Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How can I skip the DLC dungeon daily rewards?

• GuuMoonRyoung
    GuuMoonRyoung
    ✭✭✭✭
    loosej wrote: »
    I have been playing mmorpg since 2008, yeah I know, late to the party, but I have never seen a playerbase as odd as ESO's. Even kids playing fortnite are not averse to a little bit of "hard" time and ESO is for M+...

For me it's not about being averse to a little bit of hard time, it's the chaos. Tank not even slotting inner fire to taunt, Speedy Gonzalez running ahead and triggering encounter in progress just when someone else discovered a master chest, meanwhile cp 160 L3g0l4s_<random number> in the back is near death and running away backwards from a single enemy. And none of those things are the individual's fault really, the problem is that the game doesn't "guide" you into making it a smooth experience for everyone. In other mmo's I've mostly enjoyed pug dungeons, and while sometimes frustrating, the different people you encountered made it more interesting to me than always running with the same group. In this game, not so much though, and I'll sometimes even prefer taking my time soloing the place over joining a random group.

You are describing the everyday RND experience, having a few more dungeons in the RND queue would neither improve nor regress the situation. The topic is that 2 more dungeons are now being added to RND queue and OP and some others are complaining that they are too hard for them and they don't want to do "hard" content in RND.
  • LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anifaas wrote: »
    I have been playing mmorpg since 2008, yeah I know, late to the party, but I have never seen a playerbase as odd as ESO's. Even kids playing fortnite are not averse to a little bit of "hard" time and ESO is for M+...

I know what you mean. I think it's because ESO is catered around being the best single-player MMO on the market rather than a great multiplayer MMO. End game activities in ESO are more catered towards people who want to decorate and play fancy dress: crown store and virtual consumption activities.

Also TES 1-5 were pretty easy solo games and it seems many of the fans from those ancient games abhor MMOs, standard MMO culture and challenging content. This mindset seems to pervade ESO. But on the bright side, even though the proportion of end game community who enjoy challenges (such as veteran dungeons) may be quite small here compared to other MMOs they are usually incredibly welcoming and eager to invite you to their reindeer games. Quite the opposite of the M+ crowd in WoW or the elite TFO crowd in STO.

We 'fans from those ancient games' are the reason that ESO exists at all.
    We wanted to see and travel the other provinces that were referenced in all the lore books.
    Most of these books exist word-for-word in TESIII Morrowind and are now 22 years old.

We didn't expect to be invaded by players from Those Other Games who were expecting ESO to be a traditional MMO.
    We didn't ask for you all to import your associated MMO culture.
    We just wanted to play the full continent of Tamriel, with other like-minded players.

Housing and modding have have been a feature of TES games since the inception of the 'Morrowind Abodes' player-website and the dramatic upheaval in modding that occurred from the discovery of the 'double-door' bug. this subsequently led to Morrowind becoming a seriously popular game, when compared to the success if its ES predecessors.

This discussion is not about these two dungeons being hard or not.
    It's about including them into the random dungeon finder and the consequences of that.

REQUIREMENTS NOT MET
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LaintalAy wrote: »
    Anifaas wrote: »

I know what you mean. I think it's because ESO is catered around being the best single-player MMO on the market rather than a great multiplayer MMO. End game activities in ESO are more catered towards people who want to decorate and play fancy dress: crown store and virtual consumption activities.

Also TES 1-5 were pretty easy solo games and it seems many of the fans from those ancient games abhor MMOs, standard MMO culture and challenging content. This mindset seems to pervade ESO. But on the bright side, even though the proportion of end game community who enjoy challenges (such as veteran dungeons) may be quite small here compared to other MMOs they are usually incredibly welcoming and eager to invite you to their reindeer games. Quite the opposite of the M+ crowd in WoW or the elite TFO crowd in STO.

We 'fans from those ancient games' are the reason that ESO exists at all.
    We wanted to see and travel the other provinces that were referenced in all the lore books.
    Most of these books exist word-for-word in TESIII Morrowind and are now 22 years old.

We didn't expect to be invaded by players from Those Other Games who were expecting ESO to be a traditional MMO.
    We didn't ask for you all to import your associated MMO culture.
    We just wanted to play the full continent of Tamriel, with other like-minded players.

Housing and modding have have been a feature of TES games since the inception of the 'Morrowind Abodes' player-website and the dramatic upheaval in modding that occurred from the discovery of the 'double-door' bug. this subsequently led to Morrowind becoming a seriously popular game, when compared to the success if its ES predecessors.

This discussion is not about these two dungeons being hard or not.
    It's about including them into the random dungeon finder and the consequences of that.

they have always been included in the random dungeon finder, just because you never saw them doesnt mean they dont exist

if the dungeons bother you that much dont claim the daily rewards, its that simple

should there be a way to decline/skip a days rewards? probably but that hasnt been implemented so have to deal with what currently exists
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if the dungeons bother you that much dont claim the daily rewards, its that simple

I'm not. I already said that.

If I want to run either of these dungeons, I'll subscribe to ESO+. But when I run a random, I don't see that I have to bail and take the time penalty for getting a dungeon that I don't like. So I won't.

REQUIREMENTS NOT MET
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    Soarora wrote: »
    notyuu wrote: »
    RaikaNA wrote: »
    Am I the only person who doesn't want to do Fang Lair or Scalecaller Peak on their daily random dungeon?
    I've made it a point not to own the dlc dungeons so that when I am doing randoms I only have to worry about main game ones when my ESO+ isn't up. That way, I have control of when I want to put serious time and effort into ESO and when I choose to take a more chilled approach.
    It's a pity because some of the other rewards for September look nice.

Is there a reason behind the phobia of DLC dungeons? Most of them are quite easy :)

Yeah, it's called the average player struggles to hit 10k dps

When I was new I pretty much exclusively ran fang lair. It was my first vet dungeon. I don’t recall if it was my first normal dungeon too or not. My DPS was terrible. I got kicked sometimes. But I still ran fang lair anyways.
    Of course, I’m just me and I’m biased towards defending this DLC (my pfp is Thurvokun for a reason… I actually forgot it was until I posted this haha), but having low dps doesn’t 100% mean you'll hate fang lair and SCP.

I’m tired of the hate towards dungeons from casuals and the trial community. If you don’t genuinely try to get into dlc dungeons, you’ll never know if you’ll like them. The dungeon community needs more people. I found dungeons the most fun when I was a casual and they were hard, unfortunately even HM for many dungeons are just too easy which is why the trial community laughs at dungeons.

I feel it’s not the dungeons themselves necessarily, it’s other players.

Quick background, I am an emergency alt for a trial group. Just recently we did vet trial hard mode (I got perfected gear) with less than a full group.

I don’t like doing dlc dungeons even on normal, as I don’t want the headache of strangers judging me. Vanilla dungeons? Those are easy enough that no one cares. But dlc dungeons, suddenly the fear of vote kicking comes up.

I think the reluctance to do dlc dungeons is justifiable. Some people just want to play, and not have their efforts judged by others.

Personally I don’t do random group finder AT ALL. If I run a dungeon it’s with a premade of people I at least kinda know or I just don't go.
    I am doing vet trials, I should be fine, but I just don’t want to be put in that position.

I've never had an issue with people kicking in normal dungeons.

I also have not had much issue with kicking or being judged and I do random vets all the time. As a new player, I found PuGs to be very fun with us all working as a group to do the mechanics the way they were intended to be done. I got kicked and told DPS was too low a few times, but in the end I just switched to a different role and came back to DPS later.
    As an endgamer, I do random vets with the purpose of finding players like all of you and getting through the dungeon together. I’ve had to res spam and carry healers as a tank but I don’t complain and they’re always thankful. I don’t leave unless I find the group itself to be rude, where everyone runs ahead and pulls before me and no one talks, or there’s a fake role so bad its not possible to finish the dungeon.
    Very rarely I get people being mean but basically every time, its people who don’t know what they’re talking about. I’ve gotten yelled at for the Lamia screaming at the group, which is a mechanic not a tank problem. I’ve seen someone be yelled at for low DPS and me questioned if I knew the mechanics… group DPS was fine and yes I knew the mechanics, just had to shake off the rust. They either do not know what they’re talking about to begin with or they’re having a bad day… or they’re just sucky people.

On the other side of things, yes, people may judge your build or performance and won’t tell you about it, no they will not remember your name and most likely won’t remember the run at all. In the end, we’ve all been there. We all started with bad builds and not knowing mechanics. Lots of people are kind and will explain mechanics or are just like you when it comes to unease about PuGs, a few bad apples don’t ruin the bunch and all that.

Edit: it’s like that lovely thread recently about doing trials and finding out the community is not as toxic as they thought. People who really do not like dungeon PuGs because they think the players are terrible… don’t do dungeon PuGs. Or they do random normal and are those speedrunners everyone hates.
    Edited by Soarora on 6 September 2024 00:45
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    AlnilamE wrote: »

Then they can bail and take the penalty. They are not losing anything.
    I've had that happen with the tank in Fang Lair and the rest of the group went on while we waited and we were at the last boss by the time another tank showed up.

Personally, I am a bit miffed by this attitude. The random dungeon finder is there to help people form groups for content they need. I accept that and I take what I get when I run randoms.

But if I decide to farm gear for sticker book or a motif in a DLC dungeon, I'm now not deserving of help because a dungeon might take 5 minutes longer?

I don't see your point.

From comments I see everyday here, the random dungeon finder is for people to farm transmutes.
    Apparently, all other priorities are rescinded.

If you're dungeoning for a specific purpose, all advice I've seen here to date is: Use The Group Finder.

If I want to run either of these dungeons, I'll subscribe to ESO+. But when I run a random, I don't see that I have to bail and take the time penalty for getting a dungeon that I don't like. So I won't.

It sounds like sarcasm here, so I am curious just what everyone is suggesting when saying those who queue for specific dungeons should use the group finder versus those queuing for randoms get to use the dungeon finder.

Just how does that work? If one person wants to farm an unknown number of times to get the gear he or she needs, is it then acceptable to leave the group when that is met, or if there are others who need gear don’t have what they need does the leader have to stay on?

These questions are why I haven’t tried it. If the consensus is the speed runner gets priority, which I never would agree with, then I am not sure if it is rude to leave when you get what you need or not.

There is no clear ettiequte for this. Although, I would argue a group finder lead should have more authority than some random guy speed runner in a random dungeon.

Not sure how others go about it but when I join a group for a gear run I stick around for a few more rounds if I get what I want before others in the group. If I'm just filling my sticker book and someone in the group is farming gear for a build I'll usually trade it to them instead of binding it.
    If the group leader is planning on leaving I think they should ask who still in the group wants lead so they can fill the group and continue.
    I don't mind if others drop as soon as they get what they need. Not as bad as it used to be now that we have the sticker book but a player could have run that dungeon many many times before the current group and just be tired of it.

Sounds reasonable to me. I’m going to try to get a group to run Coral Aerie tomorrow for the pledge and hopefully do the secret bosses for the mythic lead I haven’t got yet. I’m not concerned with gear as I have only ran that maybe twice so far.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Katzenzunge
    Katzenzunge
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is that it's early in the month so it looks like September is a bust.
    Yes, this is something that I don't understand either. It almost forces you to take them if you want the other monthly rewards.

But there's no point discussing that now; because (sarcastically) these dungeons are just easy and there's no rational argument for not wanting them to be included into the daily reward structure. :'(

I do get your point, but it seems you're still not getting the random dungeons queue.
    It's not there for you to farm transmutes, even if that's the sole reason you are doing them.
    You get the transmutes because you are choosing to fill a random group.
    So, no. You not liking them is in fact, not a "rational" argument to exclude them from the structure.

Because then it would not be random. Which then would not give you the rewards for filling in a random dungeon.

• LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is that it's early in the month so it looks like September is a bust.
    Yes, this is something that I don't understand either. It almost forces you to take them if you want the other monthly rewards.

But there's no point discussing that now; because (sarcastically) these dungeons are just easy and there's no rational argument for not wanting them to be included into the daily reward structure. :'(

I do get your point, but it seems you're still not getting the random dungeons queue.
    It's not there for you to farm transmutes, even if that's the sole reason you are doing them.
    You get the transmutes because you are choosing to fill a random group.
    So, no. You not liking them is in fact, not a "rational" argument to exclude them from the structure.

Because then it would not be random. Which then would not give you the rewards for filling in a random dungeon.

:|

REQUIREMENTS NOT MET
  • alpha_synuclein
    alpha_synuclein
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m tired of the hate towards dungeons from casuals and the trial community. If you don’t genuinely try to get into dlc dungeons, you’ll never know if you’ll like them. The dungeon community needs more people. I found dungeons the most fun when I was a casual and they were hard, unfortunately even HM for many dungeons are just too easy which is why the trial community laughs at dungeons.

Where did you experienced this hate for dungeons in trial community? I'm running trials for few years now. I've mostly run dungeons with people that I've met in trials. Heck, I learned most HMs with or from people met in prog groups. I don't recall experiencing or even hearing any disdain towards dungeons that would come from trial people...
    (I'm PC/EU)

• Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Where did you experienced this hate for dungeons in trial community? I'm running trials for few years now. I've mostly run dungeons with people that I've met in trials. Heck, I learned most HMs with or from people met in prog groups. I don't recall experiencing or even hearing any disdain towards dungeons that would come from trial people...
    (I'm PC/EU)

I should be more specific instead of over generalizing, you’re right. I let my frustration make it sound worse than it is. It’s a portion of the higher end side of the trial community who optimize dungeons like its a scorepushing trial group. I’ve met several people like this, though I’m not sure it’s the majority. Unfortunately though, they’re not entirely wrong to think dungeons are too easy. I feel like most trial trifectas have prestige while only like… coral aerie trifecta does when it comes to dungeons.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!