The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Permabans being lifted] ZOS how are we as a community dealing with exploits/hacking?

• Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    Jaronking wrote: »
    Attackopsn wrote: »
    This kind of intentional exploitation and cheating is disgusting. This is the same behavior that ruined diablo on console platforms, such a shame to see players going out of their way to ruin a game.
    Well to be fair their not trying to ruin the game well not all of them some are just trying to get @ZOS to fox their dam game.Can you blame them for that?

Cheaters always say this. And guess what, it's a lie.
    Its only a lie if ZOS continue to not fix their dam game.Their been exploit that only affects PVP am sure if this also didn't affect PVE most of you wouldn't even care.That's why some are doing this to get on leaders boards for PVE to force a fix.
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game engine cheat..... infinite meteors (not a exploit but hack), the count of players using this is up to 20 right now when I logged off at 630am. I am sure it is even higher right now since from what I am hearing there are now even more people using it but I lost count of the reports my friends were giving me.

We stand on the brink of revolution for this game lol one of two things will happen: ZoS will rectify the situation and block the program from being used or they will ban the people using it applying the classic bandaid fix and hope people forget that the program exist.

This has been a loooooooong time coming and ZOS should of seen this a mile away but they refuse to acknowledge our concerns when it comes to punishment for cheaters in the game and their lack there of. Do not be fooled though, the punishment for people who speak out about those players is more swift and harsh than the players cheating themselves.

Thankfully fengrush had the original "don't give two flying focks" on his stream last night and they made this program known so more people can use it. Now the wheels are set in motion and I can't wait to see how this plays out. I am very excited to see what happens, if anything at all.

If zos does do something they need to make it publicly known and announce it on the main page of their forums and as a announcement when you log in.

Want my faith back as a player zos, then take action and block the program and start being harsh on cheaters. I love this game way to much to see it fail on this kind of a level.
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason naming and shaming is becoming more and more popular on the forum is because people are sick and tired of seeing the same people cheat and exploit time and time again.

If ZOS actually banned all the accounts that were proven guilty through in-game reporting methods, then people would be at rest.

Instead ZOS pardons cheaters or does not ban them in the first place, all the while players in Cyrodill lose their patience and feel that the only way to impact these exploiters at least a little bit is to shame them publicly.
    Because reporting clearly does not stop them.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    @ZOS_DaryaK What do we do about Maelstrom Arena, it is a solo instance but the scores clearly show exploitation.

They've just started with vMA, but who knows if 12 cheaters would cooperate for vMoL?
    Would be quite embarrasing if cheat engine would take worlds 1st hm clear lol.

Thankfully you can't dps your way through all the mechanics in vMoL, but yes that would be quite grim. Here's hoping all the offenders of cheating are removed from leaderboards. I mean at this point they'll have to reset the leaderboards, because people are getting scores that truly aren't possible without cheating.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This kind of intentional exploitation and cheating is disgusting. This is the same behavior that ruined diablo on console platforms, such a shame to see players going out of their way to ruin a game.
    Well to be fair their not trying to ruin the game well not all of them some are just trying to get @ZOS to fox their dam game.Can you blame them for that?

Yes.

Anyone saying "I cheat only so they will fix it" is full of ***. I can and will blame cheaters for cheating. You want to do it to show the problem then you go on PTS and make videos to send in to the staff showing how the issues are done. You don't go onto the live server and reap the rewards from cheating.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is a name and shame free video. If this gets removed its a blatant act of censorship.

NOTE: This video contains NO NAMES and NO DESCRIPTION of the exploit or how to do it. It just shows visually what is happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KosPhi1vchQ

This is what it's like to PvP right now. This is the quality of our game.

SHAME!
    SHAME!

This kind of hacks made me stop playing Archeage - because it made pvp or delivery items to the traders on the other continent in an enjoyable way impossible - ZOS, take this seriously and use the perma-ban hammer on those, who exploit. Terminate their accounts, not keep their data - terminate them when you ban - otherwise this will not stop.
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is a name and shame free video. If this gets removed its a blatant act of censorship.

NOTE: This video contains NO NAMES and NO DESCRIPTION of the exploit or how to do it. It just shows visually what is happening.

SHAME!
    SHAME!

I have about 9 videos of my own from last night with different people doing it. Just far to lazy to edit the names out because I honestly shouldn't have too. If you cheat you should be pointed out in public. You shouldn't be allowed to hide behind naming and shaming because "oh no muh feels are hurted"

• LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »
    @ZOS_DaryaK What do we do about Maelstrom Arena, it is a solo instance but the scores clearly show exploitation.

They've just started with vMA, but who knows if 12 cheaters would cooperate for vMoL?
    Would be quite embarrasing if cheat engine would take worlds 1st hm clear lol.

Thankfully you can't dps your way through all the mechanics in vMoL, but yes that would be quite grim. Here's hoping all the offenders of cheating are removed from leaderboards. I mean at this point they'll have to reset the leaderboards, because people are getting scores that truly aren't possible without cheating.

This program can modify other variables, not just ulti... Its a matter of time when cheaters will find a way to do it.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »

Cheaters always say this. And guess what, it's a lie.
    Its only a lie if ZOS continue to not fix their dam game.Their been exploit that only affects PVP am sure if this also didn't affect PVE most of you wouldn't even care.That's why some are doing this to get on leaders boards for PVE to force a fix.

What a pile of bull.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Arvs
    Arvs
    ✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »

Yes.

Anyone saying "I cheat only so they will fix it" is full of ***. I can and will blame cheaters for cheating. You want to do it to show the problem then you go on PTS and make videos to send in to the staff showing how the issues are done. You don't go onto the live server and reap the rewards from cheating.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes.

Actually that doesn't always work. I have sent videos in the past(launch AND beta) showing how to do some exploits and most of them are still here to this day. So yea, sometimes you have to risk it all to get anything to chage. It's the way the world works.
  • Buffler
    Buffler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fengrush is making a video and posting it tomorrow on youtube. He had 2 of them on teamspeak showing him what they can hack. One guy stood by the keep door and just jumped on top of the postern. You can also hack gold and mats......basically no limit on what you can alter.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OGLezard wrote: »

Yes.

Actually that doesn't always work. I have sent videos in the past(launch AND beta) showing how to do some exploits and most of them are still here to this day. So yea, sometimes you have to risk it all to get anything to chage. It's the way the world works.

I personally do not believe that those people who take top vMA spots and screw pve with their hacks are doing this with good intentions.

PC/EU
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭

SHAME!
    SHAME!

I have to admit the meteor shower is quite beautiful to watch, from a graphic perspective, of course. I don't know if I should laugh or cry watching that video. I mean, IT'S PRETTY OBVIOUS SOMETHING IS WRONG!!!! How can nothing be done about that? Like...WHAT??? 500 METEORS??? ZOS???
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buffler wrote: »
    Fengrush is making a video and posting it tomorrow on youtube. He had 2 of them on teamspeak showing him what they can hack. One guy stood by the keep door and just jumped on top of the postern. You can also hack gold and mats......basically no limit on what you can alter.

And this is the most concerning thing.
    Cheaters are usually pretty stupid and cannot hack anything on their own - they use pre-configured scripts and instructions. .
    But when someone posts a way to modify other things... Well, you can imagine.
    This program they are using has a lot of instruments to modify anything that is not server-side.
    So if ZOS wont react swiftly, we will see invincible people with 100000000000 hp and other stats and other abominations.

PC/EU
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes.

I personally do not believe that those people who take top vMA spots and screw pve with their hacks are doing this with good intentions.

Well I do agree with you, my statement still stands. Sometimes you have to show the extent to which this can ruin everything in order to force a fix. Now if zos clears the leaderboard and removes all wrongfully obtained items and or bans the accounts, that's a different story. They didn't remove the duped mats from the writ exploit, so don't expect anything like that to happen here.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suppose the rule against naming and shaming has a loop hole. Just make a post talking about how awesome the people in the video are and ask about how they get the ultimate to go off so fast. So you can play as well as them. No shaming, so no naming and shaming.

I imagine they will come up with another reason to lock the thread.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes.

Well I do agree with you, my statement still stands. Sometimes you have to show the extent to which this can ruin everything in order to force a fix. Now if zos clears the leaderboard and removes all wrongfully obtained items and or bans the accounts, that's a different story. They didn't remove the duped mats from the writ exploit, so don't expect anything like that to happen here.

If ZOS clears the mess fast enough.
    If they dont, the harm will greatly outweight the good.

PC/EU
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

SHAME!
    SHAME!

Working as intended. /zoscodemonkeys
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can fiddle with the rng as well
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Buffler wrote: »

Evidence that the servers need to be shut down until ZoS can stop the program from having an effect. This 3rd party sotfware is game breaking.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler @Wrobel
  • Drakoleon
    Drakoleon
    ✭✭✭✭
    If people hack/cheat they should perma ban them BUT if its not and its just another skills combo "exploitation" then i guess they should "ban" some zos programmers cause they don t know what they re doing
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS sure picked the wrong time to go on vacation while the game crumbles with such hacking.

I really hope they hand out a wave of perma bans to scare and stop people from doing it in the future.
    #MOREORBS
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS won't do a damned thing. Just find a way to reshuffle a little bit and make it temporarily unable to hack. It will return again and again. And this game will be completely DEAD. Games like this are horrible. And I would want a refund because the time and energy wasted on this failure of a game would be to high.

Here's hoping ZOS permanent bans and fixes. If not all my faith in this company (honeslty not that much left) will be gone and my desire to play killed. And the same for many. Look forward to canceled subscriptions soon ZOS if you don't actually take real permanent action
    Edited by cpuScientist on 29 May 2016 19:06
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS sure picked the wrong time to go on vacation while the game crumbles with such hacking.

I really hope they hand out a wave of perma bans to scare and stop people from doing it in the future.

Agreed.

PC/EU
  • AdmiralSam
    AdmiralSam
    ✭✭✭
    Naming and shaming exploiters should be practice, not something to be frowned upon.

If an athlete gets caught doping, they receive high publicity so that they cannot hide. This also forces the people who are dealing with the issue to make their findings transparent. Right now, if you report someone you get the "we'll look into it" response (if you get a response at all), and little else.
  • Krombie
    Krombie
    ✭✭✭
    They should fix this
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sir Nifty the CE has worked since 6.4 it is now revision 6.5.1 whatever was done client side made all of the 2014 hacks viable again. I hope the bans are handed out as well. CE with macros can get you to round 7 most riki tik. I found some limits to CE but I will not discuss them as they would just end up making the next revision of CE better.

the SH part by itself breaks VMA. those stupid Ice breaking trolls never stood a chance.Speed breaks them, Breaks the silly spider, Breaks sehts toys, the only thing it did not break was the howl. but the mushyrooms were easy as poop to avoid.

I feel bad for you and all of the other square shooters who have spent countless hours in VMA just to get those accomplishments rekt. VMoL will be next before the weekend is over.
    Edited by SeptimusDova on 29 May 2016 19:11
  • Julianos
    Julianos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im so glad i never grinded vma or nma cuz i learned my lesson well putting too much effort to eso always ends bad...
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_JessicaFolsom is there any updates on this matter? I think it would help put the community at some ease if we knew what was going/how it is being handled and what the progress is on fixing it. (I assume a fix will be during the Dark brotherhood downtime?)
    Edited by Nifty2g on 29 May 2016 19:19
    #MOREORBS
This discussion has been closed.