Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Should people who buy thousands of raw materials from bots for gold be punished.

BenjaminKacher_ESO
BenjaminKacher_ESO
✭✭✭
I've seen a lot of people selling literally thousands of Dreugh Wax and Elegant Lining that they got by purchasing mass amounts of raw materials from real money traders using bots. This feeds the RMT's gold which they then sell for real money. So the question is, should people that fund the RMT's and take advantage of their exploits/bots be punished?
Edited by BenjaminKacher_ESO on 19 May 2014 22:39

Should people who buy thousands of raw materials from bots for gold be punished. 331 votes

Yes, they deserve to be banned like the RMT's and gold buyers.
51%
SetarcosEQBallzzdahl.lucas_ESOBenjaminKacher_ESOMoonclawPaks_ESOfastolfv_ESOItsMeTooClansman2013theyanceyCeldrynmakongEueduinalenae1b14_ESOaprilweeksb14_ESOAstroCatBellinadannymcgr81b14_ESOdaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOderuddb14_ESO 171 votes
Yes, they deserve to be suspended from the game for a period (lets say a month).
12%
VeeroWillowdaveben007b14a_ESObigscoothb14_ESOCatflingerj.frank.nicholsb14_ESOOrangeTheCatHoltergeistVraokNeferathNephysmokesthejadefalconfreespiritUlvikVillioslinnMixShadowWolf613cambomtg 43 votes
Yes, they deserve to have all their gold and crafting materials removed.
12%
GwarokSpiritreaver_ESOaletad11_ESOotis67eobethb14_ESOLauraiKaiemIKilled007kwisatzYakidafichrisb16_ESO160dennissomb16_ESOdariusabb16_ESOdaienkaib16_ESOksmithdwb16_ESOEilinelliDavardArRashidBloodfangAkhratos 42 votes
No, they get away with buying from bots/exploiters.
22%
MablungVuronOpioidmoonsugar66rophez_ESOMisterJimothyPVT_PartsRegorasaipex8_ESOAzarulcliveklgb14_ESOjared0169b14_ESOSperoKronzMorkulthn.englishb14_ESOshane59301b14_ESOandreas.rudroffb16_ESOHarakhstefaan.de.wasch1b16_ESO 75 votes
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can it be proven?

If it can be proven , the yes , im quite they will get a suspension or a ban.

Problem , it is not easy at all to prove this kind of thing , even if some talk like it is.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Neferath
    Neferath
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, they deserve to be suspended from the game for a period (lets say a month).
    Nox pointed it out. It's very difficult to prove something like that.
  • elvigy01
    elvigy01
    ✭✭
    Ban them. If they weren't buying then there wouldn't even be bots in the first place.
  • alphawolph
    alphawolph
    ✭✭✭
    How do we know they bought from a bot? If It can be proved that they bought knowing, ban them.
  • WilliamTee
    WilliamTee
    ✭✭✭
    With a poll like that you should run referendums on the behalf of a-country-that-shall-not-be-named.

hint: it rhymes with

usher300.jpg
  • Rocksteady
    Rocksteady
    ✭✭✭
    Once you go down that road then where do you draw the line? Would you punish the guy that bought those materials off the guy that bought them off gold sellers? Would you punish the guy that bought the finished crafted products off the crafter that bought them off the guy that bought them off the gold selller? In my opinion, they should focus on keeping the bots out of the game by perhaps having the credit card companies check with the credit card owner to make sure they wanted to buy the game and make the account. If they use stolen credit card info then odds are when the bank calls the card owner, he is going to decline the transaction and the account will never have been made in the first place(therefor, no or few bots even get in). Banning them as they pour into the game is a band-aid fix at best and I doubt that's Zenimax's only plan for security in the future. They dropped the ball and are in the process of picking it up.

Sorry for going a little off topic there, but your poll intrigued me.
    "Their stupidity does not amaze me, its when they're smart that amazes me. It's baffling whenever you find someone who's smart — incredible. Soon you'll have zoos for such things." -Frank Zappa
  • Noswell
    Noswell
    ✭✭✭
    WilliamTee wrote: »
    With a poll like that you should run referendums on the behalf of a-country-that-shall-not-be-named.

usher300.jpg

Chiner?
  • pavelcherepanskyrwb17_ESO
    No. They're not doing anything illegal. A bot can as well post mats onto an auction and then you'd never know who you bought them from. You can't blame a person who buys totally legal goods for them being collected by bots.
    "Do you want the book or not? Then go whack some people with Wabbajack!!"
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, they aren't breaking any game rules.

They are buying in game items with in game currency.
  • Kyle_Roberts
    Kyle_Roberts
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen a lot of people selling literally thousands of Dreugh Wax

Dupe xD, Idc how much materials you refine, if you've got thousands of a legendary item, it's duped... especially since refineing got nerfed and the chance of legendary upgrades got lowered alot...

I've been refineing for a while now and I noticed the nerf last week, the amount of epic/legendarys I'm getting now is nothing in comparison to 3-4 weeks ago, I buy alot of raw mats on a daily basis

http://www.tesoelite.com/forums/threads/some-types-of-raw-materials-ores-and-rough-wood-good-prices.3956/

and It's now getting to the point there is barely any profit because of the nerf and other people undercutting my selling prices alot. I am glad of the nerf though in a way as it shows they are trying to combat gold farmers I guess and make legendary mats actually hard to get and have some value again.

Just thought i'd share, please don't flame :x
  • Oblongship
    Oblongship
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL what an backhanded No you have there....

Might as well be "No, you are a terrible person for selecting this"
  • aipex8_ESO
    aipex8_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are making a huge assumption about where these materials came from, and I don't buy it. I went to one of those gold seller sites (don't worry, on my tablet, not on the PC I play on) purely out of curiosity. 1 Dreugh Wax sells for $5! You really think someone would spend $5000 dollars on Dreugh Wax to resell for in-game gold? That makes no sense!

The people that have 1000 Dreugh Wax most likely got that by exploiting the bank dup bug, but that's a whole other issue.
  • Shamusangus_24
    I have never bought anything with IRL money. But if i see a sweet deal being advertised, like cheap mats (and the name isn't afsduifsj) i'm sure as hell going to snap it up.
    I save up these cheap mats and sell them at market price for a nice profit in my pocket. This gives the illusion i am selling stack upon stack of refining material, which would obviously take a long time to farm, but in reality i am just a middle man, hunting a good deal and selling it on.
    My point is - how can you tell if i am a legit bargain hunter, or a bot, based purely on the amount of what im selling?
    Edward Van Healen
    Aldmeri Dominion - Breton - Templar

Guild: Dirty Pundies
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on the wording you gave for the options it's pretty clear that all you really want with this poll is for people to agree with you. The problem is that there would have to be a way to prove that the person bought from a bot/exploiter AND there would have to be a way to prove that the person knew that they were doing so. As has already been pointed out, botters/exploiters can easily put their raw mats up for sale in a guild store. How is someone supposed to know that what they bought was obtained through exploits under those circumstances?
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Dev
    Dev
    ✭✭✭✭
    innocent until proven guilty, ever heard of it, or perhaps the Salam witch trials?

too many players who are not gold sellers duped, too many players used the pvp exploit to get vr10, people farmed dungeon bosses for days, people used the hireling tricks, too many bots and not all the bots are gold sellers, people found this or that cheat. bottom line is unless you clean house on every exploited trick, your just playing favorites and that's never good.

Now we can try to get Zenimax to investigate every cheat, but then what? This is a company after all and if they spend all the budget for the quarter just going after everyone who cheated, they wouldn't have any money left to add new content.

I would rather they scrapped the guild AH, made everything bought/sold from npc, crank up the xp so everyone is vr10 and then add new levels of epics and vr levels. currently vr10 is no accomplishment, head to toe legendary gear and millions of gold doesn't mean a thing.

better to raise the bar and go from there in a less cheatable means.
  • Orizuru
    Orizuru
    ✭✭✭
    Witch hunts never end well for anyone involved.
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Witch hunts never end well for anyone involved.

I think they end far better for the hunters than the witches.

Being tied to a big wooden stake and set on fire is enough to ruin anyone's day.

• theweakminded
    theweakminded
    ✭✭✭
    Pointlessly loaded question is pointless. Punish people for just doing business. No. Fastest way to kill your game.
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This seems to be a rather loaded question and a tad bit biased poll. I miss a 'See Results Option Rule' for polls, tho.
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    How do you know you are buying from a Bot? I farmed for many many hours on the started islands, which is why I am level 20 and only just got to Deshaan.

I used all my own mats, but I had several stacks of everything, so maybe if I had of listed them in trade you'd all think me a bot corret?

Now if you buy from someone named jfgbvidgb then yes, I guess some kind of punishment could be introduced.

But I just don't see how an ordinary player can see if they are buy from a legitimate player or a gold farmer.

So I vote 'No because it is too difficult to prove' but you don't have that option...
    Who has time? But if we never take time how can we ever have time?
  • Saerydoth
    Saerydoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they *knowingly* deal with bots/gold sellers, then absolutely YES.
  • BenjaminKacher_ESO
    BenjaminKacher_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Looking for more feedback.
  • BenjaminKacher_ESO
    BenjaminKacher_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    aipex8_ESO wrote: »
    You are making a huge assumption about where these materials came from, and I don't buy it. I went to one of those gold seller sites (don't worry, on my tablet, not on the PC I play on) purely out of curiosity. 1 Dreugh Wax sells for $5! You really think someone would spend $5000 dollars on Dreugh Wax to resell for in-game gold? That makes no sense!

The people that have 1000 Dreugh Wax most likely got that by exploiting the bank dup bug, but that's a whole other issue.

@aipex8_ESO‌ They're buying the raw materials in game for gold (thus supplying the RMT's with gold) and refining them for these mats. They're not paying real money for the mats.
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can it be proven?

If it can be proven , the yes , im quite they will get a suspension or a ban.

Problem , it is not easy at all to prove this kind of thing , even if some talk like it is.

You go through your life thinking it's great we live in the 21st century in a democracy, a nation of laws where we are taught that the rights of all people are, if not actually protected then at least given some lip service.

Then you read stuff in these types of threads and it makes you wonder, wth is going on in this country and wth are they teaching in the schools nowadays. :)
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah mate if you receive fake money by accident from a shop clerk you should be sent to jail, it's your fault.

This is how *** your logic is.
  • Loco_Mofo
    Loco_Mofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noswell wrote: »

usher300.jpg
    It rhymes with peckerhead?
    Edited by Loco_Mofo on 20 May 2014 06:44
  • Shiaxi
    Shiaxi
    ✭✭✭
    Voted no for the simple fact that imo it is pretty much impossible to prove that the buyer knew s/he was buying from a botter.

there are after all legit players focussing on gathering / selling mats...
    I have often sold of my obsolete mats for prices that are pretty close to vendor prices...

also your answers offered in the poll are very.. leading... that is not an objective way to hold a poll.. but meh...
    Edited by Shiaxi on 20 May 2014 06:53
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

usher300.jpg

I have no idea who that is.
    So...Finland? Poland. Yugoslavia. Nigeria. Iceland? Australia.

Am I getting warm?
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭

usher300.jpg

Am I getting warm?

Are you in the senior citizen cohort or the foreign country cohort?
  • Shiaxi
    Shiaxi
    ✭✭✭
    wrlifeboil wrote: »

usher300.jpg

Am I getting warm?

Are you in the senior citizen cohort or the foreign country cohort?

I also don't know who it is.. or well... I do know but I can't remember his name..

isn't he that rapper that cursed our world by "discovering" Justin Bieber?