Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Wayshrine recall should be disabled when you have a bounty.

• Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about carrying 10 bridges in the inventory or storing cheese next to some slime in there and then eating that same cheese without any consequences?

In a more complex game, you'd have to carry empty vials to collect things like water, slime or other (semi-)liquid alchemy ingredients. And the inventory would indeed take the weight and size of objects into consideration (ever played the first Deus Ex game? You basically had to play tetris with your inventory - stacking everything the most effective way). The whole housing and furniture system would have to be set up differently too, of course, maybe with furniture being stored in a "warehouse" and you only carry a collection slip on you (if it's weight 0, it would even be better than it is right now ;) ).

There are many things that could be done differently or in a more elaborate way, but that would be a different game - and probably not an MMO.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Dahveed
    Dahveed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember hearing a Gabe quote (the Steam guy) talking about "realism" in games... We don't actually want "real" realism (i.e., taking an hour and a half to put on a suit of plate armour properly, having to pee and poop, having our character sink to the bottom of a river if we're wearing heavy armour), but some semblance of realism.

I think it's in the Rift, there's this one Pact camp that is "under siege" from an "undead army" or something, and you can literally see the skeletons within about a six second walk from the camp's wooden walls. (And I mean literally six seconds. You start to RP walk from the main gate, and six seconds later there is a group of 3 skeletons that you whack and kill instantly).

All within earshot of the guards, who just stand there and watch it happen.

This kind of nonsense absolutely destroys any kind of semblance of realism and immersion... much more than my craft bag does, or collecting furnishings. You can stretch your imagination to a certain extent (I dunno, maybe that couch in my inventory is just a receipt for the delivery of said couch?), but it's hard to do this when I'm fighting this supposed "undead army" right in front of the town gate while the guards watch and don't GAF.

Like I said, I could go on and on and on...

A great example of this kind of "semblance" is in the Witcher 3's open world, where I feel like I can explore for a while without seeing all kinds of bandits and enemies roam around every 22 feet... And their justice system is actually quite brutal, if I want to get back on topic. The game warns you that the guards are watching you fumble through someone else's crap. And if there are a few of them there and you try anyways, ooooooh boy watch out!
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    How about carrying 10 bridges in the inventory or storing cheese next to some slime in there and then eating that same cheese without any consequences?

In a more complex game, you'd have to carry empty vials to collect things like water, slime or other (semi-)liquid alchemy ingredients. And the inventory would indeed take the weight and size of objects into consideration (ever played the first Deus Ex game? You basically had to play tetris with your inventory - stacking everything the most effective way). The whole housing and furniture system would have to be set up differently too, of course, maybe with furniture being stored in a "warehouse" and you only carry a collection slip on you (if it's weight 0, it would even be better than it is right now ;) ).

There are many things that could be done differently or in a more elaborate way, but that would be a different game - and probably not an MMO.

I played an MMO (Runescape) where you would need empty vials to make potions, and you could make sips out of them. And you would end up with a 1/2 or 1/4 full bottles (until at some point they allowed to combine them together). That was fun managing with a limited inventory.

I also played another MMO when you could become over encumbered AND gold had weight (though you could change it to banknotes by buying them from a vendor). Also, until they changed that (made money weightless) to everyone's delight.

So, realism is good up to a certain point. And if something is not really realistic, I chalk it up to magic and to what makes sense to have in a game that is supposed to be fun (not an emulation of hardships in RL).
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm personally glad that the devs aren't spending the tiny amount of resources that seem to be left turning this into a realism simulator.
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked the game better before it got the Justice System. And I especially don't like how some skills are now labeled Criminal Acts.

So IMO we don't need even more meaningless annoyances while playing the game.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why not be able to use the wayshrines? My thief has to actually walk up to a guard and run right in front of him to be seen.

Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood are part of the game, we are just playing the game, what is wrong with that?
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you want to play that way, fine, but don't impose it on others.
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    N00BxV1 wrote: »
    I liked the game better before it got the Justice System. And I especially don't like how some skills are now labeled Criminal Acts.

So IMO we don't need even more meaningless annoyances while playing the game.

I agree with this. I can't duel people in certain towns with certain Werewolf/Vampire/Necromancer abilities because the guards will get mad. When I duel someone, I don't do it for roleplaying purposes — so it's nothing but an inconvenience to have a guard 2v1 me in the middle of my duel.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A fun challenge for some is an annoyance for others. Some people enjoy Skyrim mods where you have to eat, drink, sleep and bathe regularly as well as consider the weather and temperature to survive. Others are glad their hero doesn't have to spend a single thought about these things. In the end, tastes differ and everyone draws the line between "fun and challenging" and "bothersome" differently. It will always be like that.

I have no problem with a limited inventory in some rpgs. For ESO, I think it wouldn't work well. Too many different items.

What I'd like would be slightly less ridiculous riddles. The way they currently are... they could as well remove them. I would have no problem, btw, with giving players an option to skip them if they are generally made harder.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • mdjessup4906
    mdjessup4906
    ✭✭✭
    Things like this or the illegal skills thing would be great as a toggle. I thought my necro getting tbagd by a gaurd evert time I accidentally hit my ult in town funny, but it gets old after awhile.

If I couldn't port every time I accidentally hit e on some merchants trash pot, I'd probably quit the game.
  • RavennShadowheart
    RavennShadowheart
    Soul Shriven
    Ooof that suggestion would severely cripple my main as my bounty is currently 28 million. Used to be 37 million but i took a break… yeah i wouldnt want my wayshrine ability disabled.
  • Myrnhiel
    Myrnhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dahveed wrote: »
    A great example of this kind of "semblance" is in the Witcher 3's open world, where I feel like I can explore for a while without seeing all kinds of bandits and enemies roam around every 22 feet... And their justice system is actually quite brutal, if I want to get back on topic. The game warns you that the guards are watching you fumble through someone else's crap. And if there are a few of them there and you try anyways, ooooooh boy watch out!

Well, Geralt just runs away until the guards don't follow him anymore. Then he returns and restarts looting at the very same spot under the nose of the very same guards who don't seem to recall that just one minute ago they chased him for looting.

Uhm, I don't think that's very realistic either... :D

Edited by Myrnhiel on 4 September 2024 06:22
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooof that suggestion would severely cripple my main as my bounty is currently 28 million. Used to be 37 million but i took a break… yeah i wouldnt want my wayshrine ability disabled.

:# How much time did it take to accumulate it?
  • RavennShadowheart
    RavennShadowheart
    Soul Shriven

:# How much time did it take to accumulate it?

Several years of gold/rare furnishing plan farming on npcs should do the trick :)
    Edited by RavennShadowheart on 4 September 2024 11:56
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should not. restricting teleports causes a lot more troubles for player.
    as there are not just wayshrine teleporations, but teleporting home, teleporting to a player,
    being summoned to bg, queued and teleported to PVP areas.. crippling down all of these methods
    will be too much annoying for players and not worth the candle.
    PC EU
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bounty system is primarily a roleplay system. The player essentially decides if they want opt into the RP. It's your choice to teleport out or try to out maneuver the guards.
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dahveed wrote: »
    Yeah.

I could go on a separate rant about the bounty system, IMO it doesn't feel "consequential" enough if you get caught, and there are too many pardon edicts lying about even if you do mess up (I always have several of them in my inventory even though I never search for them...).

But at the very least I shouldn't be able to just magically disappear from a city if they just caught me murdering someone. At the very least I should need to put in the effort require to sneak away or make a run for it. It would raise the stakes at least a little bit.

/shrug

This is a optional escape route, you don't have to use it if you want to play harder. Disabling wayshrine use for all players to suit your own preferences is not a good suggestion. Respectfully, no thank you.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artim_X wrote: »
    The bounty system is primarily a roleplay system.

How is it different to other game mechanics? You will get a bounty and the guards will chase you, whether you want it or not. You can use a pardon edict or a disguise, run away or teleport away, but I don't see how this is "opting in" or "opting out" (also, if your character uses an edict or a travel spell to get away, that's roleplay too, strictly seen).
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Give us clannfear mounts!
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artim_X wrote: »
    The bounty system is primarily a roleplay system.

How is it different to other game mechanics? You will get a bounty and the guards will chase you, whether you want it or not. You can use a pardon edict or a disguise, run away or teleport away, but I don't see how this is "opting in" or "opting out" (also, if your character uses an edict or a travel spell to get away, that's roleplay too, strictly seen).

What I mean is the bounty system isn't meant to be a genuine source of inconvenience unless you play in a way to make it more difficult for yourself (no teleporting away, no invisibility, no paying your way out, no persuading guards to just give you a warning, etc.).

Perhaps my original phrasing was not the best choice of words. Roleplay at the end of the day is subjective. In the context of the OP, teleporting away is viewed as cheating the premise of having a bounty system. Of course, someone else might roleplay a sneaky witch or a conniving wizard. In that case, teleporting away after committing a crime is a logical part of their roleplay. To each their own.
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "Let's make the bounty system really annoying by disabling fast travel in a game where you can get a bounty by accidentally stealing something when trying to interact with an object or NPC."

No. Thank. You.
  • JemadarofCaerSalis
    JemadarofCaerSalis
    ✭✭✭✭

Having played the first deus ex game, and many many games with a weight system and not a slot system, I either prefer what ESO has now, if I can't cheat, or a game where I can cheat and get rid of weight requirements altogether.

I well remember playing tetris with inventory, dumping things out, picking them up again to try to get them into an organized way.

Inventory management is not my favorite part of games.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having played the first deus ex game, and many many games with a weight system and not a slot system, I either prefer what ESO has now, if I can't cheat, or a game where I can cheat and get rid of weight requirements altogether.
    I well remember playing tetris with inventory, dumping things out, picking them up again to try to get them into an organized way.

I have no preference when it comes to that, but think it has to fit the type of game - and also that it has an influence both on the playstyle and the atmosphere. It's a difference if the game is about collecting big amounts of loot, or if it's mostly about keeping the most useful things and throwing out the old in the process. What's certain is that ESO is not designed for a very small inventory, with all its different crafting materials alone.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • JemadarofCaerSalis
    JemadarofCaerSalis
    ✭✭✭✭

I have no preference when it comes to that, but think it has to fit the type of game - and also that it has an influence both on the playstyle and the atmosphere. It's a difference if the game is about collecting big amounts of loot, or if it's mostly about keeping the most useful things and throwing out the old in the process. What's certain is that ESO is not designed for a very small inventory, with all its different crafting materials alone.

To me, it honestly depends on HOW much stuff there is to collect.

If it is like morrowind with hundreds of items, then inventory management, unless I am playing a game about inventory management, is not fun, no matter how realistic it might be.

If it is a game with few items, where most things will be useful, then I am more willing to go 'well, I never use this item, so out it goes', but I honestly just don't like inventory management :p

I don't mind some realism in games, but it has to add to the game, and not just add difficulty for the same of difficulty.