Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Oh my gosh ZOS! THANK YOU!

• TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think I've ever heard anything about storage chests myself.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do so many hate for others to get a benefit? Do you love it when you paid full price for something that is later discounted?

I think people who already own content that is a login reward now could get something else for that day, just some little thing so it's not completely nothing for that day. I'd be totally fine with that.

But what I personally don't understand is how some people seem really angry that ZOS gives away content for free now that they bought years ago. I bought Orsinium, Morrowind, CWC, Thieves Guild,... literally all chapters and story dlcs when they were released, but why should I be bothered that other people get to play this content for free now, 7 to 9 years later? Should I also be concerned that some singleplayer games are downloadable for free after many years? Or that movies I've bought a cinema ticket for now are aired on free tv?
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    Why do so many hate for others to get a benefit? Do you love it when you paid full price for something that is later discounted?

I think people who already own content that is a login reward now could get something else for that day, just some little thing so it's not completely nothing for that day. I'd be totally fine with that.

But what I personally don't understand is how some people seem really angry that ZOS gives away content for free now that they bought years ago. I bought Orsinium, Morrowind, CWC, Thieves Guild,... literally all chapters and story dlcs when they were released, but why should I be bothered that other people get to play this content for free now, 7 to 9 years later? Should I also be concerned that some singleplayer games are downloadable for free after many years? Or that movies I've bought a cinema ticket for now are aired on free tv?

Exactly....

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

• LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Crown refreshing drink is WORTHLESS. The buff sucks in real play and got me killed very quickly when I tried it. A wasted day!

Yes, worthless to me also. I took the reward thinking it was restoration tripots, before the word 'drink' had sunk in.

I'm sure that they're useful to those players using drink buffs instead of food buffs. You need to be following a specific build concept for it to be useful. One that I've never pursued.
    REQUIREMENTS NOT MET
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Etherea1 wrote: »
    What about people already bought those dungeons, what reward will they get?

I don't think they should get anything extra. The daily login reward for those slots are those dungeons, nothing more.

I think it's only fair that players get only what is advertised.
  • JemadarofCaerSalis
    JemadarofCaerSalis
    ✭✭✭✭
    To me, the issue with giving players who already have the DLCs something else, is that it leaves out all those players who don't necessarily want the DLCs, but don't have them, and might want whatever was given out more.

Like me, I don't particularly want the DLCs. I most likely will never use them and I have ESO + if 1I want to try them any time soon. So, I absolutely would prefer the alternative, especially if they gave out things like seals of endeavors.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    Meh.

3 of the furnishings are easily craftable in game. So now, after one of the most requested housing improvements was completely ignored, an improvement to housing storage, we're given housing items that won't even stack with their crafted counterparts. Adding a few more drops to the overfull bucket that runneth over.

And why has 4 days of research scrolls become a permanent fixture on the wall of the Daily Login Rewards? It was nice to see when it happened the first time, but every month now?

Even if one would find the furnishing items acceptable rewards, I personally see 7 days of nice rewards (maybe 9), but the rest of the month is all what most players would consider "Filler".

Housing Storage was not ignored. They have already stated it's not possible for them to do it from a technology standpoint. It's a hard no

You sure you're not confusing Storage and Slots?

Note that I did not say housing slots. I said Storage. Big difference.

Yes housing slots cannot be increased due to a technological limitation. But the ability to add storage isn't the same thing.

Yes. Both. They can't add more slots for decoration, and they also can't add furnishing bag/storage. It was something about database limits and how there's too many different categories and types of furnishings.

I recall that being said about a "furnishing bag". But I've never heard or seen any reference to an inability to add more storage chests. I've just tried searching again, and all I see are references to saying no to a furnishing bag. Zero hits on anything even remotely hinting at storage chests.

Oh you mean the storage chests? I thought you meant something specific to storing furniture not the furnishing that acts as storage. My bad.

They rejected increased general storage as well. They said they are aware we need more inventory space but they are looking for solutions outside of just giving us more because players will just keep filling it up. That's why we got stackable siege iirc.
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh.

3 of the furnishings are easily craftable in game. So now, after one of the most requested housing improvements was completely ignored, an improvement to housing storage, we're given housing items that won't even stack with their crafted counterparts. Adding a few more drops to the overfull bucket that runneth over.

And why has 4 days of research scrolls become a permanent fixture on the wall of the Daily Login Rewards? It was nice to see when it happened the first time, but every month now?

Even if one would find the furnishing items acceptable rewards, I personally see 7 days of nice rewards (maybe 9), but the rest of the month is all what most players would consider "Filler".

Housing Storage was not ignored. They have already stated it's not possible for them to do it from a technology standpoint. It's a hard no

Yes housing slots cannot be increased due to a technological limitation. But the ability to add storage isn't the same thing.

Yes. Both. They can't add more slots for decoration, and they also can't add furnishing bag/storage. It was something about database limits and how there's too many different categories and types of furnishings.

I recall that being said about a "furnishing bag". But I've never heard or seen any reference to an inability to add more storage chests. I've just tried searching again, and all I see are references to saying no to a furnishing bag. Zero hits on anything even remotely hinting at storage chests.

Oh you mean the storage chests? I thought you meant something specific to storing furniture not the furnishing that acts as storage. My bad.

They rejected increased general storage as well. They said they are aware we need more inventory space but they are looking for solutions outside of just giving us more because players will just keep filling it up. That's why we got stackable siege iirc.

Yep. And therein lies the rub. While they are aware of the issue, they continue to pour more items into the bucket and expect the players to carry it. :wink:
    Edited by DenverRalphy on 1 September 2024 23:44
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh.

Yep. And therein lies the rub. While they are aware of the issue, they continue to pour more items into the bucket and expect the players to carry it. :wink:

I mean, they made more items stackable. And they made the furnishing plans cost Nickel instead of a new material. So, they have done something to address it. Personally, I think working towards making more things stackable is more impactful than an extra chest. But, to each their own.
  • TheMajority
    TheMajority
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the furnishings are something that an newer players would like to receive. Imagine being new and not having so much and dreaming of owning a nice furnishing, then you get it on the log in. Thats a nice feeling I do remember well from being new 10 years ago and someone giving me a nice thing to enjoy.

if you are a big player who played years, sure it would not matter much for you, but for a new player its great and I hope they have enjoyment of it.

for me I like getting the butterflies and I do think a crown store furnishing as a treat is a nice thing
    Time flies like an arrow- but fruit flies like a banana.

Sorry for my English, I do not always have a translation tool available. Thank you for your patience with our conversation and working towards our mutual understanding of the topic.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one is very happy with this, thankyou!
  • JiubLeRepenti
    JiubLeRepenti
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to break your anthousiasm but...

I don't really get how you can be so grateful towards ZOS for these daily rewards?

The only nice things are the two (five years old) dungeons.
    • Furnishings are worth several tens of thousands at very best
    • Inks have a unit value of less than 5k (and prices keep decreasing)
    • Researches... Already have completed everything on this part, I systematically throw them
    • 2 resins, 2 waxes, 2 alloys... 35k worth for everything
    • Crown food... Will throw it away aswell

Of course this is adecent list of rewards for a new player or a player that doesn't make alot of money ingame. But if you do just a bit of cash ingame this is... Well... Not amazing at all.

I wish ZOS was giving crown crates again, or rare mounts from the crown store...
    Edited by JiubLeRepenti on 2 September 2024 08:05
    BE/FR l PC EU l CP2400
    Just fell in love with housing! House vid: TES III Morrowind biggest fan!
  • JiubLeRepenti
    JiubLeRepenti
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the furnishings are something that an newer players would like to receive. Imagine being new and not having so much and dreaming of owning a nice furnishing, then you get it on the log in. Thats a nice feeling I do remember well from being new 10 years ago and someone giving me a nice thing to enjoy.

if you are a big player who played years, sure it would not matter much for you, but for a new player its great and I hope they have enjoyment of it.

for me I like getting the butterflies and I do think a crown store furnishing as a treat is a nice thing

And this, once again, bring us to the observation that ZOS keeps one of the most important part of its community aside.

Again, nothing (or almost nothing) for endgame/PvP players.

2k alliance points seriously guys, it takes litterally five minutes to get this in Cyro...
    Edited by JiubLeRepenti on 2 September 2024 07:38
    BE/FR l PC EU l CP2400
    Just fell in love with housing! House vid: TES III Morrowind biggest fan!
  • opalcity
    opalcity
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The reward of hopefully shorter queue times for those dungeons because more people can do them now?

(I'm an optimist)
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We can craft all but two items on this months login rewards. (not counting the dlc's)
  • Sepultura_13
    Sepultura_13
    ✭✭✭✭
    opalcity wrote: »

The reward of hopefully shorter queue times for those dungeons because more people can do them now?

(I'm an optimist)

My only question: if I have the two DLC dungeons unlocked due to ESO+, and I unsubscribe at a later date, will I still have the DLC dungeons in my collection from the daily reward, or would I have to purchase them upon unsubscribing if I wanted to keep doing their content?

I hope that I made this query as straightforward as possible, because some people want to misunderstand / misconstrue everything I say.
  • joergino
    joergino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you claim the dungeons from the login rewards, you'll always have access to them, regardless if you're subscribed to ESO+ or not.
    Edited by joergino on 10 September 2024 14:32
  • Sepultura_13
    Sepultura_13
    ✭✭✭✭
    joergino wrote: »
    If you claim the dungeons from the login rewards, you'll always have access to them, regardless if you're subsribed to ESO+ or not.

@joergino - thank you for the clarification! I thought that might be the case, but didn't want to make any assumptions.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, (with or without being subscribed) you may access the dlcs/dungeons that you own whether you claimed the dlcs/dungeons as a free daily reward or bought it ... and whether you claimed it while being subscribed.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean: They don't have to give us anything at all. They didn't in the past and they could remove the login rewards again if they wanted. There is absolutely no obligation for them to do this. So I don't see why I would complain, whether I find a free reward useful or not. From my point of view these rewards are a little bonus; depending on what it is, some people find an item useful, others not so much, and that's fine. Actually I think they make a good selection for different playstyles, even if it means there are something things I personally don't need (whether it's another stack of potions or meals I already drown in, or some ugly glow mount I never use).

Edited by Syldras on 2 September 2024 17:34
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    I mean: They don't have to give us anything at all. They didn't in the past and they could remove the login rewards again if they wanted. There is absolutely no obligation for them to do this. So I don't see why I would complain, whether I find a free reward useful or not. From my point of view these rewards are a little bonus; depending on what it is, some people find an item useful, others not so much, and that's fine. Actually I think they make a good selection for different playstyles, even if it means there are something things I personally don't need (whether it's another stack of potions or meals I already drown in, or some ugly glow mount I never use).

Yes, it’s a little something for everyone. If you assume it will all be things you want/need you’re going to be disappointed. I don’t know why someone would even think that or expect it but here we are.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Mascen
    Mascen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most of the furnishings this month are not my taste so easy come easy go considering we got a good chunk of crown crates this year. Gotta roll with the punches.

Id be happier if i could sell off the window boxes and other stuff but if they're bound, into the trash it goes.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mascen wrote: »
    Most of the furnishings this month are not my taste so easy come easy go considering we got a good chunk of crown crates this year. Gotta roll with the punches.

Id be happier if i could sell off the window boxes and other stuff but if they're bound, into the trash it goes.

Oh yes, I hope they are not bound. I asked the hubby to send me his when he gets them since he is not into housing.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh... I purchased the dungeons a long time ago like I do with all content (I only subscribe for the craft bag), I couldn't care less about more furnishings, and I don't need the currencies, materials, research scrolls, etc. There are no Crown Tri-Pots offered this month so nothing is really useful to me.
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    Meh.

They did post in the Housing forum some while back that a furniture bag wasn't possible, because of the sheer number of furnishings already available. And that number's vastly expanded by this time....

The post was stickied for a couple of years. Then it was allowed to sink. I might still be able to hunt it up; it would be easiest if I could remember the name of the admin who posted it.

Regarding storage, what I would like is for them to add warehouses, buildings that have nothing in them but room to store stuff, as many slots as we can have, I guess that would be 700 per warehouse. For realism, the warehouses could be placed around Tamriel in popular trade cities, and such where one would expect to find warehouses. Some area of the warehouse could have smaller shells for smaller stuff, and some part could have shelves reminiscent of where the Ark of the Covenant was hidden away at the end of the Indiana Jones movie. Or, we could just enter a huge white area like where they stored all the guns in Matrix, but that would be kind of immersion breaking. 😂
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I LOVE the Indiana Jones warehouse idea! Perfect my friend, JUST PERFECT!

• Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »
    Regarding storage, what I would like is for them to add warehouses, buildings that have nothing in them but room to store stuff, as many slots as we can have, I guess that would be 700 per warehouse.

You mean like this, but... more orderly?

hkeiurnoyybc.png

(I had to empty my inventory. Fast.)
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Bethgael
    Bethgael
    ✭✭✭
    We can craft all but two items on this months login rewards. (not counting the dlc's)

Yah, but for all of the Alinor furnishings, you need culanda, which you can only get via dailies (or buying on stores from someone else who is farming Summerset dailies). I have the patterns, but getting the items without having to farm an extra daily for a few days is a win-win.
    Edited by Bethgael on 3 September 2024 08:19
    Ingame ID: Bethgael PC NA/EU but mostly NA
  • jongoma
    jongoma
    ✭✭
    yeah tyvm zos
  • Ilumia
    Ilumia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Introducing crown only furnishings is a daily login highlight for me :)