The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Install Problem : Multiple launches of this installer is not allowed

karhod
karhod
I'm trying to install ESO but this is the message that i get when i try to launch the install. MULTIPLE LAUNCHES OF THIS INSTALLER IS NOT ALLOWED. IT WILL NOW QUIT. I don't know what to do and i need help.
I have all the requirements for this game.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    karhod wrote: »
    I'm trying to install ESO but this is the message that i get when i try to launch the install. MULTIPLE LAUNCHES OF THIS INSTALLER IS NOT ALLOWED. IT WILL NOW QUIT. I don't know what to do and i need help.
    I have all the requirements for this game.
    Hi @karhod That's not an error I have seen before.

Try rebooting you Mac. It maybe that there is an Installer process already running after a crash or something. If you still get it then post back.

Is this with a new download of the Mac client (ZOS_Install) file from your Account page? There was an older one from beta which is out of date.

When you launch the Install it makes two things bounce in the Dock the ISO_Install (ESO icon) and a Java one which you don't need to press or anything.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I Googled this and found a few hits including this which is workaround for PC Install:
    Just extract 'Install_ESO.exe' using 7zip for example, to a folder. Navigate to this path: '~\InstallerData\Disk1\InstData\Resource1\$IA_PROJECT_DIR$\src_path\Launcher' and execute 'Bethesda.net_Launcher.exe'.
    That's the core launcher, buried inside the the LAX package. You should be patching as normal now.
    Edit - Forgot to mention. After it finishes patching, rename the 'src_path' folder to ESO or something, and move it wherever you install your games. Basically all you've done is skip the auto-magic setup, so you have to do a couple things manually. You'll probably want to create a shortcut for the launcher too. ;)
    source: reddit

It's apparently to do with the java installer.

For the Mac it's going to be quite different.

Edit: I tried to do it this way but the Mac Launcher will not do anything. I assume as it is a different install process (requires certificate) Ill try tomorrow to fix the way.

But it really should not happen so try the reboot. I would also try to delte and redownload in case it is corrupted.

What OS X version do you have?

Edit: I just saw this on PC TS forum which mentions it after an auto update. It's not relevant the description for mac but shows maybe there is some other problem.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/68831/launcher-won-t-start-after-auto-update

There he said there was another process running. It's not so easy as it uses Java and I can't think right now what name it would have in Activity Manager.

/Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor.app

It opens a process called The Elder Scrolls Online but that hangs while the Java process works to install (not the game just the name)
    Edited by Moonraker on April 5, 2014 5:03AM
  • karhod
    karhod
    I reboot my computer but i still have the same error.

When you launch the Install it makes two things bounce in the Dock the ISO_Install (ESO icon) and a Java one which you don't need to press or anything. (and yes it does everything of this)
    After the Java poop up and I can choose the language that i want to use that a download start and the error appears.

I have the last version of OS X 10.9.2

I already try the google thing and yes it doesn't work for the mac problem.
    I already try the delete and redownload from my account but still the same thing and yes i have never download the beta version its a brand new one.

• Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    karhod wrote: »
    I reboot my computer but i still have the same error.

When you launch the Install it makes two things bounce in the Dock the ISO_Install (ESO icon) and a Java one which you don't need to press or anything. (and yes it does everything of this)
    After the Java poop up and I can choose the language that i want to use that a download start and the error appears.

I have the last version of OS X 10.9.2

I already try the google thing and yes it doesn't work for the mac problem.
    I already try the delete and redownload from my account but still the same thing and yes i have never download the beta version its a brand new one.
    Thanks for information. I need to sleep but will try to find some thing more tomorrow. Maybe others can suggest something.
  • mike_1
    mike_1
    I too have the same problem as @karhod‌ . 10.9.2, iMac, java version "1.6.0_65"... Already bought the game, so hoping this gets resolved real soon...
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    @mike_1 @karhod

I just posted a working Mac Launcher to this thread. Download and follow the instructions and post this thread how it goes.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    did anyone found a fix for this problem on PC?