Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

ESO vs other MMORPG

• Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R
    Despair9 wrote: »
    Rift is basically a WoW clone, but I agree it's very polished. Though one could argue that Rift is actually a big improvement over WoW. One thing is certain, if Rift and WoW would have launched on the same day, Blizzard would had been shutting down pretty fast.

Even TESO tried to used some stuff from Rift IE the rifts themselves. Though what they SHOULD have stolen was the invasion system and mentor system and LFG/Dungeon system.
    Edited by Shaun98ca2 on 20 May 2014 06:04
  • Uviryth
    Uviryth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    doublepost
    Edited by Uviryth on 20 May 2014 06:26
  • Uviryth
    Uviryth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can only say it again. The reason for the lack of socializing in the open world is the absence of nameplates.

Without seeing that this thing running around is an actual human, with an actual name, a guild and a title, he is just another automaton.

Edited by Uviryth on 20 May 2014 06:26
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all,

As I was playing today I realised that the game (so far) hasn't felt team orientated at all.
    I see other players running around and such and yet there seems to be little to none teamwork.
    I only mention this as I used to play Guild Wars which was known for encouraging working in teams and groups to complete quests and the like. People used to try talk people into joining their guilds and would help their guild members and yet I have not received a single guild invite. Is this normal?
    This feels more like a single player game than a MMORPG, it's like I'm playing Skyrim all over again.

**PLEASE NOTE THAT I HAVE NOT BEEN PLAYING ESO FOR LONG AND MAYBE IT CHANGES AS THE GAME PROGRESSES**

We will talk again when you are deeper in the veteran ranks ^^

I've stated this on other posts and I will repeat it here, ESO Seems to be divided in two phases, the first (lvls 1- 50) you are the hero, protagonist of the story, the second phase, the veteran ranks are far more oriented to group collaboration and the deeper you go into those levels the more you will find your self needing some help here and there.

I believe ZoS divided the game this way to serve different purposes. The first levels teach you skills you will need later in the game, such as blocking, rolling out of the fire, etc. It also allows you to experiment a little with abilities and 'out there' builds while giving you the feel of an Elder Scroll game. I think they were very successful at least on that in ESO.

The veteran levels are the real deal though... Harder, faster and more painful then the first levels. If you can't block, if you can't roll, if you can't ask for help in chat... You will die... You will die a lot. And we are not even in the late game content... Adventure zones are group only and man, they sound rough... And the raids... Well, pro gamers invited to test them on PBE keep on whipping... (Seriously... There is a guild with 5 hours of whipping to the same boss on youtube)
    Edited by Grao on 20 May 2014 08:30
  • lavendercat
    lavendercat
    ✭✭
    i am just learning to block now.

at first i was finding it difficult, but im learning to carefully watch the mob to see what it does.

the first progress i had with this was on bleakrock isle. there are these polar bears, and its pretty obvious when they are about to stand up and then hit you hard. so i have begun blocking those. i noticed i am taking much less damage.

at first i was like- i dont want to block. i will roll a class that means i wont have to block. but, i know that in the later levels i am going to be in trouble if i cant do this.

next step- learn to roll out of the way.
    hello :)
  • Cylver
    Cylver
    ✭✭
    Our guild has over 400 members as of a few days ago. We do not search or spam game chat for members and yet we still add quality people to our ranks every day. How? Easy, people who are interested in joining good guilds and know what they want in a guild do their own research.

Cylver

Proud member of the Brotherhood of Redemption!

With a great sisterhood I might add!
  • Cylver
    Cylver
    ✭✭
    This is old news! its a mega crap shoot server with nothing but bots all over so don't waist your time!
    Guilds are a joke, people join 5 guilds to simply benefit themselves and nothing else.
    Tons of players are buying gold online from these bots so economy is down the shitter.

This game is nothing but a hack-able mess. It needs to be shut down and fixed.

Sorry if I come by as blunt but I say it like it is!

If you dislike ESO so much why bother posting here?
    Over 400 (a good percentage that is very active) in my one and only guild and though we may have some complaints they are minor compared to the fun and what WE get out of this game. It's like everything else in life, you get what you put into it.

• Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    As for Wildstar, I'll admit I've never even tried it. I just looked a few videos on youtube and meh, I'm sorry but I can't stand such art style. It might play very well, but I want some more active combat like ESO, and less like WoW.

Wildstar combat is very action oriented, perhaps even more so than ESO. Certainly the combat in that game is nothing like WoW.
  • Apricot
    Apricot
    ✭✭
    As for Wildstar, I'll admit I've never even tried it. I just looked a few videos on youtube and meh, I'm sorry but I can't stand such art style.

Not a fan myself. This is personal preference, though, and has nothing to do with how the game actually plays.
    It might play very well, but I want some more active combat like ESO, and less like WoW. Though comparing it to how bugged ESO is (considering you are being honest), it's not really hard to realize that Wildstar is pretty basic, they certainly aren't developing the game that much phased as ESO is.

Actually the combat in WS is very active. It's not a tab targeting system. You have to dodge and you have to pay attention.
    Such topics will always bring bashing, some will defend some will criticize, there certainly isn't enough people to just swallow their pride and sometimes agree.
    Yes MMO genre is miserable at the moment, and I can't go past WoW, I can't just go through it and say Blizzard is not to blame. Brilliantly they've created an army of raging teens that just spread hate all over internet. To their misfortune the same teens destroyed the game aswell.

I can't say Blizzard is responsible, but I do wonder if any MMO today is capable of having the helpful, civil communities that marked the first MMO's.
    So to end this discussion, no MMO is perfect. ESO has a long way to go, right now there are many things that need improvement. To say the game is broken and mediocre MMO is however not correct. ESO took a step in right direction, if they manage to get on with their plan, it's going to be a fresh breath in MMO genre .

I don't find anything fresh about ESO at all. Certainly there's nothing new about the questing or dungeons or the pvp. Those are the bare bones of any MMO. And that's ALL this game offers. It's very shallow. That being said, releasing an MMO that has more bugs, security issues, lack of content and imbalances than another publisher's BETA says it all - this game is poorly designed and managed from the ground up. It's impossible for me to put my faith in a company that releases such a huge bumbling mess.

As far as the community goes, it's been extremely transient. Everyone I knew when I started playing is gone. I don't know if it will stable out or not and I won't be around to see either way.

• Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wildstar open beta closed yesterday. I've been playing that beta like a maniac and went through a ton of areas. I tried all the classes. There was an issue with nameplates. And then there was . . . nothing else. That's it. No bugged quests, no spells or abilities not working properly, zero problems with terrain, no endless loading screens, no game crashes, no npc's glitching out . . . nothing. And this is a BETA.

I know WS quite good as well, my experience however does not fit yours.

WS has quite a few serious issue´s, but they are mostly based on content later in the game and specific classes.

Nameplates, graphic & sound glitches are quite common right now and those you should had noticed as well.

Besides that some boss mechanics bug out which leads to some DE sync in the telegraph system. PvP stats are not tracked properly, the Elder AMP system doesn't work (similar to passives here), some abilities don't charge correctly, some area´s have huge memory leaks, AMD CPU´s suffer badly as well due the duo threading mechanism, but also intel system struggle due the poor optimization, we have clipping head pieces ...

As you can see, WS is facing the same issue´s as ESO does. People complain about FPS all day, about non working quest´s and spells - loads of work for Carbine and WS has much less demanding graphics and still runs worse which makes you wonder what went wrong over there.
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have played some MMOs These are the ones i spent most time in:

RoM:
    Didn't play WOW cuz it was pay to play and i could not afford it at that time so i went to Runes of Magic . You can call it a copy of wow but who cares it was fun (played since closed beta up to 3 years ago)

LoL:
    Excellent and different kind of MMO probably should not compare it
    (played since open beta until i started ESO, still play some times)
    For the ones that like PVP this is the one (i didn't try DOTA so cant compare)

Neverwinter:
    Big fan of Neverwinter Nights RPG, for me one of the best , but the MMO version had a poor economy , crafting , end game system.
    (played since open beta until November last year)

TERA:
    Tried a bit but the quests were always the same and i didn't like the story. Liked the battle system
    (played 3 months only last year)

Past:
    I had my eye on some but didn't play like Guild Wars / Age Of Conan / Lord of The Rings
    Future:
    Probably trying Black Desert and Camelot Unchained

Up until now ESO is the best , still needs bug resolves and some implementations but has the base for it. I will give it 2 more months to do it . I mean if you pay you have to get better support on all right
  • Apricot
    Apricot
    ✭✭
    Audigy wrote: »

WS has quite a few serious issue´s, but they are mostly based on content later in the game and specific classes.

Nameplates, graphic & sound glitches are quite common right now and those you should had noticed as well.

Nameplates I mentioned. I experienced zero graphic or sound glitches. Zip. Nada.
    Besides that some boss mechanics bug out which leads to some DE sync in the telegraph system. PvP stats are not tracked properly, the Elder AMP system doesn't work (similar to passives here), some abilities don't charge correctly, some area´s have huge memory leaks, AMD CPU´s suffer badly as well due the duo threading mechanism, but also intel system struggle due the poor optimization, we have clipping head pieces ...

Not sure about the PvP stats but I believe the AMP issues had a patched fix. I didn't see any of the CPU issues that you mentioned anywhere, and none of the other issues.
    As you can see, WS is facing the same issue´s as ESO does. People complain about FPS all day, about non working quest´s and spells - loads of work for Carbine and WS has much less demanding graphics and still runs worse which makes you wonder what went wrong over there.

Didn't see that either. Have you played recently?

• daienkaib16_ESO
    daienkaib16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I feel like grouping and teamwork and all is relatively easy to access, or to experience that kind of gameplay, if a little effort is put in towards it.
  • Khandi
    Khandi
    ✭✭✭
    Wildstar open beta closed yesterday. I've been playing that beta like a maniac and went through a ton of areas. I tried all the classes. There was an issue with nameplates. And then there was . . . nothing else. That's it. No bugged quests, no spells or abilities not working properly, zero problems with terrain, no endless loading screens, no game crashes, no npc's glitching out . . . nothing. And this is a BETA.

Must be your computer because my experience is the same as the other poster, only very minor issues then nothing. Everything was fine, no clipping, lag, boss or world boss or dungeon issues at all. Only thing I could complain about is that there are too many NPC's in town >_>.The combat is fun and intuitive, the quests felt new and fresh and the paths are very interesting.

I tried to play ESO last night and could only deal with it for about 45 minutes before the bland combat, drab characters, grindy quests and the ever present bots made me just give up.

For what it's worth, I was so excited to play ESO that I bought two imperial edition accounts.

On a side note: I have played many MMO's and have alpha and beta tested most of the ones I played long term but wanted to say in particular that I was in closed betas and open betas in both ESO and Wildstar.
    Edited by Khandi on 20 May 2014 13:32
    One should always be in love. That is the reason one should never marry.

~Oscar Wilde

• Anlaemar
    Anlaemar
    ✭✭✭
    True WoW released 10 years ago, yet there were still many bugged quests in Wrath area half year ago when I still played!! The PvP there has been totally unbalanced and broken for 10 years and counting!! WoW might be more polished, but it's certainly not by a far stretch despite their 10 years of development!

Rift is basically a WoW clone, but I agree it's very polished. Though one could argue that Rift is actually a big improvement over WoW. One thing is certain, if Rift and WoW would have launched on the same day, Blizzard would had been shutting down pretty fast.

As for Wildstar, I'll admit I've never even tried it. I just looked a few videos on youtube and meh, I'm sorry but I can't stand such art style. It might play very well, but I want some more active combat like ESO, and less like WoW. Though comparing it to how bugged ESO is (considering you are being honest), it's not really hard to realize that Wildstar is pretty basic, they certainly aren't developing the game that much phased as ESO is.

Such topics will always bring bashing, some will defend some will criticize, there certainly isn't enough people to just swallow their pride and sometimes agree.
    Yes MMO genre is miserable at the moment, and I can't go past WoW, I can't just go through it and say Blizzard is not to blame. Brilliantly they've created an army of raging teens that just spread hate all over internet. To their misfortune the same teens destroyed the game aswell.

So to end this discussion, no MMO is perfect. ESO has a long way to go, right now there are many things that need improvement. To say the game is broken and mediocre MMO is however not correct. ESO took a step in right direction, if they manage to get on with their plan, it's going to be a fresh breath in MMO genre .

Yes, yes, and yes. 100% agreed.
    (NA) Anlaemar with 750+ Champion Points
    Member Since April 15, 2014
    (EP)Alrik Vadason - Nord Dragonknight
    Tank
    (EP)Matdasi Hlarrobar - Breton Mageblade
    Formerly known as Ra'dar Ahdhari - Main DPS 40k Self Buffed
    (EP)Marrec Vadason - Breton Templar Healer
    (EP)Nameless - Altmer Sorcerer - Secondary DPS
    - The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason -
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why would a guild invite random people to join...? Wouldn't make for a very good guild.

If you want a community to play with, search one out. If they don't have an application and some what discerning admissions process, it probably isn't a very good guild.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • RubyTigress
    RubyTigress
    ✭✭✭
    There is a guild board on this forum. You might go take a look and see if there are any advertising that seem they might be compatible.

I run a guild in another game, and a lot of it depends on the tone the leader(s) set. So, if you join one that doesn't suit you, say a graceful goodbye and look for one that does. It may take some searching, and you'll run into some ***. Just don't YOU be the ***, and if you run across someone who's fun to play with, see if they are in a guild, and it's recruiting.

I wish you luck in your search. Having a compatible guild to your playstyle does make the MMO experience much richer.
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Must be your computer because my experience is the same as the other poster, only very minor issues then nothing. Everything was fine, no clipping, lag, boss or world boss or dungeon issues at all.

Its not really about my PC, no matter if WS or ESO I don't experience any lag´s, crashes or other issue´s on the highest settings, but that doesn't mean that both games cant be optimized better. Both forums are full of people who complain and this is my point. You cant say "its not there", just because you didn't experience it yourself. This by the way is something that ESO haters love to say to us if we run ESO smooth ;)

What Carbine did a bit better is addressing those issue´s in a Developer´s statement, but that statement might come in the next Ask us All by ZO as well.

Both companies are very well aware of that bottleneck which comes up especially in large battles in PVP and Raiding when many spells are cast and the amount of draw calls is huge. They need to move more code off onto separate thread´s which will do both games a huge favor or at best support Mantle.

Besides that both games have memory leaks, again it was addressed in that developer statement so this isn't something I pull out of my magical box of chocolates either ;)

You can head over to the WS forum and you will be able to see that WS is indeed not bug free and smooth on every PC.
    Didn't see that either. Have you played recently?

Not sure if you can call it "played", but ya I was busy with the game ;)
  • yelloweyedemon
    yelloweyedemon
    ✭✭✭
    Only read the OP's post (and maybe some other meaningless whiny posts which I always ignore), but In comparison with GW2, ESO is miles ahead. Other than the fact that there were not even quests in GW2 and all of them were area specific, you didn't have to group up to beat any game content. And if you did, you did not get anything special by doing it. It was a boring lvl 80 grind, with repetitive area events (aka "quests") and once you hit 80 you could go on and quit the game because there was absolutelly nothing to do other than a 100% zerg based pvp.

This comes from someone who soloed his way to 80, grouped only for story dungeons, and got the best armour available just by doing a little action house gamble. I did not touch any exploration dungeon or lvl 80 areas, before I had full exotic armour. Sorry but that game was a joke in each and every aspect.
  • Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ill speak toroughly about this game current system... you want to know why no one socialise? Because we are totally hating on each other trolling on each other and stealing from each other. When you enter a house and all container are empty do you want to vent your frustration on the lvl 1 you just saw coming out of the place? This bad node system result in half the map made out of empty containers and missing resource node which leads to a very pissed off community. When I see that a troll is killing you do I feel like helping you if I see a big wooden chest in the back no ill just go ahead and steal it right under your nose ignoring you totally and in the worse case even letting you die this is the kind of comportment that is ultimately toxic to a mmo. This game does NOT encourage courtesy at all it even encourage working against one another.

1. The Ressource

Resource ninja and chest ninja is one of the first source of grief in this game. Would you feel like helping that guy who stepped in out of nowhere just took that very hard to come back master chest in your face while you still fighting the veteran troll guarding it? Id actually feel like ignoring him or worse yet... killing him and if the justice system allows it I would actually murder player from my own faction just so I can keep them from ninjaing my nodes when im fighting a mob. I don't need to be in Cyrodiil to be surrounded by enemy when every single player in my team is a competitor!

2. Party doesn't not help at anything

Unless you personnaly damaged something you wont get any exp from it this means if some guy in your farming group run a destro staff along with teleport you might as well pack up and leave because you will get nothing.

3. Guilds? Whats that?

Why have a guild when you can do everything yourself. save for the easy market and the free talk guilds provides nothing to incite joining them. Id even think guilds are only good for RP

How to fix all those issue and make the game fun for everyone witheout putting punishing everyone

1. Make all node account bound

Guild wars 2 has a lovely way of handling its resource nodes. When the node is taken by the player it is ONLY in his/her own instance wich means all other player can come take that node as well and it wont affect the ability of others to pick it up. You want realism? Then make all those nodes spawn back only once per day (as in the sun set and rise back in game) This put a quick end to the damn loot ninjas and make resource available to everyone who look for them rather then making it a very frustrating and boring shore because you never know if the whole area hasn't been plundered yet by a bot. Of course treasure chest can fellow this rule too or you can keep them as they are now.

2. Party gives party loot

All people in the party long as they are close enough should gain both exp from kills and loot from battle. Why are we in a party for if this doesn't happen in the first place, give some good reason to people to do so.

3. Guild should give bonuses

Based on how many members a guild have and or how many activity the guild has completed it should provide bonuses similar to alliance war. Maybe not crazy thing bonus but things like ''when partying with a guild mate gain X% bonus to exp gold and treasure and gain +X% health magicka stamina armor etc'' These bonus could level up with the power of the guild so to incite people to work togueter rather then against each other.

This game already got a pvp zone called cyrodiil... can we leave pvp to these zones or must the whole ambience be toxic everywhere in the map to the point you always holding a knife ready for a backstab? I don't want to kill my allies I want to help them. I want to say hello lets team up and not GTFO from here :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

While GW2 wasn't perfect when it came to questing it sure was somewhat one of the best gaming community in a MMO save for people hating each other for personal reason you didn't had a reason to feel angry about other players.
    Edited by Kyubi_3002b16_ESO on 20 May 2014 17:46
    One bow to darken the sun
    One bow to unite the clans
    One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun
  • Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's true until VR10 and way beyond.

The game seems to do everything in it's power to really destroy and prevent teamwork.

And they will continue this trend into the Trials even, with ZERO ability of the 12 players present to aid each other in getting loot.

Pretty much the devs HATE with a vengeance the idea of group play in this game. They want everyone to only solo and only group with random strangers that they don't like and don't even care to play with again.
    Axer. Main tank and Leader of Crush it! (NA-EP highly skilled trials guild)
  • Bromburak
    Bromburak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yasha wrote: »
    Wildstar combat is very action oriented, perhaps even more so than ESO. Certainly the combat in that game is nothing like WoW.

And you really must like Mickey Mouse style ...

I only can speak for my self but those comic like games are terrible. Worst visual style ever. Even blizzard is trying to patch kid and asian styles. I hate this kind of development in games.
    Edited by Bromburak on 20 May 2014 17:48
  • Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Why use a flawed pve system that *** off everyone and make people feel like ragequiting when someone before you done it right. Just do the same already there's no shame to that.

• Bromburak
    Bromburak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why use a flawed pve system that *** off everyone and make people feel like ragequiting when someone before you done it right. Just do the same already there's no shame to that.

Strongly disagree that others done it right. Its just a different design but that doesnt mean you have to do the same. Thats might fine for clone factories but not for a game company with own ideas.
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uviryth wrote: »
    I can only say it again. The reason for the lack of socializing in the open world is the absence of nameplates.

Without seeing that this thing running around is an actual human, with an actual name, a guild and a title, he is just another automaton.

As much as I hate to say it, I think the lack of socialization out in the world has more to do with the lack of conversation bubbles or some other means of notification.

I've tried to drum up conversation with the people I'm running around with before and gotten no answer, and on the other side, I've glanced down at my text box and noticed that five minutes ago someone asked me a question I didn't even notice.

When you're paying attention to the game world, it's really easy to miss someone trying to talk to you.

WoW has the conversation bubbles which i think would be terrible for ESO, but you can't argue they're effectiveness. In WoW if some random decided to talk to you you noticed right away as long as they were in view. Some sort of prompt that let you know the person was talking would be handy.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Simple truth in this game... ALL the other player are your enemy including those in your own faction and if you don't constantly steal cheat or ninja you going to end up a very frustrated player. Of course doing the above will earn you the hatred of those player as well and they will end up also trying to ninja or steal you later. A guy steal my chest in front of me while I was in a battle next thing I do I jump on my horse and steal ALL the resource node 10 feet before he even touch them so to have him know how angry I am about him.

Sure common sense still exist and thx the god some player know better then to take the resource node while a guy is fighting next to them but some still have no shame doing so and that alone would be a motive for me murdering them the moment I am allowed to commit a crime. Just you wait the only way it can get worse is if the dark brotherhood get to soon haunt all of your low level zones with cap level character bent on only one purpose... killing you for the fun of it! If you think this is friendly to a community I hope you revise your belief.

I don't think even the risk of incurring a 1k gold penalty per kill will stop someone who is determined to kill as many player as possible. Especially if the guards administrating it can also be killed. Hear my words... before long you will end up with vet 10 stalking Auridon forest with a dagger ready to slit your throat just because they can do it.

Why share when you can ninja and be a prick? well that's pretty much the mentality of 50% of the player out there or so it seems and theres currently no way one can punish that save with harsh word and or doing the same to them that's just toxic.
    Edited by Kyubi_3002b16_ESO on 20 May 2014 19:40

• ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simple truth in this game... ALL the other player are your enemy including those in your own faction and if you don't constantly steal cheat or ninja you going to end up a very frustrated player.

I don't steal, cheat or ninja (Hidden Blade excepted) and I'm not frustated.
    Of course doing the above will earn you the hatred of those player as well and they will end up also trying to ninja or steal you later. A guy steal my chest in front of me while I was in a battle next thing I do I jump on my horse and steal ALL the resource node 10 feet before he even touch them so to have him know how angry I am about him.

"Be the change you want to see in the world."

"As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
  • RubyTigress
    RubyTigress
    ✭✭✭
    It is an MMO, there will be no shortage of ***.

That's not an excuse to join the assholery.
  • Apricot
    Apricot
    ✭✭
    Bromburak wrote: »

I only can speak for my self but those comic like games are terrible. Worst visual style ever. Even blizzard is trying to patch kid and asian styles. I hate this kind of development in games.

No one cares if you hate the graphics. The graphics are a matter of preference but the game play totally blows ESO out of the water.

Unless, of course, you enjoy strafing around for 20 minutes chipping away at solo quest mob, dodging, more white damage, dodge, white damage, dodge, blah, blah, blah. It amuses me that some people think this is super epic or something along those lines. The only time I died to a solo quest mob was when I fell asleep.

• ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apricot wrote: »
    Bromburak wrote: »

No one cares if you hate the graphics. The graphics are a matter of preference but the game play totally blows ESO out of the water.

Unless, of course, you enjoy strafing around for 20 minutes chipping away at solo quest mob, dodging, more white damage, dodge, white damage, dodge, blah, blah, blah. It amuses me that some people think this is super epic or something along those lines. The only time I died to a solo quest mob was when I fell asleep.

Beats the hell out of clicking auto-attack and going to make a sandwich while the game plays itself.

Then again... I -do- get a sandwich out of that scenario. I may have to rethink this.