Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Please stop adding achievements and leads to tales of tribute

imaslowlearner
imaslowlearner
✭✭✭
Tales of tribute is a bad game. Forcing people to play it with its horrible rng drops is a trash way to keep people engaged.

I don't want to debate if the game is bad on the tales of tribute forum as its probably an echo chamber of people that do enjoy the game, I just want to request zos stop trying to force people to play it by adding these things in future updates.

Also increase the drop rates for Card Conjurer and Spearhead items.

/rant
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love tales of tribute. Really fun game.
    Saying that, rewards should always relate to the game itself, or be more generic goodies.
    AKA, having one of the leads you need for an antiquity being stuck behind the game is a poor decision. Either have all the leads for the antiquity in question be tied to the game, or none.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
    Options
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This one thing actually made me care less about achievement points, prioritising fun now to getting every single bit.
    Options
  • imaslowlearner
    imaslowlearner
    ✭✭✭
    There are so many options for other rewards too.
    • Gold tempers
    • Dragon Mats
    • even more transmutes
    • currency (gold, telvar, ap, writ vouchers)
    • good furnishing plans
    • housing mats
    • Motifs, even a unique one that can be tradeable

probably missed some other good options
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leads are part of all content. Tales shouldn't be any different. I want more nice things in all forms of content and not just in the crown store.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 8 October 2023 10:17
    Options
  • imaslowlearner
    imaslowlearner
    ✭✭✭
    I'd argue new leads that come with new expansions/dlcs should not be locked behind tales of tribute which High Isle is required to access.

Imagine paying for new content, then being told you need to own the other content to fully enjoy the new content.

no reason to lock them behind ToT except they can't think where else to cram them at this point.
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd argue new leads that come with new expansions/dlcs should not be locked behind tales of tribute which High Isle is required to access.

Imagine paying for new content, then being told you need to own the other content to fully enjoy the new content.

no reason to lock them behind ToT except they can't think where else to cram them at this point.

Leads have been behind dlc since before Tales was ever introduced.

Edit: Good example is Ring of the Pale Order requires Wrothgar, and that one actually effects gameplay. There's also others like the Anvil of Old Orsinium.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 8 October 2023 10:54
    Options
  • imaslowlearner
    imaslowlearner
    ✭✭✭
    yes, and I stand by what I said not just pertaining to ToT
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The music box lead that ToT has also requires Wrothgar, looking at the list of leads needed for it.

Leads are a Greymoor feature, so if that was the case, there wouldn't be any new leads at all for new zones.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 8 October 2023 11:09
    Options
  • imaslowlearner
    imaslowlearner
    ✭✭✭
    I still think if they release new leads they should be tied to the content that's being released.

I get the hypocrisy of not wanting any further achievements/leads involving ToT, and I am singling it out because it's drop rates and long matches make it quite un-enjoyable in my opinion.

Can't help that I dislike ToT, I'm not saying they shouldn't add better rewards to it. I would just prefer if they avoided adding achievements/leads for achievements in future updates.
    Options
  • AstroST
    AstroST
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one thing actually made me care less about achievement points, prioritising fun now to getting every single bit.

This ^
    I will never play ToT because I just hate card games. Since there achievments I will never get locked int it I now just don't care anymore for them in general.
    This has made me realize how much dumb and boring grind I was doing instead of playing games for fun.

ToT has been my vaccine and I'm really gratefull for it.
    Options
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just ignore anything locked behind stuff I do not enjoy doing.
    Doing stuff you dislike to afford stuff you need or want is called a "job", and I already have one of those.
    On indefinite hiatus since U41.
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are so many options for other rewards too.
    • Gold tempers
    • Dragon Mats
    • even more transmutes
    • currency (gold, telvar, ap, writ vouchers)
    • good furnishing plans
    • housing mats
    • Motifs, even a unique one that can be tradeable

probably missed some other good options

many of these things already come from tribute

i have gotten gold tempers (although they are rare)

i have also gotten dragon mats (and other alchemy mats), and housing mats (tribute is actually one of the best sources for housing mats)

it does have 1 unique style set too (pelins paragon)

every reward box gives gold, though i would not be opposed to other currencies either (if you play tribute as a match made game against another player, technically speaking that could count as pvp so it should be eligible for AP)

i do get furnishing plans on occasion too, but its mostly blue ones (though i have occasionally gotten a purple one, or at least one i still need to learn)

could the rewards be increased a bit? probably, but it can or does award a majority of the things that were listed
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please add gear sets that are uniquely available from ToT.
    Lethal zergling
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    The music box lead that ToT has also requires Wrothgar, looking at the list of leads needed for it.

The difference is that the Wrothgar lead is in a delve which all players are familiar with since delves have been around since launch and don't require a lot of practice and training to complete. But ToT does.

I realize they may have done this to encourage more players to participate in ToT but this is having the opposite effect.

ToT is such a specialized niche feature that any leads requiring it should be for ToT related rewards, not for new chapter features.
    PCNA
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The difference is that the Wrothgar lead is in a delve which all players are familiar with since delves have been around since launch and don't require a lot of practice and training to complete. But ToT does.

I realize they may have done this to encourage more players to participate in ToT but this is having the opposite effect.

ToT is such a specialized niche feature that any leads requiring it should be for ToT related rewards, not for new chapter features.

if they wanted to encourage more participation they should have also increased the drop chance for the lead, then those people who dont like it are still participating, but not more than they have to instead of praying RNG favors them

instead we have several threads about people complaining about the drop rate of the lead, having to play ToT for the lead, or both lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if they wanted to encourage more participation they should have also increased the drop chance for the lead, then those people who dont like it are still participating, but not more than they have to instead of praying RNG favors them

instead we have several threads about people complaining about the drop rate of the lead, having to play ToT for the lead, or both lol

I agree. The drop rate is abysmal. I played 42 games before I finally got it and I won't do it again.
    Edited by SilverBride on 10 October 2023 18:50
    PCNA
    Options
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't play ToT but I'm fine with having achievements and rewards drop there--rewards should be present in all areas of the game. Yes, it's a pain, when it's not an area you like or are good at, but that's why it's called an achievement--if you want to achieve it you have to go through the activity, and whether you like it or not is inconsequential, because every player will have different preferences, the game cannot cater to every single person. What ZOS should do for RNG related rewards imo is to improve the rates, and that is a reasonable ask, but removing rewards and achievements from a specific gameplay just because you don't enjoy it, is not the answer.
    Options
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand the frustration of people that dislike TOT that a lead is there. But how is this different from placing the leads to DLC dungeons ? 1)) not all people have access to them, 2) they are not related to Necrom 3) you need to rely on other people to get them (if you cannot solo them)
    Edited by ESO_player123 on 10 October 2023 19:45
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kept getting leads for this music box just from playing as I normally do. When I noticed I was only 3 leads away from completeing it I looked up where these last ones were and got 2 of them on the first try. Then I came to the ToT one that took a few days playing multiple ToT dailies on multiple characters, 42 games total, before I got this one. Something is wrong here.

And I know some players like ToT but MANY have no interest and have never played a single game of it, AND it is not an easy game to learn, AND they made the NPCs much more difficult to defeat than they were at the start.

Anything that only appeals to such a small section of the playerbase should NOT have a new furnishing in a new chapter locked in it.
    PCNA
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kept getting leads for this music box just from playing as I normally do. When I noticed I was only 3 leads away from completeing it I looked up where these last ones were and got 2 of them on the first try. Then I came to the ToT one that took a few days playing multiple ToT dailies on multiple characters, 42 games total, before I got this one. Something is wrong here.

And I know some players like ToT but MANY have no interest and have never played a single game of it, AND it is not an easy game to learn, AND they made the NPCs much more difficult to defeat than they were at the start.

Anything that only appeals to such a small section of the playerbase should NOT have a new furnishing in a new chapter locked in it.

i always feel this game sometimes never drops what you want when you want it, only when your not actively looking for it lol

i actually got really lucky on my first music box lead and got it out of my first purple box after necrom released lol

i dont think ive gotten the lead a 2nd time, but im not actively trying to farm for it, i usually do 1 3-win npc tribute daily on a day that im working from home since i can play that without needing to really focus on it
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I had the exact opposite RNG. I had the music box lead from ToT before I even knew the music box existed. It's other leads that have been stubborn. I also killed way over a thousand different big vampire dudes when I wanted the lead from the Reach. Poor RNG is not exclusive to ToT.

The niche activities are the ones that need leads the most, because that's how you get people to try content they hadn't tried before. Some of them will dislike it, but some will find that they actually enjoy it.

Mat picking, Housing, ToT, PvP, and group activities would all be excluded from achievements and leads if was based off size of the activity. But, I doubt people don't want furniture as a lead.

At the end of the day, there has only been a single lead source that people didn't complain about in a sizable number. A lead costing a small amount of currency from an NPC.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 10 October 2023 21:38
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the exact opposite RNG. I had the music box lead from ToT before I even knew the music box existed.

But you actively play ToT. Most players do not and MANY have never even tried it.

The niche activities are the ones that need leads the most, because that's how you get people to try content they hadn't tried before. Some of them will dislike it, but some will find that they actually enjoy it.

I think it will have the opposite effect. ToT is not easy to learn and experienced players will annihilate someone new to the game. And the NPCs are a LOT more difficult than they used to be. Struggling and constant defeat will will push me away from something, not toward it.
    PCNA
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the exact opposite RNG. I had the music box lead from ToT before I even knew the music box existed.

But you actively play ToT. Most players do not and MANY have never even tried it.

I think it will have the opposite effect. ToT is not easy to learn and experienced players will annihilate someone new to the game. And the NPCs are a LOT more difficult than they used to be. Struggling and constant defeat will will push me away from something, not toward it.

Many have never tried it, but the music box gives them a reason to do so. I actually have guild mates that actually ended up enjoying ToT because of this lead. And others that now despise it.

Some people will learn they liked it. Others will hate it.

I do think the people who don't like it shouldn't have to play it as extensively. Which is why I support an increase to the drop rate of leads. But I should be able to enjoy achievement and rewards when I play ToT, just like any other piece of the game.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 10 October 2023 22:42
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But I should be able to enjoy achievement and rewards when I play ToT, just like any other piece of the game.

I agree, but rewards that are related to ToT and make sense.
    PCNA
    Options
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But I should be able to enjoy achievement and rewards when I play ToT, just like any other piece of the game.

Dungeons also drop leads that are not related to them.
    Edited by ESO_player123 on 10 October 2023 23:09
    Options
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have said before and will say it again, I like ToT, I am not so keen on DLC dungeons nor Trials.....

Consequently I have way, way more than one lead locked behind content I find painful to do, everyone has their own playstyle, I find the constant griping about ToT and ONE lead very odd!
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All content drops rewards that are not related to them. It makes sense for leads to come from anywhere and for all content types to be treated equally.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 10 October 2023 23:57
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.
    PCNA
    Options
  • Groterdan
    Groterdan
    ✭✭✭
    Tot is rubbish . Worst thing they ever added .
    Options
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I don't play ToT, but of course do the players enjoying it have every right to be rewarded with rewards comparable to any other content in this game. This include leads.

Players, which don't enjoy or even despise this content aren't forced to do it after all. [Snip].

[Edited for minor bait]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on 12 October 2023 16:11
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
    Options