Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Should people who buy thousands of raw materials from bots for gold be punished.

• Turial
    Turial
    ✭✭✭
    No, they aren't breaking any game rules.

They are buying in game items with in game currency.

This pretty much sums it up, If I wanted buy 1 dreugh wax for 1000gold or buy 1000 wax for 1g then why should I be punished? I did not bot, I did not do anything against ToS except use in game gold for in game items off another player. That is hypothetical btw.

This is just a crusade to ban people OP and you don't fully understand who to ban either; by your logic if we just banned every player in the game and dropped the servers then nobody could bot and problem solved. Unless the accounts that bought a lot of in game items with in game gold, unless they themselves botted then no they should not be banned/suspended or anything else for that matter.
    Edited by Turial on 21 May 2014 12:58
    "Neither a 'Borrower nor a Lender' be."
    Never Forget

I think you have not been on the internet long enough until you have been rick-rolled.
    Please check out Enchanting Alchemy - A Progression Guild
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, they deserve to be banned like the RMT's and gold buyers.
    I can't even believe this needs a poll...of course they should be banned. And on the first offense.
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    No, they get away with buying from bots/exploiters.
    I don't know about you guys, but I'm now hoping all these people that said yes accidentally buy from a bot or from the guild bank from a bot and get banned.
  • BenjaminKacher_ESO
    BenjaminKacher_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe it, almost 300 responses, keep em coming :)
  • BenjaminKacher_ESO
    BenjaminKacher_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Kyosji wrote: »
    I don't know about you guys, but I'm now hoping all these people that said yes accidentally buy from a bot or from the guild bank from a bot and get banned.

Again you and many other posters are missing the "massive quantities" portion of it.
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    Again you miss the point of when I want to buy 1000 raw jute, I can do it when I please. I'm going to risk the forum punishment just to call you a *** for even starting this stupid thread.
  • cliveklgb14_ESO
    cliveklgb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I can't even believe this needs a poll...of course they should be banned. And on the first offense.

How about we expand it then. Any time someone over pays for an item, clearly they are supporting the RMT industry and should be banned.
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    Selling wax for 1500 gold? Ban him for supporting RMT!
  • KeynesAlley
    KeynesAlley
    ✭✭
    The possible answers are biased and unfair. Is your real name Alex Salmon or Nicola Sturgeon, by any chance? You sound very much like the YES campaign in Scotland.

I farm mats for crafting, but I sometimes sell my extra stuff. Currently I have over 2,500 jute in my guild bank. If I sold it to someone, how are they to know I got it in an honest way or not?