Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Has my science and math education failed me?

PVT_Parts
PVT_Parts
✭✭✭
I was told that I paid for 3 days early access? I guess my math classes and science classes explaining how long a day is were teaching me incorrectly? Tuesday 7am- Thursday 2pm(55 hours) - 12 hour maintinance (43 hours)=1.8 days(60% time advertised) early access. Or does Zenimax just count the daylight hours of 7am-7pm as their 12 hour day? so 12+(12-7)+7=2(66% time advertised) days early access even going with just the 7am-7pm model. What does Zenimax count as a day? I really want to know before I pay $15 a month* and have it end up equaling 20 days(66% of a 30 day month).
Edited by PVT_Parts on 3 April 2014 18:35
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well you forgot one variable. You didn't pay for early access. You also need to keep in mind these things happen during early release - come on you aren't stupid. It will level out later I'm sure this isn't your first mmo rodio. and if it is. WELCOME TO MMO EARLY ACCESS!! did you at least get the name you wanted? because thats generally what people get when they get early access and thats about it.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you should have spent more time reading. The ToS includes a clause about maintenance. You are not guaranteed 24/7 access to the server.
    ----
    Murray?
  • PVT_Parts
    PVT_Parts
    ✭✭✭
    I did pay for early access, that was a term in the pre-order purchasing contract.
  • Grageeky
    Grageeky
    ✭✭✭
    Laura wrote: »
    well you forgot one variable. You didn't pay for early access. You also need to keep in mind these things happen during early release - come on you aren't stupid. It will level out later I'm sure this isn't your first mmo rodio. and if it is. WELCOME TO MMO EARLY ACCESS!! did you at least get the name you wanted? because thats generally what people get when they get early access and thats about it.

Wrong! We PAID for early access, either the 3-day or 5-day variety AND this is an ONLINE service that is PAID out of subscription fees. So when it's offline without prior warning or scheduled downtime, that is BAD BUSINESS and FALSE ADVERTISING.
    "Perhaps his egg spent too much time in the shade before his hatching." -Wareem-
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grageeky wrote: »

Wrong! We PAID for early access, either the 3-day or 5-day variety AND this is an ONLINE service that is PAID out of subscription fees. So when it's offline without prior warning or scheduled downtime, that is BAD BUSINESS and FALSE ADVERTISING.

How much did you pay for early access?

I got mine free with my pre-order. You should probably complain to your local retailer.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Corithna
    Corithna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, what's 66% of 0? As far as the purchase choices I saw, not one of them charged separately for early access. Pre order normal edition still cost the same as regular edition. Imperial edition has several in game features that are what was paid for. Early access was a freebie, so yeah I guess you math has failed you.

Sigh, I guess that is kind of harsh to say. I realize that you're just upset because you didn't anticipate this down time. But being upset doesn't make what you posted right either.
    For all the millions of pages of codified law we have enacted in this nation alone, all of it, every word, sentence, paragraph and nuance, is steeped in the singular idea of this:

"Be good to one another."
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    Know what you're buying before you buy it...early access just means you have early access to bugs before they're fixed :D

Maintenance at the start of a game's life cycle is early and often. If you have any sort of MMO background you just expect this. (Games coming over from asia and just being localized don't count.)
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭

how much did you pay for early access exactly? You already paid your subscription?
    Edited by Laura on 3 April 2014 18:41
  • Elixx
    Elixx
    ✭✭

If one did not pay for easly acces, how come it was so widely adverticed?

I dont get it.

• LoreRunner
    LoreRunner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So are you saying you didn't read the large amount of text that said that maintenance could occur at any time and the you acknowledge that you do not get compensated for it? Or do you not read things you pretty much sign and agree to?
    If you like my thoughts, feed my addiction! Give me forum credit! :)
  • Supersomething
    Supersomething
    ✭✭✭
    PVT_Parts wrote: »
    I did pay for early access, that was a term in the pre-order purchasing contract.

So what did you learn about pre-ordering? Technically speaking the game is not officially launched and those of us who are playing in Early Access get to as a privilege not a right. The only thing that was a "term" in your pre-order was perks such as the Adventurer's packs, pets, and Imperial race and horse if you got the bigger editions.

Remember, you're unique... just like everyone else.
    Characters
    Tiberius Aulus
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1.) You did not pay for Early Access. Regardless of what Edition of the game you bought. All Pre-Orders received some sort of Early Access.
    2.) You can not hope to convince anyone with math that you are owed anything during Early Access.
    3.) MMOs have Maintenance. These some times take 3-6 hours about once a week.
    4.) During the first month of an MMOs launch there are inevitably unforseen issues that cause the Servers to be brought down for emergency maintenance.
    5.) On very rare occasions a bug so devastating to the game will force the Devs to bring the servers down for possibly 12-24 hours. Its extremely rare but not unheard of.
    6.) You might have some math skills but your science skills are definitely failing you here. Youve failed to take in all of the variables and have come to a very faulty conclusion.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elixx wrote: »

I dont get it.

Let's make it really simple then:

How much did you pay for early access? Not the game. Not the Imperial Edition. Early access.

The game is going to be the same price tomorrow, so you got that early access for free. You didn't pay one cent for it. So even if a refund were justified (it isn't), you still wouldn't be entitled to any money.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Downtime during this phase of an MMO launch is reasonable, expected and downright necessary when it provides ZoS with an opportunity to stop players finding ways of doing evil things that they shouldn't be doing. Making sure it can't happen in future is hardly grounds for whining as someone who'd benefit from it (namely yourself and myself).

Also, ANYONE who thinks that early access is obligatory is totally mistaken. Everything we've received so far is by the grace of Zenimax alone, not something we're owed. Keep that in mind.
  • darkkterror_ESO
    darkkterror_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    PVT_Parts wrote: »

You had to sign a contract? Wow, you got screwed. I can cancel my pre-order at any time (including right this moment) without any penalty or charge. I'm certainly not in any "contract."

Did they also ask for the life of your first born?

• Elixx
    Elixx
    ✭✭

I dont get it.

How much did you pay for early access? Not the game. Not the Imperial Edition. Early access.

The game is going to be the same price tomorrow, so you got that early access for free. You didn't pay one cent for it. So even if a refund were justified (it isn't), you still wouldn't be entitled to any money.

Ill make it simple back to you. I would probably not have bought the game if i knew what i knew today. And no, the price is actually cheaper in store then it is on Zenimax webpage where i live.

• Kiash
    Kiash
    ✭✭✭
    You didn't pay for early access. You pre-purchased a game that releases on 4/4/14. It really is that simple.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tp those of you whom think you paid for the early access, you did not. You paid 59.99 for the slandered edition with the game and one month free they GAVE you the 5 day access free. And those who paid 79.99 like my self paid for the imperial/horse/ring of mara and a month of game time With the 5 day FREE. NO ONE ON THIS PLANET OR ANOTHER paid for the 3-5 day early access. I really wish people would get it through their head about this, And if you have played any mmo you will know servers are not up 24/7 there is down time especially close to launch to get everything ready.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ill make it simple back to you. I would probably not have bought the game if i knew what i knew today. And no, the price is actually cheaper in store then it is on Zenimax webpage where i live.

That's a local sale, which still has nothing to do with regular, retail pre-order pricing. You did not pay extra. And are you honestly saying you wouldn't be getting this game if you'd only known that MMOs had maintenance time?
    ----
    Murray?
  • myblackbox123
    myblackbox123
    ✭✭
    The pre-order incentive was to get early access. Legally and technically if you were able to log in, they fulfilled their side of the deal. Unfortunately, the ToS spells it out pretty clearly: they don't guarantee 24/7 access.

If, upon purchasing the game by pre-order, and they could not get the servers running at all during early access, I would see how a lawsuit for not fulfilling their part of the terms may be warranted.

Unfortunately, the servers were up during early access. Maybe not as much as we'd like them to be, but that's relative isn't it?
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The pre-order incentive was to get early access. Legally and technically if you were able to log in, they fulfilled their side of the deal. Unfortunately, the ToS spells it out pretty clearly: they don't guarantee 24/7 access.

If, upon purchasing the game by pre-order, and they could not get the servers running at all during early access, I would see how a lawsuit for not fulfilling their part of the terms may be warranted.

Unfortunately, the servers were up during early access. Maybe not as much as we'd like them to be, but that's relative isn't it?

There were a number of other incentives with the pre-order packages. Early access was just one feature. So either way, no lawsuit.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Elixx
    Elixx
    ✭✭

That's a local sale, which still has nothing to do with regular, retail pre-order pricing. You did not pay extra. And are you honestly saying you wouldn't be getting this game if you'd only known that MMOs had maintenance time?

Yes, i was asking for a way to refound the game about 10 min before the server went down. Want a link?
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    OK, this is a just plain snarky and I don't normally do this but:
    Captian_Ob_Launch.png
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

How many pre orders did you have so far? I count 5 or 6 and never were the servers down so much. It actually was a real release and you could play non stop (if you wanted <--- never did that ^^)

To say people didn't pay extra is wrong btw. There are several people who bought the imperial edition only because of the 5 days, maybe the OP is one of them.

Maintenances are expected, especially at MMO´s and during the early or patch days. However, it was a bit unlucky with TESO - especially that the server went down now to prepare the launch. First time this has happened and I saw most if not all pre orders of the past few years, so this is also new for me ;)

As for your remark on the names, well since we have surnames now we should all have gotten our desired name anyways ;) but yes, many only buy the Pre Order because of that, just to see themselves screwed over when servers go down or they are forced to rename their char "cough SWTOR cough" :disappointed_relieved:
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Audigy wrote: »

How many pre orders did you have so far? I count 5 or 6 and never were the servers down so much. It actually was a real release and you could play non stop (if you wanted <--- never did that ^^)

To say people didn't pay extra is wrong btw. There are several people who bought the imperial edition only because of the 5 days, maybe the OP is one of them.

Maintenances are expected, especially at MMO´s and during the early or patch days. However, it was a bit unlucky with TESO - especially that the server went down now to prepare the launch. First time this has happened and I saw most if not all pre orders of the past few years, so this is also new for me ;)

As for your remark on the names, well since we have surnames now we should all have gotten our desired name anyways ;) but yes, many only buy the Pre Order because of that, just to see themselves screwed over when servers go down or they are forced to rename their char "cough SWTOR cough" :disappointed_relieved:

Every pre-order from the ZO store (standard or IE) got 5 days. No one paid extra. Stop it.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I dont get it.

You are still fully entitled to a refund for your pre-order at this moment as you have not begun to use any of your 30 days access.

If you are truely dismayed about your experiences. Then please by all means. Get a refund and leave. If not. Then please stop posting your rhetoric and behaving like a child.

And I seriously doubt the game is 'cheaper' where you live. Unless youre purposely leaving out the fact that the Edition you purchased is different from the Edition found at said store.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Elixx
    Elixx
    ✭✭
    OK, this is a just plain snarky and I don't normally do this but:
    Captian_Ob_Launch.png

So are we less worthy now?

I been a party of maby 20+ bad releases, i get kind of upset everytime. Now let me cry pls.

• lioslinn
    lioslinn
    ✭✭✭
    all early access means is reserving the names you like. Within 5 minutes of early access people`s chosen names were already taken because apparently the server went up an hour early. Beyond that they`re an exercise in patience...
    reality.sys corrupted-reboot universe [y/n] _
  • Paks_ESO
    Paks_ESO
    ✭✭
    Maybe you should have spent more time reading. The ToS includes a clause about maintenance. You are not guaranteed 24/7 access to the server.

This post should have stopped the thread.

PC/NA
  • Supersomething
    Supersomething
    ✭✭✭
    Audigy wrote: »

Ya... the Imperial edition was not the only way to get early access... if you pre ordered any edition through the Zenimax website you got 5 days early access.

Remember, you're unique... just like everyone else.
    Characters
    Tiberius Aulus