Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Mac Client Doesn't Work

• mike_1
    mike_1
    Moonraker wrote: »
    I posted the Launcher.app to this thread which is now on the post by @coolyojulio here.

Follow the instructions I posted above here.

Ensure that Gatekeeper is set to Anywhere (see above), or it will give the damaged error.

Do ensure you have selected the correct region before starting the Install from Launcher.

This looks like it's working!
    4 Gb downloaded so far...

Thank you, Moonraker.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    mike_1 wrote: »
    Moonraker wrote: »
    I posted the Launcher.app to this thread which is now on the post by @coolyojulio here.

Ensure that Gatekeeper is set to Anywhere (see above), or it will give the damaged error.

Do ensure you have selected the correct region before starting the Install from Launcher.

This looks like it's working!
    4 Gb downloaded so far...

Thank you, Moonraker.
    Glad it helped @mike_1. Post back if you get any further problems.
  • jockheroic
    I'm on a 2011 Macbook Pro and am getting this error message when clicking on the icon. Any suggestions?
  • Minooshka
    Minooshka
    May this be a rare issue rare?
    My Mac install launcher fails to unpack anything at all. I am installing the one on EOS' main site.

When opened, it prompts for the preferred language (1st page),
    Then when I select 'continue', it starts unpacking but the the following message occurs in a new pop-up window:

'Multiple launches of this installer is not allowed. It will now quit.'

I have contacted customer support with the issue with the specs of my computer and it is up to requirements for the game.

There is sufficient space for the install (250GB),
    Java is 1.7(the latest) is being used
    My computer is patched and up-to-date (10.7.5)
    I've restarted my computer.
    Re-downloaded the Mac-client.

speshfejff2xj6o.png

• Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minooshka wrote: »
    May this be a rare issue rare?
    My Mac install launcher fails to unpack anything at all. I am installing the one on EOS' main site.

When opened, it prompts for the preferred language (1st page),
    Then when I select 'continue', it starts unpacking but the the following message occurs in a new pop-up window:

'Multiple launches of this installer is not allowed. It will now quit.'

I have contacted customer support with the issue with the specs of my computer and it is up to requirements for the game.

There is sufficient space for the install (250GB),
    Java is 1.7(the latest) is being used
    My computer is patched and up-to-date (10.7.5)
    I've restarted my computer.
    Re-downloaded the Mac-client.
    I have seen this and it's not common but is happening since they changed the Install to Java.

You should not need to install Java for it to work as it has what's needed built in. There is a PC workaround but it does not work with the Mac ZOS_Install. I suggest to use the Launcher I posted yesterday which other have used to get that installed and then you should be OK to Install the game. Just read the instructions careful especially about setting correct region before beginning the install process.

Check on that thread for any posts I referenced on Gatekeeper for instance.

----

• KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really cannot fathom why ZOS decided to use Java with their live installer. And such an old version to boot.

However, could it be that those folks who now have problems running the new installer do already have a Java runtime environment installed, either the optional version form Apple, which gets installed on demand, or a manually installed version from Oracle?

I don't have Java on any of my Macs, since it's not installed by default any more since 10.6, iirc. I have not yet encountered any problems with the new installer whatsoever.
  • Sovngarde
    Sovngarde
    it still doesn't working i tried all things... i think its about certificate . whatever i won't play it anymore. i hated. i m going to sell the account to half price that i bought..
  • melodicmelody
    Sovngarde I think I have the same issue as you. Nothing works. I tried everything everyone said on this and NOTHING fixes the issue.

Please help, I still can't play, I keep getting this happening when I open up the launcher, what is going on?! http://imgur.com/sM8oj9k
    Edited by melodicmelody on 7 April 2014 11:38
  • melodicmelody
    I'm getting a new error -

ABORT: Pointer is NULL
    (/Users/macbuildbox/dev/patcher3.5/patcher/source/hostcore/mac/../cef/clienthandler.c/648)

What is this?
  • Sovngarde
    Sovngarde
    the problem from eso team not from us melodicmelody, be sure about it. we ve no other options inform the bug then wait until they fix it...
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm getting a new error -

ABORT: Pointer is NULL
    (/Users/macbuildbox/dev/patcher3.5/patcher/source/hostcore/mac/../cef/clienthandler.c/648)

What is this?

@melodicmelody‌,

please check the stickied post above Please Read First - Known Technical Issues (Mac)
    When trying to run the Mac/OSX launcher, I'm getting a "Null Pointer Error."

- Click "Network".
    - Select your internet connection in the menu on the left side (it will have a green dot).
    - Click "Advanced" on the right hand side after your internet connection is selected.
    - Click the "Proxies" tab.
    - Uncheck the box for "Automatic Proxy Discovery".
  • melodicmelody
    @KhajiitFurTrader, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!
  • Sovngarde
    Sovngarde
    can you guys please help me how to install it i m trying on my macbook air now instead of my mac mini with thunderbolt, but having same problem like first post, my system profile
    MACOS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63)
    Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
    4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    1,7 GHz Intel Core i5

the app can be install from account page but after install mini pack that 105 mb its won't start the setup luncher. it appears for a little seconds then show java app for 1 sec under of it then all gone.. can you explain step by step without idea or opinion i m confusing with long posts.
    Edited by Sovngarde on 7 April 2014 20:19
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sovngarde wrote: »
    can you guys please help me how to install it i m trying on my macbook air now instead of my mac mini with thunderbolt, but having same problem like first post, my system profile
    MACOS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63)
    Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
    4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    1,7 GHz Intel Core i5

the app can be install from account page but after install mini pack that 105 mb its won't start the setup luncher. it appears for a little seconds then show java app for 1 sec under of it then all gone.. can you explain step by step without idea or opinion i m confusing with long posts.
    I just posted a working Mac Launcher to this thread. Download and follow the instructions and post this thread. This is the best way to solve this problem by installing this working Launcher without the normal Install. Try it with that and if you have a problem post back. It's important to adjust the Gatekeeper settings to avoid the damage error.
    Edited by Moonraker on 11 April 2014 13:55
  • Sovngarde
    Sovngarde
    works great with your luncher mate now every things fine. thanks to you @moonraker with god blesses. they should use your luncher instead of their fool ones :)
    Edited by Sovngarde on 7 April 2014 21:10
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sovngarde wrote: »
    works great with your luncher mate now every things fine. thanks to you @moonraker with god blesses. they should use your luncher instead of their fool ones :)
    Very happy to hear it @Sovngarde. I expect they will get a fix into the Installer/ Launcher soon. But just to get some players stuck it seems to work.

You have been very patient to keep trying and it has been frustrating so I am even happier we can get it moving forward ;)

If you have any other issues post and we'll try to help.
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It just hit me like a brick... those people who have trouble with the latest live launcher, are they all on OS X 10.7.x?!

Today I tried to verify my theory that a pre-installed Java RE, be it the dated Apple install image with 1.6.0_65, or the newer Oracle version 1.7.0_51, would cause the trouble we've seen. So I installed a VM with 10.9.2, made ample use of the VMware Fusion snapshot feature, did some cross testing -- and was proven wrong, in all cases both installer and launcher worked just fine.

So, could it be that it is OS X Lion that balks at the new launcher's Java goodness? Have to go find an old install disk and test it tomorrow. If it turns out to be true, ZOS needs to update the minimum system requirements, or get that launcher to fly on 10.7.

But that old big cat has been smelling for some time now, Mavericks is free, so why not upgrade anyway?
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    It just hit me like a brick... those people who have trouble with the latest live launcher, are they all on OS X 10.7.x?!

Today I tried to verify my theory that a pre-installed Java RE, be it the dated Apple install image with 1.6.0_65, or the newer Oracle version 1.7.0_51, would cause the trouble we've seen. So I installed a VM with 10.9.2, made ample use of the VMware Fusion snapshot feature, did some cross testing -- and was proven wrong, in all cases both installer and launcher worked just fine.

So, could it be that it is OS X Lion that balks at the new launcher's Java goodness? Have to go find an old install disk and test it tomorrow. If it turns out to be true, ZOS needs to update the minimum system requirements, or get that launcher to fly on 10.7.

But that old big cat has been smelling for some time now, Mavericks is free, so why not upgrade anyway?
    Looking back through posts I did ask for details but they didn't have OS X . Then some I asked I see that at least two have 10.7.x. Maybe onto something Sherlock :) I need to check other threads as I nearly always ask for details including OS X version because of things like this.

Those who did have or currently have the Launcher issue either with trying to install it or the Update asking for a new Install. Can you post here please to confirm your OS X version. Thanks.

Edit: It's not clear because there are various symptoms and issues withe the Install and Launcher. Perhaps with the certificate error it may be 10.7.x

Other issues there are 10.9.2 also. I do think there is something with the code signing. But god to know at least with the certificate error if any have this problem has versions higher than 10.7.x
    Edited by Moonraker on 7 April 2014 23:44
  • balvino2
    balvino2
    Soul Shriven
    THANK YOU!!!!!! I was having the problem where the launcher would not open.. so it wouldn't update either.

I just downloaded client shown on page 1 and it worked!
  • chris.dillman
    chris.dillman
    ✭✭✭
    Just a heads up.
    Support for anything below 10.9 will be going away.

-- ESO -- Lead Mac Programmer...
    Staff Post
  • chris.dillman
    chris.dillman
    ✭✭✭
    Another note.

The Java version installed on the Mac has nothing at all to do with the installer running or not.

The Installers contain their own JAVA runtime, unpacked into temp and run.

-- ESO -- Lead Mac Programmer...
    Staff Post