Is the current state of PvP more enjoyable or less enjoyable than previous years?

• edward_frigidhands
    edward_frigidhands
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More enjoyable. (why?)
    PvP and server performance have slowly improved over the years.

There is always room for more improvement.

Some recent issues have been negatively impacting server performance reducing it at some points or the day too much.
    Options
  • Alharion
    Alharion
    ✭✭✭
    The pvp of TESO is certainly the worst experience of all time still existing, it is probably the worst balance ever seen, yet it is a studio that does not lack means or even staff, but we are there anyway.

Already this horrible feeling of having a character who slips is a horrible experience never seen elsewhere, you do not have the impression of range the blows, especially in melee, the sensation is horrible.

I find the fights difficult to understand, in one round, you will succeed in doing something good sometimes incredible and in another, you become useless, there, currently, there is a trick that makes players almost immortal, I do not know what knows, the bar has a different color when this protection is activated, already the tank is immortal why have added this knowing that the tanks are already strong? Now it’s even worse, it feels like we’re safe world of tank.

This game gives the impression of being *** all the time by incomprehensible stuff, we have all the equipment necessarily, the points awarded in all the resistances "light, medium, heavy" but not sometimes, some arrive at practically one shot.

I like being able to play battlegournd too, it’s an internating mode, but here, we have the impression of playing call of duty hardcore the experience is spoiled by a huge imbalance, Also narrow cards such as ruins are extremely disloyal for remote attacks too often interrupted because of the scenery.

It would be time to concentrate massively on the balance/ consistency of the game everyone is waiting for this, even if it means taking a break on the release of classes and seeing DLC, this is not a bad thing, especially if it allows a real balancing work people will only welcome this effort to make the gaming experience better and fairer for all.

Please Zenimax do it and do the right thing!
    Options
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Less enjoyable. (why?)
    PvP and server performance have slowly improved over the years
    Unicorn take, and I agree. Performance ain't great, but I'll take it over the months long slideshows we used to have.

Main unfun thing atm is the range burst proc spam, something the devs once upon a time tried pretty darn hard to remove from the game because of how unfun it is. The obnoxious sound effect on Tarnished isn't helping. Say what you want about balance or meta, but that sound effect needs a nerf yesterday.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
    Options
  • Stafford197
    Stafford197
    ✭✭✭
    Less enjoyable. (why?)
    I mean the PvP in this game is just really bad now.

Sure there are moments where the greatness of ESO combat can shine through, but how many people do you think only want a few moments of fun? It’s a video game. I do not want to slog through hours of bad gameplay to get there. I’ll just play another game where it’s good all the way through, and it seems practically the entire (former) PvP base agrees.

I’m not sure how it can be fixed now. The game is a decade old.
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More enjoyable. (why?)
    fizzylu wrote: »
    MagSorcs and NBs generally run stat sets.
    Since I've been engaging PvP this last week or two, I actually have seen a lot of sorcs and NBs running Tarnished Nightmare so I don't know if this is really true anymore. And even I, a magsorc, am thinking about swapping to a new build that uses a proc set for Gold Road.... sad to say since I've disliked them with a passion since Greymoor, but I feel like I just have to give in at this point.

I feel similarly. I have been running safe stat sets for 10 years now, but I think I would benefit more from having Way of Fire or Tarnished Nightmare than Magicka.

It just makes my eyes bleed seeing my stat sheet afterwards. Quite desolate.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
    Options
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Less enjoyable. (why?)
    Net overall, it's basically the same for me... with 2 huge exceptions:
    • Knockback removed from Wrecking Blow
    • Templar jabs looks and feels bad
    Options
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ilawana wrote: »
    Just curious to hear everyone's thoughts.

Hybridization went too far when all skills scaled with the highest stat. It enables some really broken builds and we need to revert to separate scaling.
    Options
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Less enjoyable. (why?)
    How can a game creator make such a terrible PvP game?
    Probably because game creators want to play the immortal ball group.
    Often times MMO game creators create Unfair Advantage to benefit themselves and their idolizing friends.
    If the game creators want to deny that, then they should actually improve the game balance in PvP.
    Edited by master_vanargand on 22 June 2024 10:06
    Options
  • KS_Amt38
    KS_Amt38
    ✭✭✭
    Less enjoyable. (why?)
    There are a lot of reasons but two are the biggest problem:

- Low Population Cap
    - unkillable 35k+ builds

You shouldn't be able to kill anyone with 35k+ health in this game. We did not had this problem in the past.
    Options
  • kurbbie_s
    kurbbie_s
    ✭✭✭
    Less enjoyable. (why?)
    How can a game creator make such a terrible PvP game?
    Probably because game creators want to play the immortal ball group.
    Often times MMO game creators create Unfair Advantage to benefit themselves and their idolizing friends.
    If the game creators want to deny that, then they should actually improve the game balance in PvP.

the original designer for pvp has long left the company. This pvp was good until he left and they started to cater to the pve crowd
    Options
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same. (why?)
    KS_Amt38 wrote: »
    You shouldn't be able to kill anyone with 35k+ health in this game. We did not had this problem in the past.

How far to the past you need to go so there would be no unkillable bruisers? Pre DoT nerf?
    Options
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Less enjoyable. (why?)
    divnyi wrote: »
    How far to the past you need to go so there would be no unkillable bruisers? Pre DoT nerf?
    pre Defile nerf + pre stat rework that led to massive hp inflation

brawlers used to have 25k hp and the only "unkillable" players were dedicated tanks with no dmg or group healing
    Edited by xylena_lazarow on 26 June 2024 12:25
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
    Options
  • LPapirius
    LPapirius
    Soul Shriven
    Less enjoyable. (why?)
    Less enjoyable because of crazy low population caps without any noticeable performance improvements.
    Options