bubble on it. Meteors should be immune to those mechanics, honestly, or then they should be able to be outranged.

I also had one once where two Mystics spawned in the same wave. They both threw their meteors about a second and a half apart from each other, and I play a full tank so neither was going down in time. Managed to shield up for the first explosion and healed back just in time to get back to like 8% by the second.
  • Theist_VII
    Theist_VII
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I've seen a Lightbringer guard the meteor, or had a Firesong Druid put its regenerating shield around it, or had a Brewmaster put a bubble on it. Meteors should be immune to those mechanics, honestly...

Preach! No way this was playtested!
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kisakee wrote: »

1. Kill the Sages faster

If something else comes to my mind i'll let you know. Oh and congratz for having the best luck in Tamriel, you won the internet today.

Can’t the meteor be destroyed before it explodes? Or is everyone talking about higher Arcs and the meteors having more health than the lower Arcs? The farthest I ever go is Arc 4 (rarely) and then I usually quit with all my lives intact because I just can’t bear it anymore. 🤯 ☄️
    Edited by Elvenheart on 10 September 2024 02:14
  • JemadarofCaerSalis
    JemadarofCaerSalis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »

1. Kill the Sages faster

Can’t the meteor be destroyed before it explodes? Or is everyone talking about higher Arcs and the meteors having more health than the lower Arcs? The farthest I ever go is Arc 4 (rarely) and then I usually quit with all my lives intact because I just can’t bear it anymore. 🤯 ☄️

I think in the screenshot, the meteor is invulnerable, probably from something giving it a buff?, which means it can't be killed.
  • Theist_VII
    Theist_VII
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. Kill the Sages faster

I think in the screenshot, the meteor is invulnerable, probably from something giving it a buff?, which means it can't be killed.

Yeah new enemies were added to Infinite Archive that have the ability to give their allies invincibility or ridiculous resistances in an AOE.

When they inevitably stack with a Meteor in the higher Arcs where enemies take forever to die, it’s a free death that can’t be prevented outside of stacking Cowardice debuff skills or sets.
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theist_VII wrote: »
    v8dux86w4zp7.jpeg
    Thanks ZOS, really loving these new Infinite Archive encounters, I mean who doesn’t want one of their 3-4 lives stolen by an invincible meteor?

WHOOOOT?????

Who needs meteors?

The minotaur is enough for me. I run out of stamina while blocking his constant heavies quicker than 30% of the cooldown of my stam restoring potion expires which ends one thread already...
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. Kill the Sages faster

The Meteor can be destroyed in time if it's outside any damage immunity or damage reduction AoEs (Lightbringer's pool of light, Mystic's bubble, Firesong Druid's circle of fire). At least on Arc 1, the exploding Meteor can be blocked with enough HP (manageable at 35k).
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yikes, an invulnerable meteor... of all the unlucky mechanics that can conincide this is definitely up there.
  • JiubLeRepenti
    JiubLeRepenti
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even after 3-4 recent runs above 5th arc, I don't remember to have seen/heard something that was clearly announcing the meteor was coming. And everytime I was able to destroy it, was when I randomly saw it somewhere in the arena.

I don't have any problem with the mech (that is also present in Scrivener's Hall dungeon). But in Scrivener's Hall, the arena is far smaller and you can't miss it. IA arenas are really big and it's very easy to miss something like that.

Not notifying the player that the meteor is appearing is a weird move imo. Or if it is announced, then it's probably not very clear/explicit.
    BE/FR l PC EU l CP2400
    Just fell in love with housing! House vid: TES III Morrowind biggest fan!
  • JiubLeRepenti
    JiubLeRepenti
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah new enemies were added to Infinite Archive that have the ability to give their allies invincibility or ridiculous resistances in an AOE.

Ah yea... These wonderful, amazing, delightful, sweet exclusion/restricted zones...

These Dro-m'Athra mages that impeach you to cast your skills...

We all love them, don't we? Especially when you're at your 5th arc and take eternity to down enemies with potato dps.
    1menatzo5yse.gif [qphs4efyogzu.gif [qphs4efyogzu.gif
    BE/FR l PC EU l CP2400
    Just fell in love with housing! House vid: TES III Morrowind biggest fan!
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The meteor's damage cannot be blocked and cannot be shielded.

But as people have pointed out, it is subject to cowardice, which, thanks to Scribing, has become a lot easier to access for non-nightblades. Meteor spawns inside a Radiance circle? The way to survive that, aside from having a ton of health, is to apply both minor and major cowardice.

And given how effective cowardice is in general in IA (it's absolutely required for high-arc runs for non-DKs), that's something that all players should be looking at equipping, esp. since it's much more accessible now via Scribing.
    Edited by code65536 on 10 September 2024 12:27
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch