The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please stop adding achievements and leads to tales of tribute

• AstroST
    AstroST
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »
    find the constant griping about ToT and ONE lead very odd!

Fact is ToT has nothing to do with the ESO game, it's js just a mobile card game that belong in a smartphone.
    I'm here to play an MMO RPG not some card game.

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AstroST wrote: »
    Fact is ToT has nothing to do with the ESO game, it's js just a mobile card game that belong in a smartphone.

This sums it up perfectly.
    PCNA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ToT is steeped in ESO lore and gives us a mini game to play in the taverns. Mini games are a normal part of RPGs.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    ToT is steeped in ESO lore...

ESO is represented in ToT but ToT isn't represented in ESO lore.
    Edited by SilverBride on 11 October 2023 18:11
    PCNA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There are quests and references in ESO that specifically reference ToT. Most recently, Naryu talked about it in Necrom. She says she'd bet her Tribute winnings that an item the player finds is a particular thing. Razum-dar has a quest in an Outlaws refuge and gives the player the option to play an illegal hand. And there is, ofc, the actual ToT quest line and the founders.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There are quests and references in ESO that specifically reference ToT. Most recently, Naryu talked about it in Necrom. She says she'd bet her Tribute winnings that an item the player finds is a particular thing. Razum-dar has a quest in an Outlaws refuge and gives the player the option to play an illegal hand. And there is, ofc, the actual ToT quest line and the founders.

These are quests that came after ToT was introduced. They were not part of ESO lore.
    Edited by SilverBride on 11 October 2023 18:27
    PCNA
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tales of tribute is a bad game. Forcing people to play it with its horrible rng drops is a trash way to keep people engaged.

I don't want to debate if the game is bad on the tales of tribute forum as its probably an echo chamber of people that do enjoy the game, I just want to request zos stop trying to force people to play it by adding these things in future updates.

Also increase the drop rates for Card Conjurer and Spearhead items.

/rant

Saying that you don't enjoy Tales of Tribute and don't wish to play it is voicing your opinion.

Calling it "a bad game" is a subjective personal judgement which is worded as though it were an objective fact, so you should definitely expect to get comments disagreeing with that.

No one is "forced" to play any content within ESO. Each player chooses which content they want to play, whether or not it has any desirable rewards associated with it.

But I'm curious-- if you dislike Tales of Tribute so strongly, why do you want the Card Conjurer emote? I can see why you might want to acquire a free houseguest, but isn't the emote a tribute to the very card game you apparently want nothing to do with?

As for whether the Tales of Tribute forum is merely "an echo chamber of people that do enjoy the game," have you bothered to read it? There are plenty of criticisms and complaints about Tales of Tribute there.

As for RNG-- well, that's a subject we can all moan about. I got both the Card Conjurer emote and the Spearhead houseguest pretty quickly on the PC EU server, but have only just gotten the emote on PC NA and am still working on the houseguest, even though I play the same number of matches each day on both servers. The irony is, PC NA is my main server, and PC EU is just my alt server. All one can do about the RNG for drops is to stop being impatient about acquiring the drops are-- whatever they are, be they fragments or leads or gear-- and let them happen when they happen. That can be difficult to do, but such is life.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

These are quests that came after ToT was introduced. They were not part of ESO lore.

That's true of any time something new gets added to the franchise. The Antiquarian Circle isn't something people would say isn't part of ESO lore, just because it got introduced in ESO. Naryu isn't either.

Prior to Skyrim, the title of Dragonborn was mostly about the blood of the emperors, not a warrior literally borne with powers like a dragon. But, nobody would argue Dragonborn warriors aren't now part of TES lore. Every game in the franchise has introduced new concepts that become part of the lore, because they are part of the questing in the game. And ToT objectively has quests and is referenced in a canon game of the franchise. This makes it canon to TES lore.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 11 October 2023 18:41
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's true of any time something new gets added to the franchise. The Antiquarian Circle isn't something people would say isn't part of ESO lore, just because it got introduced in ESO. Naryu isn't either.

Prior to Skyrim, the title of Dragonborn was mostly about the blood of the emperors, not a warrior literally borne with powers like a dragon. But, nobody would argue Dragonborn warriors aren't now part of TES lore. Every game in the franchise has introduced new concepts that become part of the lore, because they are part of the questing in the game. And ToT objectively has quests and is referenced in a canon game of the franchise. This makes it canon to TES lore.

I disagree and don't think either of us are going to change our views so let's just agree to disagree.
    Edited by SilverBride on 12 October 2023 00:16
    PCNA
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Groterdan wrote: »
    Tot is rubbish . Worst thing they ever added .
    Drives me nuts that people without the acuity to understand the game just dismiss it as being poor.
    Lethal zergling
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It can take 20 minutes sometimes to play a single game. Not very mini for a mini game... Then take the number of games required to get an achievement with 10 fragments and it becomes much more than a mini anything.
    PS5/NA
  • AstroST
    AstroST
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ToT is steeped in ESO lore and gives us a mini game to play in the taverns. Mini games are a normal part of RPGs.

There is a big difference between a minigame and ToT.
    A minigame is something you learn in half an hour and where a match is at most 10 mins.
    ToT is another thing.
  • AstroST
    AstroST
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Groterdan wrote: »
    Tot is rubbish . Worst thing they ever added .
    Drives me nuts that people without the acuity to understand the game just dismiss it as being poor.

It's not about having the acuity of learning a card game, I'm just not interested int it.
    If I would want to play a card game there are a lot of better options out there.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    But I'm curious-- if you dislike Tales of Tribute so strongly, why do you want the Card Conjurer emote? I can see why you might want to acquire a free houseguest, but isn't the emote a tribute to the very card game you apparently want nothing to do with?

My endgame is Housing and of course I was eager to get the houseguest and the other two furnishings - so I gritted my teeth and played what felt like thousands of rounds of ToT... (or perhaps they even were) I even didn´t recognized that there is a card game related emote existing, since I am not really interested in emotes.

• SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lugaldu wrote: »

My endgame is Housing and of course I was eager to get the houseguest and the other two furnishings - so I gritted my teeth and played what felt like thousands of rounds of ToT... (or perhaps they even were) I even didn´t recognized that there is a card game related emote existing, since I am not really interested in emotes.

Okay, so you don't care whether the RNG drop rate for the Card Conjurer fragment is increased or not, just the Spearhead. It's none of my business, I was just curious because it sounded funny to me when you first said it. On the other hand, wanting to get the houseguest is perfectly understandable.

Anyway, it does seem like MMO RNG drop rates were invented to teach us the patience of Job, doesn't it?
    Edited by SeaGtGruff on 12 October 2023 07:03
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay, so you don't care whether the RNG drop rate for the Card Conjurer fragment is increased or not, just the Spearhead. It's none of my business, I was just curious because it sounded funny to me when you first said it. On the other hand, wanting to get the houseguest is perfectly understandable.

Anyway, it does seem like MMO RNG drop rates were invented to teach us the patience of Job, doesn't it?

This is true for me too. As far as I know, it's the only way to get a free house guest that's not a companion. Oh or that weird mime...
    PS5/NA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is true for me too. As far as I know, it's the only way to get a free house guest that's not a companion. Oh or that weird mime...

theres been a few other free houseguests, but i think they were part of events/giveaways and not like "earnable"

like the antiquity houseguest
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dislike the game and have given up on getting the music box, which saddens me.

I just wish there was a way to give you folks who actually like this thing all those deck fragments I keep getting.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    it's a part of the game just like antiquities.
    it has gotten new decks every new zone dlc so i expect it to continue to get new decks.
    just like how every new zone dlc has gotten new antiquities and achievements.
    just accept it's a part of the game.

other people like it so it's awesome it gets new content every other update.
    not liking it doesn't mean nobody else should get to enjoy more of it.

even the Endless Archive has new antiquities and a new deck.
    and btw Endless Archive has a merchant named Ool who sells different things every week including treasure maps and antiquity leads.

so if the Archive is less annoying to you than Tribute there's always that option.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

theres been a few other free houseguests, but i think they were part of events/giveaways and not like "earnable"

like the antiquity houseguest

Yup, you're correct. As previously mentioned, most of the earnable house guests are companions.

Then there is Brahgas and Captain Kaleen from Tales of Tribute.

Historian Phaedre was part of the Treasures of Skyrim Event.

Jester Anglidor and Keldora were from the daily login rewards.

AFAIK, all other house guests have been crown store furnishings.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 13 October 2023 08:25
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok so let me start by saying I despise ToT- that said i believe there should be leads in every type of content. Overworld, IC, dungeons, bastion, and trials all have leads only cyro and bgs don't that i'm aware. Its balancing. Some folks like it and some hate it. After dealing with a zillion games for the music box lead yeah, i wish they didnt however the point is to get everyone to play all content so i can't really say it doesn't make sense or that its unfair. Just my 2 cents.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok so let me start by saying I despise ToT- that said i believe there should be leads in every type of content. Overworld, IC, dungeons, bastion, and trials all have leads only cyro and bgs don't that i'm aware. Its balancing. Some folks like it and some hate it. After dealing with a zillion games for the music box lead yeah, i wish they didnt however the point is to get everyone to play all content so i can't really say it doesn't make sense or that its unfair. Just my 2 cents.

cyro and BGs do have leads lol
    • St. Alessia, Paravant furnishing lead as far as im aware can only come from BGs in the reward email container after finishing a match
    • The Heartland furnishing lead has some sources in cyrodiil (delve bosses, treasure chests, specifically in cyrodiil)
    • Jeweled Skull of Ayleid Kings furnishing lead has some sources in cyrodiil
    • Sorcerer-King's Blade furnishing lead can only come from town quests in cyro
    • 1 lead for the snow treaders mythic (Magicka-Imbued Metal Plates) is only sourced from cyrodiil in delves

plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

• St. Alessia, Paravant furnishing lead as far as im aware can only come from BGs in the reward email container after finishing a match
    • The Heartland furnishing lead has some sources in cyrodiil (delve bosses, treasure chests, specifically in cyrodiil)
    • 1 lead for the snow treaders mythic (Magicka-Imbued Metal Plates) is only sourced from cyrodiil in delves
    Yup. Absolutely. Also I know this isn't Cyrodiil of Battlegrounds...but, another lead of note is the Moth Priest's Cleansing Bowl, which is only available in Imperial City Sewers. It's one of the most popular furnishings that I have seen. It's a bowl filled with water on a stand, which also makes it very popular for players using it as a hand washing piece in bathrooms. Imperial City remains one of the least popular pieces of content in the game.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 13 October 2023 16:07
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I stand corrected. This is why i said "that im aware of" Thats fine I havent looked into it bc I dont pvp much except to raise alliance skill lines. But it kind of makes my point even more valid.
    Edited by boi_anachronism_ on 13 October 2023 16:13
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup. Absolutely. Also I know this isn't Cyrodiil of Battlegrounds...but, another lead of note is the Moth Priest's Cleansing Bowl, which is only available in Imperial City Sewers. It's one of the most popular furnishings that I have seen. It's a bowl filled with water on a stand, which also makes it very popular for players using it as a hand washing piece in bathrooms. Imperial City remains one of the least popular pieces of content in the game.

I did mention ic, there are several there, mostly from group bosses and such.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know. Which is why I said "I know this isn't Cyrodiil or Battlegrounds," in my reply. I was agreeing with your overall point.
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know. Which is why I said "I know this isn't Cyrodiil or Battlegrounds," in my reply. I was agreeing with your overall point.

I mean ic could actually be fun if it wasnt a gank fest but unfortunately the terrain kind of lends itself to that. Zergs tend to be harder to deal with as well since the area is smaller and the population is overwhelmed but one faction.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Then there is Brahgas and Captain Kaleen from Tales of Tribute.

Oh my... I even didn´t know that we could get Captain Kaleen from ToT! To get Brahgas was already such a "battle"...

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m okay with the music box lead being in ToT, but its drop rate really needs to be increased. I was doing the npc daily for a period of time but after a while I just got tired of wasting my time doing something I don’t really enjoy as much as other activities and quit.

If I’m not getting the lead in a reasonable amount of games why should I keep wasting my time? The end result is the same.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• disky
    disky
    ✭✭✭
    I love ToT, it's incredibly fun in my opinion and my only complaint is that I wish the AI were more challenging at Expert-level.

We all have our own idea of what is enjoyable in ESO. I've been playing this game for years and I've never done a single trial, for instance. I understand that I'm not going to enjoy that content so I don't engage with it. We don't have to do every single thing in the game to have a good time, we can simply engage with the parts we do enjoy. Tribute wasn't made for you, that's fine. Unless you REALLY need that lead, don't worry about it? It's just a music box, after all.
    Edited by disky on 17 October 2023 14:31