The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

design of daily endeavours for Sunday 28/04/2024

Gegensmith
Gegensmith
✭✭
[snip] Most of us do them when we first log on. Doing so today makes it impossible to earn both of the special bonus rewards today, missing out on at least two days' worth of normal seals rewards. The daily endeavours in the past have often been poorly designed -- the "kill a group boss" ones (the confusing use of "group" when a World Boss is meant, rather than a public dungeon boss, a group dungeon boss, a world event/incursion boss, along with the unstated requirement that another player be present for it to count); the "escape from a guard" ones (merely escaping from a guard doesn't earn it -- you have to be accosted first and THEN escape) -- [snip] If you're going to award bonus rewards, at least group them with others that we are unlikely to earn without realising it. s5dufclcpal2.png

[edited for bashing]
Edited by ZOS_Icy on 28 April 2024 10:09
  • dragonlord500
    dragonlord500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos would pretty much tell you this. "well you should of looked at your endeavors and read it carefully"
    Guild master of Darkness of Sanguinaris. Birthday is December 4th.
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “Spiteful” seems a bit much, don’t you think? Perhaps it would have been better to not have two so easily completed (although those are nice for players who may only have law abiding characters) and since we’ve had a run of special dailies, hopefully most players know to check them first thing!
    Options
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    excuse me, please, but i see no problems. i log in - at first i do read the daily endevours (i play on PC, so i have Endeavor Tracker addon panel highly visible on my screen ( addon link for PC players: https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info3154-EndeavorTracker.html)). Today i was to log out my crafter (as i also like to start with writs, but ESO does not dictate the order we proceed with dailies, yes?), then to log in with any of my thieves/assassins, do killing and laundering the looted things, then re-log back with my crafter.
    if you play on Consoles - many ESO-related discords have bots publishing daily and weekly endevours, which help to keep you informed as you can run Discord on your mobile device.

Also, recently the addon author has added High-Rewards icons.
    Great job!
    cLhVjGm.png

edit: added image
    Edited by DinoZavr on 28 April 2024 07:34
    PC EU
    Options
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First thing I do when I logon to do my dailies is check the endeavours. I saw two had the bonus seals, logged off before completing them and went to my murder pickpocket kitty, who completed those two in short order.

I find it's always a good idea to read them when first logging in; that way I know I can do say the ultimates one with my Warden, simply by summoning and despawning his bear, or I can decon all the intricate blacksmith items in every character's inventory, for example - which I save for just such a purpose.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
    Options
  • Gegensmith
    Gegensmith
    ✭✭
    No, there is no set pattern for what you ought to do first when logging in. The point is that MANY of us will be doing our daily crafting writs and it would have been very easy for ZoS to design the set of endeavours for today in such a way that it wasn't so EASY to lock yourself out of the bonus rewards -- that's why it seems, to me, deliberate and, therefore, spiteful -- rather than the more usual problem of poor design. The choices offered, it seems to me, aren't generated randomly each day -- weekend tasks tend to be easier/quicker to complete than weekday ones. Endeavours tend to be the first active task I complete, personally, each day, but after the writs. I didn't lose out on the bonuses today because a guild mate posted having done so in our discord. But relying on add ons and discord notices only targets a certain segment of the population. A better selection by ZoS would avoid the problem entirely.
    Options
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems pretty spiteful towards those who dislike the DB. I hope we get a similar 200 seal endeavor for thieving activities the next day to balance it out.
    Edited by BretonMage on 28 April 2024 10:45
    Options
  • GeneralGrundmann
    Have to disagree here. I am responsible for my behaviour. I know that there is a special endeavours event up and running right now. If I don't check first what these endeavours are, this is my personal mistake. It's called self-responsibility.
    Options
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira
    ✭✭✭
    If you don't care enough about endeavours to check them first then it's on you if you miss any bonus for them.
    Options
  • joergino
    joergino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was about to post a similar message as a warning to all daily crafters here. Today it is important indeed to check endeavours before starting out on doing daily crafting writs.
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You mean the ones with the bag give more? That is annoying!

I could easily have done those, but I did 2 others first. I wish I had realized that part.

REALLY ANNOYING!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ArielSira wrote: »
    If you don't care enough about endeavours to check them first then it's on you if you miss any bonus for them.

Not when they behave differently than they seem to normally behave.

Sorry, but ZOS is responsible for changing things and not making that clear.

I decided to go with the crafting stuff and I didn't realize the addon note meant I could have gotten a bunch more endeavors for those. REALLY ANNOYING!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see the problem here, beyond the increasingly common one these days of people blaming everyone else for their own misfortunes. The OP didn't get the bonus seals because he didn't bother to check the endeavours when he logged in so it must be ZOS's fault.

Personally, I usually check the endeavours on my phone (at eso-hub) before I log in, so I know which character to log in. Even so, I'm still struggling to remember to check the individual seal rewards before I decide which endeavours to do, but ZOS are giving bonus seals which is great on their part and it's down to me to check them.
    Options
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was clearly stated in the article (which came out on April 14th), that some Endeavors would reward an increased amount of Seals:

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/65829
    pl108k2gvcb7.jpg
    Edited by Maitsukas on 28 April 2024 09:22
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates (No updates for May 6 and May 14 due to IRL events).

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
    Options
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zos would pretty much tell you this. "well you should of looked at your endeavors and read it carefully"

You should.
    Not to mention that everyone should be well aware by now that we are still in the middle of the Thieves Guild/Dark Brotherhood promotion that grant increased daily endeavors.

The idea that this was done out of spite is ridiculous.
      PC/NA Warden Main
      Options
    • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
      p_tsakirisb16_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Gegensmith wrote: »
      [snip] Most of us do them when we first log on. Doing so today makes it impossible to earn both of the special bonus rewards today, missing out on at least two days' worth of normal seals rewards. The daily endeavours in the past have often been poorly designed -- the "kill a group boss" ones (the confusing use of "group" when a World Boss is meant, rather than a public dungeon boss, a group dungeon boss, a world event/incursion boss, along with the unstated requirement that another player be present for it to count); the "escape from a guard" ones (merely escaping from a guard doesn't earn it -- you have to be accosted first and THEN escape) -- [snip] If you're going to award bonus rewards, at least group them with others that we are unlikely to earn without realising it. s5dufclcpal2.png

Why you didn't open to see what are the daily endeavours and do them accordingly?
      Sorry but that was your mistake for not been observant.

[edited to remove quote]
      Edited by ZOS_Icy on 28 April 2024 10:11
      Options
    • Ardriel
      Ardriel
      ✭✭✭✭
      Anyway and despite all warnings it actually IS unfair. Either they slept on the design or they did it on purpose.
      Options
    • CalamityCat
      CalamityCat
      Soul Shriven
      I was warned about the dailies today, LOL. While I wouldn't call it spiteful, I can see how easily you could lose out on the extra seals. I've been really careful with the bonus seals, but I still lost one day's extras. I can't remember what I did, but it was something I just do automatically. I saw the endeavours message and realized I messed up.

With situations like this, I think it would be handy if you could do more than three endeavours and the three higher value ones would be counted. Then if you screw up, you can do the fourth endeavour and you're still okay.

I usually check endeavours on my guild's Discord before I log in, so I know how long they might take. Especially if I don't have much game time that day. Then I can often find an activity that takes care of several endeavours at once, or plan something enjoyable that gets me the seals.
      Options
    • shadyjane62
      shadyjane62
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I have an account in PCEU I go there first to collect daily reward and first thing I do is endeavors cuz time difference makes it easier. I always know ahead to reset time in PCNA what they are going to be. I did what OP did once and learned always look first.
      Options
    • Hapexamendios
      Hapexamendios
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      I don't see anything spiteful about it.
      Options
    • Tandor
      Tandor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Ardriel wrote: »
      Anyway and despite all warnings it actually IS unfair. Either they slept on the design or they did it on purpose.

Why is it unfair, and how should they have designed it better?
      Options
    • Tommy_The_Gun
      Tommy_The_Gun
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I have sayed it once and I will say it agian:

The "asymmetrical" rewards where one activity gives more endovours than other is something that should not be present at all in the system and for the long run it will be very harmful for the game & player base.

It not only penalizes players for not enjoying certain activities, but also is a contradiction to the whole game motto and what made ESO so popular in a 1st place: "Play as you want". By adding better rewards for certain activity, you take choice away, ZOS.

If something we should have MORE options & have like 10 possible daily endeavour types instead of 5.

As a "one time" promotion it may have been nice but it shouldn't become a daily practice by any means. Especially if the endeavour is either "end game" task like doing PvP or PvE dungeons or if it is something not instanced & players fight over it (like Thieves Troves) as it may promote toxic behaviour, or is something behind additional paywalls (requires certain DLC etc).

This would be my feedback I guess. ZOS. Please, don't ever do it again.
      Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on 28 April 2024 10:32
      Options
    • DenverRalphy
      DenverRalphy
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Personally, I'd prefer it so that ZOS kept up this practice even after the Thieve's Guild / Dark Brotherhood promotion is finished and gone.

Too many players have become so complacent with bonus giveaways, that they have developed a sense of entitlement believing that any bonuses they don't receive or miss out on is somehow unfair. They're more concerned with what they didn't get than what they did, and it's always somebody else's fault.

I hope ZOS continues the practice of throwing in some bonuses that players need to watch out for by actually paying attention, rather than pander to those who simply hold their hands out expecting them to be filled. Keep the players on their toes.

Options
    • Tandor
      Tandor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I would be concerned if ZOS suddenly decided that as a principle some activities were worth more seals than others, or that they were going to use the bonus reward structure as a permanent way of trying to increase the general popularity of a certain feature of the game, such as PvP or trials, for example.

However, I have no issue at all with them offering short-term bonus seals to those endeavours that represent the theme of a current event, while that event is happening. I would actually prefer that to simply increasing the number of endeavours promoting that theme as that reduces the options for those players with no interest in that theme.
      Options
    • Aleris
      Aleris
      ✭✭✭
      i always open my endevours first thing i do when i log in
      Options
    • Taggund
      Taggund
      ✭✭✭✭
      Thanks for the warning. I park my main in Vivec and normally run daily crafting writs right as I log in. I normally don't look at endeavors until after my initial dailies are done. Overall though, I like what they did with this promotion.
      Options
    • ApoAlaia
      ApoAlaia
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      If it wasn't for a guildie giving us a heads up this early this morning on discord -thank you dearly <3 - I would have fallen for this for sure.

These new 'extra-rewarding' endeavours are a completely new thing fighting years upon years of habit.

Almost fell for it on the 2nd account even though I was aware of it and dodged it on the 1st.

Like, I stopped myself a second before handing in the daily writs with the first character and botching the whole thing and only because an alert on my phone distracted me long enough.

We will see what happens with the 3rd account, not out of the woods yet :smiley:

Options
    • Aurielle
      Aurielle
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I’m on vacation right now and can’t get ANY seals! This is obviously ZOS’s fault! I demand a way to complete missed endeavors after the fact, so that I don’t have to feel penalized over my personal decision to not lug my gaming laptop with me to the tropics!*

*Disclaimer: In case your sarcasm meter is broken, I’m not actually being serious. Lighten up, folks! Entitlement is a really bad look. They’re just small rewards, with a small bonus available on a few of them. No one on the team is being “spiteful” by adding bonus rewards to endeavors related to an event, sheesh. The onus is on you to review the endeavors list before doing anything, and it’s not the end of the day if you mess up and lock yourself out of a few more seals.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to get back to sipping tea and listening to the ocean.
      Options
    • Dawnblade
      Dawnblade
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Endeavors only exist so they can claim items tied to loot box gambling are available from playing the game.

If you want the garbage from the clown crates, you need to understand the system and adjust your gameplay.

I just ignore them - but then again, I find the vast majority of items in crates to be nothing more than overly colorful items that tend to vomit VFX all over the screen and clash with the general look and feel of the game.
      Options
    • code65536
      code65536
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      We've had TWO WEEKS of selectively-elevated daily endeavors.

By this point, it's on you for not looking both ways before crossing the street.
      Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
      Personal best scores:
      Dungeon trifectas:
      Media: YouTubeTwitch
      Options
    • sleepy_worm
      sleepy_worm
      ✭✭✭
      Thanks, Gegensmith! You saved me and much of my guild an unnecessary negative experience playing this game.
      Options