The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Hobbit hole / shire furnishing recommendations?

Stanx
Stanx
✭✭✭✭✭
I really want to build a shire / hobbit themed house as I've always been totally enamored with the literature and movies. I've also seen a few examples online of people that have done really good jobs of it. I just want somewhere to chill with my characters that make me feel like I'm in Middle Earth.

I'm trying to research which furnishing items would best suit the aesthetic for a hobbit hole (ideally one that I can enter) and for an outdoorsy 'feasting' area (think Bilbo's 111st birthday sort of vibes).

I was wondering if anyone could recommend any particular furnishings. Circular doorways and hallways seem to be eluding me in particular, but I'd also like to find some rickety-looking tables, rustic vegetation and other items that may help build the house. I guess that a lot of the applicable items will probably come from various green furnishing plans which is part of the reason I'm asking, there is such an abundance of these and they really seem to vary dramatically in quality (some are really nice, some are super pixelly and look out-dated).

Cost isn't an issue; I have quite a lot of gold and am happy to make more over time to finish the project.

Any tips would be highly appreciated.

Thank you!
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you seen the Bag End build by @Cerulione in Bouldertree Refuge on PC EU? They posted a thread with screenshots in January that I would highly recommend you check out if you haven’t already. :) It looks like they used the “High Isle Archway, Carved” to create rounded hallways and window and door frames.
  • Stanx
    Stanx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you seen the Bag End build by @Cerulione in Bouldertree Refuge on PC EU? They posted a thread with screenshots in January that I would highly recommend you check out if you haven’t already. :) It looks like they used the “High Isle Archway, Carved” to create rounded hallways and window and door frames.

Thanks for replying!

Yes I did have a look, it's absolutely amazing. I'm not savvy enough with furnishings to see a build and understand the ingredients but it's so helpful for an overall idea of just how good it can look.

Thanks for the tips on the circular furnishings!
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stanx wrote: »

Thanks for replying!

Yes I did have a look, it's absolutely amazing. I'm not savvy enough with furnishings to see a build and understand the ingredients but it's so helpful for an overall idea of just how good it can look.

If you are able to visit, you should be able to use the inspect function to see what furnishing was used. ESO Fashion is also a great site to browse furnishings by category, style, etc. The door and windows that Cerulione used are also High Isle, made round by framing in the High Isle archway. The caveat is that I don’t think it’s possible to create a working round wooden door (in other words, one that still appears round when opened).
  • Stanx
    Stanx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stanx wrote: »

Thanks for replying!

If you are able to visit, you should be able to use the inspect function to see what furnishing was used. ESO Fashion is also a great site to browse furnishings by category, style, etc. The door and windows that Cerulione used are also High Isle, made round by framing in the High Isle archway. The caveat is that I don’t think it’s possible to create a working round wooden door (in other words, one that still appears round when opened).

Thanks for the tips! Unfortunately, I'm Xbox EU so can't visit but I'll definitely check out ESO fashion!

I'm sure I can work around the door and just use the circular as a facade.
  • princesspurpleblob
    princesspurpleblob
    ✭✭✭
    Hall of Colossus - Alinor in Elsweyr | Alinor Crest Townhouse - Alinor Noble Estate | Colossal Aldmeri Grotto - Alinor Scenic Estate | Sleek Creek House - Khajiiti Paradise | Bouldertree Refuge - Flora Estate | Autumn's Gate - Sweet Autumn Lodge | Domus Phrasticus - Breton Country House | Exorcised Coven Cottage - Forest Cottage | Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery - The Starry Sky Inn | Mathiisen Manor - Mathiisen Wedding Hall | Humblemud - Torchic Barn Party House | Other inn rooms / apartments / homes
  • Stanx
    Stanx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice thanks for linking the post!