Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Permabans being lifted] ZOS how are we as a community dealing with exploits/hacking?

• Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My understanding is the people that are over the top using the cheat to prove a point are fully expecting to be perma banned. And they don't care.

The fact that this cheating is happening, and can do SO much damage to the game is a huge problem. The only answer that is going to be accepted by the community is going to be 1. perma ban EVERYONE you can prove are/have used the cheating program and 2. FIX IT so no one can use it ever again.

I swear, if they bubblegum this up with rainbows and sunbeams and do not dam fix this ***, I'm done. It was bad enough that they let everyone keep their mats after the survey deal. Watching a guy jumping around, walking around in the air and using abilities while up there, yeah no, not ok. The possibilities are ENDLESS with that program. ZOS can either man the **** up and deal with this, or I'm def on the team saying the game is dead.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Daraugh
    Daraugh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is a name and shame free video. If this gets removed its a blatant act of censorship.

NOTE: This video contains NO NAMES and NO DESCRIPTION of the exploit or how to do it. It just shows visually what is happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KosPhi1vchQ

This is what it's like to PvP right now. This is the quality of our game.

SHAME!
    SHAME!

Damn... now I understand and fully support the anger! I've been in pve all afternoon, leveling a lowbie. That's horrifying.
    May all beings have happiness
    May they be free from suffering
    May they find the joy that has never known suffering
    May they be free from attachment and hatred
  • Psychotius
    Psychotius
    ✭✭✭
    Psychotius wrote: »
    Naming and shaming has legal issues attached to it, I have never heard of a gaming company or any company doing that. It's just not going to happen.

Runescape actually made a zone where an npc (was like a Puritan witch hunter kind of guy) would call out character names of bots as they were banned. Was pretty funny.

Bots are not people.

People use bots bruh, so it falls under the same category...
    I'm not as am as you drunk I think.
  • TrueGreenSmoker
    TrueGreenSmoker
    ✭✭✭
    Wow ZoS smh.. I dont play PC Im on PS4 but damn seeing all these meteors and other ulti spams this needs to be fix Cheat Engine ruining the game on PC

PS4 - NA - CP 859+
    #1 Magicka Sorc - AD - High Elf - Vampire - TrueGreen
    #2 Magicka DK - AD - Dark Elf - Vampire - Flamy Burnin Alot
    #3 Magicka Temp - AD - High Elf - Vampire - TrueGreen Temp
    #4 Magicka NB - AD - Breton - Vampire - Magic of the Night
    #5 Magicka Sorc - DC - High Elf - Vampire - High Old Elf
    #6 Stamina Sorc - EP - Orc - Normal - Original Herbalist
    #7 Stamina NB - AD - Redguard - Vampire - Gank and Blaze
    #8 Magicka DK - EP - Argonian - Vamp - Flamy-Tail

PS4 - EU - CP 249
    #1 Magicka Temp - DC - Breton - Normal - Mary Healer Jane
    #2 Magicka Sorc - DC High Elf - Normal - Baked Wizard of DC

Playing on PS4 NA
    media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdgl7fwlj61ro2d43.gif
  • Aiphaton
    Aiphaton
    ✭✭✭✭
    aQq8MbK_700b.jpg

WHERES MY REFLECT
    GOD DAMNIT
    Got removed cause meteors should be not reflectable isnt a projectile
    Edited by Aiphaton on 29 May 2016 21:57
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say we have a purge in-game against the cheaters, before they get permanently banned. Let us merk them a bit, and get our AP up on their characters. It's only fair, considering some of them used their cheating to get AP from us.

Come out, come out, cheaters! We just wanna talk!
    CKdvYX6UMAAliMi.jpg
  • Brightxdawn
    Brightxdawn
    ✭✭✭
    Thing is some of these kids are actually adults
  • DjSolJAH
    DjSolJAH
    ✭✭✭
    In regards to the original question.... Looks like the community is posting video and sshot proof of cheaters and ZOS is locking the threads because, you know, naming and shaming is wayyyyy worse than cheating...
    Zee blues are coming!!!! Always.... Always coming...
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So if we don't hear about any news about a fix or bans, who's willing to boycott on Tuesday?
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I for one expect much more transparence in the way ZOS handles these game-killing issues.

By transparence, I mean:
    1. Evidence of punishment. We've all watched the videos, we know the names of a few shameless cheaters. Well I want to see videos where the characters of these cheaters are deleted, and their accounts banned for ever. Vids, or it didn't happen.
    2. Official statements acknowledging the problem and explaining exactly what is being done to solve it. And not some pinned message in an obscure sub-forum: an announcement in the launcher.
    3. Another clear official statement in the launcher that ZOS's stance on cheating and exploiting is decidedly unforgiving. Toe the line, or GTFO.

For what it's worth, I've been trying to convince friends to play the game for weeks now.
    Seeing all this, I'm not so sure I want to keep doing so now - not to mention this truly ruins my pleasure and taints the game with suspicion and distrust, and that I just might stop playing altogether (no, you can't have my stuff!!!) if nothing's done.

ZOS, get your act together.
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come to my youtube channel in signature! see the latest PvP video! Its awesome! Reminds me of that guy in star wars. Luke something walker?
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've said it in how many threads, I could probably find some from back in 2014 if ZOS really wanted.

They don't punish people or make statements about exploiting/bans and as such over the last two years it's become the culture to abuse this game.

No one is scared of your GM team ZOS, no one thinks they're going to be banned and if they are they know they'll be back in a few days because this is the precedent which has been set.

We're more in fear of being forums moderated than banned from the game. At some point ZOS need to either turn around and change their ways or accept/admit that this games going to hell with cheating/abusing and they don't care.

I have posted in countless abuse threads, I have linked videos and websites of other MMO companies, I have offered advice how they can improve things. They don't listen.

I'm sick of trying and feeling like I am just banging my head into a wall.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Wtrenga
    Wtrenga
    ✭✭✭
    Those cheaters in Fengrush's stream should have done this all in the ESO Live stream on PTS. In the future, please do it everytime they're streaming ESO Live...I'd love to see their faces
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    We've said it in how many threads, I could probably find some from back in 2014 if ZOS really wanted.

They don't punish people or make statements about exploiting/bans and as such over the last two years it's become the culture to abuse this game.

No one is scared of your GM team ZOS, no one thinks they're going to be banned and if they are they know they'll be back in a few days because this is the precedent which has been set.

We're more in fear of being forums moderated than banned from the game. At some point ZOS need to either turn around and change their ways or accept/admit that this games going to hell with cheating/abusing and they don't care.

I have posted in countless abuse threads, I have linked videos and websites of other MMO companies, I have offered advice how they can improve things. They don't listen.

I'm sick of trying and feeling like I am just banging my head into a wall.

Oh my! Is even @Turelus turning his back on ZOS, and or starting to feel sick of ZOS' antics like the rest of us...? I'm shocked to see those words coming from Turelus of all people. Well done, Zenimax. You've managed to not only anger @Deltia, and cause him to make an appearance... But, you've even made Turelus begin to lose hope in you... Tsk, tsk...

And onto a point you've made @Turelus. I've noticed the forums get policed far more than the game does, and in my opinion — that's completely backwards. The game itself should have more of a priority in terms of keeping it clean and healthy than the forums. But is it the case? No. ZOS, you have people more concerned with worrying about getting banned here than in-game. And that's not right. That's not right at all.

Solid post you've made, Turelus. Always a pleasure reading your posts.
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When will be The Exploit available in the crown store?
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JamilaRaj wrote: »
    When will be The Exploit available in the crown store?

4th of ETA for only 6000 crowns!
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not on pc, so I only have to deal with the annoying lag, but I LOVE to see all the people that were fighting with other forum members, keeping ZOS` side, defending them as hard as they can, and sometimes even being rude, now all angry. :trollface:

But lets still not forget, the forum managers have nothing to do with this in the end.
    I like sweetrolls and I cannot lie
  • Eletheia
    Eletheia
    ✭✭
    To add to this, has anyone even SEEN a GM in the game while playing on the Xbox One? If they were more active, ZoS would not have to rely on the players reporting others for cheating. For instance, there are a number of players who are running dual class abilities on one character (sorc and nightblade, etc) that have been reported , and there are still even more out there. If there was someone actually playing the game seeing what was happening, we wouldn't have to waste our time reporting the issue. I agree that NOTHING is ever done. I also agree that ZoS seems to be more intent on monitoring these boards than the game. GMs need to be more active and maybe players who have been playing the game fairly and faithfully since the release might stop getting frustrated and moving to other games. Animation cancelling needs to be addressed, if they are not going to fix it, then they need to make it so that the person on the receiving end has a chance to react and defend themselves instead of standing there unable to even cast a shield. All of us who play fairly are getting fed up with the cheaters, and all of us are getting fed up with nothing being done about it.
  • Brightxdawn
    Brightxdawn
    ✭✭✭
    Zenimax polices the forums more than the game because they dont want any potential new buyers to read how the game is actually functioning. They don't want to lose sales. They need their numbers up to satisfy their masters.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    Jaronking wrote: »
    Attackopsn wrote: »
    This kind of intentional exploitation and cheating is disgusting. This is the same behavior that ruined diablo on console platforms, such a shame to see players going out of their way to ruin a game.
    Well to be fair their not trying to ruin the game well not all of them some are just trying to get @ZOS to fox their dam game.Can you blame them for that?

Cheaters always say this. And guess what, it's a lie.
    Its only a lie if ZOS continue to not fix their dam game.Their been exploit that only affects PVP am sure if this also didn't affect PVE most of you wouldn't even care.That's why some are doing this to get on leaders boards for PVE to force a fix.

ROTFLMAO - I'm sorry, but that's just bs. If someone is telling you that is the reason they are exploiting the game and you believe it, then I have some property I would like to sell you down in the Florida everglades :)
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because of course people downloading a third party piece of software and using that piece of software that has nothing to do with Zenimax is all Zenimax's fault, isn't it?

Get a grip, some of you. ZOS definitely have their faults, but this isn't one of them. Stop shifting blame off of the cheaters.

ZOS could absolutely police the game more. Definitely. But how about putting the blame where it belongs? Which is solely on those who downloaded this software and chose to use it.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashtaris does that property come with evidence destroying garbage eating gators/argonians?

If Zenicats does nothing about this. Then MEOAR people will use it. Tutorials on how to use it will come out. Feedback will be sent to the makers of CE on how to make it better. The old bot farmers will be back running VIPER and CE. ZOS take note. or is it take POTE?
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    Because of course people downloading a third party piece of software and using that piece of software that has nothing to do with Zenimax is all Zenimax's fault, isn't it?

Get a grip, some of you. ZOS definitely have their faults, but this isn't one of them. Stop shifting blame off of the cheaters.

ZOS could absolutely police the game more. Definitely. But how about putting the blame where it belongs? Which is solely on those who downloaded this software and chose to use it.

It is their fault, with a proper client-server architecture the game could not be cheated with a client-side program. So there are still things done client-side, which belong on the server - and this opens the game up for hacks like this. Unfortunately this does not look like an issue, which ZOS could solve quickly - they can use the ban hammer, but a fix to the game to make this impossible is rather work intensive - removing hacks and do proper programming is by far more difficult then implementing hacks. And as it seems these hack are there to get performance up - at the cost of security and possibly even privacy.
  • nagarjunna
    nagarjunna
    ✭✭✭✭
    There has been a response from Jessica on this in the PvP section:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3020064#Comment_3020064
    @nagarjunna- PC / NA / AD / DC
    Zazarakel - Max CP Magicka Templar
    Tartys - Max CP Stamina Nightblade
    Temelechus - Max CP Magicka Sorcerer
    Assaku - Max CP Stamina DragonKnight
    Truthforge - Sub 50 Stamina Templar
    Yang Wudi Sub 50 Stamina Sorceror [DC]
    Shou Chung Sub 50 Magicka DragonKnight
    Chen Tuan Sun 50 Magicka Nightblade
  • nagarjunna
    nagarjunna
    ✭✭✭✭
    and a later comment from her too!
    @nagarjunna- PC / NA / AD / DC
    Zazarakel - Max CP Magicka Templar
    Tartys - Max CP Stamina Nightblade
    Temelechus - Max CP Magicka Sorcerer
    Assaku - Max CP Stamina DragonKnight
    Truthforge - Sub 50 Stamina Templar
    Yang Wudi Sub 50 Stamina Sorceror [DC]
    Shou Chung Sub 50 Magicka DragonKnight
    Chen Tuan Sun 50 Magicka Nightblade
  • Brightxdawn
    Brightxdawn
    ✭✭✭
    We need an official reply from ZOS and what actions will be taken to correct this matter.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZoS could try to fight fire with fire, send their gamemasters in there with Invincible characters with 1 shot killing abilities, I will love to watch the cheaters cry as they realize their attacks do nothing to them.
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on 30 May 2016 03:58
  • Manpoints
    Manpoints
    ✭✭✭✭
    You guys gotta remember, its not just the CE cheats that result in in-game advantages. Keyboard scripting for auto-dps has always been an issue that has never been addressed, I know people who still do that today. So many people who shouted down the complaints about the banker exploit are now hopping on the bandwagon trying to force change...

...but you guys do remember this is the lot that posted their exemption to TOS because someone has a twitch channel.

My opinion, is ban anyone permanently who knowingly exploits an in game bug, be it with CE, be it with the banker (they did track how many times the same writ was used), be it with jumping through walls - whatever. I look at the forums today and I see nothing but a community in uproar about how this game has sunken so far - well we are the ones that let it get there by not forcing ZOS to bring the ban hammer sooner and in doing so encouraging exploiting ***.

*EDIT*
    JUST LIKE IN EVERY OTHER GAME THAT SHARES THIS GENRE
    Edited by Manpoints on 30 May 2016 05:27
    GM of Potato Syndicate, (Gone' Casual) ---- I'MZ A GOD!
    GM of Mi Amor Libre Spanish ERP ---- Shadilay
    Manpoints - Templar // Womanpoints - DK // Abopoints - NB // Manepoints - NB // Sexypoints - Sorc // Hermann Purring - DK // Browniepoints - Templar // Tigger SMB - Templar // Affirmative Actionpoints - DK // Sha Bipoints - Sorc // Hughe Mungus - DK // Rachel Dolezol - Warden??
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Manpoints wrote: »
    You guys gotta remember, its not just the CE cheats that result in in-game advantages. Keyboard scripting for auto-dps has always been an issue that has never been addressed, I know people who still do that today. So many people who shouted down the complaints about the banker exploit are now hopping on the bandwagon trying to force change...

...but you guys do remember this is the lot that posted their exemption to TOS because someone has a twitch channel.

My opinion, is ban anyone permanently who knowingly exploits an in game bug, be it with CE, be it with the banker (they did track how many times the same writ was used), be it with jumping through walls - whatever. I look at the forums today and I see nothing but a community in uproar about how this game has sunken so far - well we are the ones that let it get there by not forcing ZOS to bring the ban hammer sooner and in doing so encouraging exploiting ***.

Umm no . I can name people that lost forum privileges over that last 2 years trying to get the game masters attention , but I won't . Players in PvP have been fighting to fix these exploits since closed beta .
  • Manpoints
    Manpoints
    ✭✭✭✭
    Manpoints wrote: »

Umm no . I can name people that lost forum privileges over that last 2 years trying to get the game masters attention , but I won't . Players in PvP have been fighting to fix these exploits since closed beta .

And go back to those threads and you'll notice us far from united in our response to exploits. Remember way back to % dmg increases making Acid Spray an AOE 1 shot? Or even just a month ago the banker exploit, the amount of people who used it, in those threads shouting down the people who were against it. But if you have an example of an exploit, bug, or cheat that was picked up by the community and pushed down ZOS's throat so they had to take action due to the overwhelming insistence of it, i'll eat my words
    GM of Potato Syndicate, (Gone' Casual) ---- I'MZ A GOD!
    GM of Mi Amor Libre Spanish ERP ---- Shadilay
    Manpoints - Templar // Womanpoints - DK // Abopoints - NB // Manepoints - NB // Sexypoints - Sorc // Hermann Purring - DK // Browniepoints - Templar // Tigger SMB - Templar // Affirmative Actionpoints - DK // Sha Bipoints - Sorc // Hughe Mungus - DK // Rachel Dolezol - Warden??
This discussion has been closed.