Can we get rid of Engine Guardian in PvP?

SandandStars
SandandStars
✭✭✭✭✭
Can we please?
  • Foto1
    Foto1
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    PC/EU CP 1200+
    Artaxerks stamina dk khajiit
    Wayna Qhapaq magicka dk argonian
    Rorekur stamina sorc orc
    Maria de Medici magicka sorc breton
    Cordeilla stamina warden wood elf
    Quienn Gwendolen magicka warden high elf
    Nefertari stamina necro khajiit
    Boadicea Icenian magicka templar dark elf
    Clarice de Medici healer nb breton
    Options
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow.

why do you want to keep it?
    Options
  • edward_frigidhands
    edward_frigidhands
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow.

Well it's your idea. Why don't we start with you talking about it?
    Options
  • rauyran
    rauyran
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we please?

Why?
    Options
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Proc exists
    • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
    • PC/NA
    • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
    • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
    • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
    • Dragon Frog - Butterscotch Dragon Frog
    • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"
    Options
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That is a so random request. My counter question is but why?
    Because I can!
    Options
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    Wild guess: a decade of targetable pets randomly body blocking you because tab target doesn't work properly in PvP... kinda getting old. EG itself is fine otherwise, please for the love of Sithis fix tab targeting in PvP.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
    Options
  • ProudMary
    ProudMary
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we please?

No. I agree it's super annoying, but .....
    Options
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wild guess: a decade of targetable pets randomly body blocking you because tab target doesn't work properly in PvP... kinda getting old. EG itself is fine otherwise, please for the love of Sithis fix tab targeting in PvP.

Nah, instead they destroyed a perfectly fine set in Plaguebreak because it was "unfair" that the pets could proc it. The same pets which also seem to take damage every time you try to unleash one on your actual target.
    Options
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Make it untargetable.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
    Options
  • Iriidius
    Iriidius
    ✭✭✭
    Engine guardian isn‘t even overpowered or used by many people. Some people use it for sustain because all other sustain monstersets are bad, Roksa isnt out that long and requires DLC and gives too low mag/stam regen. Hitting the NPC is annoying but gets overestimated. A change is not required, but if it was ZoS could just make it untargetable instrat of deleting it.
    would be nice to have a stam+mag regen insteat of hp regen 1 piece.

Nah, instead they destroyed a perfectly fine set in Plaguebreak because it was "unfair" that the pets could proc it. The same pets which also seem to take damage every time you try to unleash one on your actual target.
    Plaguebreak was not nerfed because it could proc from player pets, the one or maybe 2 pets that a player has wouldn’t even do much dmg when it procs.
    It was nerfed because of PvE. Players used plaguebreak to kill groups of adds in dungeons/trials/arenas/usw or kill the boss by killing nearby adds. Players were reaching 600k dps on dummy by placing a group of 320k dummys around a trial dummy than oneshotting the trial dummy with plaguebreak from smaller dummys.
    In PvE pets also werent the main problems but guards. Players killed other players with plaguebreak by nearby guards. You didn‘t even had to hide between your own guards to get killed by plaguebreak, plaguebreak users hided between enemy guards to kill the guards and enemy players or pull them to enemy players to kill both. Occult Overload was even worse, you needed only 2-3 npcs to kill a player even when they were blocking or in corrosive. Was 1vXing in farragut yard to defend keep and got oneshottet with 25.6k oblivion dmg by 2 guards I didnt even saw because they were chasing the players chasing me and died.
    Options
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i’d be fine with it being untargetable

It just seems like an annoying crutch in PVP
    Options
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Iriidius Oh, I know the main reason was the effects it was having in PVE, with the occasional PVP crossover. They could have made it so "monsters" or "adds" or whatever could not proc it. Then they took the extra step and said that pets proccing it was unfair, which is absolutely ridiculous. If pets can absorb damage in PVP, with or without the wonky targeting issues, pets should also proc sets like PVP. It shouldn't work both ways.
    Options
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Iriidius Oh, I know the main reason was the effects it was having in PVE, with the occasional PVP crossover. They could have made it so "monsters" or "adds" or whatever could not proc it. Then they took the extra step and said that pets proccing it was unfair, which is absolutely ridiculous. If pets can absorb damage in PVP, with or without the wonky targeting issues, pets should also proc sets like PVP. It shouldn't work both ways.

Pets were never able to proc Plaguebreak - i.e., they could not apply the DoT to enemies.

If you killed a pet pre-nerf, then it would explode, but that would almost never happen, as Pets take drastically reduced AoE damage and you're typically killing people with AoE if you're using Plaguebreak.

Pets (and other adds) still contribute to the scaling of Plaguebreak, so the nerf was basically moot in PvP, as guards and Pets will still scale Plaguebreak really high.

I agree however that Pets should be able to proc sets.
    Options
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    let’s get rid of engine guardian in pvp

😁
    Options
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    wow.

Well it's your idea. Why don't we start with you talking about it?

That is a very good point. Suggesting getting rid of something without providing any basis for that opinion is meaningless which means the devs will swipe left and move on in a heartbeat.

Options
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i’d be fine with it being untargetable

It just seems like an annoying crutch in PVP

How is it an annoying crutch in PvP? Is it just that it is targetable or is it that they give up sets that increase damage or some other benefits to randomly get some resources?

The devil is in the details which is important to include.

Options
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no offense, but do you play pvp?

if u do, it’s pretty annoying. it acts like a shield and soaks up damage.

robot cheatball, ive heard it called
    Options
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    no offense, but do you play pvp?

lol. Yes.

my point seems to have been effective since I was pointed out that one must explain their opinion on a matter to have a chance to get the dev's attention versus just stating one wants something to change. This is something multiple posters have responded about.

I suggest editing the OP to explain things in case the devs have not already swiped left on this thread. That is if this is important enough to take that time.

Options
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    Is it just that it is targetable
    Yeah, tab targeting fails to function properly in PvP. Tab the opponent, crosshairs on, but the proc still body blocks. Good old MMO position tracking. The concept of a random proc that randomly eats your attacks is horrendous PvP game design. If tab targeting worked as expected, it would be fine. If the proc was untargetable, it would be fine.
    Options
  • Sporigudinai
    Sporigudinai
    ✭✭✭
    Do you wanna help farming the monster set?
    PC-NA
    Options
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it just that it is targetable
    Yeah, tab targeting fails to function properly in PvP. Tab the opponent, crosshairs on, but the proc still body blocks. Good old MMO position tracking. The concept of a random proc that randomly eats your attacks is horrendous PvP game design. If tab targeting worked as expected, it would be fine. If the proc was untargetable, it would be fine.

I know how it works. Thank you, though. That was not the point of my post. The original post of this thread just asks to get rid of the set in PvP. That is a guaranteed way to get the devs to ignore the thread since it offers nothing.

Options
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are better sets that significantly outperform Engine Guardian.

That said, there are some players that I see struggle without it, so it's their Carry Bot 3000.

I ran it briefly a couple years ago on my Stamden but it felt cheesy and I've never used it since.
    PC | NA | CP 2.3k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
    Options
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I know how it works. Thank you, though. That was not the point of my post. The original post of this thread just asks to get rid of the set in PvP. That is a guaranteed way to get the devs to ignore the thread since it offers nothing.
    All you did was attack the other poster. I explained why Engine Guardian can be seen a problem. You're welcome.
    Options
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    All you did was attack the other poster. I explained why Engine Guardian can be seen a problem. You're welcome.

No. I asked if the reason they posted was the only reason. They may have had more to add. Details are important, and if there is more information, it may help tilt any interest the devs may have with this. The devil is in the details.

That is not attacking. Not even remotely close to that.
    Options
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean it pets are the problem, why not implement targeting priority "player > npc enemy > player's pet" ?
    That will resolve all the issues mentioned above.
    Options
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Details are important
    I provided the details you requested. I answered your question in good faith. Yes, targeting problems are the only problem with that set, and have been for a decade. You did not need the OP personally to say that. Any PvPer can say that.
    Options
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i’d love if they could implement targetting priority

(10 yr old stuck in combat bug shrugs)

i think i’m in the vast minority that doesnt enjoy having gear and cheese doing the fighting

everyone’s running tarnished, way of fire, and good old flames of oblivion hitting pretty hard for doing… nothing

it’s just the way ppl like the game

Options
  • Sporigudinai
    Sporigudinai
    ✭✭✭
    I never used tab target on PvP. Is it WOW?
    PC-NA
    Options
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I never used tab target on PvP. Is it WOW?
    Yeah it's known from there, you highlight an enemy with the tab key, now your attacks should target that enemy.
    Options