Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Has my science and math education failed me?

• PVT_Parts
    PVT_Parts
    ✭✭✭
    What I paid for early access was to guarantee that I bought the game before fully realizing the bugs and problems with it. I decided to buy it because pre-ordering the game offered the 3 day early access as PART OF THE BUNDLE. So let's say this. How much did you pay for the game? You can't answer that because I can just say that you actually paid for the treasure map and early access and the game was just a bonus. We did pay for the early access, how much did I pay for it? $48 because that's how much I paid for the bundle. I know MMOs have bugs, but if it is advertised that I'll have 3 days before the launch, even taking out the server nug downtime, they just ended it 5 hours early anyways.
  • PVT_Parts
    PVT_Parts
    ✭✭✭
    Elixx wrote: »

If one did not pay for easly acces, how come it was so widely adverticed?

I dont get it.

Let's make it really simple then:

How much did you pay for early access? Not the game. Not the Imperial Edition. Early access.

The game is going to be the same price tomorrow, so you got that early access for free. You didn't pay one cent for it. So even if a refund were justified (it isn't), you still wouldn't be entitled to any money.

Ill make it simple back to you. I would probably not have bought the game if i knew what i knew today. And no, the price is actually cheaper in store then it is on Zenimax webpage where i live.

You are still fully entitled to a refund for your pre-order at this moment as you have not begun to use any of your 30 days access.

If you are truely dismayed about your experiences. Then please by all means. Get a refund and leave. If not. Then please stop posting your rhetoric and behaving like a child.

And I seriously doubt the game is 'cheaper' where you live. Unless youre purposely leaving out the fact that the Edition you purchased is different from the Edition found at said store.

I paid $48 for my edition on a 3rd party site because they had a 20% off coupon. Doesn't make it any better that they had all this downtime. Sure you can say it is expected and all that, but that doesn't make it right. That doesn't mean they shouldn't add a day extra onto your subscription for cheating us out a day. I bought it saying that I would get 3 days early access to the game, not 2.
  • myblackbox123
    myblackbox123
    ✭✭
    The pre-order incentive was to get early access. Legally and technically if you were able to log in, they fulfilled their side of the deal. Unfortunately, the ToS spells it out pretty clearly: they don't guarantee 24/7 access.

If, upon purchasing the game by pre-order, and they could not get the servers running at all during early access, I would see how a lawsuit for not fulfilling their part of the terms may be warranted.

Unfortunately, the servers were up during early access. Maybe not as much as we'd like them to be, but that's relative isn't it?

There were a number of other incentives with the pre-order packages. Early access was just one feature. So either way, no lawsuit.

Lol. Early access was the main incentive, I'm sure you'd agree. The horse was a nice 17k new car to go with it.

My point is that if they advertised "X" and someone didn't receive "X" after buying it, that's false advertising. Unless it said in the ToS we don't guarantee "X" even if you buy it, then they are bound to deliver.

• thjudgeman1142ub17_ESO
    LoreRunner wrote: »
    Grageeky wrote: »
    Laura wrote: »
    well you forgot one variable. You didn't pay for early access. You also need to keep in mind these things happen during early release - come on you aren't stupid. It will level out later I'm sure this isn't your first mmo rodio. and if it is. WELCOME TO MMO EARLY ACCESS!! did you at least get the name you wanted? because thats generally what people get when they get early access and thats about it.

Wrong! We PAID for early access, either the 3-day or 5-day variety AND this is an ONLINE service that is PAID out of subscription fees. So when it's offline without prior warning or scheduled downtime, that is BAD BUSINESS and FALSE ADVERTISING.

So are you saying you didn't read the large amount of text that said that maintenance could occur at any time and the you acknowledge that you do not get compensated for it? Or do you not read things you pretty much sign and agree to?

Oh you mean the madatory click yes forms or you cant play... ya no I dont read em because they all say the same thing and read like stereo intructions... besides it's given AFTER I purchase the game and as we all know reimbursment for digital media is ever so easy. If you actually read the form them hurray good for you.

Die hard TESO fans quoting the ToS are getting out of hand on these forums... as are the whiners wanting compensation for the downtimes...

• Grageeky
    Grageeky
    ✭✭✭

Wrong! We PAID for early access, either the 3-day or 5-day variety AND this is an ONLINE service that is PAID out of subscription fees. So when it's offline without prior warning or scheduled downtime, that is BAD BUSINESS and FALSE ADVERTISING.

How much did you pay for early access?

I got mine free with my pre-order. You should probably complain to your local retailer.

Uhhh, I bought it direct from Zos over a month ago and as advertised, where is my 35 day access?
    "Perhaps his egg spent too much time in the shade before his hatching." -Wareem-
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boxers or briefs? Which do you prefer?
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I got mine free with my pre-order. You should probably complain to your local retailer.

Uhhh, I bought it direct from Zos over a month ago and as advertised, where is my 35 day access?

And did you pay extra for early access? Read the ToS. You agreed to them.
    ----
    Murray?
  • liquid_wolf
    liquid_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Order the <EDITION> today and be the first to play with five days of early game access.

So you order the <EDITION> AND THEN you get 5/3/early access.
    Buy now, and get cash back. Order now, and we'll throw in this extra for free.

You didn't pay for that extra... It is not part of the product. It is a bonus.

This is the sum of it all.

They advertised the product WITH a bonus of early access.

Legally it is allowed. Marketing groups in many companies do this all the time. Particularly with "Cash back" adverts.

it is very important you remember that this was:
    Order the <EDITION> now
    AND THEN
    Get early access

But the two are not the same product. Early access might not even be considered a product, just a gesture of good will from the company.

This is how it is defended. So long as the bonus does no damage to you or yours, there isn't any breach of a contract here.
    Edited by liquid_wolf on 3 April 2014 19:12
  • Elixx
    Elixx
    ✭✭
    [/quote]

You are still fully entitled to a refund for your pre-order at this moment as you have not begun to use any of your 30 days access.

[/quote]

God im trying to but i cant acces my account page, since they took it down. Do i do this by mail or what?

"We are currently performing maintenance in preparation for the end of Early Access and our imminent worldwide launch. The account services web page and the game servers will be available again as soon as possible! If you need immediate assistance, please visit our Customer Support page and we’ll be happy to help you. For the latest updates and news, please follow us on our Facebook and Twitter channels. "
    Edited by Elixx on 3 April 2014 19:17
  • thjudgeman1142ub17_ESO
    The pre-order incentive was to get early access. Legally and technically if you were able to log in, they fulfilled their side of the deal. Unfortunately, the ToS spells it out pretty clearly: they don't guarantee 24/7 access.

If, upon purchasing the game by pre-order, and they could not get the servers running at all during early access, I would see how a lawsuit for not fulfilling their part of the terms may be warranted.

Unfortunately, the servers were up during early access. Maybe not as much as we'd like them to be, but that's relative isn't it?

There were a number of other incentives with the pre-order packages. Early access was just one feature. So either way, no lawsuit.

Agree no lawsuit...that would just be silly. So if early access was just one of the incentives to get people to pre-order then would it be ok if they decided to give you none of em. Which ones are a deal breaker for you? Because if they printed XYZ would be available to the people pre-ordering the game then not one should be removed or diminished. Doing so is just bad business.

I dont care either way... I didnt have much time this week for the pre-order beta test anyway.
  • Grageeky
    Grageeky
    ✭✭✭

I agree to pay online services for being online. And posting the same day of taking the servers down does not constitute advance warning or scheduled downtime. And no where in the ADVERTISED early access that I PAID FOR, was there a message saying, "Oh BTW you might only get 3 days of the 5 days that you are purchasing a month ahead of time."
    "Perhaps his egg spent too much time in the shade before his hatching." -Wareem-
  • PVT_Parts
    PVT_Parts
    ✭✭✭

Paid extra for the early acces? no. Paid for them? Yes. They were part of the package. You don't pay "Extra" for them because they are included, but I did pay for them. If you purchased the bundle and got the treaure map, early access, and no game, would you agree that "you didn't pay any extra for the game"?
  • Nicolyne
    Nicolyne
    ✭✭
    Audigy wrote: »
    There are several people who bought the imperial edition only because of the 5 days, maybe the OP is one of them.

I got 5 days and I didn't buy the Imperial edition.

• Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PVT_Parts wrote: »

I dont get it.

How much did you pay for early access? Not the game. Not the Imperial Edition. Early access.

The game is going to be the same price tomorrow, so you got that early access for free. You didn't pay one cent for it. So even if a refund were justified (it isn't), you still wouldn't be entitled to any money.

Ill make it simple back to you. I would probably not have bought the game if i knew what i knew today. And no, the price is actually cheaper in store then it is on Zenimax webpage where i live.

If you are truely dismayed about your experiences. Then please by all means. Get a refund and leave. If not. Then please stop posting your rhetoric and behaving like a child.

And I seriously doubt the game is 'cheaper' where you live. Unless youre purposely leaving out the fact that the Edition you purchased is different from the Edition found at said store.

I paid $48 for my edition on a 3rd party site because they had a 20% off coupon. Doesn't make it any better that they had all this downtime. Sure you can say it is expected and all that, but that doesn't make it right. That doesn't mean they shouldn't add a day extra onto your subscription for cheating us out a day. I bought it saying that I would get 3 days early access to the game, not 2.

I can definitely say its right. If theyre fixing the game....Theyre doing their jobs. If they werent youd be in here crying about all the bugs and how they arent getting fixed.

Funny how Zenimax just cant get things 'right'.....How ever will they please PVT_Parts.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • SirLee
    SirLee
    ✭✭
    jircris11 wrote: »
    Tp those of you whom think you paid for the early access, you did not. You paid 59.99 for the slandered edition with the game and one month free they GAVE you the 5 day access free. And those who paid 79.99 like my self paid for the imperial/horse/ring of mara and a month of game time With the 5 day FREE. NO ONE ON THIS PLANET OR ANOTHER paid for the 3-5 day early access. I really wish people would get it through their head about this, And if you have played any mmo you will know servers are not up 24/7 there is down time especially close to launch to get everything ready.

Actually according to my states consumer protection laws, as the early access was advertised as part of the package, I did indeed pay for it.

These laws vary by state, so you will want to check on yours specifically. But, barracks lawyering stating that someone did not pay for an advertised benefit is blatantly false under many states laws. In most places, if you advertise something as a benefit of purchase you had damed well better be able to deliver on that benefit. If you are selling a new drink that claims to make the consumer of that product "health, wealthy , and wise", then it had better do so or face the wrath of consumer protection agency and or attorney generals office. In this case "Early access" was advertised as a benefit and they had to deliver on it or they would be in a lot of trouble. The only real legal question in this case is: Does the level of service delivered equal what was advertised. That question would be up to a jury as a finding of fact. Not that I think it is even worth the effort to bring such a case before a jury,or that anyone who did was likely to win a judgment.
    He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious. Sun Tzu
  • PVT_Parts
    PVT_Parts
    ✭✭✭
    "Order the Digital Standard Edition today and be the first to play with five days of early game access." bundle, not a buy then you get this.
  • PVT_Parts
    PVT_Parts
    ✭✭✭

I dont get it.

I can definitely say its right. If theyre fixing the game....Theyre doing their jobs. If they werent youd be in here crying about all the bugs and how they arent getting fixed.

Funny how Zenimax just cant get things 'right'.....How ever will they please PVT_Parts.

how will they please me? simple. Give me that day that I'm missing from my early access.
  • Kiash
    Kiash
    ✭✭✭
    SirLee wrote: »
    jircris11 wrote: »
    Tp those of you whom think you paid for the early access, you did not. You paid 59.99 for the slandered edition with the game and one month free they GAVE you the 5 day access free. And those who paid 79.99 like my self paid for the imperial/horse/ring of mara and a month of game time With the 5 day FREE. NO ONE ON THIS PLANET OR ANOTHER paid for the 3-5 day early access. I really wish people would get it through their head about this, And if you have played any mmo you will know servers are not up 24/7 there is down time especially close to launch to get everything ready.

Actually according to my states consumer protection laws, as the early access was advertised as part of the package, I did indeed pay for it.

These laws vary by state, so you will want to check on yours specifically. But, barracks lawyering stating that someone did not pay for an advertised benefit is blatantly false under many states laws. In most places, if you advertise something as a benefit of purchase you had damed well better be able to deliver on that benefit. If you are selling a new drink that claims to make the consumer of that product "health, wealthy , and wise", then it had better do so or face the wrath of consumer protection agency and or attorney generals office. In this case "Early access" was advertised as a benefit and they had to deliver on it or they would be in a lot of trouble. The only real legal question in this case is: Does the level of service delivered equal what was advertised. That question would be up to a jury as a finding of fact. Not that I think it is even worth the effort to bring such a case before a jury,or that anyone who did was likely to win a judgment.

It's a moot point. If you read the terms of service, them having the server up for even 1 minute during the last 5 days fulfills their contractual agreement to their customer. It's not a guaranteed 24/7 access.

Your case would go nowhere in court. In fact, it wouldn't even make it to court, no one would take the case.

• SirLee
    SirLee
    ✭✭
    "Order the Digital Standard Edition today and be the first to play with five days of early game access." bundle, not a buy then you get this.
    You need to reread that. It is clearly stating that if you buy the product today you will get X as a benefit. Where X is the early access. The same as with the TV infomercials where they say if you buy this product in the next 20 min then you get X as an added benefit. This is not a new or unique marketing strategy.

Maybe it is because I am a crotchety old man, but seriously this is basic reading ability. What are they teaching kid these days! And, Get off my LAWN you wipper-snappers!!!
    He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious. Sun Tzu
  • PVT_Parts
    PVT_Parts
    ✭✭✭
    yes, order it and you get X. So you order it and get X. It's like order this car and you will get air conditioning. Are you saying that I won't get air conditioning with that car? Reading comprehension has nothing to do with this. It is clearly advertised as you getting something with the purchase of something else, therefore you will get that thing. It doesn't say "Order the Digital Standard Edition today and maybe be the first to play with five days of early game access if we feel like giving it to you."
    Edited by PVT_Parts on 3 April 2014 19:53
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    I did pay for early access, that was a term in the pre-order purchasing contract.

But you didn't pay anything for a pre-order. You paid the same price as people who will buy the same package as you tomorrow and get nothing extra. Also, as people have already pointed out, you need to read the ToS. So really it was your English lessons that let you down, not Science or Maths.
  • PVT_Parts
    PVT_Parts
    ✭✭✭
    Thete wrote: »
    I did pay for early access, that was a term in the pre-order purchasing contract.

But you didn't pay anything for a pre-order. You paid the same price as people who will buy the same package as you tomorrow and get nothing extra. Also, as people have already pointed out, you need to read the ToS. So really it was your English lessons that let you down, not Science or Maths.

Clearly their TOS says nothing about server down time. Otherwise they wouldn't have extended early access to Sunday. If they weren't libel, they wouldn't have given it to us. I am happy with their HR again like I was the first 4 hour Beta test where they gave us an additional 30 minutes because the servers were down for 18 minutes