Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Pre-release or only another server test ?

• mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a EU player, the only downtime I saw was a reboot tuesday round 17:00 CEST and then a maintenance yesterday at 23:30. I believe US players have been a bit less lucky with the maintenance but.. 4 days in a row where?
  • Ciochytza
    Ciochytza
    Guys , have u played WoW before ? 10 years ago ? WoW at the bigining was a *** bugged ***.Thats normal , its a new game.. be Patient , thats a super game !
  • Ithug
    Ithug
    ✭✭
    Well one last call : 5 millions copies sold.
    Lets say they are all regular edition, it is 300 millions $ and there will be more sales...
    Add the monthly fees for the next month, 15 * 5 millions : 75 millions of incomes per month...

Think they can afford to give us a proper "bonus".

Peace!
    *Kal Vas Flam*
    - "You better run..."

Can. Qc* IGN @Ithug
  • Rotherhans
    Rotherhans
    ✭✭✭
    I pre-ordered mainly so I could freely choose the faction and have a better chance of getting a name I like for my main characters.

I didn´t get the Imperial because(+20€ ! :s ) after the beta weekends I was pretty sure the game would be half broken the 1st 2 days.
    BTW, thanks to the Imperials for playtesting. >:)

That said, it was half as bad as I expected.
    EU was luckier since the ´merikans really got hit hard by the bug DT, while ours was shorter and during the early morning hours thus pretty much irrelevant.
    Edited by Rotherhans on 3 April 2014 19:59
    “I'm not going out of my way looking for devils;
    but I wouldn't step out of my path to let one go by.”― Robert E. Howard
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ithug wrote: »
    Well one last call : 5 millions copies sold.
    Lets say they are all regular edition, it is 300 millions $ and there will be more sales...
    Add the monthly fees for the next month, 15 * 5 millions : 75 millions of incomes per month...

Think they can afford to give us a proper "bonus".

Peace!

They could, and quite honestly if I had the freedom and was working as a customer support representative for them, I would give a small bonus like one extra day added to sub time. Just for good PR and all that nice stuff.

It's not something they owe us though, nor is it something we're entitled to. Would it be nice? Absolutely.

Edited to add: And it looks like they -did- go with that route and gave us two days extra. Per Jessica:

''We want all of you to know that everyone who was part of Early Access will be granted an extended grace period until Sunday at 8AM EDT/12PM (noon) GMT before being required to transition your account to live. This will cover those who purchased ESO from an online retailer and won't be getting your box shipped in time and also gives anyone in Early Access who purchased digitally more Early Access time.''
    Edited by Lalai on 3 April 2014 20:05
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • Ithug
    Ithug
    ✭✭
    Yup they did. Glad.
    *Kal Vas Flam*
    - "You better run..."

Can. Qc* IGN @Ithug
  • dagnome
    dagnome
    ✭✭✭
    Typically games that have a "Early Access" are simply trying to lighten the server load before launch. In a way they can test the strength of their servers but at the same time they can have about 30-50% of their game population already logged in upon release instead of having a server overload (Which will probably happen anyway so expect maintenance tomorrow as well <( ' ')>
  • crfurstenau
    crfurstenau
    Soul Shriven
  • dagnome
    dagnome
    ✭✭✭

But Mommy says every time a baby sheds a tear a fairy is born :(
  • nimbli
    nimbli
    ✭✭✭
    The posters who state we did get early access are technically correct. And as Hermes the bureaucrat will tell you, "Technically is the best kind of correct".

P.S. What's a clown company?

P.P.S Fry is awesome.
  • Cebasak
    Cebasak
    ✭✭
    Ithug wrote: »
    Wow dont do maintenance 4 days in a row
    and usually its always the same day/same time

did you play at its release? or even better, when lich king came out? it was a mess lol.
    Edited by Cebasak on 3 April 2014 20:41
  • timbuck.3b16_ESO
    Well personally i'm quite please with the way my 5 days pré-purchase went on.
    I'm just a bit sad that "trollers" and "tears collectors" are already roaming these forums...
    The point is.

Maintenance downtime IS shedule, so TESO has to communicate about this, via the launcher for exemple

Crashing server is another thing, but we're not talking about crashing tonight

TESO need to communicate in a better way, game is starting tomorrow hope it get fixed by then

"Que le cul pèle à nos ennemis, et qu'ils aient les bras trop courts pour se gratter"
    Timbuck TheThird On arrival in front of Molag Bal,the first Loredas of Last Seed - 2E 582.