Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Best QOL so far, and QOL you wish for in the future

• TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2 - please no. I like finding them on all my alts. I never buy them....

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a toggle that I can use to decide if my companion is free range or has to stay within 12 meters of me.

With the armory system I would like to be able to hoover over a slot and it tell me what piece of armor is suppose to be there. It's a pain right in the ole backside when the armor you need is in the bank or a housing container and you have no idea what items you need.

I would still like to toggle off the little glowing balls on my characters when they wear certain armor pieces. They make me a bit motion sick sometimes. Balls on other players characters don't bother me.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Call me crazy but a tap to sprint option so you don't have to hold down shift.
  • Techwolf_Lupindo
    Techwolf_Lupindo
    ✭✭✭
    Some QOL I like to see.
    • Werewolf skins. Either via achievement system or Crown Store, perferetly both.
    • More sell slots in the Guild Store. Often times I fill it up and have more to sell. This can be Crown or Gold purchase per xx slots to a max.
    • ESO+ will double the number of sell slots in Guild Store. This would be a big seller of ESO+s. Right now, the big seller is the craft bag and lots of smaller, but non-QOL features.
    • Increase the size limit of guilds. Right now, it is hard to get weekly groups going with the 500 limit as so few that are on at any time. Increase can be Crown or Gold purchase of xx slots to the limit. Prefer new limit of 2000.
    • Crown Store item to add guild slots to the account. Over the years, I had to drop over 5 guilds to make room for new ones. Would love more guild slots, even if Crown store item.
    • ESO+ Book. Like the craft bag, but instead of mats, will hold all the pages of motifs, recipes and other paper stuff. This is can actually be done in Real Life, why not the inside the game itself? I can easily hold a book with over a 1000 pages, this can easly handle all the motifs, treasure maps, styles, etc. in the game if I actually print them out. Want to be EVIL, not only require ESO+, but sell it in the crown store. *grins*

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS has made lots of QOL in ESO, some examples are multible crafing at craft stations, multible refining of raw material, questing freely in your favorite zones after One Tamriel update and much more.

My wish for QOL in the future for new players are: Antiquity dailies to progress scrying and excavation skill lines faster for new players (like mages guild and undaunted dailies etc.) , and make mythic items a bit easier to obtain. It could lower the entry level for end game PVE and PVP. I think it could recruit more of the new players to try end game PVE (Lots of online guides are based on BIS like mythics), and lower the entry level to PVP.

Please comment on my thoughts, and post your favorite QOL so far, and what QOL you want includet in ESO in the future

Those good Quality of Life changes were far too long ago. Multi-refining/crafting has been around for a long time. Lately only things like IA get what is claimed to be QoL, but which really only help a very limited set of players.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Character Specific Achievements (CSA for short), i.e. the anti-U35 feature.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would really like :

1. Story mode dungeons and maybe trials for smooth story experience.
    2. Account wide skyshard unlocked when completed for the first time, stop with the cash shop nonsense.
    3. Account wide crafting research or research timer reduction by 50% and ability to research every slot together once Grandmaster Crafter achievement unlocked.
    4. Removal of bites from cash shop and make them available from encounters in every map in the game, we could hear npcs talk about some creepy stuff happening in an area and once we go there are night a vampire or werewolf would attack us and give us the virus.
    5. Allow us to directly respec from the skill and attribute menu. Make the cost of skill respec based on how many skill points have been handled.
    6. Account wide armory unlock when the 1500 crown armory slot item purchased from cash shop. An alternative 250 crown character unlock can be added to cash shop.
    7. Any system that alters the gameplay experience significantly, for example, Jewelrycrafting, Antiquities, Scribing, should be added to base game.

I have more but I don't think any of the above will ever happen. So... yeah...

It wouldn't help me much now, but stop needing to pre-craft things to research if one of my alts knows the information. Just soak up the mats and let me research it. I would love an account-wide one better, but at least free up banking space while doing it for many alts!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    #2 - please no. I like finding them on all my alts. I never buy them....

And this shows the flaw. Those of us who do not like finding them 10-20 times (or more) do want it. Make it optional if you want, don't just not have it!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Let me gather surveys much more efficiently!

Hold patterns, motifs and master writs in their own bag.

Stack more similar things.

Let me queue/craft/deliver several master writs at once.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Favorites are probably the stickerbook, transmutation station, AwA.

Would like to see:
    - more efficient way to collect crafting surveys
    - stackable treasure maps
    - way to filter out known motifs/furnishing plans in the guild stores
  • FayJolyn
    FayJolyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Master crafting stations was a great upgrade.

For the future I would like being able to just take a specified amount of items out of a stack in guildbanks.
    Now we have to take all the items out first, split the amount we want ourselves, and put the rest back.
    Zha'ishii - Kahjiit nightblade (main) PC-EU
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shara_Wynn wrote: »
    Best QoL improvements for me so far have been:

1. Sticker book alongside transmute station.
    2. Master Crafting Stations.
    3. World Wide Achievements (yes I like these).
    4. Auto opening, looting and deleting of hireling emails.
    5. Anytime they ever make items stackable.

What I would like to see is:

1. A furnishing bag, but that will likely never happen.
    2. A /unstuck command that lets you get out of being stuck while still remaining within the same instance.
    3. A fix for the stuck in combat bug.
    4. Surveys that don't require you to run away and come back again before refreshing.
    5. Get rid of the sorc flappy pet. Just make it stop flapping and make it demonstrably smaller.
    6. Get rid of the arcanist class's blinding laser beam. :p
    7. Get rid of grim focus perma-glow.

AWA Are amazing. Don't be fooled by the vocal minority!
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just my two Septims - my signature
  • Bo0137
    Bo0137
    ✭✭✭✭
    Naming your gear! Skyrim had that.

Naming your gear is very very useful for people that have many different builds.

Examples: "farming boots"; "lightning aoe chest"; "infinite archive gloves".

Yes we do have Build Slots and the Armory Assistant. But even then it would be very helpful to actually name your gear. For ease of navigating your inventory. And finding lost items in the chests at home
    -On my shoulder, Ms. Ahvine
  • Bo0137
    Bo0137
    ✭✭✭✭
    Selecting if you want to display mount upgrades per mount, not per character.

I like wearing full mount gear on my anniversary steed. I like my ghost-like guar to show more of their skin.

If I am to manually go to settings and select these options for every mount... unfeasible.
    -On my shoulder, Ms. Ahvine
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love:
    Outfitting system
    Companions
    Stickerbook
    Transmuting

Like:
    AWA
    Grandmaster crafting tables
    Streamlined procedures for writs
    Endeavors and resultant crown store seals
    Raising transmute gem cap to 1000

Dislike:
    Card game
    Infinite Archive
    Trend toward more neon cartoonish graphics (exploding mounts, Arcanist skills. . . )

Top wish items:
    Fix diaperbutt on Timbercrow Wanderer costume
    Companions: Headgear and small inventory to carry spare companion gear
    Moving hair on more hairstyles
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some QOL I like to see.
    • Werewolf skins. Either via achievement system or Crown Store, perferetly both.
    • More sell slots in the Guild Store. Often times I fill it up and have more to sell. This can be Crown or Gold purchase per xx slots to a max.
    • ESO+ will double the number of sell slots in Guild Store. This would be a big seller of ESO+s. Right now, the big seller is the craft bag and lots of smaller, but non-QOL features.
    • Increase the size limit of guilds. Right now, it is hard to get weekly groups going with the 500 limit as so few that are on at any time. Increase can be Crown or Gold purchase of xx slots to the limit. Prefer new limit of 2000.
    • Crown Store item to add guild slots to the account. Over the years, I had to drop over 5 guilds to make room for new ones. Would love more guild slots, even if Crown store item.
    • ESO+ Book. Like the craft bag, but instead of mats, will hold all the pages of motifs, recipes and other paper stuff. This is can actually be done in Real Life, why not the inside the game itself? I can easily hold a book with over a 1000 pages, this can easly handle all the motifs, treasure maps, styles, etc. in the game if I actually print them out. Want to be EVIL, not only require ESO+, but sell it in the crown store. *grins*

I would also love to have Werewolf skins. The Roar skill style in U43 is a start towards enabling Werewolf form customization, but me and many others are hoping to have the ability to change the fur color of our characters — whether that be via Skill Styles for the Werewolf Transformation skill itself, more "Special" collectibles like the Slate-Gray Summoned Bear collectible which does a similar thing, or otherwise.

@ZOS_Kevin
  • Stafford197
    Stafford197
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove the Environmental Sustainability Changes. I’m sick of this 30 FPS cap in menus. That’s the QoL change I need rn.
  • Divine_Arrows
    Divine_Arrows
    Soul Shriven
    The biggest QOL improvement I can think of is performance. Please take the time to fix the recent crash issues. It has been months at this point.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The biggest QOL improvement I can think of is performance. Please take the time to fix the recent crash issues. It has been months at this point.

Fixing bugs and crashes are expectations for a normal game, not quality of life changes.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Jestir
    Jestir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Favorite sticker book, don't think I would be as dedicated to the game without it

Wanted? A way to change class, preferably through the armory but more realistically a class change token
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    QoL requests:
    -Multi survey collecting.
    -Master crafting stations across the road of the master writ turn-in in grahtwood. With all the set crafting stations we have unlocked in our house added to it. (huge QoL for non-add-on users like me, no longer porting back and forth a gazillion times)
    -Master writ bag!
    -Armory gearbag.
    -Triple companion builds, so we can easily switch them between three different set-ups/roles.
    -Accountwide scripts: or multiple/more drop sources for scripts(hate dailies).
    -Bigger inventory(atleast 500 slots).
    -"Only show unknown/not learned." in guildtraders.
    Edited by Sarannah on 28 August 2024 08:18
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've thought of one-

can you make the icon for the capital city in each map slightly bigger or a different colour or something... the amount of time I'm staring at the map trying to find it, and so the right wayshrine, because I don't recall where they all are....

And another would be-- a way to say on the wayshrine list, the city which is the capital city of AD, DC, EP because I just never recall that either.

Actually while I'm on icons..... by god but I never get the icons for friends group and guild right.... always click on the wrong one. Have to say they're not exactly genius examples of symbol design.... any tweaks gratefully accepted.
    Edited by Pelanora on 28 August 2024 09:19
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A toggle to replace the recent PC controller update. I didn't buy the game through Steam but have to run it through Steam to get the additional buttons on my pro PlayStation controller to work, so now I get a hitch every time I swap from keyboard, swap bars on controller and even move. Plus having to double press buttons to get skills to work, which has been a thing since an update early in the year. No point in trying to do dungeons, trials, arenas or PVP because I can't fight properly. So at this point I'm mostly just doing writs and endeavours and playing another game for the rest of the night. And wondering why I do those dailies, tbh.
    Edited by LadyLethalla on 28 August 2024 10:24
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • edward_frigidhands
    edward_frigidhands
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS has made lots of QOL in ESO, some examples are multible crafing at craft stations, multible refining of raw material, questing freely in your favorite zones after One Tamriel update and much more.

My wish for QOL in the future for new players are: Antiquity dailies to progress scrying and excavation skill lines faster for new players (like mages guild and undaunted dailies etc.) , and make mythic items a bit easier to obtain. It could lower the entry level for end game PVE and PVP. I think it could recruit more of the new players to try end game PVE (Lots of online guides are based on BIS like mythics), and lower the entry level to PVP.

Please comment on my thoughts, and post your favorite QOL so far, and what QOL you want includet in ESO in the future

A commitment to continued improvement to server performance and connectivity along with transparency regarding how this is being handled.