Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Support mains, how often do you kick fake dd?

ForzaRammer
ForzaRammer
✭✭✭✭✭
In vet pug
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on 10 September 2023 03:40

Support mains, how often do you kick fake dd? 65 votes

Refuse to even continue the dungeon with fake dd
7%
KatheriahIndigogoNorith_Gilheart_FlailBraffingvgisdi 5 votes
Try to kick all, possibly suck it up if kick fail
1%
ForzaRammer 1 vote
Only try to kick the fake when real dd can’t carry
32%
AektannAvalonRangerpreeviousJack-0VevvevFischblutKurenai_1992WrathOfInnosLittlePinkDotBlood_againspartaxoxohiziummdjessup4906the1andonlyskwexSpiritKittenMesiteLordDrawNeuroticPixelsPrincessOfThievesUsualSurrender 21 votes
Never kick fake dd, rather just leave
41%
zariaReverbHegronCarcharodontosauruskarthrag_inakpelle412Veesknonamegodr34lianOlumoGarbagUmbro100svendfAscarlDragonreduxhaelgaanazazxlJavaRenFantasticFreddiekevkjendgamesmug 27 votes
I duo queue with a fake dd myself
1%
Bobargus 1 vote
Not a support main or no opinion
15%
nick59349b14_ESOshadyjane62SimarisJierdanitKlauthWarthogcolossalvoidsNecrotech_MasterjoerginoBHoth_LokiPagan 10 votes
  • JavaRen
    JavaRen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is very rare that I PUG anything, crazy rare that I PUG vet.
    Options
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think I played with a fake dd, useally fake tanks and healers
    Options
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't really understood yet what people mean by "Fake DD". As it appears that every single damage dealer who parses low in a random dungeon gets accused of being one. Could somebody explain to me the benefits of "faking" to be the most picked role with the longest queue timer ingame, so I may grasp what's really behind it all?
    Options
  • Daoin
    Daoin
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't really understood yet what people mean by "Fake DD". As it appears that every single damage dealer who parses low in a random dungeon gets accused of being one. Could somebody explain to me the benefits of "faking" to be the most picked role with the longest queue timer ingame, so I may grasp what's really behind it all?

quick and easy answer players that want to believe they are game gods
    Options
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They can’t fulfill any of the 3 roles in vet, selecting dd give them the best chance to get carried.
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They can't fulfill the role they agreed to fill. Quote often a result of people not wanting to build for damage because they simply don't feel like it, or because they have some single roleplay in mind. But, they still want something from group content. Mostly applies to vet, but I've seen a couple of people afk a lot, then spam volley when they did play. Volley doesn't do damage right away so spamming it is basically not different than doing nothing. But, that's a rarity. As I said, mostly an issue on vet. If someone doesn't care to build to decent damage, they should stick to normal dungeons and not queue for vet imo. It makes the dungeon take way too long, if it can actually even succeed at all.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 9 September 2023 21:12
    Options
  • Ascarl
    Ascarl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This poll is biased, I don t believe that anything like a fake DD even exists
    Options
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't typically call people out. If it's really obvious we've got a certified idiot and we aren't going to clear I just say "Sorry guys, g2g" and leave.

HOWEVER this rarely happens because if I am pugging a random vet I am GOING to bring an actual real dd to carry the damage
    Options
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Refuse to even continue the dungeon with fake dd

They can’t fulfill any of the 3 roles in vet, selecting dd give them the best chance to get carried.

Don't want to fulfill if you ask me. It's not even that difficult to smack some sets on your DD, eat the free daily login food and do something that somewhat resembles a rotation.

I've seen some really lazy people today. The best one was a 'DD' with a rotation of some LA's and sometimes a random skill that told other people what to do while doing the exact opposite himself. Great times.

And if you don't want to do the bare minimum, you don't deserve to get carried.
    Options
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

They can't fulfill the role they agreed to fill. Quote often a result of people not wanting to build for damage because they simply don't feel like it, or because they have some single roleplay in mind. But, they still want something from group content. Mostly applies to vet, but I've seen a couple of people afk a lot, then spam volley when they did play. Volley doesn't do damage right away so spamming it is basically not different than doing nothing.

So if I get this right...

A "Fake DD" is a player that wants to reel in the benefits locked behind group content but refuse to put the slightest of effort into achieving any of them, as such they pick the role which as they believe carries the least amount of responsibilities.
    Making things even worse from here, as they also actively refuse to spend little time, gold or thought onto combining set pieces and abilities into a setup that deals more damage than a wet fart in egoistic fashion with no considertation in regards of the remaining 3 players experience?

Alright, I can see now how "Fake DD" as a term came to be. Usually I'd call that something entirely different but it wouldn't be appropriate for the forums. *cough*
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't typically call people out. If it's really obvious we've got a certified idiot and we aren't going to clear I just say "Sorry guys, g2g" and leave.

HOWEVER this rarely happens because if I am pugging a random vet I am GOING to bring an actual real dd to carry the damage

Yeah. I stopped playing tank because I'd rather just make sure I can provide a decent amount of damage so the runs weren't so painful. I still sometimes run healer though and every once in a blue moon I'll try again on tank anyway to see if anything has changed because the devs have been working on buffing the floor.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 9 September 2023 21:23
    Options
  • Kappachi
    Kappachi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think fake DD can exist, if damage is dealt they are a damage dealer. I am a heal/tank main but when i queue dps i have about 10k dps and i wouldn't kick anyone for being "fake DD" so long as they know the mechanics and the boss dies... Fake tank/healer is way more of an issue since it's actually people not doing their role.
    Options
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kappachi wrote: »
    I don't think fake DD can exist, if damage is dealt they are a damage dealer. I am a heal/tank main but when i queue dps i have about 10k dps and i wouldn't kick anyone for being "fake DD" so long as they know the mechanics and the boss dies... Fake tank/healer is way more of an issue since it's actually people not doing their role.

Oh you sweet summer child
    Options
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your claim: “doing any damage make them real dd”

Fact #1: all taunts in this game does damage

So if you believe tank need taunt, tank according to you is a subset of dd, thus a discriminatory distribution of responsibility

And if you don’t believe tanks need taunt, the “fake tank” posts really can use ur insights
    Options
  • Daoin
    Daoin
    ✭✭✭

So if you believe tank need taunt, tank according to you is a subset of dd, thus a discriminatory distribution of responsibility

And if you don’t believe tanks need taunt, the “fake tank” posts really can use ur insights

should he have put significant damage for it to hit home, or do we just all underestand what he means ?
    Options
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daoin wrote: »

should he have put significant damage for it to hit home, or do we just all underestand what he means ?

Nowhere in his reply he suggested a “significant”positive number as boundary between real dd and fake dd.

In fact he suggested the boundary should be 0, which I disagree.
    Options
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ascarl wrote: »

Yes they exist, a person select dd role but can’t fulfill dd responsibilities is a fake dd
    Options
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they have weapons and a few skills slotted they are not fake. They may be bad but not fake.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
    Options
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    If they have weapons and a few skills slotted they are not fake. They may be bad but not fake.

If they can’t fulfill their responsibilities they are fake.

Tank and healer also have weapon and skill slotted, according to you tank and healer are both subset of dd.
    Edited by ForzaRammer on 9 September 2023 22:23
    Options
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »

This is an interesting take.
    Options
  • Galiferno
    Galiferno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't solo queue as a tank anymore. The fast queue time is simply not worth it with how bad most pugs are. I always queue with at least one friend dpsing if I'm gonna tank to guarantee the dungeon can go smoothly. When people wonder where all the real tanks and healers are, they simply gotta look at the DPS of the average pug.
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i don't kick them as they don't exist.
    i've never seen a tank or healer who queued as a damage dealer
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • Malprave
    Malprave
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing better than an aggressive healer that likes to run their mouth and the group…
    Options
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    i don't kick them as they don't exist.
    i've never seen a tank or healer who queued as a damage dealer

Yes, they exist, union of tank healer dd is not the whole players base.

Just because a person is not a tank nor a healer, don’t mean they are a dd.
    Options
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not a support main or no opinion
    Not a support main. But, if I have a reason to believe the run will not be successful for whatever reason, I just say so in chat and leave the group.
    On indefinite hiatus since U41.
    Options
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Malprave wrote: »
    Nothing better than an aggressive healer that likes to run their mouth and the group…

Ah, I see you've been in a group with me before.
    Options
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree. The only fakes are tanks and healers.

Mostly it's people who queue in a role they have no intention of filling to beat the DD longer queue times. There is a lot of overlap between speed runners and fakes. It's the me-before-thee attitude...

So fakes tanks and healers are queue in a fake role for a shorter queue what is the alleged "fake" DD trying to accomplish?
    PS5/NA
    Options
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes they exist, a person select dd role but can’t fulfill dd responsibilities is a fake dd

So how do they not fulfill their role? Do they not move from the start of dungeon? Do they not have a weapon slotted? Were these secretly tanks and healers who just wanted a longer queue time?

PS5/NA
    Options
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree. The only fakes are tanks and healers.

Mostly it's people who queue in a role they have no intention of filling to beat the DD longer queue times. There is a lot of overlap between speed runners and fakes. It's the me-before-thee attitude...

So fakes tanks and healers are queue in a fake role for a shorter queue what is the alleged "fake" DD trying to accomplish?

Already answered in an earlier reply, ignore the answer won’t strengthen your argument
    Options
  • Daoin
    Daoin
    ✭✭✭
    maybe that nobody tries or has a chance to try for any achievments considering alot of speedrun achievments need to mop up all encounters, i always thought speedrunners was a bit too much of a compliment for fakes.. skippers ? or maybe just a good excuse to leave groups
    Options