Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Show off your "non-playable" races!

• Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Been nervous to post but this thread is exactly why I made a forum account so here we goooo

Velnorlavo the Maormer Storm Shark - Sorc tank / were"wolf" (wereshark ;) )
    LSoOQtD.png
    qLVFJXG.png

Zypeus the Minotaur - Ranged brittleden DPS
    OctTtFI.png
    GpKUVDn.png

Xyzivi the Sangiin-oriented Dremora - Melee stamblade DPS
    tjXat1U.png
    JPc4IaF.png
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    More.
    I need to see more!
    Anyone have an Ayleid character? I need inspiration for a costume for an Ayleid!
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not Tamrielic, but here is my Sith-inspired character:33s47kabg50l.png
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reachman
    wkqh9lybp783.jpg
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kyjziplqre76.png

My maomer exile.

u9ov94dl5heg.png

My "time lost" dwemer.
    Edited by BlueRaven on 3 September 2022 04:16
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »

u9ov94dl5heg.png

My "time lost" dwemer.

What did you use for his skin/face?

So many good ideas, everyone! Thanks for sharing!
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kallykat wrote: »
    BlueRaven wrote: »

u9ov94dl5heg.png

My "time lost" dwemer.

What did you use for his skin/face?

So many good ideas, everyone! Thanks for sharing!

Thank you!

He is a dark elf.

"Ringed and Gathered Warbeard" from the barbarian pack.

I hit the skin with "Arctic Rime Skin".

The armor is a mix of "Dwarven" and "Arkthzand Armory".

The staff is "Engine Guardian".

The dyes on the armor are:

Red Diamond Red, Hlaalu Gold, Brewer's Ale Brown.

Also here is a closeup of the face.

w4kjs9y5ow3c.png
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BlueRaven
    Thanks!
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    Been nervous to post but this thread is exactly why I made a forum account so here we goooo

Velnorlavo the Maormer Storm Shark - Sorc tank / were"wolf" (wereshark ;) )
    LSoOQtD.png

GpKUVDn.png

By the way, your Maormer looks great, and the Minotaur idea is really unique. Thanks for posting!

Keep them coming, everyone!
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Here's my Reachman, Conoch. He's just a kid, but he definitely has an otherworldly strength in him. Now he just needs to learn how to control it...
    tT5qtAb.png
    UheE7SM.png

Also was making a Maormer, but I need to get back on PTS to check him out a bit. I feel like he needs some tats or something. Still disappointed by the lack of finned ears and that he's a bit short - I will say that Maormer is the one race I wouldn't mind if they added...
    ZSZ9pwl.png
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @tomofhyrule I love these designs! I also really wish they would add finned ears. My Maormer uses an Altmer base, so she's a bit too tall.

Lately I've been using the Gloomlurker marking with the Moarmer skin scales over them. I like it on the arms, but it doesn't look good on the face, so now her skin is two shades.
    vw6xigtpo0ll.jpg
    vei6ufvs861v.jpg
    6dulvjsen24d.jpg

She looks wrinkly. :(
    c2qu8fydeu2r.jpg

[edited Gloomstalker to Gloomlurker... I play DND.]
    Edited by Kallykat on 11 December 2022 16:59
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a Falmer too!

I got the look I was going for by using a Bosmer, a sneaky personality, and I think a soul-shriven skin (I am too lazy to log back in and check right now). The chaurus chitin outfit pieces really help with the cosplay.

Here he is with his beloved pet chaurus.

plqoxbmeaxt7.png

Just two friends exploring Blackreach together.

24v6a4w28z1h.png

A brief visit to the Rift to better learn how to ride giant bugs. It's no chaurus, but it'll do.

2odlk6gnpzrb.png
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@FluffyReachWitch Wow! He's very convincing.

So many great ideas here. I really need more character slots, ZOS.
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kyngald Mohk Xho-Gatka at Deeksa Tower (updated images).

Kyngald-Mohk-Xho-Gatka-at-The-Tower-of-Deeksa-03.png

Kyngald-Mohk-Xho-Gatka-at-The-Tower-of-Deeksa-02.png

One with a better view of the armor (but in a not-so-appropriate setting).

Kyngald-Mohk-Xho-Gatka-02.png

Bonus: I'm not sure if this counts as non-playable... Uvraxith Nhem'gol, a High Elf recently reborn into lichdom.

Uvraxith-Nhem-gol.png
    Edited by Number_51 on 13 January 2023 17:34
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I made a Falmer too!

plqoxbmeaxt7.png

wow, really well done !!!
    10/10 originality

@xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xarc wrote: »
    Reachman
    wkqh9lybp783.jpg

yup. i'd reach for that man too. day-um.

Amazing picture, too. Where were you for that lighting?
    Edited by Thee_Cheshire_Cat on 15 January 2023 16:57
    Lady Kat, from the Cheshire Cats.Interested in HEAVY RP? IC at -all- times? https://thecheshirecatseso.proboards.com/#CheshireCats_RPnow
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I made a draugr. No, it's not the polymorph.

mQHVuwC.png
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is my Ohmes Khajiit, Ka'tlajjan.
    1okbkvh5hy9z.jpg
    I'm not saying she's a servant of the Great Darkness, the Daedric Prince Namiira, but...
    1zldeu9htgvv.jpg
    mjssbbbzcvfy.jpg
    knlheb3qqm4f.png
    zehldg42qdwk.png

By the way, how excited are we that there are two new character slots coming?
    Now the problem is going to be choosing just two non-playable races to create and figuring out which of my ideas for new characters works with an Arcanist. I was planning to make a Dwemer next, but I'm not sure how that fits the new class seeing as Dwemer typically don't worship Daedra. Any thoughts on what non-playable races would make good Arcanists?
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Restarted my Tang Mo "cosplay" on an alternative server, daily rewards gold well spent. Wasn't able to go closer to monkey-ish look for Khajiit, but kinda like it that way even.
    eso64_2022-11-10_17-55-39.png
    eso64_2022-12-27_12-55-13.png
    eso64_2022-12-27_12-56-26.png

Better later than never, forgotten repost from Outfit Megathread, still looks the same:)
    Edited by colossalvoids on 16 March 2023 21:50
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ I'm glad you posted him here. He really looks awesome.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Back with an update! Finally got him out of his baby armor and made the switch towards using a helmet... which is kind of cheating but much more obvious aha.
    Soarora wrote: »

OctTtFI.png
    GpKUVDn.png

image.png?width=1210&height=662
    image.png?width=817&height=662
    image.png?width=788&height=662
    image.png?width=711&height=662
    Edited by Soarora on 30 July 2023 18:56
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ He looks amazing! What feet does he have, btw?

(And I don't think the helmet's cheating.)
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kallykat wrote: »
    ^ He looks amazing! What feet does he have, btw?

(And I don't think the helmet's cheating.)

Glad to hear it! He's using deadlands gladiator light. All 3 weights are cloven hooves which I very much enjoy.
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    A Maormer

rYI5Xb0.jpg

who tends to get Seasick

m9n8P7d.jpg
  • Tomasius
    Tomasius
    ✭✭✭
    Meet a Colovian Archivist
    Screenshot1920x1080AureliaArdente2023.0725.0734-54Glenumbra.Daggerfall.CasaArdente.png

Aurelia Ardente
    Raised in Kvatch, Aurelia made her fortune uncovering documents which outlined how the events of the time would culminate in a Soulburst - and delivering the information to the Countess of Kvatch. Consequently, Kvatch was ready when the empire shattered and the gratitude of the Countess enabled Aurelia to take up a house and minor title in Daggerfall.

Sure, she dabbles in the arcane; but what archivist doesn't?
    Ex dubium scientia.
    From doubt [comes] knowledge
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tomasius wrote: »
    Screenshot1920x1080AureliaArdente2023.0725.0734-54Glenumbra.Daggerfall.CasaArdente.png

Aurelia Ardente
    Raised in Kvatch, Aurelia made her fortune uncovering documents which outlined how the events of the time would culminate in a Soulburst - and delivering the information to the Countess of Kvatch. Consequently, Kvatch was ready when the empire shattered and the gratitude of the Countess enabled Aurelia to take up a house and minor title in Daggerfall.

Colovians are just imperials, which are a playable race.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Tomasius
    Tomasius
    ✭✭✭

Aurelia Ardente

:grin: that's kinda reminiscent of what certain Roman Citizens used to say about the Calabrians! :joy:

But
    Lorewise (and, yes, there was a bit of a 'but' for those Roman Citizens of yore, as well) Colovia was originally a Nordic enclave in an Imperial province with more Imperial access and thus influence than Nordic influence; very much a cultural and genetic melting pot.

So, I'd expect quite a few Colovians would present a blend of Nordic and Imperial traits.Hence the non-playable race theme.
    Ex dubium scientia.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Aurelia Ardente

But
    Lorewise (and, yes, there was a bit of a 'but' for those Roman Citizens of yore, as well) Colovia was originally a Nordic enclave in an Imperial province with more Imperial access and thus influence than Nordic influence; very much a cultural and genetic melting pot.

So, I'd expect quite a few Colovians would present a blend of Nordic and Imperial traits.Hence the non-playable race theme.

Colovians and Nibenese were a social and economic split that happened a long time ago of the imperial people, who originate from various Nedic tribes. There are some imperials that have nord blood in them, same as there are imperials who have Akaviri and others blood in them. But all in all, they are all still the same race. Some cities like Bruma have Nordic influence, same as Cheydinhall have a little dunmer, and Leyawiin is influeced by argonians and khajiit. Because they are close to borders.
    Treating Colovians as non-imperials is like saying Orsinium or Stronghold orcs are not orcs.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Tomasius
    Tomasius
    ✭✭✭

Aurelia Ardente

But

Colovians and Nibenese were a social and economic split that happened a long time ago of the imperial people, who originate from various Nedic tribes. There are some imperials that have nord blood in them, same as there are imperials who have Akaviri and others blood in them. But all in all, they are all still the same race. Some cities like Bruma have Nordic influence, same as Cheydinhall have a little dunmer, and Leyawiin is influeced by argonians and khajiit. Because they are close to borders.
    Treating Colovians as non-imperials is like saying Orsinium or Stronghold orcs are not orcs.

"The West is respected as Cyrodiil's iron hand: firm, unwavering, and ever-vigilant. The Cyro-Nords that settled it had relinquished the fertile Nibenay Valley long ago."
    Pocket Guide to the Empire: Cyrodiil

By the same argument, treating Colovians as non-Nords is like saying Cyro-Nords are not Nords.

So I think there's some room for interpretation...and, based on the lore, I'm quite satisfied that the Colovians are as distinct from the Imperials as they are from the Nords.
    Ex dubium scientia.
  • AuroranGoldenEagle
    AuroranGoldenEagle
    ✭✭✭
    Here's my new Ohmes Khajiit arcarnist, Inerri the Page Turner.

I'm so happy that the new Henna skin works as a wonderful substitute for face markings, which in turn allows me to use these awesome eyes!

3z2lja2ekxau.png